Through MO

Through the same browser without MO

You can see the top of the web address showing the different addresses. Beats me it is the only issue I have with Nexus and the web. It has no problems with a normal download. I thought it might be easier to get the download through MO to make sure that the ID and other info was correct and makes for a easier update. Guess unless that can be fixed it wont happen.

Just in case I am doing something wrong I use the second symbol (globe) on the MO to access the browser.

EDIT:

I get a bug where if I 'Check all for update', I get an error saying "request to Nexus failed: invalid response". Though I suppose every request to Nexus is "failed", and every response from Nexus is "invalid". :P

It works for me. Did you put in your password and log on into the Nexus tab of the settings? The only one that dont work properly is the one with the bad version number.

I don't use MO as the downloader on Nexus. I do everything manually, meaning no installers or fomods. If that's what you're trying to do, then perhaps that's the problem. Never saw nmm.nexusmod.com before. Totally weird.

Your 1st screenie looks like more of a screenshot of the Nexus than the actual site, seeing as how there's missing info under each tab. What happens when you click tabs, or try to download? You say downloads work fine for you either way??

Edit: 

It works for me. Did you put in your password and log on into the Nexus tab of the settings? The only one that dont work properly is the one with the bad version number.

My log in info is there, and I tried on each mod. It says check all, so it doesn't matter which I click. Still getting the error, and Tannin hasn't responded yet.

Never saw nmm.nexusmod.com before. Totally weird.

I only used that because I was testing and since one mod don't want to update correctly (version number) or accept the version number I thought I would redownload it through MO using the tool that was there. Not so good.

Your 1st screenie looks like more of a screenshot of the Nexus than the actual site, seeing as how there's missing info under each tab. What happens when you click tabs, or try to download? You say downloads work fine for you either way??

Nothing is available. It shows what you seen in the screen capture and that is it. I believe it worked before the restructuring. Might be some changes that Robin did recently that makes it not work correctly. I have to use the manual way to get the mods.

My log in info is there, and I tried on each mod. It says check all, so it doesn't matter which I click. Still getting the error, and Tannin hasn't responded yet.

Strange I only get what you see no the screen capture after clicing "Check All". All are updated except the one shown and that is because of some strange issue with the version not working correctly.

I don't use MO as the downloader on Nexus. I do everything manually, meaning no installers or fomods. If that's what you're trying to do, then perhaps that's the problem.

I do use the manual option as well most of the time. Used the manual option before the changes at the Nexus recently. Just checking the MO system out. If It works well without worries then perhaps I would use the MO for all the tools. If not no problem.

For the manual option of installing. How do you do that with the MO. Normally just drop the proper files into the Data folder. How do you do that and keep the benefit of MO

Like I said, I don't use any manager to download, manually or 'using NMM', so I don't know. I just go to Nexus by running a batch (Nexus.bat), and dl to my desktop. I don't even extract anywhere, I just let MO install, and 'open in explorer' to sort out any misplaced files that may exist.

Ah, I thought you were "manually" adding the files without MO. Yea I was downloading independently from MO and then directing MO to install and correcting the files as needed through MO arranging the files the way I wanted them to be. At first I thought it was going to be a pain and I would do like I have done before and arrange the files myself then have MO do its thing however it works quite well using the MO explorer and moving the files around as needed.

I am getting more used to MO day by day. Would be further along but Skyrim is taking my time that would be for testing and learning...lol.

I will have to start looking into bat files sometime in my life.

I wanted to report something that i have noticed ever since i installed Mod Organizer. There seem to be a small hickup happening with mods that adds dialog to npc like sexlab submit, and other such mods that add dialog directly to npc's it seem to disable the dialog from the game start and when you restart the game the dialog works normally.

But this is only visible when installing these mods directly from mod organizer, if i install these mods from skryrim\data then the dialog will be visible from game start so no restart of games is needed.

I know it seem small but just wanted to point a heads up.

I wanted to report something that i have noticed ever since i installed Mod Organizer. There seem to be a small hickup happening with mods that adds dialog to npc like sexlab submit, and other such mods that add dialog directly to npc's it seem to disable the dialog from the game start and when you restart the game the dialog works normally.

But this is only visible when installing these mods directly from mod organizer, if i install these mods from skryrim\data then the dialog will be visible from game start so no restart of games is needed.

