[Old Topic] Regula Magistri 2

1 hour ago, Mederic said:

My request for the access to the gitgud repository was denied, so I'm posting my french translation update here.

What's the point of having a repository if people can't contribute...

french.zip 74.65 kB · 2 downloads

Hi Mederic, I'll get this added ASAP
Please see my PM (on loverslab) to your request

I dont plan on adding anyone as a developer to the repo itself, as this would gave people push access and other permissions for the master repo
The preferred method of contribution is to fork the repo, make a branch, add your changes and then make a Pull request so that I can review them and add them to master

Also, for those wondering, I'm working on a community update right now, with all the changes people have done over the past couple of months
Hopefully will be done soon!

18 hours ago, MistralOnyx said:

I believe the Corrupt Holy Order decision is presently broken, perhaps in the is_shown block. I have a lease that meets the conditions (and I can in fact revoke the lease through the normal way) but this option is missing in major decisions.

I'll look into this

Also, just to let everyone know,
As part of this update, I'll be changing the versioning scheme to a more standard Major.Minor.Patch, starting with 2.0.0

Unfortunately, my saves bricked between now and last month without having made any changes to Regula or my mod list
The most likely culprit was a mod on the steam forums updating, which somehow broke my latest save
This means that I cant guarantee backwards compatibility with this update, and testing will take a little longer then usual

EDIT: Good news! Turns out I didn't break my save, it was just something strange going on with the softlinks I use for developing the mod.

Current changelog for 2.0.0 is in the opening post

Edited by ban10

hehe, truth be told I'm currently holding off from tagging the release (on git) and releasing a new zip here because I'm currently running a playthrough to test all the new bits and pieces. Got a whole checklist and everything.
Happy for people to test along with me, but please consider this an "unofficial" release until I tag a git commit as 2.0.0 (You can keep it up)

I always do a bit of QA before releasing a new update to make sure I haven't broken anything (regression and new feature tests), I have my pride as a developer on the line! ?

Edited by ban10
add link to testing checklist on gitgud
2 hours ago, ban10 said:

hehe, truth be told I'm currently holding off from tagging the release (on git) and releasing a new zip here because I'm currently running a playthrough to test all the new bits and pieces. Got a whole checklist and everything.
Happy for people to test along with me, but please consider this an "unofficial" release until I tag a git commit as 2.0.0 (You can keep it up)

I always do a bit of QA before releasing a new update to make sure I haven't broken anything (regression and new feature tests), I have my pride as a developer on the line! ?

Allow me to add one then! Checking the retire Paelex event, they have to be a landed vassal of you. If they are unlanded or the vassal of another paelex/domina you may not retire them. If they are vassalized to someone else the retire option is faded, if they are unlanded the option is missing.

And I want to verify it, but I had a ward event that did not extend. It was from a mulsa so may or may not have worked, didnt take note of that until I noticed the subsequent event did not fire. This happened on my mod and required me to load the game then edit and save the event file before my mod would fire ward events. The edit I would use is comment out days = line, save, remove the comment, save. Did not figure why that was the case and didn't debug further incase it was an over ride issue. Since its in the main mod and the initial event is firing it must be an issue in the extension.

I assume the problem lies in the short number of days for it to fire the next event? Maybe?

And the very next ward event fired the extension correctly without me doing anything, so I wonder if the first one I mentioned before just didn't succeed at the fascinare.

Separately I poked at imprisoning people and opinion modifiers. I have a large family and prison gives a way to tamp down on schemes, murders, and provides the visit prisoner interaction. I wanted to add a conditional check that would limit the negative modifier if you had a valid reason for imprisonment/punishment. Perhaps create a different modifier that was smaller/shorter to reflect a changing attitude with a cool head or find a way to limit it to a SINGLE modifier instead of a stacking one.

00_prison_interactions.txt contains calls for moved_to_dungeon and moved_to_house_arrest, but not the imprisoned_family_member or imprisoned_family_member_dungeon modifiers (found in 00_opinion_modifiers.txt). I was able to create a limit for the move prisoner interaction, but if I cant find the initial imprison interaction Im SOL.

You'd think it would be prison or character interactions, but no. Also not prison events, dungeon or house arrest events, prison notifications, character events, prison opinions.... etc etc.

1 hour ago, Randah said:

Perhaps create a different modifier that was smaller/shorter to reflect a changing attitude with a cool head or find a way to limit it to a SINGLE modifier instead of a stacking one.

I'm new to modding ck3, so correct me if I'm wrong, but why wouldn't just adding stacking = no to the modifier not work? Seems like it's not so much the negative opinion but that it stacks. 

