[Old Topic] Regula Magistri 2

23 hours ago, Joe9719S said:

TL:DR  CK3 genetics are a lot more complicated so while it may be possible in the future it is a lot more complex of a challenge than it was in CK2

Spoiler

Its due to genetics. CK2 characters base designs (so things like nose, and hair colour but not hair style or if they are blind) are based of 'DNA' like CK3 is but the DNA in CK2 is a 11 character string with 2 placeholder characters that had no use so 9 things to a characters DNA, in CK3 copying a character DNA into word gives you a 5 page document of about 7-8 thousand characters with 101  attributes and each one has many more options than in CK2 so creating a child character from 2 is a lot more complicated espically if it is not done using the base game system that creates a character based on the DNA of the real father and the mother. Some mods are using a workaround (Hm Invasion and Sappho's daughter 2) to have a lesbian child by 'cloning' the mother but a proper child between anyone but the coded real father and the mother is currently impossible.

But that doesn't address why it is this way at all because women do have the required DNA for children, hence why you're able to clone them.

Also 100 floats per character is not a meaningful amount of information to complicate this kind of thing anyway. At worst women are missing like, a few beard floats, which I doubt they even are.

Even if their genetics was nightmare spaghetticode, which I'm sure it is, it's probably something you could change in less than 15 minutes on their end. IIRC we (by which I mean cheri) were told by paradox that they have no intention of making it possible back in like 1.3.

3 hours ago, cumdollie said:

But that doesn't address why it is this way at all because women do have the required DNA for children, hence why you're able to clone them.

Also 100 floats per character is not a meaningful amount of information to complicate this kind of thing anyway. At worst women are missing like, a few beard floats, which I doubt they even are.

Even if their genetics was nightmare spaghetticode, which I'm sure it is, it's probably something you could change in less than 15 minutes on their end. IIRC we (by which I mean cheri) were told by paradox that they have no intention of making it possible back in like 1.3.

The Child DNA in CK2 is as simple as flip a coin and see if it get the father or mothers trait for that category across 11 categories, writing a code for this is relatively simple. CK3 DNA has 3 parts to think about when creating children's DNA. The first part is the same as CK2s DNA that is transferred in this binary style father or mothers trait and includes things like eyebrows. The second part is the majority of how a charecter appears and is all the sliders to shape face and body in the ruler designers give DNA (all charecters have this DNA it's just most prominent what traits they are affecting in the designer) and to my knowledge modders haven't worked out how this type of DNA is passed on to children. The third part is the recessive DNA that a charecter has that can be passed on to their children even if it does not show on the charecter itself like actual recessive DNA and like the second part to my knowledge modders haven't worked out how this type of DNA is produced. Until the second and third part are understood a proper child's DNA can only really be made by the intended vanilla system but things like cloning are still doable because it literally just copies the DNA of the donor and does not alter it.

Just now, Joe9719S said:

Until the second and third part are understood a proper child's DNA can only really be made by the intended vanilla system

Yes but the actual CK3 devs do have access to that system. You're saying that we can't make mods without extensive hacking to fit our round pegs into holes of unknown shape and you're right, but the devs can just call that system.

I'm not disputing that it's ~unable to be modded. I'm disputing that it would take anyone at paradox, even someone with no coding experience whatsoever, more than 15 minutes to replace the gendered calls in the DNA (and other)system(s) with nongendered ones and thereby make female fathers instantly functional.

Has anyone had issues with former Domina/Paelex not turning Orba? I set an hear. Abdicated. New heir took the book. Old Magister met grisly fate. Let the game run for a few years. Never any orba.

Not sure if its a conflict on my side or if one of the changes to how the traits are handled broke that check.

18 hours ago, Randah said:

Has anyone had issues with former Domina/Paelex not turning Orba? I set an hear. Abdicated. New heir took the book. Old Magister met grisly fate. Let the game run for a few years. Never any orba.

Not sure if its a conflict on my side or if one of the changes to how the traits are handled broke that check.

