MO have different inis per profile

nHgt8l9.png

you can edit the inis using these or by searching them in MO folder / profiles

y0ZgBs6.png

@MrBlazzr

I use 1.0.9 and the software tells me that my MO is up-to-date

Theres a new update sense Nexus has updated their URLs and server side shiz. Go check the main Mod Organizer page here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334 and download the new version has to be done manually

MO have different inis per profile

nHgt8l9.png

you can edit the inis using these or by searching them in MO folder / profiles

y0ZgBs6.png

@MrBlazzr

I use 1.0.9 and the software tells me that my MO is up-to-date

Theres a new update sense Nexus has updated their URLs and server side shiz. Go check the main Mod Organizer page here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334 and download the new version has to be done manually

same network error

EDIT: okay, disabling my AV works

Mo should be able to be extracted to the folder and "overwrote" the original. Correct. Nothing special to do to upgrade it at this time?

No its just a simple download and extract.

I just can't download it and when I got it to download from my brothers computer it wouldn't extract the ModOrganizer.exe so thats my problem.

So i got MO up and running and all my fav mods installed and everything looks good. I gotta thank all of you guys for posting on the forums here to help out. I doubt i would have had the confidence or skills needed to pull this off alone. And now i finally get why everyone likes MO so much it wasn't too hard to install and it's features are far better than anything else offered.....cough(NMM)cough cough. And double thanks to AwfulArchdemon for getting this forum topic rolling, who knows how much headache and hair pulling you've saved me and perhaps a few others as well. 

Indeed it is a great tool.

Now if only Nexus wasn't be terrible.

This probably won't happen but I'll ask anyways.

I can't seem to download the 1.0.10 update from nexus gives my computer a network error I tried another computer but the stuff just isn't extracting the exe for me.

So I ask kindly if anyone can upload the ModOrganizer.exe from 1.0.10 somewhere and give me the link so I can download and actually use it with the new nexus setup.

Thanks if you can, understood if you can't.

So ya if anyone who has the 1.0.10 version can do this for me that would be great.

Thanks a lot for fielding tech questions for me while I was at work everyone. I got home to 16 notifications, and almost all were from this thread. :P

@eifrag: when you post your pics, like the ones in your spoiler, could I ask you to not use a spoiler? Pics like those ones make my MO thread look more professional, and I owe it to Tannin42 to make his (my) thread here look as awesome as possible, since he doesn't get to see it.

Thanks. ;)

@ritualclarity: I let Tannin know that his thread turned religious. The response was priceless. :D

:angel:

Mod Organizer is the Way the Light and the Glory

Mo should be able to be extracted to the folder and "overwrote" the original. Correct. Nothing special to do to upgrade it at this time?

No its just a simple download and extract.

I just can't download it and when I got it to download from my brothers computer it wouldn't extract the ModOrganizer.exe so thats my problem.

I don't know if you fixed your issue yet but you can't really extract the .exe. You need the non-exe version. Then you can extract the MO organizer and place it in the appropriate folder. That should work for you.

Today I installed Medusa and Dracul Armor from Nesux, and it instaled it without giving the 'No Data found on top level' warning. I looked at it out of pure MO instincts, and found that the path first said 'data', then meshes/textures. I hope that doesn't happen to anything else. I check everything anyway, but not everyone is as obsessed with MO as I am. ^_^

I have some old mod versons and such that I am running. I finally started just doing it manually checking to make sure that the file structure is correct and unclicked anything that wasn't needed. It is a tedious act but worth it. Now if Nexus is doing this with their files .. might just become common place until  MO is fixed to compensate if possible.

I have used MO for Skyrim and Nexus mods and other than a few issues like mentioned above it works pretty good. I never expected it to be so fast to start a new character. I didn't take into account that the mod was "already installed" lol. I expected to reinstall the mods again. .. Such is the old way that I am use to. Not using it for a lot of mods yet. About 5 to 10 at the max. Threw in some conflicting mods just for fun  (testing). I like to test and play with the function that selects the mods that the save has. I believe it is the "Fix Mods". That might be a cool feature that we haven't focused on. If it assembles the mods according to what was used to create the save it can be a sinch to send someone a custom configured save character for them to use in their game by using this feature. All they have to do is have the selection of mods available. I also believe that it tells you which are missing as well. Basically it is doing all the old hard work that I was use to doing before. Do wish that the feature to be able to use LL mods line Nexus are added. That would be so awesome.

i have a fomod question. I got my MO to work with fomods using the provided patch, but the fact remains that the mod author is still kinda forcing you to use a NMM asset to use their mod. I've decided to not use or support any mods that require nexus fomods to run and most i can find alternatives for except for one. Sadly, SKYUI is one of those mods that relies on you to use NMM to install correctly. I'm looking for another mod that has the MCM menu, the rest i don't care about but the MCM is one of those features that so many other mods require to run. Has anyone found a better alternative? 

EDIT: and do you have any body mod/texture recommendations (no fomod)? 

