[mod] Sexbound Reborn

1 hour ago, SimonTheWhoreFox said:

How do you fuck, literally. do you need to make this titanium bed? Cuz I cannot place the addon anywhere, no matter where I point that fucking thing. I am probably just extraordinary dumb, and I usually am

40 minutes ago, SimonTheWhoreFox said:

how do you open that circle thingy, I tried every button. And what exactly is a sexnode and where they are, how they look like? I see hearts appearing on NPCs, is that also added by the mod or it's from a base game?

The hearts are completely vanilla and have nothing to say.

The UI opens when you "lounge" (i.e. sit/lay down) in a "sexnode" (furniture that is sex-enabled; which is mostly tables, anything you slap an addon onto [and then click the hearts, not the furniture] or special SxB versions of addon-compatible furniture, for which you can find blueprints in the wild iirc.)

The addon can be added to any compatible base furniture to enable dual use (sleeping OR fucking, depending on where you click) - imagine upgrading the forge in the end-game by placing and upgrade onto it.

7 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

The hearts are completely vanilla and have nothing to say.

The UI opens when you "lounge" (i.e. sit/lay down) in a "sexnode" (furniture that is sex-enabled; which is mostly tables, anything you slap an addon onto [and then click the hearts, not the furniture] or special SxB versions of addon-compatible furniture, for which you can find blueprints in the wild iirc.)

The addon can be added to any compatible base furniture to enable dual use (sleeping OR fucking, depending on where you click) - imagine upgrading the forge in the end-game by placing and upgrade onto it.

I try placing the addon on everything but it doesn't work. Like, placing it on top of the furniture

1 hour ago, Grimmsonproject said:

hey can someone show me how they made it work with race mods? I kinda need a visual guide here because I got nothin workin propperly well minus the base mod just trying to update from api sexbound to reborn

Eh... so, what exactly is your problem? Or what are you trying to achieve?

When upgrading from SxB to SBR, you only need to keep a few things in mind.

- Using POV Redux? You need to update to version 4.2.0

- Using TeratophiliaScenes? You need the version whose filename starts with "SxB_" (Veeeeeery counter-intuitive, I know)

- Using Lustbound? Yeet the base mod, it's included in SBR 1.1 (That is, "Lustbound Base" and "Lustbound Base Manager" - keep the addons if you have any.)

- Using Aphrodite's Bow? Download the "SBR Aphrodite's Bow Patch" too.

Everything else works out of the box as it did in SxB.

10 hours ago, PlagueIncorperated said:

Do you have the link to the current supported version of the avalis? I havent played in a while and I wanted to again but I keep crashing. I've tested my addons and mods, its the current avali sexbound thats crashing my game. Do you have an updated version of it perchance?

I personally don't keep track of all the supports out there. Especially since there seems to be different offerings available depending on which corner of the internet you look in, and people constantly show up with logs full of supports that nobody knew of before. However, race supports should not be causing problems. The only thing that is a known incompatibility are the Cutebound Avians, as they achieve their look by outright removing parts from the original Avians which leads to broken file path's when Sexbound tries to fetch them.

You can toss us your log file though, then we can see what's going on.

5 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

I personally don't keep track of all the supports out there. Especially since there seems to be different offerings available depending on which corner of the internet you look in, and people constantly show up with logs full of supports that nobody knew of before. However, race supports should not be causing problems. The only thing that is a known incompatibility are the Cutebound Avians, as they achieve their look by outright removing parts from the original Avians which leads to broken file path's when Sexbound tries to fetch them.

You can toss us your log file though, then we can see what's going on.

starbound.log

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, wolfgundam said:

Hey really sorry to bug you but im just wondering with the updates to SbR are races like Vulpes and Lucario now usable or will they break my game still?

The Lucario race should be working perfectly fine. Both the glaring issue in the race itself should have been patched by now, aswell as SBR'S color genetics code got two updates to be more robust with invalid data.

As for the Vulpes... I actually don't remember. Looking through older posts regarding them, the issue seems to have been color codes interpreted as the simple number "1", and looking at their species file now I can see where that might come from - however, I don't see why that should be a problem in the first place; So I'd say logically it should be fine, but if you run into an issue with them again and your error log says something about "1" then gimme a ping and I'll see about it in more detail for 1.2.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it for a bit more... I have a sneaking suspicion that the issue still persists, and where it's coming from, and I don't like the implications of it... So keep me updated please.

Edited by Erina Sugino
2 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

The Lucario race should be working perfectly fine. Both the glaring issue in the race itself should have been patched by now, aswell as SBR'S color genetics code got two updates to be more robust with invalid data.

As for the Vulpes... I actually don't remember. Looking through older posts regarding them, the issue seems to have been color codes interpreted as the simple number "1", and looking at their species file now I can see where that might come from - however, I don't see why that should be a problem in the first place; So I'd say logically it should be fine, but if you run into an issue with them again and your error log says something about "1" then gimme a ping and I'll see about it in more detail for 1.2.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it for a bit more... I have a sneaking suspicion that the issue still persists, and where it's coming from, and I don't like the implications of it... So keep me updated please.

starbound.log  Hey just ran a test and the Vulpes are still still making invisible children here is my log

25 minutes ago, wolfgundam said:

Hey just ran a test and the Vulpes are still still making invisible children here is my log

Ok, kinda what I expected. I know what's going on.

Short answer, Starbound is going on.

