[Old Topic] Regula Magistri 2

14 hours ago, ban10 said:

I've got a ton of ideas on the holy site rework, which includes some of the stuff you've written (eg using other existing religion holy sites or having the player choose their own holy sites). Will experiment once I start working on it

Though that sounds very nice, I'm not sure if my privacy would be protected so I'll have to decline for now. Thanks though

On the topic of orgys as an activity, here are my current thoughts:
The orgy activity will have two different "options"
1. Private Orgy - Only charmed female characters can be invited, with your Domina being an important guest (though not essential). Paelex should always come as well. Each Orgy has events that reduce stress, increase guests opinion of each other and you and also increase piety/prestige.
2. A Charming Affair - Allows you to invite non-charmed guests, from either your own realm or the realms of of others. This should be more "dangerous", as non-charmed guests might find out what you are upto and run away or cause trouble etc.

Intents:
Three new Regula only intents (that are only for Orgys for now)
1. Charm - Self explanatory, the same as a Fascinare scheme, just try to charm the character
2. Impregnate - Self explanatory again, try to get the character pregnant, easier when they are charmed but still possible when they are not.
3. Beguile - A political tool, basically get a female character under your spell and make her sign away things to you, You will get options to get claims on her land, prestige or wardship of their daughters and hooks/secrets.

Let me know what you guys think, this will take a while to get everything setup but I'm sure it'll be fun once complete. The main goal is to have lots of flexibility in what you can do with each orgy event, for example:

- You could beguile your lieges wife into having your lieges daughters wardship given to you, thus ensuring a powerful ally in the future.
- Get your chosen wives pregnant during an orgy, ensuring you have children with certain wives.

- Charm specific characters that you have invited from foreign realms, perhaps for their traits or claims.

image.png

image.png

That looks awesome! Can't wait for this to come out. Any idea when that'll be?

Regula "religion" has it's own mercenary companies, maybe you are seeing those companies?

Edit: indeed it's a bug, I started a new campaign and Spain it's filled with regula mercenaries ?

Edited by Shiky

Hey guys,

I noticed that Grand Weddings suddenly can't be held for whatever reason so I created a playset that consisted of 
Carn

Carn Lewd COA

RM2 (gitgud download 25 May 2023)

Started a new game, added gold through console, arrange marriage, selected grand wedding, after Wedding agreed, target became betrothed but no Grand Wedding Notification and going to Activities, Grand Wedding is unable to start (Red Cross on it).

No other Activities events seem to be affected except Grand Weddings.

Can anyone else replicate this before I post on Gitgud?

@ban10do you prefer to get notified here or on gitgud?

Edited by Shaguar
fixing member @ tag
On 5/24/2023 at 5:06 AM, Kefenol said:

So ive decided to give mod a go and im having an issue where after freeing the keeper of souls i convert to a theocracy and get an instant game over. Notice the box where it says "you convert to [blank]"

it seems a new "papacy" is created and my character becomes the new head of faith for the catholic church even though the old papacy still exists

i skimmed through the thread and didnt see this being mentioned

as mods go i only have simple shaft + slits and carnalitas and its submods

1.png

2.png

3.png

I'm facing this issue as well, not sure what causing it. Anyone has possible solution for this?

15 hours ago, tarin said:

@ban10I found a bug. Running only carn + regula magistri + lewd coa. It looks like mercenary companies make use of the regula maa types. Don't know why tough.

15 hours ago, Shiky said:

Regula "religion" has it's own mercenary companies, maybe you are seeing those companies?

Edit: indeed it's a bug, I started a new campaign and Spain it's filled with regula mercenaries ?

Huh, I guess 

mercenary_fallback = yes

skips all checks for the mercenary to recruit them? I guess I'll remove this and the holy_order_fallback as well.

5 hours ago, Shaguar said:

Hey guys,

I noticed that Grand Weddings suddenly can't be held for whatever reason so I created a playset that consisted of 
Carn

Carn Lewd COA

RM2 (gitgud download 25 May 2023)

Started a new game, added gold through console, arrange marriage, selected grand wedding, after Wedding agreed, target became betrothed but no Grand Wedding Notification and going to Activities, Grand Wedding is unable to start (Red Cross on it).

No other Activities events seem to be affected except Grand Weddings.

Can anyone else replicate this before I post on Gitgud?

@ban10do you prefer to get notified here or on gitgud?