Lol was about to release then saw this so I fixed it, I put the orba check in both Quarterly and yearly pulses (also for yearly pulse I put the events in an actual event block, might have caused the issue). So everyone should now get it. Tested it and it works
Update time!

As always zip will be in the OP

# 2.1.0
By Ban10
Big thanks to those who contribute via the repo on https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri and those who contribute via the LoversLab thread!

## Fixes
    - "Important" actions fixes - These are the action reminders that the game gives you, turns out quite a few of the Regula ones were not setup quite correctly and so were a bit buggy. Now they should be fixed and always relevent if shown.

- Now cannot re-Fascinare a retired Paelax
        - Thanks to Cralowec!

- Using the "Bestow Landed Title" effect now does not count as a conquest, so there is no control penalty for your newly landed vassal.
        - Thanks to Cralowec!

- Titulum Novis only shows up on Devoted characters

- Corrupt Holy Order decision is only shown if there is a valid holy order to corrupt in your realm

- Fix Orba check, should now work for landed and unlanded characters

## Changes
    - French Translations update
        - Thanks to Mederic!

- Chinese Translations update
        - Thanks to YeaIwillAAAA / Waibibabo!

- Retire Paelex now costs the same amount of piety as a divorce (100)
        - Thanks to Cralowec!

- Made Orba health penalty less severe (from -8 to -4). Ideally I want to change this to be a stacking modifier. eg -1 on year one then -2 on year two and so on. Will change once I figure out how to do this

## Features
    - Regula Raiding events
        - Adds a total of 19 events that involve the player Magister capturing women from raided tribal/castle/temple/city holdings
        - Designed to not be to unbalanced, you either get a character from each event or a minor reward
        - Each type of holding has different events. Eg Priestess from a temple or Noble from a castle
        - Inspired by DWToska from Loverslab
        - Bonus events are unlocked if you have Famuli Warriors and if the barony you are raiding is Magistrian
        - Cooldown of a year for each type of holding being raided
        - Chance of happening is 20% plus a bonus for the Magisters rank (The level of their Magister trait)

- Read Regula Magistri
        - Replaces the old Regula setting menu with a new settings + explanation menu
        - Use this to read about your powers, objectives or to change Regula settings

- Regula Memories - Adds memories to characters for Regula related actions such as charming or specific riturals.
        - Thanks to Umgah!

- Revealing clothing variety - Use the rest of the CBO clothing with relevent cultural triggers so that other cultures get their own style of revealing clothing.
        - Thanks to Cralowec!

Pictures - Raiding Events

Spoiler

City_Regula_Raid.png.08114e8a063253dab8041126bafe1f4c.pngTemple_Regula_Raid.png.a4d8daba5f23ef855fb0e59e578750b1.pngCastle_Regula_Raid.png.371d1e41b1bfb50537b206e3abd8a1ec.pngTribal_Regula_Raid.png.2c9ec1edf1def91139d6f277c1afa542.png

Edited by ban10
2 hours ago, ban10 said:

Lol was about to release then saw this so I fixed it, I put the orba check in both Quarterly and yearly pulses (also for yearly pulse I put the events in an actual event block, might have caused the issue). So everyone should now get it. Tested it and it works

Neat.

Question about raiding - is this content solely for tribals or does it allow feudals to raid as well?

2 hours ago, Randah said:

Neat.

Question about raiding - is this content solely for tribals or does it allow feudals to raid as well?

It'll work for anyone who can raid, Theres a Viking decision that lets you raid as feudal iirc and you have the Practiced Pirates cultural tradition
But yeah, I think tribals mainly raid so its kinda "early game" stuff

Ah, its the "Elevate the Kingdom of Mann & the Isles" decision
Also, I realise that not everybody might want these events to pop, I'll look at making an option for it in the book settings menu
Next update will probs be after the next expansion

Edited by ban10

Hi @ban10, AGOT for CK3 was released recently. Will this mod be compatible? Tried releasing the Soul Keeper, but crashed. I believe due to there isn't any Holy Site in the world of ice & fire lol. It would be cool if a new religion would rise up against the "Old Gods / Faith of the Seven" and conquer the whole continent of westeros. 