I know it seem small but just wanted to point a heads up.

Wait, what? Game start as in starting a new character?  I haven't really noticed anything.

@ritualclarty: same, no description if web browser is opened from MO  :(

But download works fine if I open my browser outside MO and do this, stored to MO download folder whew

RYvht0v.png

nznxSZP.png

EDIT: looks like the 'visit on nexus' is functional. I can get to nexus page without errors  :sleepy:

Ok that is more than one person that is having problems with that feature now that the Nexus changed some things. I believe you use to and is intended to use the browser to open and download through MO without having to do it outside of MO. Could be wrong. It might be the browser or might be Nexus. I believe it is the Nexus.

Looks like Tannin will have to redo a lot about MO, now that Nexus is changing everything. If the info is getting mangled, then I say get rid of the update reminders, and wait for Nexus to make it's "transformation", or just get on the same page as the admins. That may be impossible though, as Tannin is a nice guy, and the admins over there are...you know......

It might be worse though. They might be undermining MO, due to everyone switching to that. It sounds petty, but "petty" describes Nexus admins and moderators quite well. Here's hoping they're not being childish. Tannin's way too nice a guy to have to fall victim to their condemnations. Also, if he ends up getting banned for being understandably mad about being undermined, MO will disappear, unless he uploads it onto another site, because it won't be released here, no matter how nicely I ask him.

It's reasonable to assume all MO problems are being caused by Nexus' changes. Problems like these didn't start until recently. Therefore, I am limited in my ability to troubleshoot MO for now, and so is Tannin.

Imagine, all that hard work to get MO just right, only to have Nexus suddenly change everything. Coincidence? I certainly hope so.

Please, can someone explain me what's the concern about nexus not being sync? Suck nexus, I don't see how this can affect me, except from maybe check updates, isn't just better check just the mods you're interested to have an update instead of blindly downloading a bunch of 'updated' stuff that may screw your mod set up? Hell using a lot of mods for loverslab may be a suffering for some of you then, since they doesnt have a comfy 'download to mod organizer download folder button'. Sorry if I sound harsh but is not like nexus is the greatest mod resource anyway, at the end 99% of the 'mods' are enb presets and custom followers... The only good thing about nexus is that is currently the best mod magazine, being the fact that good modders have their mod highlighted there (although hot files is usually a mixure of crap and actual mods, so at the end it requires your own criteria), I dont know guys but I'm fine not having nexus associated with my clean and pristine MO set up and not using it other than check what's new in the little good modding comunity its hosted there between the bunch of crap.

Looks like Tannin will have to redo a lot about MO, now that Nexus is changing everything. If the info is getting mangled, then I say get rid of the update reminders, and wait for Nexus to make it's "transformation", or just get on the same page as the admins. That may be impossible though, as Tannin is a nice guy, and the admins over there are...you know......

It might be worse though. They might be undermining MO, due to everyone switching to that. It sounds petty, but "petty" describes Nexus admins and moderators quite well. Here's hoping they're not being childish. Tannin's way too nice a guy to have to fall victim to their condemnations. Also, if he ends up getting banned for being understandably mad about being undermined, MO will disappear, unless he uploads it onto another site, because it won't be released here, no matter how nicely I ask him.

It's reasonable to assume all MO problems are being caused by Nexus' changes. Problems like these didn't start until recently. Therefore, I am limited in my ability to troubleshoot MO for now, and so is Tannin.

Imagine, all that hard work to get MO just right, only to have Nexus suddenly change everything. Coincidence? I certainly hope so.

I remember reading Robin going on about some issue with his NMM referencing the servers to many times and work needed to be done to "restructure" the servers for better flow etc. As petty as they can be I don't think they will undermined the feature as it still brings people to their site. People even have the ability to "endorse" the files through MO. Everything needed has been set up properly. Also he hasn't undermined FOMM and other mods that people use. However I don't think he gives  a dam if changes he does screws MO up one way or another.

