On 12/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, shunyh said:

Wow thank you all so much for your work! Love the hair changes. 

would it be possible to chance magik’s hair to a longer look (via female hunter) or just her ponytail?

Also, for Christmas I just want a mod that removes the hunter’s necklace lol.

There are different ponytail for Hunter so I don't know which ponytail you want.I made a Hunter ponytail_Loose for Magik mod.Also I will provide a tutorial and use this mod as a example on how to swap hair because there are too many hair in this game,it is impossible for me to make mod for every hair so if you or other people want to swap other hair,you can do it by follow this tutorial,and not just hair,you can swap outfit/suit as well.As for the collar,it's involve mesh edit so it will not include in this tutorial,I will provide it in separate post.

---Tutorial on how to swap hair/outfit/suit in Marvel's Midnight Suns---

Tools required:

1.umodel:https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel#files

2.UAssetGUI:https://github.com/atenfyr/UAssetGUI/releases

3.Unrealpak:http://www.fluffyquack.com/tools/unrealpak.rar

(Download this if the link is not working for you:unrealpak.rar)

4.Marvel's Midnight Suns AES key:I don't know is it legal to provide it here,you will have to find it yourself.Just google search "Encryption keys for UE4 games",you will find it.

Here some example I made:

Hunter ponytail_loose replace Magik hair:

Preview:

Spoiler

12.thumb.png.c256c9549865fbce93b91fa4ec5b18af.png

Download:

pakchunk999-MagikPonytail_P.pak

Magik half nude WarBird suit:

Preview:

Spoiler

MagikWarBird.png.86b2df4b558524283a2d87eb3a4c4fde.png

Download:

pakchunk999-MagikWarBird_P.pak

This tutorial will swap Magik hair with Hunter ponytail as example.

Step One:

Unzip all the tools to any location you like.Open umodel_64.exe,select your game install location>press OK>paste the AES key you found on google>press ok.

Step Two:

In umodel_64.exe,find the model you want to replace to other character.In this example,it will be Hunter ponytail_loose.

Go to Game/Coda/Character/Biped/HeroicFemale/Hunter_F/_Model/HAIR/Ponytail_Loose

When you click the Ponytail_Loose folder(not expand it),you will see bunch of uasset file on the right,find HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK.uasset,this is the model file of the ponytail,right click it>Save packages

Spoiler

1.png.94868cc2495511e2a1726c35861562d1.png

Step Three:

In umodel,find the model name you want to replace with.In this example,it will be Magik hair.

Go to Game/Coda/Character/Biped/HumanFemale/Magik/_Model.

Find Magik hair model on the right,you can double click the uasset file to check is that the uasset file you want,choose 4.26 when the dialog box popup asking for UE4 version(after open the model,press i to see the model more clearly,press O to return to umodel)

After I double click Magik_Hair_Minspec_SK.uasset,her hair model show up,so now I know this is the model file name I want.

Keep the umodel_64.exe open,we still need it for Step Four and Step Five.

Spoiler

2.png.7dfa787a96002beffbe3ef126aa38480.png

Step Four:

Go to unrealpak folder,inside the folder,create a directory call "pakchunk999-MagikPonytail_P/MidnightSuns/Content/Coda/Character/Biped/HumanFemale/Magik/_Model"

Green text can be anything you like,I name it MagikPonytail in this example.

Red text will always be the same

Blue text will change depend on where the uasset file you want to replace located(see the image below).

Spoiler

5.png.3e6a7af34b5f745cf2432cb93a42b89e.png

Your directory should look like this image below:

Spoiler

6.png.483490dd7b7ca5fb43dbbad6fc9e421b.png

Step Five:

Go to umodel folder,you should see a folder name call "UmodelSaved",keep click inside the folder until you see the uasset file you save in Step Two.You should see two files here,"HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK.uasset" and "HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK.uexp",rename both files to the name you found in Step Three,in this case,it will be "HR_MAGK_Tactical_SK.uasset" and "HR_MAGK_Tactical_SK.uexp".After you rename them,copy both files to the "_Model" folder you create in Step Four.Your directory should look like this image below:

Spoiler

7.png.e272be9fdaacbd6767821d76663e2ecb.png

Step Six:

Open "Magik_Hair_minspec_SK.uasset" with UAssetGUI,at the top right,choose "4.26".There are two line you need to replace in "Name Map"

The first line is:

"/Game/Coda/Character/Biped/HeroicFemale/Hunter_F/_Model/HAIR/Ponytail_Loose/HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK"

replace with

"/Game/Coda/Character/Biped/HumanFemale/Magik/_Model/Magik_Hair_Minspec_SK"

(the same blue text directory in Step Four except this time you need to add /Game/ at the head and file name at the end of the line.)

