[mod] Sexbound Reborn

2 hours ago, Salomão69 said:

The game crashes right before opening the start menu

Looking at that log, Exotic Goods isn't even installed. Unless it's now a Steam mod with a weirdly non-saying mod ID.

It also does not look like a crash. Only a million billion error messages about failed object spawns while creating dungeons and broken recipes.

2 hours ago, Salomão69 said:

2 questions:

1) How do I get urine in the game?
I realized that there are items like the urine balloon, but I don't know how to acquire the liquid, and I was thinking about putting a Sewer Worker villager on my glitch ship, with his room being the entrance to something like the ship's sewer system.

2) Would it be possible to make liquids such as urine and semen moisten the plowed soil like water?
Because we know that excrement has always been traditionally used as fertilizer in agriculture.

1) There is no such thing in the game, or Sexbound. Unless you have other mods that add it. In which case it's a question to be directed at those mods' creators, not me.

2) Yes. Patch into "/tiles/mods/tilleddry.matmod" and add to path "/liquidInteractions/-" the following data for semen:

{
	"liquidId": 157,
    "consumeLiquid": 0.5,
    "transformModId": 31,
    "topOnly": true
}

11 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

1) There is no such thing in the game, or Sexbound. Unless you have other mods that add it. In which case it's a question to be directed at those mods' creators, not me.

Leave it there.
I discovered that this liquid is from Lewdbound, and we achieved this with some specific items.

Is there a way to limit which genders can have sex, i.e. only male x female or female x female etc. The method I've been currently trying is figuring out how to change the requirements for each position in the scripts folder so that only genders with Vagina's can be penetrated but I haven't had any success. Would greatly appreciate any help :)

8 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Is there a way to limit which genders can have sex, i.e. only male x female or female x female etc. The method I've been currently trying is figuring out how to change the requirements for each position in the scripts folder so that only genders with Vagina's can be penetrated but I haven't had any success. Would greatly appreciate any help :)

What you've attempted is literally already the case.

As for them not even initiating sex, that is doable with a little code editing. The new 1.1 NPC AI checks sexnodes for compatibility before deciding which one to wander to. This is determined by a set of checks which are weighted by a config set list. Every empty node starts out with a score of 10, the higher the score the more likely the NPC is to got there. If a score of 0 (or less) is returned, the node is completely ignored.

There is also a parameter "gender" upon which the nodes are weighted, which currently checks if there is one actor in there that has the opposite set of genitals to the NPCs checking the node.

So what you could do, is change sexbound.lua's "checkNodeCompatibility()" function so that this gender check looks for the gender combination you don't want, then set the multiplier for "gender" in the main config file to -100. That way, any node with an actor that has the wrong gender will be ignored by NPC pathfinding.

Keep in mind, however, that this is a workaround hack and comes with heavy drawbacks. For one, threeactors become near impossible, since this check runs for every actor and if even one of them has your unwanted gender combination, it fails. So if you e.g. want to ban FxF, because they can't really do much currently, but FxFxM is allowed (even though they can do as little), this would be impossible to achieve.

52 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

What you've attempted is literally already the case.

As for them not even initiating sex, that is doable with a little code editing. The new 1.1 NPC AI checks sexnodes for compatibility before deciding which one to wander to. This is determined by a set of checks which are weighted by a config set list. Every empty node starts out with a score of 10, the higher the score the more likely the NPC is to got there. If a score of 0 (or less) is returned, the node is completely ignored.

There is also a parameter "gender" upon which the nodes are weighted, which currently checks if there is one actor in there that has the opposite set of genitals to the NPCs checking the node.

So what you could do, is change sexbound.lua's "checkNodeCompatibility()" function so that this gender check looks for the gender combination you don't want, then set the multiplier for "gender" in the main config file to -100. That way, any node with an actor that has the wrong gender will be ignored by NPC pathfinding.

Keep in mind, however, that this is a workaround hack and comes with heavy drawbacks. For one, threeactors become near impossible, since this check runs for every actor and if even one of them has your unwanted gender combination, it fails. So if you e.g. want to ban FxF, because they can't really do much currently, but FxFxM is allowed (even though they can do as little), this would be impossible to achieve.

Thanks so much for the help!

