Khajiit voices work for me as they did before the SL update to 1.38b ... so far.

So the slider for the volume does work for you then on 1.38b?

Yeah if it's solely me then I can't quite explain it, must be something on my end. Everything worked fine till I upgraded, I downgraded and it seems to work again, on SexLab 1.35

You have to re-install this mod because it overwrites the old voices. If you install the new Sexlab, then the over-written voices are overwritten in turn.

Sexlab comes with Voicefile A as standard. Vanilla Voice mod replaces Voicefile A with Voicefile B. Sexlab new version comes standard with Voicefile A2. And when it is installed, A2 takes the place of B. So Vanilla Voice mod has to be re-installed.

Use SLs MCM function to reset the voice register.

Yes, I wouldn't post for help if I hadn't at least tried reinstalling.

Specifically, only the file SSLVoiceDefaults.pex in the Scripts folder gets replaced by this mod. So either you delete the file from the unpacked SexLab framework before you move the files into your Skyrim/Data folder to update, or you replace the replaced replaced file again once they are there. Obviously, the first method is less work. ;)

The voices themselves seem relatively untouched, though, because they are numbered 09 to 21 (for females, for males they are 05 to 13), while the framework itself handles only the voices from 01 to 08 and 01 to 04, respectively.

So you really only need to watch out for that one script file. :)

Specifically, only the file SSLVoiceDefaults.pex in the Scripts folder gets replaced by this mod. So either you delete the file from the unpacked SexLab framework before you move the files into your Skyrim/Data folder to update, or you replace the replaced replaced file again once they are there. Obviously, the first method is less work. ;)

The voices themselves seem relatively untouched, though, because they are numbered 09 to 21 (for females, for males they are 05 to 13), while the framework itself handles only the voices from 01 to 08 and 01 to 04, respectively.

So you really only need to watch out for that one script file. :)

That one file was the problem, redownloaded, replaced and it works again. Many thanks!

Hi, just a question.

I'm always listening to the *.wav files to choose a fitting one for my character.

The folders are named by numbers, in the MCM menu there are names. So I can't be sure what would've been my choice.

Would you mind adding a txt or an info at the download page what number belongs to the MCM names?

(example MaleMoan98 = Heimskr, FemaleMoan99 = RiverwoodChicken.. *cough*)

Hi, just a question.

I'm always listening to the *.wav files to choose a fitting one for my character.

The folders are named by numbers, in the MCM menu there are names. So I can't be sure what would've been my choice.

Would you mind adding a txt or an info at the download page what number belongs to the MCM names?

Sure! I'll see about doing that soon for you guys, not tomorrow though...

Super bowl  :lol:

Hi, just a question.

If you look at the MCM page for voices, to get the folder name equivalents, you can also count the voices from left to right, next line again left to right &c. Start counting at 01, so the folder FemaleMoan01 corresponds to 'Classic', FemaleMoan02 is 'Breathy', FemaleMoan03 is the one shown directly under 'Classic' (Forgot the name, was it 'Young'? 'Stimulated'? Figure it out yourself ;)), and so on, up to FemaleMoan21, which is 'Serana'. Left to right, and everything matches up. Male voices, exact same procedure. :P

Hi, just a question.

If you look at the MCM page for voices, to get the folder name equivalents, you can also count the voices from left to right, next line again left to right &c. Start counting at 01, so the folder FemaleMoan01 corresponds to 'Classic', FemaleMoan02 is 'Breathy', FemaleMoan03 is the one shown directly under 'Classic' (Forgot the name, was it 'Young'? 'Stimulated'? Figure it out yourself ;)), and so on, up to FemaleMoan21, which is 'Serana'. Left to right, and everything matches up. Male voices, exact same procedure. :P

Thanks for helping out boss! I plan on also adding read me file with the information for ease with the next release.

Khajiit voices work for me as they did before the SL update to 1.38b ... so far.

Yeah if it's solely me then I can't quite explain it, must be something on my end. Everything worked fine till I upgraded, I downgraded and it seems to work again, on SexLab 1.35

The voice volume in SexLab 1.38 switched to using it's own audio category instead of using the vanilla AudioCategorySFX, so volume slider will no longer affect VanillaVoices added voice sets unless they switch to using the right category.

Also you should really change to actually USING the SexLab API for voices, as opposed to what you've been doing which is overriding it, making any updates I do the voice scripts broken by VanillaVoices.

The voice volume in SexLab 1.38 switched to using it's own audio category instead of using the vanilla AudioCategorySFX, so volume slider will no longer affect VanillaVoices added voice sets unless they switch to using the right category.

Also you should really change to actually USING the SexLab API for voices, as opposed to what you've been doing which is overriding it, making any updates I do the voice scripts broken by VanillaVoices.

Oh! So that's what was going on... 

Ok... I guess I have to switch to utilizing the SexLab API, it was confusing getting that setup awhile back... So I guess I have to try again...

I get confused pretty easily, not to mention I lack any experience in your field of expertise bear that in mind. :lol: 

Ok... I guess I have to switch to utilizing the SexLab API, it was confusing getting that setup awhile back... So I guess I have to try again...

