[Old Topic] Regula Magistri 2

48 minutes ago, idkwhattoputy said:

I wonder what will happen if I put equal rights ? will it fuck up the mod?

Nah, it wont. I changed the religion to equal too, doesn't make much sense for it to be female only, though your female vassals get so much boost to stats from traits that your council will eventually be filled with them anyway. I suppose it just makes the transition period a bit smoother. 

I'm assuming you meant that and not succession, because I think the mod just changes back your succession type if its changes for both you and your vassals, not 100% sure but I think I came across some code like that.

Edited by Kingskunk
22 hours ago, Kingskunk said:

Nah, it wont. I changed the religion to equal too, doesn't make much sense for it to be female only, though your female vassals get so much boost to stats from traits that your council will eventually be filled with them anyway. I suppose it just makes the transition period a bit smoother. 

I'm assuming you meant that and not succession, because I think the mod just changes back your succession type if its changes for both you and your vassals, not 100% sure but I think I came across some code like that.

Yea I meant the equal rights in game rules, I would assume it will make the whole game easier but worried it would cause weird things with the mod

Possible Bug?

It seems like there isn't a way to replace your Domina if you accidentally get rid of her (I think I clicked the Retire Palex button) while you have a bunch of Palex spouses. Even if you marry someone new who isn't a current Palex, they don't turn into a Domina but another Palex so you have only Palex spouses and no Domina as your primary spouse. This then breaks the Domina offering events at least and maybe some others.

Did not test divorcing all your existing Palex so you count as fully unmarried, and then starting over. I suspect that might have fixed it but I was close to starting a new save anyway for other reasons.

Content wise this is a lot of fun and seems to work pretty well! Due to another mod increasing lifespans, I didn't get to try the stuff around what happens when you die, which is another reason why I'm starting a new save with default lifespans to try that out as I realized that the story path is partly built around that.

Suggestions - 1) the Britannia based starts are definitely easier than the other locations due having all 5 sites in the empire borders. 2) Would look forward to move events, and as some other poster mentioned perhaps some more mid/later game goals like some sort of Grand Ritual when you have all 5 holy sites or more things to do when you get to the Emperor level of the game besides just absorbing all the other local empires (bit of a base CK3 problem I know).

6 hours ago, Grimm Jim said:

Possible Bug?

It seems like there isn't a way to replace your Domina if you accidentally get rid of her (I think I clicked the Retire Palex button) while you have a bunch of Palex spouses. Even if you marry someone new who isn't a current Palex, they don't turn into a Domina but another Palex so you have only Palex spouses and no Domina as your primary spouse. This then breaks the Domina offering events at least and maybe some others.

Did not test divorcing all your existing Palex so you count as fully unmarried, and then starting over. I suspect that might have fixed it but I was close to starting a new save anyway for other reasons.

Content wise this is a lot of fun and seems to work pretty well! Due to another mod increasing lifespans, I didn't get to try the stuff around what happens when you die, which is another reason why I'm starting a new save with default lifespans to try that out as I realized that the story path is partly built around that.

Suggestions - 1) the Britannia based starts are definitely easier than the other locations due having all 5 sites in the empire borders. 2) Would look forward to move events, and as some other poster mentioned perhaps some more mid/later game goals like some sort of Grand Ritual when you have all 5 holy sites or more things to do when you get to the Emperor level of the game besides just absorbing all the other local empires (bit of a base CK3 problem I know).

I'm not sure how it would even get broken by the Retire Palex interaction, it's a pretty simple code, it just checks if your main spouse has the paelex trait, if she has, removes it and adds in the domina trait. It also removes the domina trait from any of your wives if she isn't your main spouse.

Spoiler
	trigger = {
		has_trait = magister_trait_group 
		any_consort = {
			OR = {
				has_trait = paelex
				has_trait = domina
			}
		}
	}

immediate = {
		every_consort = {
			if = {
				limit = {
					has_trait = domina
					NOT = { this = primary_spouse.primary_spouse }
				}
				remove_trait = domina
				add_trait = paelex
			}
			if= {
				limit = {
					has_trait = paelex
					this = primary_spouse.primary_spouse
				}
				remove_trait = paelex
				add_trait = domina
			}
		}
	}
}

It's among the last things in the mod I'd expect to no longer work after an update and we'd probably all notice many other issues before we noticed that the domina trait was not being applied to primary paelex spouses. 

EDIT: Just checked it to be safe, Domina traits are being applied as normal as expected, even when the retire paelex interaction is used. 

Edited by Kingskunk

Huh. I must have broke it somehow with one of my other mods then, which is strange b/c I have this one at the bottom of the list (I thought that meant it should overwrite everything else).

