[mod] Sexbound Reborn

27 minutes ago, Banleog said:

Will it be enough to write /debug to make the log look like this or are any other changes needed? If not than please tell me how.

As stated in my response to your first post, you need to turn these logging levels on in the main config file of Sexbound, pretty much at the very bottom.

This is a Sexbound exclusive setting and has nothing to do with Starbound mechanics like /debug.

(Actually, /debug has nothing much to do with logging at all, it only displays performance debug information and hitboxes.)

Well... now I feel even stupider than before I asked the question. 
The “problem,” if you can call it that, turned out to be that I remember that there used to be 
a big sign in the chat area about “x impregnated y,” but it was disabled in new versions.
So maybe before this I was just SO unlucky with not 100% chances, but turning it on in the settings showed that it seemed to work.

Anyway thanks and sorry for wasted time.

21 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

As stated in my response to your first post, you need to turn these logging levels on in the main config file of Sexbound, pretty much at the very bottom.

This is a Sexbound exclusive setting and has nothing to do with Starbound mechanics like /debug.

(Actually, /debug has nothing much to do with logging at all, it only displays performance debug information and hitboxes.)

14 minutes ago, Banleog said:
Well... now I feel even stupider than before I asked the question. 
The “problem,” if you can call it that, turned out to be that I remember that there used to be 
a big sign in the chat area about “x impregnated y,” but it was disabled in new versions.
So maybe before this I was just SO unlucky with not 100% chances, but turning it on in the settings showed that it seemed to work.

Anyway thanks and sorry for wasted time.

Well, good to hear you figured something out - however, the error message you were getting is not related to pregnancy chance and is showing that something is actually going wrong. So unless the error message stopped and you now got successful pregnancies, I would encourage pursuing this further. Also, by default SBR setting successful pregnancies are still announced by S.A.I.L. - instantly for NPCs getting pregnant, with 1-3 minute delay when the player gets pregnant.

The error you have showed before says that all the conditions have been met and all the chance checks succeeded, so that the actor in question was supposed to get pregnent - however they didn't, as the generation of the baby data errored - in this case because some color value for the color genetics seems to not be present. That's all I can tell so far.

31 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Well, good to hear you figured something out - however, the error message you were getting is not related to pregnancy chance and is showing that something is actually going wrong. So unless the error message stopped and you now got successful pregnancies, I would encourage pursuing this further. Also, by default SBR setting successful pregnancies are still announced by S.A.I.L. - instantly for NPCs getting pregnant, with 1-3 minute delay when the player gets pregnant.

The error you have showed before says that all the conditions have been met and all the chance checks succeeded, so that the actor in question was supposed to get pregnent - however they didn't, as the generation of the baby data errored - in this case because some color value for the color genetics seems to not be present. That's all I can tell so far.

Its not stop. I just get S.A.I.L notification that it happend. Can't really know if its happend just finnaly see S.A.I.L told me so (i play male so 1-3 min delay is not a thing). You can see a log with turned on debug and info and error still there.

starbound.log

26 minutes ago, Banleog said:

Its not stop. I just get S.A.I.L notification that it happend. Can't really know if its happend just finnaly see S.A.I.L told me so (i play male so 1-3 min delay is not a thing). You can see a log with turned on debug and info and error still there.

Hmm, I might need to investigate this one in more detail myself.

However, I did notice that your error log does not contain any human readable information for Starbound errors - are you using OpenStarbound or any other custom Starbound distribution?

2 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Hmm, I might need to investigate this one in more detail myself.

However, I did notice that your error log does not contain any human readable information for Starbound errors - are you using OpenStarbound or any other custom Starbound distribution?

No i'm not. At least i don't think so.

But i pirated the game(maybe that's make a diference).

Edited by Banleog

So I am here this time as we have tired it more then once even with the strong fertility pills and even changing the config to a 1.0 chance to get pregnant which would change it to 100% with the species Neki and still it hasn't happened so would love some help at finding out why its not working! Here is the log from the person hosting the world.

starbound(2).log

35 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

So I am here this time as we have tired it more then once even with the strong fertility pills and even changing the config to a 1.0 chance to get pregnant which would change it to 100% with the species Neki and still it hasn't happened so would love some help at finding out why its not working! Here is the log from the person hosting the world.

You broke your pregnancy plugin config file.

"Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 12:23"

48 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

So what would I need to do to fix it because I am a bit confused about what was said above? So you meaning like the pregnancy config itself in the SxB reborn config area?

The file sxb_plugin.pregnant.config

The file has a JSON syntax error, that you most likely created when editing it.

Would need to see said file to tell you more, but any online JSON validator would probably do the same for you.

11 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

Ok this should be what your looking for at least I hope so. If you can not pushing for rushing or anything but i can respond nearly instantly after each response so we can go back and forth quickly if your available to.

...this file is completely valid JSON. So either there is some mixing up of file versions going on, or you have a mod improperly patching this file.

