[Old Topic] Regula Magistri 2

There a problem with the ways that children and siblings work with the mod. Sometimes one or more dying, even if they are from seperate mothers, causes all of the other's stress to skyrocket causing more deaths. This becomes a real problem when you have more than 40+ children as they all begin falling like flies. This really messes with the succession as the older the character is the harder to get a son to inherit the succession. This problem only seems to affect large empires as charaters end up with 40+ children.

4 hours ago, beefforlife said:

There a problem with the ways that children and siblings work with the mod. Sometimes one or more dying, even if they are from seperate mothers, causes all of the other's stress to skyrocket causing more deaths. This becomes a real problem when you have more than 40+ children as they all begin falling like flies. This really messes with the succession as the older the character is the harder to get a son to inherit the succession. This problem only seems to affect large empires as charaters end up with 40+ children.

The simplest way to fix this is to get an anti-stress cascade mod. There's a few on the workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2852881755&searchtext=anti-stress This is the one I use.

Dont know if anyone else has this glitch but all hair styles etc in barbershop and character creator are showing as "character modifer ....... " @ban10

EDIT* 

It appears this is caused by the new clothing localisation added overwriting the vanilla localisation, this can be fixed by simply renaming the new localisation file in the mod

Edited by byehi
Expand upon bug report
On 4/23/2023 at 1:27 AM, ABlueOrb said:

In the previous save, I controlled all of the sites (British set) and I still couldn't. Everyone is under my control and everything. Maybe I missed something. Thanks tho.

Huh, thats very strange.
When you free the Keeper of Souls, your player character should have automatically become the Head of Faith (of the Magistarian faith).
You should then be able to reform the faith if you want, though I think the piety costs are quite steep at the moment.

On 4/23/2023 at 11:15 AM, MCfan said:

Is this compatible with the Rajas of Asia mod? And also any plans to mod holy sites into other mods? Like AGOT and the aforementioned mod, Rqajas of Asia?

Yep, going to work on this now, I'll see if I have the time to include some for Asia as well.

19 hours ago, beefforlife said:

Yeah, this is partly why the faith has many stress reducers such as the "Regula Submission" culture bonus, but unfournatly this is just something that happens in the base game.
As Gabe Lincoln already mentioned I use the same mod to reduce stress on death via "mourning" periods.

Honestly I think the whole stress on death system needs to be reformed. It should take into account many more factors such as your relationship, the number of members of your family, location etc etc.

Having your brother die in battle at a young age when he is your only brother is super stressful. Having an aunt/uncle/cousin die of old age after a fulfilling life who you probably have never even met (not in same part of the country) is not going to be earth shattering news.

I once had a test save where I had turned off the mourning mod and killed my player character in order to test Regula Blood line goals, I think I ended up killing like 50% of the entire Dynasty of about 200+ people by a single death and the ridiculous cascade of stress followed by deaths followed by stress followed by death followed by ...
It was pretty funny though ?, Black plague has nothing on sad thoughts

5 hours ago, byehi said:

Dont know if anyone else has this glitch but all hair styles etc in barbershop and character creator are showing as "character modifer ....... " @ban10

EDIT* 

It appears this is caused by the new clothing localisation added overwriting the vanilla localisation, this can be fixed by simply renaming the new localisation file in the mod

Whoops! My mistake, I forgot about that
I've fixed it in main but as mentioned if you have the issue rename the file Regula_Magistri\localization\english\portraits\portrait_modifiers_l_english.yml to something else
I've renamed it to regula_portrait_modifiers_l_english.yml.

Edited by ban10
On 4/23/2023 at 3:15 AM, MCfan said:

Is this compatible with the Rajas of Asia mod? And also any plans to mod holy sites into other mods? Like AGOT and the aforementioned mod, Rqajas of Asia?

I did try moding in holy sites for AGOT, and after taking the decision to free the keeper of souls I do get a crash, even with the new holy sites. Without AGOT activated, I can see that the new holy sites apply and I don't get a crash. I have very little moding experience so im not sure how to debug this crash but would be willing to help on a compatibility patch, if I can get past this crash.

Script location: file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 3186
[15:40:57][jomini_script_system.cpp:263]: Script system error!
  Error: Failed to fetch a valid faith 'regula_default'
  Script location: file: events/regula_initialize_event.txt line: 805
[15:40:57][jomini_script_system.cpp:263]: Script system error!
  Error: untyped trigger [ Scoped object of type 'faith' is not valid (Faith  [4294967295]) ]
  Script location: file:  line: 0

is what is in the error log.  