19 hours ago, ban10 said:

It'll work for anyone who can raid, Theres a Viking decision that lets you raid as feudal iirc and you have the Practiced Pirates cultural tradition
But yeah, I think tribals mainly raid so its kinda "early game" stuff

Ah, its the "Elevate the Kingdom of Mann & the Isles" decision
Also, I realise that not everybody might want these events to pop, I'll look at making an option for it in the book settings menu
Next update will probs be after the next expansion

I'll have to see about finding a way to enable it for feudals. Maybe with some opinion or control malus? Have to work out the mechanism of how to turn it on first. Attached to a holy site? Or combination of them?

On 4/15/2023 at 8:06 PM, Randah said:

I'll have to see about finding a way to enable it for feudals. Maybe with some opinion or control malus? Have to work out the mechanism of how to turn it on first. Attached to a holy site? Or combination of them?

The Practiced Pirates already lets you do that and it has an inbuilt penalty - a prestige cost.

There are mods out there that enable raiding in some fashion or another too.

If you want to jury-rig it, you could always add "is_AI = no" as an option to who can raid (see game - common - scripter_triggers - 00_scripted_trigger_rules). That'd let just you raid. If you want a quick and easy way to let your entire culture do it, add "culture_can_raid_at_sea_even_if_feudal = yes" to the parameters section of one of the Magistrian traditions. Famuli Warriors, perhaps? That way you need to get a holy site and take the Famuli decision.

You could add an opinion malus or whatever to the culture as well - say, "different_faith_opinion = -10". Add that under character_modifier, though.

You could also add "faith_can_raid" to the Magistrian faith's parameters, presumably.

I think I like your option of adding it to Famuli warriors. Makes it a quasi cultural thing tied into warfare and how the Famuli fight differently for different reasons.

Long term, bigger picture, maybe make the Famuli decision have an option between Famuli Warriors and Famuli Raiders? Give warrior culture better combat advantage/siege/knight effectiveness in exchange or a weaker Raider culture with fringe benefits.

14 hours ago, MCfan said:

Anyone know how to mod increased culture conversion for Regula Magistri? I always thought that a mind controlling religion would also allow for and insane assimilation rate into a dominant culture?

There is a power to make a vassal (might just be fascinated rulers) that for the cost of prestige forces a conversion of court and lands already in the mod.

So something I've been dealing with with large harems is all the rivalries that pop up - I've mentioned this in the threads before but I'm trying to write an event where as the head of a harem you can mindfuck (and regular fuck) those rivalries into friendships/lover relationships. And then also one where you can have your mind-controlled slaves duel for your amusement, but that's not me. Does anyone know a modding tutorial that would walk me through the basics? I seem to find modding tutorials that are missing key points and it's been very confusing. 

On 4/15/2023 at 5:50 PM, chilldude57 said:

Hi @ban10, AGOT for CK3 was released recently. Will this mod be compatible? Tried releasing the Soul Keeper, but crashed. I believe due to there isn't any Holy Site in the world of ice & fire lol. It would be cool if a new religion would rise up against the "Old Gods / Faith of the Seven" and conquer the whole continent of westeros. 

I do hear you, When I eventually get around to the holy site rework I will try and add sites for Elder Kings 2 and AGOT. While I am comfortable with Elder Scrolls lore for adding holy site I admit I know next to nothing about AGOT, do you have a Empire title or maybe a list of locations I should look at when deciding where to place holy sites?

17 hours ago, MCfan said:

Anyone know how to mod increased culture conversion for Regula Magistri? I always thought that a mind controlling religion would also allow for and insane assimilation rate into a dominant culture?

I actually use the ingame rule of faster conversion for both culture and religion (for the player only). This might be part of the More game rules mod but I think it is vanilla.

I also made a interaction called Docera Cultura (Teach culture) that you can use on a vassal to change their culture to yours (including their realm and courtiers)

1 hour ago, Haight said:

So something I've been dealing with with large harems is all the rivalries that pop up - I've mentioned this in the threads before but I'm trying to write an event where as the head of a harem you can mindfuck (and regular fuck) those rivalries into friendships/lover relationships. And then also one where you can have your mind-controlled slaves duel for your amusement, but that's not me. Does anyone know a modding tutorial that would walk me through the basics? I seem to find modding tutorials that are missing key points and it's been very confusing. 