Spoiler

8.png.ed6b23371902dd0c0a45eb4165857116.png

The second line is:

"HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK"

replace with

"Magik_Hair_Minspec_SK"

Spoiler

9.png.4f2673294bdd57d4720a91219a575e44.png

The line number will be different with other uasset file,you need to find it on your own.The line name will be same as the orginal file name.

Ctrl + S to save the file and close UAssetGUI,go back to "_Model" folder,delete both ".bak" files

Spoiler

10.png.4a2256eea1f2478e4e61a9d8e6de7ff2.png

Step Seven:

Go to unrealpak folder,drag "pakchunk999-MagikPonytail_P" to "UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat",that will generate a pak file,put the pak file to you game install location/MidnightSuns/Content/Paks.That's it,open the game and enjoy the mod you just swap.

Spoiler

11.png.26ed99e1b26401980dc6ea68d075b8fb.png

Edited by fakecheng

---Hunter Collar remove mod---

Time for me to enjoy the game so this should be the last mod I release.Thanks all of you for download and support my mod?.

Preview:

CollarRemove.png.eaaebf80aa98a1ff5c929fc0d4a19942.png

Download:

Female Hunter:

pakchunk999-FemaleHunterCollarRemove_P.pak

Male Hunter:

pakchunk999-MaleHunterCollarRemove_P.pak

I am playing female Hunter so I can't confirm is male version working or not.Please tell me if it doesn't work.

Edited by fakecheng
2 hours ago, fakecheng said:

There are different ponytail for Hunter so I don't know which ponytail you want.I made a Hunter ponytail_Loose for Magik mod.Also I will provide a tutorial and use this mod as a example on how to swap hair because there are too many hair in this game,it is impossible for me to make mod for every hair so if you or other people want to swap other hair,you can do it by follow this tutorial,and not just hair,you can swap outfit/suit as well.As for the collar,it's involve mesh edit so it will not include in this tutorial,I will provide it in separate post.

---Tutorial on how to swap hair/outfit/suit in Marvel's Midnight Suns---

Tools required:

umodel:https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel#files

UAssetGUI:https://github.com/atenfyr/UAssetGUI/releases

Unrealpak:http://www.fluffyquack.com/tools/unrealpak.rar

Marvel's Midnight Suns AES key:I don't know is it legal to provide it here,you will have to find it yourself.Just google search "midnight suns aes key",you will find it.

Here some example I made:

Hunter ponytail_loose replace Magik hair:

Preview:

Hide contents

12.thumb.png.c256c9549865fbce93b91fa4ec5b18af.png

Download:

pakchunk999-MagikPonytail_P.pak 3.29 MB · 6 downloads

Magik half nude WarBird suit:

Preview:

Reveal hidden contents

MagikWarBird.png.86b2df4b558524283a2d87eb3a4c4fde.png

Download:

pakchunk999-MagikWarBird_P.pak 1.33 MB · 0 downloads

This tutorial will swap Magik hair with Hunter ponytail as example.

Step One:

Unzip all the tools to any location you like.Open umodel_64.exe,select your game install location>press OK>paste the AES key you found on google>press ok.

Step Two:

In umodel_64.exe,find the model you want to replace to other character.In this example,it will be Hunter ponytail_loose.

Go to Game/Character/Biped/HeroicFemale/Hunter_F/_Model/HAIR/Ponytail_Loose

When you click the Ponytail_Loose folder(not expand it),you will see bunch of uasset file on the right,find HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK.uasset,this is the model file of the ponytail,right click it>Save packages

Reveal hidden contents

1.png.94868cc2495511e2a1726c35861562d1.png

Step Three:

In umodel,find the model name you want to replace with.In this example,it will be Magik hair.

Go to Game/Character/Biped/HumanFemale/Magik/_Model.

Find Magik hair model on the right,you can double click the uasset file to check is that the uasset file you want(press i to see the model more clearly,press O to return to dialog)

After I double click Magik_Hair_Minspec_SK.uasset,her hair model show up,so now I know this is the model file name I want.

Keep the umodel_64.exe open,we still need it for Step Four and Step Five.

Reveal hidden contents

2.png.7dfa787a96002beffbe3ef126aa38480.png

Step Four:

Go to unrealpak folder,inside the folder,create a directory call "pakchunk999-MagikPonytail_P/MidnightSuns/Content/Coda/Character/Biped/HumanFemale/Magik/_Model"

Green text can be anything you like,I name it MagikPonytail in this example.

Red text will always be the same

Blue text will change depend on where the uasset file you want to replace located(see the image below).