I tried doing this but I haven't had much success, not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I added the code edits I made to the spoilers, hope that's alright with you, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Spoiler

Here are the edits I made in SEXBOUND.IUA

###EDITS ON LINE  1234, CHANGED GENDER = 1 to GENDER = -100###

function Sexbound:checkNodeCompatibility(args)
    if self._config.position.noCompatibility then return 0 end --If the "noCompatibility" flag is set (like on the birthing node for players), always return 0 to disable NPCs from targeting this.

local motherUuid = args.motherUuid or nil
    local fatherUuid = args.fatherUuid or nil
    local otherUuid = args.uuid or nil
    local multiplier = self._config.behaviour or {}
    multiplier = multiplier.multiplier or {
        incest=-1,
        twoactor=1,
        gender=-100,
        compatible=1
    }

###EDITS ON LINE 1275, CHANGED BODYTRAITS.HASVAGINA TO HASPENIS###

local bodyTraits = a._config.identity.body
        if args.bodyTraits then
            if (args.bodyTraits.hasPenis and bodyTraits.hasPenis) then genderBonus = 1 end
        end

Here are the edits I made in the Sexbound.config

###EDITS ON LINE 531 CHANGED GENDER TO = -100###
  /**
   * NPC behaviour configuration
   */
  "behaviour": {
    "multiplier": {
      "incest": -1,
      "twoactor": 1,
      "gender": -100,
      "compatible": 1
    },

"allowIncest": true
  }

2 hours ago, theman221 said:

Thanks so much for the help!

I tried doing this but I haven't had much success, not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I added the code edits I made to the spoilers, hope that's alright with you, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

That looks correct though. You could try turning on "behavior" level logging in the main config file and see what it says about nodes.

7 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

That looks correct though. You could try turning on "behavior" level logging in the main config file and see what it says about nodes.

EDITED: At first I thought only the male penguine race was able to have sex but I noticed other races now having sex.

So I tried again, I set the code up the same way as before but I'm still seeing 2 Male NPCs have sex (a male hylottl and male Penguine using the vanilla cream mod, maybe its a conflict with that mod since it hasn't been updated for a while?)

I've attached the logs here, it does seem that the negative modifier is being applied since I see that the compatibility is being set to about -88, but for some reason I'm still seeing 2 male NPCs have sex. Is it possible that the fact i'm using an old save is the issue?

Thanks again, I've attached the logs.

starbound.log

Edited by theman221
3 hours ago, theman221 said:

EDITED: At first I thought only the male penguine race was able to have sex but I noticed other races now having sex.

So I tried again, I set the code up the same way as before but I'm still seeing 2 Male NPCs have sex (a male hylottl and male Penguine using the vanilla cream mod, maybe its a conflict with that mod since it hasn't been updated for a while?)

I've attached the logs here, it does seem that the negative modifier is being applied since I see that the compatibility is being set to about -88, but for some reason I'm still seeing 2 male NPCs have sex. Is it possible that the fact i'm using an old save is the issue?

Thanks again, I've attached the logs.

Hmm, so multiple things.

First, you broke your pregnancy plugin config.

Second, from the log I'm seeing that those nodes that do return the negative index are properly ignores as intended.

I'm also seeing that the index randomly goes up to... -188?

45 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Hmm, so multiple things.

First, you broke your pregnancy plugin config.

Second, from the log I'm seeing that those nodes that do return the negative index are properly ignores as intended.

I'm also seeing that the index randomly goes up to... -188?

Ahh, I tried to change some settings in the pregnancy config, I must have messed something. I reinstalled sexbound reborn and put back the code I sent earlier.

So I'm starting to notice that once an npc becomes a node no other npc actually comes to have sex with them, that is until I close the game and reload it and then basically npcs turn into nodes as expected but then males can have sex with each other. But if I break the animation then the issue returns and NPCs that turn into nodes don't get approached by any other NPC.

It seems that the condition I set are being ignored just after loading a game, but after that NPCs can become nodes but no NPC approaches those nodes, very confused :') Another log added in case it helps. As for the random jump to -188 I have no idea really, I'll try to dig around.

starbound.log

Edited by theman221
30 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Ahh, I tried to change some settings in the pregnancy config, I must have messed something. I reinstalled sexbound reborn and put back the code I sent earlier.

So I'm starting to notice that once an npc becomes a node no other npc actually comes to have sex with them, that is until I close the game and reload it and then basically npcs turn into nodes as expected but then males can have sex with each other. But if I break the animation then the issue returns and NPCs that turn into nodes don't get approached by any other NPC.

It seems that the condition I set are being ignored just after loading a game, but after that NPCs can become nodes but no NPC approaches those nodes, very confused :') Another log added in case it helps. As for the random jump to -188 I have no idea really, I'll try to dig around.