Have you tried the 00_prison_effects.txt I mentioned earlier? That file should contain the effect that adds all the negative modifiers to family members. 

Edited by Kingskunk

Hi all,

New update time!
The new Zip file will be included in the OP

# 2.0.0
By Ban10
Includes community changes from a host of people!
Thanks to the following:
    - Mederic - French Translations
    - Waibibabo - Chinese Translations
    - Randah - Childhood education fix and "Domina Offers Paelax" event
    - Poly1 - HOF succession fix
    - Yancralowe - Loads of features and fixes, details below

## Fixes
    - Try to fix adultry for charmed characters, they should trigger the special Regula adultury interactions now, instead of getting lovers.

- Fix for Orba role not being correctly assigned to divorced spouses if they are unlanded by moving check to yearly pulse.

- Changes how Domina/Paelex are maintained, does it via Magisters side and fixes all Domina/Paelex traits by checking if they are the primary spouse.

- Also moves HOF succession fix for female HOFs (which now that I think about it shouldn't really ever happen to yearly pulse)
        - Thanks to https://gitgud.io/Poly1 on Gitgud for the above!

- Minor text fix for Abice Maritus cost

- Fix for adults being sent away to mother when childhood education option chosen, Normally this happens when the child reachs 3 years old, but choosing the option force updates all children, which caused the issue. Now an is_adult check is performed so only children are sent away, regardless of it occuring when they reach 3 years or the option is chosen/updated.
        - Thanks to Randah!
    - I ended up heavily rewriting the childhood education options, less redundent checks and much simplier overall. Also, added a interface message that lets you know when one of your kids has moved over to their mothers court.

- Corrupt Holy Order Decision - Basically rewrote the entire decision to be more robust, now allows you to select the holy order barony to corrupt, still work to be done to make sure its 100% working. As it is though it works perfectly 80-90% of the time. The last few edge cases look to be vanilla CK3 bugging out a bit.

## Changes
    - Slight changes to Regula Submission cultural tradition, slight increase to stress loss (and decrease to stress gain). Remove redundant marriage parameter and have negative multiplier to cultural acceptance gain.

- Add extension events when charming a ward. Note, does NOT happen if Ward charming events are turned off.
        -   Thanks to Randah!
    - I did make some edits to the event, also it only happens when the Guardian for the ward was the Magister, which I think makes the most sense for the event (its essentially a "bonus" for having your own personal ward).

- Holy orders (when created from the special event) now start with female order members, and use the "Inititate" templates, so are better overall
        - Thanks to yancralowe!
    - Also reworked the Holy Order creation process, Regula now has a special holy order creation process that gives the female order members, while the AI (non-Regula relgion characters) can use the Vanilla decision.

- Removed control penalty for mulsae usurping titles from their husbands. Checked and this works correctly, "usurping" titles has no control penalty.
        - Thanks to yancralowe!

- AI Culture Heads can now enact Regula traditions (Famuli Warriors and Regula Submission), once the Magister has enacted them in his primary culture
        - Thanks to yancralowe!

- Servitude War - You can now stop a Servitude war when it starts, when the AI tells you its about to start a war
        - Thanks to yancralowe!

- First Tenet choice - You get to have a choice when choosing your first tenet, instead of just getting Sacred Childbirth
        I plan to make this have a greater selection of choices in the future
        - Thanks to yancralowe!

## Features
    - French Translations update
        - Thanks to Mederic!

- Chinese Translations Update
        - Thanks to Waibibabo!

- Docere Cultura interaction
        - Changes the culture of a charmed female vassal to the Magisters culture. Also changes their domain and court members culture.
        - Cost is based of number of court characters and counties that will change culture. The event will take into account vassals under the person you change culture

- Retire Paelex interaction
        - A more graceful and dignifying way to remove a paelex from your harem for their heir. Turns them into an advisor with a special court position for their heir and makes them abdicate their domain.
        - Requires the Paelex/Domina to have a female heir and to be older then 45
        - Much nicer then divorcing them and turning them into an orba which causes them to die ;_;
        - Thanks to yancralowe!

- Added "Domina offers Paelax to Magister" Event. Is now part of possible yearly events.
        - Thanks to Randah!
    - Made some edits to the event including making them friends. Also a bonus choice if you are lustful/deviant/high level Magister

- Icons! - Just some nice icon switches for certain interactions, hopefully every interaction has its own icon one day.

I generally like having secret bastards and was wondering why the women always outed me as being the father and messing with my family planning. After some looking around I figured it was probably the no_unfaithfulness_penalty_added to the magistri religion as a whole. I guess this is to stop adultery events,(not sure if it does more) but its also is tied to pregnancy making every woman reveal your secret bastard.