Here is another fresh new log we made. If you want to look over it and see if anything changes or stands out to help find this problem. If that doesn't help I could screenshot the mods we are using in the mod folder if it may help too. Also if this may help even more I use discord not sure if you do but If you want to call and have myself stream everything to you it would most likely help too. Discord ----> the_loving_lexy7688

starbound.log

Edited by The_Loving_Lexy
On 3/30/2024 at 9:21 PM, Erina Sugino said:

You can of course customize everything about pregnancies in the pregnancy plugin config file.

Also, regarding the POV window - it only shows up when the action between two actors is fully supported. This, in the current public state of POV Redux alone, is only the case for humans and partially for florans. Other POV addons out there add support for individual races.

Can you link some for Avians, Glitch, Kitsune, Neko, etc.? I've looked and can't find any...

32 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

Can you link some for Avians, Glitch, Kitsune, Neko, etc.? I've looked and can't find any...

I am most certain they don't exist. I know of custom made Lucario and Neki ones, aswell as Draconis (which atleast in the past had problems with SBR as the addon included the entire old POV code too) - but that's about it for normal race POV mods.

Is there a way to disable the usage of tables in the mod? The mod functionally is amazing, but I'd like to be able to toggle the table usage - seeing my crew get frisky in the on-ship bar is a little awkward haha.

Thanks for your excellent work on the mod btw! Glad the o.g. got a remaster.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, NamePendingF said:

Is there a way to disable the usage of tables in the mod? The mod functionally is amazing, but I'd like to be able to toggle the table usage - seeing my crew get frisky in the on-ship bar is a little awkward haha.

Thanks for your excellent work on the mod btw! Glad the o.g. got a remaster.

The only way to achieve that is reworking the tables to accept addons like the beds. Which would need to be done for every single supported table there is.

EDIT: Though if you just want to get rid of the ability to fuck on tables entirely, just deleting the corresponding object patches for all tables from the "objects" folder inside the mod also works.

Edited by Erina Sugino
1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

The only way to achieve that is reworking the tables to accept addons like the beds. Which would need to be done for every single supported table there is.

EDIT: Though if you just want to get rid of the ability to fuck on tables entirely, just deleting the corresponding object patches for all tables from the "objects" folder inside the mod also works.

I'd thought as much, but I didn't want to create any problems by just rampantly deleting things in a carefully constructed mod. I forgot that Starbound is a lot nicer to mod than something like a Bethesda game. Thanks for the quick response and help!

Edit: Glad to report that that does in fact do the trick without any issues thus far. Thanks again!

Edited by NamePendingF
7 minutes ago, Mdah said:

I'm kind of new to this modding thing for starbown. where do the config files go? same goes with the patch and lua file from the aphrodites bow patch

also, the sex scenes kind of don't work. maybe it's just the teratodefeat and gofuckyourself mods breaking but it just shows both characters involves standing and facing each other

10 hours ago, Mdah said:

I'm kind of new to this modding thing for starbown. where do the config files go? same goes with the patch and lua file from the aphrodites bow patch

I recommend you read the Advanced Troubleshooting Guide which tells you all about how to properly install mods locally.

10 hours ago, Mdah said:

also, the sex scenes kind of don't work. maybe it's just the teratodefeat and gofuckyourself mods breaking but it just shows both characters involves standing and facing each other

Assuming that you are not just expecting thing to happen automatically, which they don't, and instead the Sex UI not showing up, where you would choose a sex position, that sounds like you have the wrong version of POV Redux or Teratophilia Scenes. Though considering your previous post about installing mods, you might have just spilled an important mod all over your mods folder and broken things that way - either way, the only thing that would help in this case is getting your log file from "/storage/starbound.log" so we can see what'S going on.

was playing with this mod, when I placed down a gofuckyourself station down, and one of my crewmates used it, and then I got an error saying: "starbound exception caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Path '/humanoid/avian//5.png' contains consecutive //, not allowed"
does anyone know what happened? and how can I fix? I've been trying everything and can't get the problem to go away, seems to happen every time my Avian crewmate interacts with a sex station, log file included

starbound.log

3 minutes ago, Frisky Bacon said:

was playing with this mod, when I placed down a gofuckyourself station down, and one of my crewmates used it, and then I got an error saying: "starbound exception caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Path '/humanoid/avian//5.png' contains consecutive //, not allowed"
does anyone know what happened? and how can I fix? I've been trying everything and can't get the problem to go away, seems to happen every time my Avian crewmate interacts with a sex station, log file included

You have Cutebound installed (Make the universe a cuter place). Their avians just remove the beak. This results in the error produced. You can either install a version/patch of Cutebound that leaves Avians untouched, or wait for SBR V1.2.

12 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

You have Cutebound installed (Make the universe a cuter place). Their avians just remove the beak. This results in the error produced. You can either install a version/patch of Cutebound that leaves Avians untouched, or wait for SBR V1.2.

ahh, thanks for your help.

I'll look for a version/patch for now, but if SBR 1.2 close?

18 minutes ago, Frisky Bacon said:

ahh, thanks for your help.

I'll look for a version/patch for now, but if SBR 1.2 close?

It should go into release testing soon. But I'll not be making any precise estimations.