I get confused pretty easily, not to mention I lack any experience in your field of expertise bear that in mind. :lol:

Here: SexLabVanillaVoices_Scripts.zip

I did the scripts, made the separate quest in the esp, and removed the edits to SexLab's voice quest. You'll still have to change the audio category on all the sound descriptors though to make it 1.38+ compatible (I didn't want to steal all the fun.) Also remember to remove the edited sslVoiceDefaults from the release version.

And fair warning, I didn't test any of these in game.

Here: attachicon.gifSexLabVanillaVoices_Scripts.zip

I did the scripts, made the separate quest in the esp, and removed the edits to SexLab's voice quest. You'll still have to change the audio category on all the sound descriptors though to make it 1.38+ compatible (I didn't want to steal all the fun.) Also remember to remove the edited sslVoiceDefaults from the release version.

And fair warning, I didn't test any of these in game.

Thanks Ashal! That helps quite bit, I'll get on that right now I appreciate it. :D

I was wondering... Any chance you'd make a tweak for Estrus? After getting your mod, getting my character to yell in japanese loli voice seems even weirder than before, lol.

There is a mod on the Nexus called "slimy estrus" or something.

It also adds vanilla nord voices to the animations, so it's not perfect but at least it's not some japanese stuff.

To everyone I'm probably going to have the next version up in couple days or bit more, I'm in the process of adding:

MaleCommonerAccented

MaleCoward

MaleDrunk

MaleEvenTonedAccented

MaleGuard

MaleNordCommander

MaleSoldier

This will take some time! It will also mean having almost all vanilla voices implemented into this mod. :)

Later on I plan on adding some more vanilla special characters too...

I use this for quite a long time and I've never had a problem, well until now. After some reading I can see and understand why ... so uninstalled, repaired and already can not wait.

Btw it's now hard for me to go back to the original SL sounds (force of habit) so hope that everything goes well and I look forward to new version.

Best regards and thanks :)

English isnt my native language and is bad, sorry.,, but I try my best.

I use this for quite a long time and I've never had a problem, well until now. After some reading I can see and understand why ... so uninstalled, repaired and already can not wait.

Btw it's now hard for me to go back to the original SL sounds (force of habit) so hope that everything goes well and I look forward to new version.

Best regards and thanks :)

English isnt my native language and is bad, sorry.,, but I try my best.

I'm now working on Vanilla Voices,  it's not easy getting this done quickly with a newborn child so please bear with my slowness.

Expect it to be done possibly by 20th Feb USA PST, I've been sleeping 4 hours night so I'm not feeling very good lol... I hold no promises, please don't take my word on my expected date... Just HOPE soon! :lol:

*Edit*

Ok folks I'm sorry to admit it might be longer than I anticipated before this is released. I've been really busy so I don't wish to give up peoples hopes but I'm using all the free time I have available in my life now to see this through.

It won't be done today my time, it will be done soon is all I can say.  Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you understand.

• 2 weeks later...

How is the volume fix bud?

It will work properly with Vanilla Voices 2.6.

Another update for you people.

Here's a list of the voices I'm adding for 2.6!

FemaleShrill

MaleCommoner

MaleCommonerAccented

MaleCoward

MaleDrunk

MaleEvenTonedAccented

MaleGuard

MaleNordCommander

MaleSlyCynical

MaleSoldier

In total that makes 24 voices to work with.

Almost all vanilla voices in-game!

It takes time to do this especially with having three variants of Euphoric,Rape,Vanilla.

I'm not making the elderly,child,Cicero voices EVER!

So don't expect those...

FemaleShrill

MaleCommoner

MaleCommonerAccented

MaleCoward

MaleDrunk

MaleEvenTonedAccented

MaleGuard

MaleNordCommander

MaleSlyCynical

MaleSoldier

It takes time to do this especially with having three variants of Euphoric,Rape,Vanilla.

So don't expect those...

Awesome sauce shame no cicero though ahaha Poor little cicero :( What about I pay you gleamy shiny coin!

FemaleShrill

MaleCommoner

MaleCommonerAccented

MaleCoward

MaleDrunk

MaleEvenTonedAccented

MaleGuard

MaleNordCommander

MaleSlyCynical

MaleSoldier

So don't expect those...

Awesome sauce shame no cicero though ahaha Poor little cicero :( What about I pay you gleamy shiny coin!

*Sigh*  You know what I might do Cicero last, only if other people want him though! It's hard standing his voice in-game, I can only imagine how hard it will be editing it...

FemaleShrill

MaleCommoner

MaleCommonerAccented

MaleCoward

MaleDrunk

MaleEvenTonedAccented

MaleGuard

MaleNordCommander

MaleSlyCynical

MaleSoldier

So don't expect those...

*Sigh*  You know what I might do Cicero last, only if other people want him though! It's hard standing his voice in-game, I can only imagine how hard it will be editing it...

Haha It was more a jest than anything 'jest' get it? 

Anywho seriously there is no love lost on not doing his voice I'm really impressed at the level of stuff you did thus far.