Wasn't 100% sure it was Retire Palex that I did, but if it's not a bug (cause my fault) then apology for the false report. I haven't had the problem on my new save so far (but I haven't gotten as far either). Eager to see what happens when my first Magestri character dies and goes to succession but that's likely another 30 years away which is plenty enough time to become Emperor of Britannia. 

On 3/25/2023 at 7:42 PM, idkwhattoputy said:

I wonder what will happen if I put equal rights ? will it fuck up the mod?

On 3/28/2023 at 1:53 PM, Phraxius said:

Personally, I wonder what would happen if you ditched Temporal Head and Lay Clergy.

I reckon that's more likely to break something than the Equal rights mentioned above.

I'm pretty sure equal rights (via religion) should work fine, succession laws will still run so you will end up with female vassals eventually just due to their daughters taking the titles as people grow old.
I'm not sure how changing temporal head would work, It makes sense in this mod to keep it as is because the player should be the head of faith (as well as the head of the land etc).
There is maybe an argument for making the Domina the head of faith? But to me it still doesn't fit what I think the mod should be doing.
Theocratic clergy is dependent on not having a temporal head, so you cant change one without the other.

On 3/28/2023 at 5:38 PM, Grimm Jim said:

Possible Bug?

Unforunately I wasn't able to replicate this, as was mentioned in the thread its been made a lot more robust over time, Are you able to "make primary spouse" on one of your (non-Domina) wives? That should fix things, assuming they aren't automatically fixed during the quarterly checks that happen to make sure the Domina is your primary wife.

Eventually I plan on having a new set of holy sites, what I want is the following:

- 4 continents: Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Africa and Asia

- Each continent has 3-4 holy site options that place all of the Regula holy sites in a single Empire title (eg how the Britannia one is right now)
 - There should also be a "Hard" mode holy site option, which are the current main options, I want to make them a bit more powerful as they would take much longer to get all the sites.

2 hours ago, yancralowe said:

@ban10 don't you think the "Magistrian Submission" cultural tradition should be added by a decision, similarly to other one?
I would've made this decision myself, but I barely know English and can't write a fancy description for it.

Ideally, I think freeing the keeper of souls should just add the tradition to your current culture (assuming you are the head of your culture).
Otherwise, I could write an event for it instead, because it would allow me to check the following:
 - The player is the head of his culture

- The players culture is not currently setting a new tradition

- There is space for a new tradition in the culture

Something to add to the TODO

Theres quite a few changes backed up in master, but I'm currently working on a set of raiding events, I want to finish these before the next set of testing + release

3 hours ago, ban10 said:

I'm pretty sure equal rights (via religion) should work fine, succession laws will still run so you will end up with female vassals eventually just due to their daughters taking the titles as people grow old.
I'm not sure how changing temporal head would work, It makes sense in this mod to keep it as is because the player should be the head of faith (as well as the head of the land etc).
There is maybe an argument for making the Domina the head of faith? But to me it still doesn't fit what I think the mod should be doing.
Theocratic clergy is dependent on not having a temporal head, so you cant change one without the other.

Unforunately I wasn't able to replicate this, as was mentioned in the thread its been made a lot more robust over time, Are you able to "make primary spouse" on one of your (non-Domina) wives? That should fix things, assuming they aren't automatically fixed during the quarterly checks that happen to make sure the Domina is your primary wife.

Eventually I plan on having a new set of holy sites, what I want is the following:

- 4 continents: Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Africa and Asia

- Each continent has 3-4 holy site options that place all of the Regula holy sites in a single Empire title (eg how the Britannia one is right now)
 - There should also be a "Hard" mode holy site option, which are the current main options, I want to make them a bit more powerful as they would take much longer to get all the sites.

Ideally, I think freeing the keeper of souls should just add the tradition to your current culture (assuming you are the head of your culture).
Otherwise, I could write an event for it instead, because it would allow me to check the following:
 - The player is the head of his culture

- The players culture is not currently setting a new tradition

- There is space for a new tradition in the culture

Something to add to the TODO

Theres quite a few changes backed up in master, but I'm currently working on a set of raiding events, I want to finish these before the next set of testing + release

Are you saying that instead of religion it will change tradition? If so I think it would be a cool and open up more ways to play.

I had an issue with my primary wife not becoming a domina.  I had the first ruler abdicate after setting an heir through election. The new heir took a few wives and the book. Made them Paelex but the primary wife was not a domina. Chose a new wife as primary, she also did not become a domina. Just let it run over time and it resolved itself - the check to create the domina was just delayed.

However, the old Domina and Paelex did not become Orba at any point. And I am not getting sacred childbirth piety (over 100 children now).

I haven't done any kind of bug fixing besides taking note of it at this point.

edit: And one thing I considered changing was have orgy remove malnourished. I dont know why, but the world seems to be suffering from an epidemic of malnourished women.