A good place to start would be the mod itself, an event that runs pretty similarly to your idea already exists here https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/blob/master/Regula_Magistri/events/regula_yearly_events.txt (Look for the event that starts as "regula_yearly.2101")
CK3 documentation is available here https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Event_modding (with other pages like effects/triggers/command etc on that wiki as well)

I would suggest starting with the above event and going into "debug" mode on CK3 (https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Console_commands#Enabling_debug_mode)
Then you can use the console command

event regula_yearly.2101

To run the mentioned event. You can make changes to it via the effects and run it as many times as you want in debug mode to see the changes
Good luck!
I recommend forking the repo on GitGud (https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri) and making a Git branch, I can then review your changes if you make a merge request into master

Also, I lied about no update!
Although this time theres no features, mostly just fixes and some minor changes

# 2.1.1
By Ban10
Big thanks to those who contribute via the repo on https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri and those who contribute via the LoversLab thread!

## Fixes
    - Maintence Pulse fixes
        - Rework this entire file, using the correct function for "everyone", divorcing a Paelax who is unlanded will now correctly make them an Orba, but it may take a year. Divorcing a count+ Paelex will trigger the Orba trait on a quarterly fashion. This is due to how CK3 treats "playable" characters (characters with county titles) vs "everyone" (unlanded/lowborn/everyone else).

- Regula read book - Can only do this if you have the Regula Magistri Book!
        - I had a check for this but forgot to turn it back on after testing, whoops

- Servitude faction fix - If the Magister is married to the Target of a Servitude faction (Aka, a independent female ruler) then prospective servitude faction vassals will join join the faction.
        - Thanks to Umgah via gitgud!

- Instiga Discord fix - Check if the target is the liege of the schemer, otherwise there is no point in the scheme!
        - Thanks to Umgah via gitgud!

- Domina offers Paelex fix - Make sure the Domina is not offering herself! (Same character chosen twice)

## Changes
    - Clothing localisation - Only useful if you use/have a barborshop mod I think? I've just added some basic names for the Regula clothing sets
        - Also cleaned up portrait file a bit

- More Icons! Nearly all interactions now have a custom icon, if you have any suggestions for changes feel free to post them. For now most use either vanilla assets or trait icons.

- Astringere re-activation - You can add a new Strong hook to a puppeted character if the Strong hook is on cooldown for a medium stress effect on them
        - Technically this was a fix but I dont think this has worked for a long time.

- Docere Cultura (Teach Culture) check - Interaction will be greyed out if the selected vassal already has your culture for them, their realm and courtiers.

- Orba Health Decay - Orba now have their health "decay" on a yearly basis, with -1 health per year. The health decay will be canceled if you reclaim them.

- Chinese Translations Update
        - Thanks to Waibibabo!

## Features
    - No Features for this update :(
59 minutes ago, Haight said:

Thanks Ben10!

Is there a way to make it so that the Regula religion means that the character's spouses don't use, say "Empress" as their title in their name, but instead are "Duchess" or whatever their actual landed title is?

No problem!

I think that having your Domina have your title (eg you are both king + queen) then everyone else having their primary title as their prefix makes the most sense
Unfortunately, I actually can't find where/how that is set, It might be something hardcoded in CK3 (maybe inside the character window itself?) or set somehow via localisation, will have to have a deeper dig later at some point

53 minutes ago, ban10 said:

No problem!

I think that having your Domina have your title (eg you are both king + queen) then everyone else having their primary title as their prefix makes the most sense
Unfortunately, I actually can't find where/how that is set, It might be something hardcoded in CK3 (maybe inside the character window itself?) or set somehow via localisation, will have to have a deeper dig later at some point

Yeah, I agree with your logic about who should get what. 