Long answer, the vulpes are using a source color pixels value of "000001" that is replaced by another color. However, when this is turned into a Lua table for the Lua scripts, Starbound does some "smart interpretation" and makes it a numerical index - so it becomes just the number "1". Which is obviously not a valid hex color code anymore. The fix is fairly easy, I can give you early instructions on how do fix it in your local installation. Otherwise it'll be fixed in V1.2.

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

Ok, kinda what I expected. I know what's going on.

Short answer, Starbound is going on.

Long answer, the vulpes are using a source color pixels value of "000001" that is replaced by another color. However, when this is turned into a Lua table for the Lua scripts, Starbound does some "smart interpretation" and makes it a numerical index - so it becomes just the number "1". Which is obviously not a valid hex color code anymore. The fix is fairly easy, I can give you early instructions on how do fix it in your local installation. Otherwise it'll be fixed in V1.2.

hmm well i will wait i am autistic and  messing with files like this is way to much for me thank you for you time.

I have SBR, PoV Redux, Both Tetaros, and Aphrodite's Bow. I start the game/character save, normal. I shoot the bow at someone, they turn naked and freeze. I press E on them, My character is naked and stands next to them and nothing happens. I spam E on them, the UI is faded and everything has locks on it and my character disappears. The only way to fix it is to beam up to my ship with them. Am I doing it wrong??? Am I not allowed to do it with crewmembers??? Am I missing something??? Is there another button I need to press??? Do I need the fabled "Lustbound Patch" that everyone talks about but nobody gives links to??? What the fuck??? I am thoroughly pissed...

Just now, XxkillaxX117 said:

I have SBR, PoV Redux, Both Tetaros, and Aphrodite's Bow. I start the game/character save, normal. I shoot the bow at someone, they turn naked and freeze. I press E on them, My character is naked and stands next to them and nothing happens. I spam E on them, the UI is faded and everything has locks on it and my character disappears. The only way to fix it is to beam up to my ship with them. Am I doing it wrong??? Am I not allowed to do it with crewmembers??? Am I missing something??? Is there another button I need to press??? Do I need the fabled "Lustbound Patch" that everyone talks about but nobody gives links to??? What the fuck??? I am thoroughly pissed...

And no. I do not know how to use log files.

35 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

And no. I do not know how to use log files.

That is a problem, because without said logfile all the help we can offer is making assumptions based on your vague descriptions.

So let's try doing that.

37 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

The UI breaking is a sign of you having either the wrong version of POV Redux, the wrong version of TeratophiliaScenes, or a broken POV addon installed.

POV Redux needs to be V4.2.0 for SBR, for Teratophilia Scenes you need to downlaod the version whose filename starts with "SxB_".

Not really sure what you mean by "Both Teratos".

When you have Aphrodite's Bow installed, you also need to have the "SBR Aphrodite's Bow patch" installed (download on this mod). Though this is not related to your current issue.

The Lustbound patch is no longer a thing, as Lustbound has been fully integrated into SBR starting from V1.1. Which, in turn, means you need to deinstall any other version of Lustbound you might have had before, though you don't mention that being the case.

52 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

Is this mod even compatible with Frackin Universe??? Is that the issue???

The mod is compatible with Frackin' Universe to the extend that your PC will not explode if both are installed. This is the furthest level of compatibility that will ever be given. This means you can freely use both mods to their fullest extent, but sexual interaction with FU specific NPC types is not possible.

For the future, your log file is located in your Starbound installation folder -> "storage". In there you will find a file called "starbound.log". If you have file extensions disabled, it will be a plain text file just called "starbound". Not "log.1", not any other number - these are backup logs from previous sessions.

41 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

That is a problem, because without said logfile all the help we can offer is making assumptions based on your vague descriptions.

So let's try doing that.

The UI breaking is a sign of you having either the wrong version of POV Redux, the wrong version of TeratophiliaScenes, or a broken POV addon installed.

POV Redux needs to be V4.2.0 for SBR, for Teratophilia Scenes you need to downlaod the version whose filename starts with "SxB_".

Not really sure what you mean by "Both Teratos".

When you have Aphrodite's Bow installed, you also need to have the "SBR Aphrodite's Bow patch" installed (download on this mod). Though this is not related to your current issue.

The Lustbound patch is no longer a thing, as Lustbound has been fully integrated into SBR starting from V1.1. Which, in turn, means you need to deinstall any other version of Lustbound you might have had before, though you don't mention that being the case.

The mod is compatible with Frackin' Universe to the extend that your PC will not explode if both are installed. This is the furthest level of compatibility that will ever be given. This means you can freely use both mods to their fullest extent, but sexual interaction with FU specific NPC types is not possible.

For the future, your log file is located in your Starbound installation folder -> "storage". In there you will find a file called "starbound.log". If you have file extensions disabled, it will be a plain text file just called "starbound". Not "log.1", not any other number - these are backup logs from previous sessions.

I think I have been able to fix it, but I have to restart my starbound to know for sure. I have downloaded the most recent files for each of the mods that I got.

18 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

I think I have been able to fix it, but I have to restart my starbound to know for sure. I have downloaded the most recent files for each of the mods that I got.

I have successfully fixed it. Now my only question is, how do i climax? 😭

44 minutes ago, NiffyFox said:

female does not have climax bars and clicking bars does nothing.

They do.

If something is broken for you, you can always toss a log so we can try and troubleshoot your problem.