What is the purpose of adding the no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active to the magistri doctrine tenet instead of just adding an exclusion for the religion in the adultery.events.txt? Would removing the effect from the doctrine tenet and only adding a religion exclusion serve the same purpose and avoid secret bastards being revealed?  I'm not sure if I would also need to change the the religion from no_bastarts.

AND = {
			NOT = { faith = { has_doctrine_parameter = no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active } }
			NOT = { faith = { religion = religion:regula_religion } }

Instead of that we have this;

NOR = {
			faith = { has_doctrine_parameter = no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active } }
			faith = { religion = religion:regula_religion } }
Edited by Kingskunk

I have installed the mod but I cannot enable it. I get this error: "The path of this descriptor file is invalid or it does not exist."

I have extracted the file and pasted "Regula_Magistri" and "Regula_Magistri.mod" in the "mods" folder. I don't know if it's an issue on my end.

On 3/19/2023 at 7:40 PM, Kingskunk said:

I generally like having secret bastards and was wondering why the women always outed me as being the father and messing with my family planning. After some looking around I figured it was probably the no_unfaithfulness_penalty_added to the magistri religion as a whole. I guess this is to stop adultery events,(not sure if it does more) but its also is tied to pregnancy making every woman reveal your secret bastard.

What is the purpose of adding the no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active to the magistri doctrine tenet instead of just adding an exclusion for the religion in the adultery.events.txt? Would removing the effect from the doctrine tenet and only adding a religion exclusion serve the same purpose and avoid secret bastards being revealed?  I'm not sure if I would also need to change the the religion from no_bastarts.

AND = {
			NOT = { faith = { has_doctrine_parameter = no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active } }
			NOT = { faith = { religion = religion:regula_religion } }

Instead of that we have this;

NOR = {
			faith = { has_doctrine_parameter = no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active } }
			faith = { religion = religion:regula_religion } }

Unfortunately, its a bit more complicated then that, I dont think changing it to a NOR would work for everyone
The goal is:
1. The Magister has no penatlies when being "unfaithful", He can sex whoever he wants with zero consequence

2. The Magsiters Harem (Paelex/Domina) run the special Regula Adultery events, which start from regula_adultery.0001
3. Any other Magister believers can do what they like, right now I lean towards being the same as the Magister, no penalties, though up for debate

Of course we need to do the above without effecting vanilla events,
Its just not quite logically setup right now, I need to sit down and just really understand what the correct logical conditions are to achieve the goals above.
I'll probably end up just having a check at the top for the person being from the Regula religion and then go straight to Regula Adultury events so I touch the Vanilla code as little as possible.

5 hours ago, dummytwo said:

I have installed the mod but I cannot enable it. I get this error: "The path of this descriptor file is invalid or it does not exist."

I have extracted the file and pasted "Regula_Magistri" and "Regula_Magistri.mod" in the "mods" folder. I don't know if it's an issue on my end.

In the file Regula_Magistri.mod, check that the "path" is correct (It should go to the folder "Regula_Magistri" in the mod folder)
For example, my one is

path="C:/Users/%UserName%/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod/Regula_Magistri"

(Where %UserName% is my Windows username)
Normally the paradox launcher changes it by itself but maybe it messed up

Guys I've got a problem, no matter what I do, when I get Regula religion it's always monogamous and I can only have one wife.

Tried to see if maybe some mod is conflicting, however even when I only leave carnalitas and regula ON, it is still the same. I love this mod for options it gives for interaction and politics (backstabbing) so I would love to know what is wrong.

Would someone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Randah said:

Did you set it in character creation? That would be incorrect and causes problems, it wont initialize.

I see, did it via "convert to religion" for piety, guess that was a dick move xD

Alright will try, thx for info mate!

On 3/21/2023 at 8:17 PM, Arcticcz said:

I see, did it via "convert to religion" for piety, guess that was a dick move xD

Alright will try, thx for info mate!

Yeah, the way to start the mod is through the decision that buys the book, called "Acquire the Regula Magistri"
From then you "Free the Keeper of Souls", then you are good to go

6 hours ago, idkwhattoputy said:

Is this compatible with any conversion mods?

I don't think so, mainly due to the holy sites, as they wont exist for any conversion mods.
I wonder if there is a way to have a default set of holy sites, maybe be picking an existing religion and just using them?
Not sure how I would tie the special effects into them though, something to think about.

47 minutes ago, idkwhattoputy said:

nvm I had to load regula before EPE

Didn't expect there to be any conflicts, I'd personally never load regula below anything it conflicts, who knows what could go wrong and something definitely will go wrong. If I'm unable to create a compatch for it I'd just choose between the two.