I hope you are wrong because my game should be screwed up right now using MO to install SkyUI. :unsure:

I mean it seems to work as good as the time I did load it using NMM in the past. I don't' see anything missing or bad.

Generally when an author states to use a certain mod manager it is just because that author has tested it using that mod manager and generally won't support others. it is just too time consuming. My suggestion is to post a question if there is or has been any issues with using x mod with MO. Perhaps  here if OP don't mind or create your own thread. You might just find out that many mods will work out of the box regardless of the Mod manager except some of those that rely heavily on scripts or custom folder structures that have to be developed. Some examples are many body mods with lots of choices etc. Anything that has options. Sometimes HUDS have issues due to their scripts but that is rare.

Better....alternative...?? :huh:

MOD ORGANIZER is the equivalent of..The Fonze

Except unlike the Fonze you don't have to hit your monitor to get it to work... lol.

I did't say that SKYUI doesn't work with MO, i know for a fact it works just fine, like i said i'm using it with the patch the mod author provided. I was asking if there we're any UI mods that had the MCM menu that don't have fomods installed in them. 

And i wasn't putting down MO at all either, hell, i spent 9 hours yesterday doing a virgin re-install of my skyrim game and all the support programs just so i could install MO in a pristine copy of skyrim.

And fomods aren't a problem in and of themselves either, i was referring to those ones that require you to have NMM installed in order to run to fomods. I had around 8 mods that had fomod installers and only 3 refused to load because they couldn't contact my NMM or the nexus page. It couldn't contact my NMM because its gone, banned if you will, i erased it from my hard-drive. Hence the patch i'm using as we speak.  

The point and question i was trying to make is that i would rather not use a mod that i have to either allow nexus to third party install on my MO or a mod that requires a patch to work around. I wasn't even aware that SKYUI had the fomod as part of the mod, i had used without issue since may.

Still, the question stands, are there any other UI mods that anyone knows of that don't have a fomod installed?

Perhaps i just worded my original question poorly but i caught some serious shit over what was an honest question. 

Can you link a fomod mod that has the issues you describe?  I did what the poster above did and disabled the new fomod installer in MO because I had issues with it not installing mods correctly.  The alternate installer seems to work better although once in a blue moon I'll find some mod that installs in the wrong folder.

@ corespore

Yea, deleting a post after someone has already quoted it isn't doing any good. Try editing your original post below the post or parts that you didn't like or needed to remove or change. This way someone reading it can see that you made some changes especially if you decided your post was in error, needed changing etc. Mistakes happen, as well as change of heart and perspective. There are many reasons to change or edit a post. When you delete your original you loose all options to change, edit or correct it in the future and all that is left is what was quoted which might not be correct when others read it.

All hail MO. :P

Heads up!

MO is having an issue for me right now.

Example: SkyUI's Nexus ID is 3863, but in MO, it is 0. No ID is listed for it, and although I put the number in manually, it just goes away as soon as I close and reopen it.

I posted it on the Nexus thread, but Tannin seems to be in a trivial, yet heated argument about mod version numbers at the moment, so no reply yet. :P

If anyone else is having this issue, stay tuned for an answer.

Okay, I'm gonna reply to myself. This issue exists, but if you just right-click a mod that isn't showing a Nexus ID, just find the mod ID on Nexus, and open MO. Right click the mod, and choose 'information'. On the right, you'll see a tab that says 'Nexus info'. post-111270-0-27166400-1386785379_thumb.jpg

Just add the ID there, and you'll see it on your MO menu.

Here is a silly question... where do I find the Nexis ID? I am sure it is right in front of my big black alien eyes but I still cant see it.

Also if I put in the correct Nexis id from now on MO can find and update it properly or at least offer an update. I believe I turned that off so that I would get rid of the warnings of SkyUI and Calientes Female Body mod.

Edit:

Is it the last numbers on the web address?

Edit2:

That seems to do the trick for most of the mods. Still have some issues with Original downloads seems there is no way to updated those in the pannel unless you have the Nexus id ready when you check them. I checked seen it wanted the Nexus ID and closed or canceled it. When I checked for new info it gives errors or a selection of mods that aren't what I wanted.

I changed the version numbers now to what is suppose to be but still have some stubborn one with the male model. It isn't taking the version found beside the download. Am I missing something here. Is there another way to find the version?

Has anybody had the issue where the files and description no longer shows up if using MO to access the Nexus? Forgive me if it was posted before and I just missed it.

Only the page and the tabs show up. Works if you access it with your own page.

If this is the case is it wise to install NMM and open it through the MO and use it to get the mods? Or is just manually downloading and any configs better.

Sorry for the double post. This was a different matter than the above.

Yes. Those last numbers are the ID.

I haven't had that version issue that you're having. When you check the Nexus, it should give you the right page.

And your files/descriptions should be right as well. Using your browser like normal to check should be no different than using MO to search, because MO just uses your normal browser to search for it. That's a mighty strange issue you got there.

I get a bug where if I 'Check all for update', I get an error saying "request to Nexus failed: invalid response". Though I suppose every request to Nexus is "failed", and every response from Nexus is "invalid". :P