Ah yes - upon loading race conditions do apply. The system is designed to check all in-range available nodes upon triggering the arousal behavior. This is using the assumption that NPCs don'T all trigger at the same time. When you load the world in, however, multiple NPCs might trigger at the exact same moment, check the exact same node (which right then and there is empty, so qualifies) and then move there. While a node has been chosen, no further compatibility checks are done for performance reasons. Only thing that can stop an NPC from going to that node then is a timeout in reaching it, getting stuck, or the node they wanna go to becoming full or destroyed.

16 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Ah yes - upon loading race conditions do apply. The system is designed to check all in-range available nodes upon triggering the arousal behavior. This is using the assumption that NPCs don'T all trigger at the same time. When you load the world in, however, multiple NPCs might trigger at the exact same moment, check the exact same node (which right then and there is empty, so qualifies) and then move there. While a node has been chosen, no further compatibility checks are done for performance reasons. Only thing that can stop an NPC from going to that node then is a timeout in reaching it, getting stuck, or the node they wanna go to becoming full or destroyed.

Ahhh thats not a big deal honestly I can just break the animations not really much issue there.

And I think I managed to make it work!!!! I adjusted the code, its really scuffed but it seems to work! 3 npc animations still also work and it seems that a male NPC won't join unless theres a female in the mix which is exactly what I prefer anyway! Thanks so much for your help couldn't have made it work without it, you're an S-tier mod creator! I attached the code I used to make it work. I'll do some more testing later on and report if it continues to work as expected.

Spoiler

EDITS TO SEXBOUND.LUA

###EDITS AT LINE 1234####

multiplier = multiplier.multiplier or {
        incest=-1,
        twoactor=1,
        gender=100,
        compatible=1
    }

###EDITS AT LINE 1273 ONWARD###

local bodyTraits = a._config.identity.body
        if args.bodyTraits then
            if (args.bodyTraits.hasPenis and bodyTraits.hasPenis) then genderBonus = 1
            else
                if (args.bodyTraits.hasPenis and bodyTraits.hasVagina) or (args.bodyTraits.hasVagina and bodyTraits.hasPenis) then genderBonus = 1 end
            end
        end

if genderBonus and (args.bodyTraits.hasPenis and bodyTraits.hasPenis) then compatibility = compatibility - 100
        else
            if genderBonus and (args.bodyTraits.hasPenis and bodyTraits.hasVagina) or (args.bodyTraits.hasVagina and bodyTraits.hasPenis) then compatibility = compatibility + multiplier.gender * 2 end
        end

###ALSO CHANGED GENDER TO 100 IN SEXBOUND CONFIG###

The two race mods I recently installed (Kemono and Everis) do not play any voices/sounds even though the mod has a moan.config.patch that points to valid sound files (human female). Is it because these patches were for the "old" SexboundAPI and not Reborn, or is it something simple I'm overlooking?

7 hours ago, ZipZop said:

The two race mods I recently installed (Kemono and Everis) do not play any voices/sounds even though the mod has a moan.config.patch that points to valid sound files (human female). Is it because these patches were for the "old" SexboundAPI and not Reborn, or is it something simple I'm overlooking?

If they have a patch literally to "moan.config", located in "/scripts/sexbound/plugins/moan/" then yes, it's because of old SxB. This is where the config for the plugin was located in an ancient old version of SxB, it has since moved to "/sxb_plugin.moan.config". However, old SxB did keep the old config files around as a sideloaded backup, which has since been removed in SBR 1.0. The file structure is exactly the same, so just changing the name of the patch file should fix the issue.

Edited by Erina Sugino
On 2/28/2024 at 9:21 AM, Erina Sugino said:

If they have a patch literally to "moan.config", located in "/scripts/sexbound/plugins/moan/" then yes, it's because of old SxB. This is where the config for the plugin was located in an ancient old version of SxB, it has since moved to "/sxb_plugin.moan.config". However, old SxB did keep the old config files around as a sideloaded backup, which has since been removed in SBR 1.0. The file structure is exactly the same, so just changing the name of the patch file should fix the issue.

hmm, still no joy with just renaming the moan.config.patch to sxb_plugin.moan.config, and also renaming it and moving the file to where the sexbound.config.patch is for either the Everis or the Kemono. I attached the file out of the Kemono patch, JSON checker says OK, and comparing it to the sxb_plugin.moan.config in the Lucario Support (I found that one works) it all appears the same. Am I overlooking something simple in my chronically-tired stupor?

Update:

I indeed was overlooking something simple, failed to notice I did not add .config before .patch after putting it in the right file location. Works now.