Edited by repeating_adder
On 4/19/2023 at 5:03 PM, ban10 said:

No problem!

I think that having your Domina have your title (eg you are both king + queen) then everyone else having their primary title as their prefix makes the most sense
Unfortunately, I actually can't find where/how that is set, It might be something hardcoded in CK3 (maybe inside the character window itself?) or set somehow via localisation, will have to have a deeper dig later at some point

There is a mod called Community Title Project that changes the names of titles. Might be worth looking into.

Thank you for building the mod!

I'm playing the mod Godherja: The Dying World and getting crash when choose the holy site like some other people under this  topic.

I think there can be a simple tutorial to let us know how to change the holy site. After all different players have different mods installed.

Hello, I recently picked up the mod and I'm still learning all the mechanics so I'm not sure if this is intended but it seems like it might be an odd quirk.

I used the Retire Paelex option and then after about 6 months to a year I had a notification that I lost an alliance as the person was no longer a ruler and discovered that the former Paelex was re-instated as the ruler due to a claimant faction succeeding against her heir. This resulted in having the notification that a vassal could be Fascinared but this wasn't the case as that couldn't be used against her and neither could Domitans or any of the other mod specific options. I could revoke her title using the normal Revoke Title command.

A similar event also triggered in that one of the Retired Paelex came back leading a Northwomen army which I only noticed as it flags them as king so I had the warning that I would lose land if she died and my vassal inherited. She also couldn't have any of the mod abilities used on her the normal way but after she took the territory she was targeting I waged a Domination War and that triggered the Domitans event like normal though afterwards she still didn't have the normal mod options and had the Retired Paelex trait.

I didn't think to take any screen shots at the time for the first one but I did have a save with the second before the army landed. The Ex-Paelex trait is right above the Magistrian symbol and I can provide more screen shots if you'd like of what happened after.

image.png.63dc22b8e3877b613c93913b5e312214.png

As far as I can tell, 2.1.1 broke the "Instiga Discordia" event. The interaction works fine, but when the scheme concludes and the event window opens, closing the event window will instantly crash the game. I've confirmed this behaviour on a fresh save, with my only mods being Carnalitas (also tested using dCarnalitas, with the same results) and various versions of Regula Magistri. Both 2.0.0 and 2.1.0 work exactly as expected, and 2.1.1 consistently crashes the game every time.

Thank you for all the hard work to bring this mod back. This and Daughters of Lust are by far my favourite mods, so I'm grateful at least on of them is being carried on.

I've been having the same issue wity instiga discordia, everything's fine until i close the window when the scheme finishes, after which the game crashes, starting the scheme in debug mode it says, "BUG: start_scheme missing perspective" if that helps

On 4/18/2023 at 9:57 PM, MCfan said:

Anyone know how to mod increased culture conversion for Regula Magistri? I always thought that a mind controlling religion would also allow for and insane assimilation rate into a dominant culture?

The next step on that would be title mergers at the kingdom/empire tier I would think. Speed up the drift towards the Magister's empire.

Edit: I would probably make that some kind of holy site or other form of triggered event as I think about it.

Edited by Monedeath
On 4/27/2023 at 7:57 PM, Jelhe said:

I've been having the same issue wity instiga discordia, everything's fine until i close the window when the scheme finishes, after which the game crashes, starting the scheme in debug mode it says, "BUG: start_scheme missing perspective" if that helps

when did you download the mod? I can see there was an edit in the github repository a week ago which references this issue

4 hours ago, byehi said:

when did you download the mod? I can see there was an edit in the github repository a week ago which references this issue

I downloaded it from github on the 24th of this month, so after that edit 

On 4/30/2023 at 11:00 PM, byehi said:

@ban10 having some rather frustrating issues making a MAA submod for regula where for some reason my new unit wont show up in the recruitment list, if I sent you the github would you mind having a look?

Sure, go ahead, You can PM me a zipped copy if you want to keep your personal github private
I assume you've already tried to copy/paste the MAA regiments I've setup in Regula_Magistri\common\men_at_arms_types\regula_maa_types.txt
The commit history that added these might be useful, https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/commits/master/Regula_Magistri/common/men_at_arms_types/regula_maa_types.txt. Quite a bit of fixing I had to do for these, so might be something useful in there

Also, unfortunately guys I've been hooked on Stellaris for the past week so I haven't done much CK3 recently, ?
Will probs jump back on when the expansion drops, I really need to fix that discordia bug though

Edited by ban10

Hey @ban10, may I ask how the Holy Site offspring effect works?