I've also fixed this, they made changes to marriages that I've merged into RM, You might have to "re-betroth" yourself to get the "grand wedding promise" though

Also you can notify me here or on gitgud, I check both pretty frequntly.

FYI, I've fixed both the Regula MAAs being used by mercs and the grand wedding promise not happening and hotfixed them into master

Edited by ban10
57 minutes ago, nizz said:

I'm facing this issue as well, not sure what causing it. Anyone has possible solution for this?

Hm, this is very curious, Do you have a save file and/or a load order you could send to me?
Ideally, the only mods you have running would be RM, Carn and vanilla.
Also, could you tell me what base game DLCs you have installed? I wonder if at some point the Regula religion uses DLC content and thats why it just doesn't exist in your game.

I think I see the primary problem. Because the Regula religion (for whatever reason) just doesn't exist for you guys, the game cant convert you to it and make you its Head of faith.
Instead in your cases because you were catholic, it just skipped converting you and made you the pope, which is a special title so you get a game over.

EDIT: Can you see this under religions? (I just started a completely new game)
image.png.aca77e68dc072fddfff13be118ba186b.png

Unfortunately I have never seen this, so I wonder if my DLC theory is correct, if you give me your load order I can check.

Edited by ban10
12 minutes ago, ban10 said:

Huh, I guess 

mercenary_fallback = yes

skips all checks for the mercenary to recruit them? I guess I'll remove this and the holy_order_fallback as well.

I will check it and see if works

And regarding the bug with the Papacy I didn't had it neither. I have all the dlcs activated except friends and foes and the last one about tournaments.

But I played with Nordic religions, maybe it's a problem with Christian rulers? ?

21 minutes ago, ban10 said:

Hm, this is very curious, Do you have a save file and/or a load order you could send to me?
Ideally, the only mods you have running would be RM, Carn and vanilla.
Also, could you tell me what base game DLCs you have installed? I wonder if at some point the Regula religion uses DLC content and thats why it just doesn't exist in your game.

I think I see the primary problem. Because the Regula religion (for whatever reason) just doesn't exist for you guys, the game cant convert you to it and make you its Head of faith.
Instead in your cases because you were catholic, it just skipped converting you and made you the pope, which is a special title so you get a game over.

Unfortunately I have never seen this, so I wonder if my DLC theory is correct, if you give me your load order I can check.

I do have some extra mods running in my playthrough.

image.png.580a9b922fad5143d7c7e90342ac39d0.png

As for the DLCs, i have all the DLC enabled

image.png.6609986bf24f1418350bf79ae93eb54e.png

Currently im playing as one of the vassals of the Byzantine so my current religion is Orthodoxy before converting to Regula. Do note that im just testing the game and mod so i was cheating for quite a bit in this gameplay. I have the save game attached as well. The save was just before I bestow landed titles to the ladies that i have shown the book, which are my spouse and my court physician. 

*Edit - I attached a new save with the titles bestowed. 

Despot_Zero_of_Epirus_872_10_23_1.ck3

Edited by nizz

I've checked the religion list as you have suggested, I cannot find it under my current game. But when I started a new game, I can find it. I think it might be caused by me installing the mod midway through the game as I was just testing mods.

1 minute ago, nizz said:

I've checked the religion list as you have suggested, I cannot find it under my current game. But when I started a new game, I can find it. I think it might be caused by me installing the mod midway through the game as I was just testing mods.

Aha!

Before I test on my end, could you try and run through the Regula startup events (buy book -> free keeper) and see if it works?
Will save me time (and money!) getting the same mods and the friends and foes dlc all setup to test

8 minutes ago, ban10 said:

Aha!

Before I test on my end, could you try and run through the Regula startup events (buy book -> free keeper) and see if it works?
Will save me time (and money!) getting the same mods and the friends and foes dlc all setup to test

Done testing the startup events, all running smoothly on a new gameplay.

21 minutes ago, ban10 said:

Aha!

Thank you for helping me to troubleshoot the issue that i was facing, i really appreciate it.

So now I just need to wait for CBO to be updated to support 1.9 then i can start my new playthrough

Running the gitgud version of the mod (0214c4fa) and it seems Mulsa's (maybe even retired Pelex) are glitched? Their health modifiers never drop below 7.0, making them practically immortal, bar from special events that kills the character. Same thing with the PC.

Edited by Animu
1 hour ago, Animu said:

Running the gitgud version of the mod (0214c4fa) and it seems Mulsa's (maybe even retired Pelex) are glitched? Their health modifiers never drop below 7.0, making them practically immortal, bar from special events that kills the character. Same thing with the PC.