Edited by ZipZop
I'm a moron
20 minutes ago, ZipZop said:

hmm, still no joy with just renaming the moan.config.patch to sxb_plugin.moan.config, and also renaming it and moving the file to where the sexbound.config.patch is for either the Everis or the Kemono. I attached the file out of the Kemono patch, JSON checker says OK, and comparing it to the sxb_plugin.moan.config in the Lucario Support (I found that one works) it all appears the same. Am I overlooking something simple in my chronically-tired stupor?

Well yes, you would have to name the file "sxb_plugin.moan.config.patch" of course. It's still a patch. Otherwise it replaces the entire file, which makes it like the file doesn't exist at all.

3 hours ago, LewdFrost said:

Does this mean there is a error with sexbound or with one of the mods? I attempted to reinstall all of my mods, but didn't work 

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/statemachine.l..."]:104: attempt to call a nil value (method 'getContainsPlayer')

It means you have an incompatible mod installed that overrides Sexbound with an older code version.

In this case, you have the wrong version of "Teratophilia Scenes"

Hello, I've randomly started have problems with starbound - sexbound reborn is installed and while it was working last night it suddenly stopped working today, I haven't added anything since yesterday nor did I edit any of the files since yesterday either.
thanks in advance if someone has a solution

starbound.log

52 minutes ago, Vitruvian said:

Hello, I've randomly started have problems with starbound - sexbound reborn is installed and while it was working last night it suddenly stopped working today, I haven't added anything since yesterday nor did I edit any of the files since yesterday either.
thanks in advance if someone has a solution

starbound.log 79.33 kB · 0 downloads

Hi you have lustbound_base manager...that's not needed at all ... and a duplicate of get rid of that underwear...also you should just delete the no npc lustlings and download the update, it fixes issues regarding lustla and kawaii...

49 minutes ago, doctorpotato said:

Hi you have lustbound_base manager...that's not needed at all ... and a duplicate of get rid of that underwear...also you should just delete the no npc lustlings and download the update, it fixes issues regarding lustla and kawaii...

Thanks for the suggestions, i removed the mods (I think at least) but still got the same problem where it crashes before reaching the title

starbound.log

Ok this is what is killing your game on load

npcs/merchants/indoctormerchant.npctype

I don't know who that is or from but it's what shuts down your game .... I'm currently on my phone and be back at home to look deeper, I hope I can help you out.

Oh umm don't worry about all the recipe errors, ya that's my mod, its because you don't have a bunch of mods I added armor from to change over to lustling armor, they are harmless, only telling you those recipes won't work ... but it does not matter because you can't make them anyway without the original armor from the mod you don't have.

51 minutes ago, doctorpotato said:

Ok this is what is killing your game on load

npcs/merchants/indoctormerchant.npctype

I don't know who that is or from but it's what shuts down your game .... I'm currently on my phone and be back at home to look deeper, I hope I can help you out.

That's a good question
I don't either
Well I'll figure it out eventually, thanks for the help

35 minutes ago, Vitruvian said:

That's a good question
I don't either

<DELETE THESE> They are outdated or not needed anymore.

Lustbound_Base.pak'
SBR Lustbound patch 1.0'

Kawalii Cloathing Edit.pak

You have an old Sexbound Reborn ... get this one sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2-paked.zip

you have an old Sexbound Reborn bow patch .. get this one too SBR Aphrodites Bow patch 1.1_h1.zip

Ok so far that's the first glaring issues I can see, this mod thats killing your game adds an NPC called in doctor merchant i am not too sure yet what that is .. but ill poke around and see. (Edit) Steam will update any mod you installed with the new ver. So knowing that ... and that this just .. popped on for you, it sounds like someone made a mistake, this mistake to be exact { Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 8:4 } why the game is crashing is because when it tries to load the npctype it gets a json error.. the error is he/she/firetruck ether forgot to put a } or a , at some part in the npctype file code... then he/she/firetruck updated his mod on steam with the issue and boom ... dead game for all who have that mod.... it might be fixed depending on how devoted he/she/firetruck is to upkeep to their mod.

Just a pointer .. its very hard to tell what steam loaded due to the fact it calls all its mods the same bloody name ... not your fault .. just hard to poke through is all.

Edited by doctorpotato
new info
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Vitruvian said:

That's a good question
I don't either

Doing some snooping, seems it was the "Squids in Space!: A Splatoon Mod" mod and the issue was reported and is getting fixed.

EDIT: Actually the issue was reported and supposedly patched before you even posted here, so if Steam didn't update the mod for you just unsubscribe and resubscribe I guess.

Edited by Erina Sugino