2 hours ago, ban10 said:

I would suggest starting with the above event and going into "debug" mode on CK3 (https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Console_commands#Enabling_debug_mode)
Then you can use the console command

event regula_yearly.2101

To run the mentioned event. You can make changes to it via the effects and run it as many times as you want in debug mode to see the changes
Good luck!
I recommend forking the repo on GitGud (https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri) and making a Git branch, I can then review your changes if you make a merge request into master

I tried messing around with this event and it seems to always trigger on the same character (with the second harem member being random each time). Strange. 

Edited by Haight
10 hours ago, Haight said:

I tried messing around with this event and it seems to always trigger on the same character (with the second harem member being random each time). Strange. 

That means its working as intended, it always tries to pick your Domina (Primary spouse) and then a random Paelex (one of your other landed charmed spouses)
Only if you dont have a Domina does it pick two Paelexs, but that should never really happen unless your primary spouse is in prison or unavailable somehow

22 hours ago, ban10 said:

I do hear you, When I eventually get around to the holy site rework I will try and add sites for Elder Kings 2 and AGOT. While I am comfortable with Elder Scrolls lore for adding holy site I admit I know next to nothing about AGOT, do you have a Empire title or maybe a list of locations I should look at when deciding where to place holy sites?
:(

Firstly, thanks for latest update (2.1.1)!

AGOT

~ I don't have any empire title yet, but i think it could be done like the Holy Sites for Empire of Britain

~ I've actually managed to released the Soul Keeper after editing some parts in the mod (mod\Regula_Magistri\common\religion\religions & mod\Regula_Magistri\common\religion\holy_sites & mod\Regula_Magistri\events (regula_initialize_event) - of course added some localization as well 

~ all functions works after releasing the Soul Keeper, such as fascinare, domitans tribunal, and so forth

~ the only issues are i'm not able to get the holy sites to work in-game, the benefits, the icon just doesn't appear lol and also, I can't seem to declare holy war too which I think is fine, for now 

~ Playing in the Iron Islands (they're basically like the vikings in CK3 vanilla) and they have their own religion called the "Drowned God" and I basically used the same locations as to where the Drowned God's holy sites are for convenience purposes. 

~ image attached for reference. 

1. (releasing keeper of souls)

image.thumb.png.c7813cf428e7db5ba2d1ed4d0ea21b87.png

2. (after releasing, no holy sites shown ? )

image.thumb.png.d5a190130598d4f22a5ff3ceeeb3ebcd.png

3. (Drowned God Holy-Sites with their icons & a regula localization & benefits / not a coder by all means but I tried) ?

image.thumb.png.954e3adadf19221c76ccf23c8f82bf3a.png

I guess I can do without the holy sites for now too. thanks for reading! 

11 hours ago, chilldude57 said:

3. (Drowned God Holy-Sites with their icons & a regula localization & benefits / not a coder by all means but I tried) ?

I'm hardly a coder myself, but you could try opening grabbing the c_(location) for the iron isles sites, plopping them into the regula religion holy sites of your choice (say, Britannia), and just seeing if they show up. The names will be wrong unless you change Localisation, but I reckon it should work.

I've moved Holy Sites using that method before, but I've never tried 'transplanting' holy sites from a base game mod to a rework like AGOT. 

Edit: For all I know, that might have been what you did. If so, nevermind. If not, trying the path of least resistance is worth a shot.

Edited by Phraxius
4 hours ago, ABlueOrb said:

Hello, are you not supposed to be able to create new faith after the initial freeing of the keeper of is that just a problem on my end? The head of faith requirement is never fulfilled.

Hello, no you are not supposed to do that. To take the head of faith title, I believe you must have some holy sites (1 or 3 I don't remember) under full magistrian control (meaning the count/countess must be magistrian).

4 hours ago, John_Millerx1 said:

Hello, no you are not supposed to do that. To take the head of faith title, I believe you must have some holy sites (1 or 3 I don't remember) under full magistrian control (meaning the count/countess must be magistrian).

In the previous save, I controlled all of the sites (British set) and I still couldn't. Everyone is under my control and everything. Maybe I missed something. Thanks tho.