Any other mods? I haven't seen this before.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:27 AM, ban10 said:

Yeah, I just ended up implementing three new regiments and updated all of the regiment art to AI generated art (https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/merge_requests/18)

I've been tinkering with stable diffusion recently and Its been really fun, what do you guys think?

I really like the Virgo, sacerdos and pedites art (though the Pedites solider on the left has six fingers! ahhh!). They fit really well to what I wanted to get

Hi @ban10I really like the art! can you please share me the prompt so I could play around as well? Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, blacklake01 said:

Hi @ban10I really like the art! can you please share me the prompt so I could play around as well? Thanks in advance!

Sure, I included the main MAA prompt here https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/commit/9f464963b1f9576103df201645e824767cef58dc
I'm working on a bunch of stuff atm so can't really go into much more detail but hopefully if you have Stable diffusion this will give you a good start
I also used controlnet for posing, making my own poses based on the vanilla portraits

4 hours ago, AmbiguouslyAmbiguous said:

So this crashes for me on startup, here is the log dump. I'm only running the hard requirement of Carnalitas, soft requirements of the lewd coa and this mod. Running on latest version of ck3.

logs.zip 28.2 kB · 2 downloads

Did you download the mod from gitgud, because the version on the first message on loverslab isn't for 1.9

@ban10 I noticed an issue with the ward event triggering but not giving them the Mulsa trait. The event seems to trigger right before the ward becomes 16 so since the ward was still 15 every time the event came up for me the minimum age being set to 16 for the Mulsa trait prevents it from applying. After changing the minimum age to 15 the trait started applying properly.

Mulsa trait code

image.png.a4eaeda114dd32593cdd5f1be2e3130e.png

By the way @ban10 can you possibly allow the player to edit the title of the head of faith of the Regula Magestri ? I don't really like the "Pontiflex" thing and I'm wondering if giving the player the ability to edit the name of this title is something you have on your mind ^^

8 hours ago, merrick1031 said:

@ban10 I noticed an issue with the ward event triggering but not giving them the Mulsa trait. The event seems to trigger right before the ward becomes 16 so since the ward was still 15 every time the event came up for me the minimum age being set to 16 for the Mulsa trait prevents it from applying. After changing the minimum age to 15 the trait started applying properly.

Mulsa trait code

image.png.a4eaeda114dd32593cdd5f1be2e3130e.png

Fixed, ward events happen when they are 15 years and 364 days old :S
I'll have to make sure that whenever I have a trigger for has_trait = mulsa I also set the minimum_age, just in case

EDIT: actually I'm going to be "that guy" and rework this event so it happens when they are 16, to keep the minimum age of anything "Regula" related to 16 or over. Its probably safer this way because someone out there will be like this:
Anonymous No.137856716 SHE WAS 17 YEARS 364 DAYS 23 HOURS 59 SECONDS 999 MILISECONDS OLD YOU SICK FUCK

This will also be better as instead of having a single check on their 15th birthday (which then waits 364 days) for whether they should run the ward events, this will save their guardian everytime it changes, so you could for example take wardship of someone who was 15 and a bit and still trigger the event when they are 16.

Second EDIT: Finished and into master, now the ward charming stuff happens a day after they turn 16, and is also better setup, now whenever a wards guardian changes it will check whether they should be saved and then used in the same event chain.

6 hours ago, dustbeen43 said:

By the way @ban10 can you possibly allow the player to edit the title of the head of faith of the Regula Magestri ? I don't really like the "Pontiflex" thing and I'm wondering if giving the player the ability to edit the name of this title is something you have on your mind ^^

You can change this right now by changing Regula_Magistri\localization\english\religion\regula_religion_l_english.yml, the keys regula_religious_head_title and regula_religious_head_title_name are the ones to change. I'm actually going to change them now to "Magister" and "The Master" respectively, as I think they fit better.
I don't think theres a method for changing head of faith titles in game.

Edited by ban10
15 hours ago, AmbiguouslyAmbiguous said:

So this crashes for me on startup, here is the log dump. I'm only running the hard requirement of Carnalitas, soft requirements of the lewd coa and this mod. Running on latest version of ck3.

logs.zip 28.2 kB · 5 downloads

I had a similar problem. I solved it by deleting my old regula magistri mod folder instead of overwriting it with the new version, then putting the new version in fresh.