ETA on the next release? This is one of my favorite addons. Bummed it doesn't work with the current version of sexlab ;_;

I've spent my day off from 9:00AM to 10:50PM all day on this mod so within the week.

Doesn't it work? Please remember you have to re-install this mod each time you update sexlab because that overwrites these voices.

It works somewhat but Ashal mentioned it conflicts with the framework, I don't recommend using 2.5... Besides, for any custom npc characters you have your going to have to reset the voices for the next release manually, vanilla characters will be reset thanks to Ashal for helping me with out with a reset script.

If you never used my mod before wait till the next release! Don't feel tempted to download 2.5!

I've uploaded a beta version just for testing to see if any of you have any problems.

I haven't had much time this week except one day to really get things done so I hope everything works really well.

I wondered why you didn't mark it as beta.  Then I realized that's probably what the "b" stands for in "2.6b."  Then I smiled and looked pretty.

I'm so happy this is coming out again.  It's probably my favorite SL plugin.

Don't suppose there is a way to correctly assign NPCs to the right voice automatically?

No sorry way too much work and I'm no scripter. All it takes is one click of the specific voice for the right NPC. The framework then remembers it forever on that save file. If you click the voice types on the OP you'll see which NPC has the right specific voice type, I just know automatically by hearing them.

It might seem annoying but it's actually quite good if you prefer switching up voices on your characters. Just don't enable reuse voices! Or you'll save the voices permanently and have to use target.addtofaction SexLabSavedVoices -1 to reset the character to use no voice till selected again.

Don't suppose there is a way to correctly assign NPCs to the right voice automatically?

No sorry way too much work and I'm no scripter. All it takes is one click of the specific voice for the right NPC. The framework then remembers it forever on that save file. If you click the voice types on the OP you'll see which NPC has the right specific voice type, I just know automatically by hearing them.

It might seem annoying but it's actually quite good if you prefer switching up voices on your characters. Just don't enable reuse voices! Or you'll save the voices permanently and have to use target.addtofaction SexLabSavedVoices -1 to reset the character to use no voice till selected again.

It would be a sweet add on if someone can make a spell to apply a voice set to an npc.

It would be a sweet add on if someone can make a spell to apply a voice set to an npc.

I absolutely would love that, especially when you taking on a powerful bandit charging at you with a certain voice type.  It would require creating the spell in the creation kit then some scripting. If only I had time to learn some programming and some creation kit scripting techniques and fully comprehend how the framework truly functions. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I am in need of some help. I recently update sexlab to 39b and updated SL vanilla voices also. I started a new game and it played great for a while until suddenly I got a CTD. I took a look at my papyrus log to see what might be causing the issue and it is spammed with this:

(5A002E3E)].sslVanillaVoiceNPC.OnInit() - "sslVanillaVoiceNPC.psc" Line 14
[03/12/2014 - 09:06:01AM] ERROR: Cannot call ForgetVoice() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[sexLabVanillaVoicesQuest

I was not having this issue with the previous version of Sexlab Vanilla voices. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Hello all. I am in need of some help. I recently update sexlab to 39b and updated SL vanilla voices also. I started a new game and it played great for a while until suddenly I got a CTD. I took a look at my papyrus log to see what might be causing the issue and it is spammed with this:

[03/12/2014 - 09:06:01AM] ERROR: Cannot call ForgetVoice() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:

I was not having this issue with the previous version of Sexlab Vanilla voices. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Oh damn I forgot to remove that script! That script isn't even needed since the voices align properly now. It was to forget the voices for all the vanilla npc characters. Somehow that script isn't initiating line 14 which is the starting character base ID of Acolyte Jenssen.

I guess I fucked up somehow on the script, I haven't had much time to check to see if it was working. Ashal made that script, so I'll ask him what I did wrong when filling in the base ID. For now I'll remove the script since it isn't necessary. 

Thanks for reporting an issue!

*Edit*

If anyone else has any issues please be sure to report them! I don't like CTD related issues either, so please don't stay mum.

stack:

Thank you!

Oh damn I forgot to remove that script! That script isn't even needed since the voices align properly now. It was to forget the voices for all the vanilla npc characters. Somehow that script isn't initiating line 14 which is the starting character base ID of Acolyte Jenssen.

I guess I fucked up somehow on the script, I haven't had much time to check to see if it was working. Ashal made that script, so I'll ask him what I did wrong when filling in the base ID. For now I'll remove the script since it isn't necessary. 

Thanks for reporting an issue!

*Edit*

If anyone else has any issues please be sure to report them! I don't like CTD related issues either, so please don't stay mum.

Thanks! i'll keep you informed if I find any other bugs that need squashing. Do I need to start a new game or am I safe to just install the updated SLVV and continue on?

Thanks! i'll keep you informed if I find any other bugs that need squashing. Do I need to start a new game or am I safe to just install the updated SLVV and continue on?

Yeah it's basically one script that was causing issues so you should be alright now. Preferably start a new saved game if you just started in-game recently, all modded game saves have memory of previous scripts that aren't there afterword so if your save game is new best to start fresh.

Me however I'm playing my old first Skyrim player character, I have a hell of lot of issues but deal with them somehow.  :lol:

Yeah it's basically one script that was causing issues so you should be alright now. Preferably start a new saved game if you just started in-game recently, all modded game saves have memory of previous scripts that aren't there afterword so if your save game is new best to start fresh.