I'm considering tinkering with the defines value that determines gender ratios (it looks pretty straightforward in how it works, but I'm hardly an expert) for a playthrough using this mod, but I'm unsure how that would interact with the Holy Site effects.

I imagine making the whole "Pregnancy gender adjustment" event inactive (via our lord and saviour '#') would eliminate any risk of conflicts?

2 hours ago, Phraxius said:

Hey @ban10, may I ask how the Holy Site offspring effect works?

I'm considering tinkering with the defines value that determines gender ratios (it looks pretty straightforward in how it works, but I'm hardly an expert) for a playthrough using this mod, but I'm unsure how that would interact with the Holy Site effects.

I imagine making the whole "Pregnancy gender adjustment" event inactive (via our lord and saviour '#') would eliminate any risk of conflicts?

In the file Regula_Magistri\common\religion\holy_sites\regula_holy_sites_empires.txt, You should see that the middlesex holy site (London) has the flag holy_site_reg_offspring_flag attached to it.
The actual "event" that this flag is used for is located in Regula_Magistri\events\regula_holy_site_events.txt. Its the event named regula_holy_site_event.2000.
You can see its pretty basic, heck here it is

regula_holy_site_event.2000 = {
    hidden = yes

trigger = {
		# faith = { religion_tag = regula_religion }
        faith = {
			controls_holy_site_with_flag = holy_site_reg_offspring_flag
        }
	}

immediate = {
		random_list = {
			75 = {
				set_pregnancy_gender = female
			}
			25 = {
				set_pregnancy_gender = male
			}
		}
	}
}

This is called every time a child is born, via Regula_Magistri\common\on_action\regula_pregnancy_on_actions.txt
The easiest way to remove this would be to just # it in the regula_pregnancy_on_actions file.
I would do that rather then removing the special flag from the site as there are a couple of others things that also use it (Take Initiates Event and Famuli Warrior Martial decision)

On 4/26/2023 at 7:33 PM, spamsucker321 said:

As far as I can tell, 2.1.1 broke the "Instiga Discordia" event. The interaction works fine, but when the scheme concludes and the event window opens, closing the event window will instantly crash the game. I've confirmed this behaviour on a fresh save, with my only mods being Carnalitas (also tested using dCarnalitas, with the same results) and various versions of Regula Magistri. Both 2.0.0 and 2.1.0 work exactly as expected, and 2.1.1 consistently crashes the game every time.

Thank you for all the hard work to bring this mod back. This and Daughters of Lust are by far my favourite mods, so I'm grateful at least on of them is being carried on.

On 4/27/2023 at 8:57 PM, Jelhe said:

This issue is still around. Interestingly, I went through the logs, but there is nothing there at all (as in, I made sure to wait a bit before closing the event, so anything happening then would be at a clearly different time, but there was nothing happening at that time), and CK3 doesn't seem to recognize that it crashes - it does not create an entry in the /crashes/ folder.

@ban10 not a gamebreaking issue by any stretch, but I am seeing more than a few instances of Mutare Corpus outcomes where an advertised trait change doesn't get applied to the person in question. The "great" outcomes seem to have the issue more often. 

edit: Compedita Release Stress events also continue to announce changes to characters that also don't happen. "Now Lustful" doesn't always apply and sexuality changes also have a tendency to not happen. So probably a related issue as to how those changes are supposed to be applied by RM. (Is Carnalitas used?)

edit 2: Just had this happen thanks to a fascinare chain, as I have the holy site for the virus to spread around...

An Ex-Paelex regained Mulsa status thanks to the virus.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 184224.png

Edited by Monedeath
On 4/25/2023 at 5:20 AM, ban10 said:

Huh, thats very strange.
When you free the Keeper of Souls, your player character should have automatically become the Head of Faith (of the Magistarian faith).
You should then be able to reform the faith if you want, though I think the piety costs are quite steep at the moment.

It's probably something conflicting on my end. It's not that much of a problem though, at least I know the problem is on my end.

hey @ban10 thanks for being willing to look at the mod for me its git is at https://github.com/Fiore-Free/Guard-Mod (im more than happy to share this as Im hoping that this can be a sub-mod / intergrated for you at somepoint) at current it adds two new MAA, the "vestal guard" a Famulii version of the house guard MAA (all be it not yet restricted on regiments as I cant figure out how to balance that (stats are balanced the same way as other famulli units) and a heavy cavalry unit the "Clibanarii" a heavy cavalary based famulii unit again balanced the same way other famulli units are (all be it not restricted by the arched sadle inovation as I havent figured that out just yet). 
Please do let me know what you think, any issues or changes you think could be made