Edited by Randah
18 hours ago, Witherlord said:

How do I get a spellbound person to force a spouse to abdicate

Spellbound is something slightly different, from before you free the Keeper of Souls, but assuming you mean someone you used Fascinare on or similar, open their context menu and find Abice Maritus. Requires a lot of Piety on your end.

Edited by MasterQuinn
On 4/6/2023 at 9:47 PM, Witherlord said:

How do I get a spellbound person to force a spouse to abdicate

Basically what MasterQuinn said, the women you want to target should be your Mulsa first (aka you charmed them via Fascinare first)

13 hours ago, Spazz05 said:

@ban10 this is a question

How hard would it be to put in a Game Rule that allow this to be used by Female Characters ?

Do you mean having the Magister be female with a Male harem?
I think it would be possible from a technical perspective, just would require making sure that all gender checks use a scripted trigger that refers to a game rule
From a gameplay perspective though, I don't think it would really work, solely because men cannot create babies.

Think about it, a man with four women can have 4 children, one with each partner. Your kids can then inherit their mothers titles and so on.
But a women with four men can only have one child, (and there is no way of knowing who the father is), I guess the fathers titles would pass on to new men instead?

I guess it would be a playstyle around a small dynasty, could be interesting
Atm though its a low priority feature. The main thing I want to do next is rework orgy activity with the new system coming out on 11th May with the CK3 update / expansion.

Edited by ban10

@ban10 ah woops

Actually, i meant so females could get and use the Regula powers to make a female only harem and empire, with say the breathe life into womb power being how u procreate and get an Heir.

like the Edit that @trolllol49 made for 0.92 back in May 2022

Edited by Spazz05
adding more info

@ban10 I've added a draft implementation of "character memory" support:

https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/merge_requests/11

Initially I wanted this to get more feedback from virus events and AI scheme event but it seems that virus event chain has some issues on it's own. For example, it seems `contract_regula_virus_effect` can be applied to "zero patient" sometimes. However I have not figured out how that can happen.

It would be nice if someone could describe how exactly the event is supposed to work. So far it's a bit hard to tell why regula_virus_outcome_invalid is different from regula_virus_outcome.

Do you guys have any crash when run the following load: 

- Carnalitas 
- CBO
- CBO Carnal Court
- Regula Magistri 2

After updated to the newest version, I experienced crash when create the regula magistri holy order decision, and also when hear partition in the royal court. (Mostly the crashes occur when I received too many notifications like sending girl to their mother court ) 

Edited by csgamer48
I misclick when break the line
12 hours ago, CashinCheckin said:

This was something that was suggested by someone in the past but I think it got lost. It would be interesting to have the Regula Magistri book be an actual artifact that you possess and could display in the court.

Idk, I think it's better without a physical item, too much things that can go wrong if you need an item to access parts of the mod.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:33 AM, CashinCheckin said:

This was something that was suggested by someone in the past but I think it got lost. It would be interesting to have the Regula Magistri book be an actual artifact that you possess and could display in the court.

Not directly related but there is a small "proof of concept" mod that adds you ability to create magic necklaces and give them away to charm girls.

On 4/7/2023 at 6:51 PM, Spazz05 said:

@ban10 ah woops

Actually, i meant so females could get and use the Regula powers to make a female only harem and empire, with say the breathe life into womb power being how u procreate and get an Heir.

like the Edit that @trolllol49 made for 0.92 back in May 2022

Unfortunately CK3 is oddly hardcoded to not let women impregnate women. Weird considering how easy it was in CK2, but futanari still don't actually work.

11 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Unfortunately CK3 is oddly hardcoded to not let women impregnate women. Weird considering how easy it was in CK2, but futanari still don't actually work.

TL:DR  CK3 genetics are a lot more complicated so while it may be possible in the future it is a lot more complex of a challenge than it was in CK2

Its due to genetics. CK2 characters base designs (so things like nose, and hair colour but not hair style or if they are blind) are based of 'DNA' like CK3 is but the DNA in CK2 is a 11 character string with 2 placeholder characters that had no use so 9 things to a characters DNA, in CK3 copying a character DNA into word gives you a 5 page document of about 7-8 thousand characters with 101  attributes and each one has many more options than in CK2 so creating a child character from 2 is a lot more complicated espically if it is not done using the base game system that creates a character based on the DNA of the real father and the mother. Some mods are using a workaround (Hm Invasion and Sappho's daughter 2) to have a lesbian child by 'cloning' the mother but a proper child between anyone but the coded real father and the mother is currently impossible.

Question about a gameplay situation:

1. My mulsa (and wife) is in domain of another Liege
  2. That Liege forcibly converted her to own religion
  3. Is there an existing mechanism to convert her back to Regula Magisri?

I understand that I can capture her titles, make her my vassal and demand conversion. Just wondering if there is any different option.