Please, can someone explain me what's the concern about nexus not being sync? Suck nexus, I don't see how this can affect me, except from maybe check updates, isn't just better check just the mods you're interested to have an update instead of blindly downloading a bunch of 'updated' stuff that may screw your mod set up? Hell using a lot of mods for loverslab may be a suffering for some of you then, since they doesnt have a comfy 'download to mod organizer download folder button'. Sorry if I sound harsh but is not like nexus is the greatest mod resource anyway, at the end 99% of the 'mods' are enb presets and custom followers... The only good thing about nexus is that is currently the best mod magazine, being the fact that good modders have their mod highlighted there (although hot files is usually a mixure of crap and actual mods, so at the end it requires your own criteria), I dont know guys but I'm fine not having nexus associated with my clean and pristine MO set up and not using it other than check what's new in the little good modding comunity its hosted there between the bunch of crap.

The feature being there means people will try to use it. After the page has been updated or gotten it will be easy to check and download the updates and use them if desired. If there are bugs or updates it might be a benefit for the casual gamer not someone that wants complete control over the modding and changes.

Just letting you know. I don't care either, which is why I said remove that feature, until the 2 can get in sync. I just dl on my own, without MO anyway. MO just installs, and sorts them for me.

I agree. He don't have to get rid of the feature but perhaps maybe disable it for the future. .. maybe work with Ashal for the followers of MO to use on this site.... hum... pretty please. .. we will be much nicer to him than that mean ol' Nexus... UM my pretty MO. Nice MO, Pretty MO... Ritual likes MO, my precious MO. Ritual takes care of his precious MO.

Ritual has been playing too many middle earth types of games lately... 

Btw, i just opened my game today, and MO is all fucked up, every plugin disabled, mods unchecked and out of order. It'll take time to me to re-establish everything. Not the first time, also some options are bugged like the configurator, showing some 'traceback' error in pycfg.py

I had this one the first time, was really pissed when it happened out of nowhere.  The second time I think only my .esps were disabled.  But yeah, that was kinda bad and I had to redo everything manually.  Thankfully the saves tab gives some hints as to what was enabled as far as .esps were concerned.

I'm having an issue running the FNIS 4.1 generator from within Mod Organizer. It looks like it's having problems with finding the .hkx files (I install Skyrim under C:\Games and I suspect that may be the problem). I have to run it twice for each .hkx file, it generates two different error messages per file. I have attached screenshots.

I used the STEP instructions at http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs to install FNIS in Mod Organizer.

Is there any way around this?

post-66964-0-03353200-1387334184_thumb.jpg

post-66964-0-61570000-1387334184_thumb.jpg

I'm having an issue running the FNIS 4.1 generator from within Mod Organizer. It looks like it's having problems with finding the .hkx files (I install Skyrim under C:\Games and I suspect that may be the problem). I have to run it twice for each .hkx file, it generates two different error messages per file. I have attached screenshots.

C:\Games will never be an issue...it will always be a solution. Program Files (x86) is bad. It will always be a problem.

That's certainly not the problem. FNIS (Fore) does not automatically expect people to use that (Program...) as their install path.

I used the STEP instructions at http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs to install FNIS in Mod Organizer.

I had similar problems. Can you rewind in MO to a pre-SL state (profile), or try winding back the SL mods one at a time and then run FNIS to see if you can get it working?

I'm not sure on your situation but I was doing a fresh install, and added in the SL mods last. When I did get FNIS working in MO (as it seems you have) I had the same error codes.

I had to rewind to a saved profile before any SL additions (love MO!) and mod by mod (starting with the frameworks and mods that solely relied on the SL Framework so I could test them in game) built up my Sexlab additions. Of course I ran FNIS regularly as required by what I was adding and I didn't have anymore error codes.

I have a tread in the technical help section that has more detail on how I solved my problem that sounds very similar/exactly the same issue your having, it might help.

Oops lol, here's the post.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24031-solved-fnis-sexlab-issues/

Coincidently, it's the first link based on tags at the end of each page of this thread.

EDIT: OR....

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23955-trouble-with-fins-and-mod-organizer/

The last post recommends trying it out a few times until fnis gets through it and finally finishes the whole process. Read the thread carefully as it might not be exactly the same problems you're having, but if it is, and you'd rather not rewind, it's another way.

i am trying to cut down on my mod list but everytime i try i still am near the 100 mods mark.. i need to cut it down to under 60. But many essential mods require multiple esp with will only add to more instead of less. :(

Your best bet is check around and find which mods are mergeable through either tes5edit or bash.  As a rule of thumb, armor mods are easily mergeable, custom NPC mods or NPC vanity mods are not.