Me however I'm playing my old first Skyrim player character, I have a hell of lot of issues but deal with them somehow.  :lol:

I would def deal if the game would remain playable but usually it just grinds itself into a CTD nightmare! All seems to be working fine so far and I was able to travel to Markarth and complete the entire king in rags quest line there so we will see how the game holds up.

Thanks for this amazing mod!

Edit: I couldn't leave Markarth. Every time I try to I get maybe 5 feet from the entrance and my game crashes... I really wish I could figure this game out... I started over after removing a few mods and started the game over to test and now i'm unable to get through Helgen without the game crashing... ugh... so ready to give up but so stubborn...

i cannot get this mod to work after sexlab 1.39 update. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I really like this mod. Any Suggestions

Did you read the bit where there was a bug causing crashes with this mod? make sure you have 1.39b installed and it is working then install this mod. You should start a new game and in the MCM menu for SL check to make sure the other voice sets are showing up. This is just a suggestion but you haven't really given us anything to work with. Are you experiencing CTD? Whats not working exactly?

Does this by chance conflict with the Miscellaneous Features Fix http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25585-sexlab-miscellaneous-features/

I installed that today and now, on a new character, clicking reset voice registry will remove all the added voices from the SFX area. It doesn't show up in tesedit as conflicting, but this is really strange. Or am I not giving it enough time after exiting the menu for it to reset? Thoughts?

Does this by chance conflict with the Miscellaneous Features Fix http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25585-sexlab-miscellaneous-features/

I installed that today and now, on a new character, clicking reset voice registry will remove all the added voices from the SFX area. It doesn't show up in tesedit as conflicting, but this is really strange. Or am I not giving it enough time after exiting the menu for it to reset? Thoughts?

This mod shouldn't conflict with almost anything now, except mods that could mess with the voices. Dig deeper with what could be the underlying problem, I had issues with my save game before and it required me cleaning the framework and using the cleaning method on the OP.

I do notice that the mod alters the gender, so it could be that being the issue as the voice aligns with what sex the voice is playing from.

But I'm speculating, I've never installed that mod nor am I qualified to say that it could be an issue.

Good luck!

Seeing this in my papyrus log... not sure what its about but thought i'd mention it.

Cannot open store for class "sslVanillaVoiceNPC", missing file?
[03/15/2014 - 12:13:53PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script sslVanillaVoiceNPC to SexLabVanillaVoicesQuest (57002E3E) because their base types do not match
[03/15/2014 - 12:13:53PM]

Any idea what this could mean and why i'm seeing this?

This mod shouldn't conflict with almost anything now, except mods that could mess with the voices. Dig deeper with what could be the underlying problem, I had issues with my save game before and it required me cleaning the framework and using the cleaning method on the OP.

I do notice that the mod alters the gender, so it could be that being the issue as the voice aligns with what sex the voice is playing from.

But I'm speculating, I've never installed that mod nor am I qualified to say that it could be an issue.

Good luck!

Things seem to be okay. The options will disappear when I select reset voices, but when I load a subsequent save they come back, and everything's dandy.

Sorry if I missed this up thread, but how exactly do I change the voice of an NPC after Vanilla Voices has already assigned them one?

I've tried de-selecting all of the voices I want to have available and then initiating sex with the NPC, but they seem to be stuck with the first voice this mod gave them.

Seeing this in my papyrus log... not sure what its about but thought i'd mention it.

[03/15/2014 - 12:13:53PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script sslVanillaVoiceNPC to SexLabVanillaVoicesQuest (57002E3E) because their base types do not match

That's just showing the script is missing in the save file, I did a quick removal of the script without removing the information from the quest in the CK. I didn't have much time this week to edit all the .esp files for that, but it shouldn't cause any problems. The log is merely reporting the issue.

Sorry if I missed this up thread, but how exactly do I change the voice of an NPC after Vanilla Voices has already assigned them one?

I've tried de-selecting all of the voices I want to have available and then initiating sex with the NPC, but they seem to be stuck with the first voice this mod gave them.

addtofaction SexLabSavedVoices -1 when you've selected an NPC in the console.

You can thank Waxenfigure for correcting me on that, I usually load a previous save but that should work in the console hopefully.

*Edit*

Hmm, I just finally after so long tried to use this console code and it doesn't work, I'll try and figure it out. For now if your desperate try loading an older save. I just have to figure out what command is required to get this to work properly.

That's just showing the script is missing in the save file, I did a quick removal of the script without removing the information from the quest in the CK. I didn't have much time this week to edit all the .esp files for that, but it shouldn't cause any problems. The log is merely reporting the issue.

You can thank Waxenfigure for correcting me on that, I usually load a previous save but that should work in the console hopefully.

*Edit*

Hmm, I just finally after so long tried to use this console code and it doesn't work, I'll try and figure it out. For now if your desperate try loading an older save. I just have to figure out what command is required to get this to work properly.

@sunspotz

Hey thank you so much for this mod that you have made. From the bottom of my heart thanks. Much appreciation for taking the time to make and share this with us! Much love!

*Edit*

SexLabSavedVoices is a faction. If you type Help Sexlab and find the Faction for the saved voices there will be a number there you need. Than select the npc open console and type addtofaction # -1 and the will reset.

SexLabSavedVoices is a faction. If you type Help Sexlab and find the Faction for the saved voices there will be a number there you need. Than select the npc open console and type addtofaction # -1 and the will reset.

Thank you!

I really appreciate it boss! I'll go test that method out soon, if everything works I'll add your comment to the OP for the others. 

Great that everybody helps each other out on this site, this is why I love LoversLab!