Reveal hidden contents

5.png.3e6a7af34b5f745cf2432cb93a42b89e.png

You directory should look like this image below:

Reveal hidden contents

6.png.483490dd7b7ca5fb43dbbad6fc9e421b.png

Step Five:

Go to umodel folder,you should see a folder name call "UmodelSaved",keep click inside the folder until you see the uasset file you save in Step Two.You should see two files here,"HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK.uasset" and "HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK.uexp",rename both files to the name you found it Step Three,in this case,it will be "HR_MAGK_Tactical_SK.uasset" and "HR_MAGK_Tactical_SK.uexp".After you rename them,copy both files to the "_Model" folder you create in Step Four.You directory should look like this image below:

Reveal hidden contents

7.png.e272be9fdaacbd6767821d76663e2ecb.png

Step Six:

Open "Magik_Hair_minspec_SK.uasset" with UAssetGUI,at the top right,choose "4.26".There are two line you need to replace in "Name Map"

The first line is:

"/Game/Coda/Character/Biped/HeroicFemale/Hunter_F/_Model/HAIR/Ponytail_Loose/HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK"

replace with

"/Game/Coda/Character/Biped/HumanFemale/Magik/_Model/Magik_Hair_Minspec_SK"

Reveal hidden contents

8.png.ed6b23371902dd0c0a45eb4165857116.png

The second line is:

"HR_HNTR_F_Hair_Ponytail_Loose_SK"

replace with

"Magik_Hair_Minspec_SK"

Reveal hidden contents

9.png.4f2673294bdd57d4720a91219a575e44.png

The line number will be different with other uasset file,you need to find it on your own.The line name will be same as the orginal file name.

Ctrl + S to save the file and close UAssetGUI,go back to "_Model" folder,delete both ".bak" files

Reveal hidden contents

10.png.4a2256eea1f2478e4e61a9d8e6de7ff2.png

Step Seven:

Go to unrealpak folder,drag "pakchunk999-MagikPonytail_P" to "UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat",that will generate a pak file,move the pak file to you game install location/MidnightSuns/Content/Paks.That's it,open the game and enjoy the mod you just swap.

Reveal hidden contents

11.png.26ed99e1b26401980dc6ea68d075b8fb.png

Hey, thank you so much for making this mod, the no collar mod for hunter (works on the male as well). I will definitely look into your guide this weekend. I have always wanted to make mods but they seem quite intimidating but with your tutorial/guidance I am going to give it a shot. Thanks again and enjoy your playthrough! :) 

1 hour ago, Lorphe said:

Thank you! The collar was so ridiculous... And very good work on the hairstyle too, the swap is very welcomed.

Any chance you crop/edit costume to have this kind of result? : 

Sorry,mesh edit take too much time which I don't really have much right now,I spent all my holidays on making midnight suns mod and need to get back to work tomorrow.

If you really want that costume style,you can try to do it on your own by follow this tutorial:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/143609-trials-of-mana-mod-creation-guide/

This tutorial is for other game but most of the content can use on midnight suns.The most different is you need to Install UE 4.26.2 instead of 4.22.

Edited by fakecheng
5 hours ago, Lorphe said:

Any chance you crop/edit costume to have this kind of result? : 

This was the only costume mod i wanted to make but the only model I could find was blocky so I didn't think it would look good.

(using the midnight sun's body)

383459834_Screenshot2022-12-14153333.thumb.png.1ea9e7a9f283badfda7c27797e9b480f.png

Edited by jmedia7
9 hours ago, jmedia7 said:

This was the only costume mod i wanted to make but the only model I could find was blocky so I didn't think it would look good.

383459834_Screenshot2022-12-14153333.thumb.png.1ea9e7a9f283badfda7c27797e9b480f.png

I don't think it look blocky ?

Just the cut around the hips isn't high enough imo, not showing enough ?

10 hours ago, jmedia7 said:

Any chance of making one skimpy outfit for the hunter? Dealers choice on the design so you can release something you're happy with. 

17 hours ago, fakecheng said:

---Hunter Collar remove mod---

Time for me to enjoy the game so this should be the last mod I release.Thanks all of you for download and support my mod?.

Preview:

CollarRemove.png.eaaebf80aa98a1ff5c929fc0d4a19942.png

Download:

Female Hunter:

pakchunk999-FemaleHunterCollarRemove_P.pak 16.04 kB · 23 downloads

Male Hunter:

pakchunk999-MaleHunterCollarRemove_P.pak 16 kB · 5 downloads

I am playing female Hunter so I can't confirm is male version working or not.Please tell me if it doesn't work.

This awesome, thanks for your hard work!

Any chance for a mod that removes nico's piercings?

1 hour ago, ZReincarnation said:

This awesome, thanks for your hard work!

Any chance for a mod that removes nico's piercings?

I can't make this mod work on her as face animation lost after I edit her head mesh which I don't know how to fix,sorry

Edited by fakecheng

A quick mesh edit and hair swap to remove Magik helmet

---Magik Helmet remove mod---

Preview:

MagikNoHelmet.png.69ce5d668a84cc7f87a064e7a672ff5e.png

Default suit helmet and the suit are same mesh so if you are using my half nude mod,download half nude version instead.

I don't have midnight suns suit unlock so I can't provide preview or test the mod,let me know if the mod not working.

Download:

Default suit:pakchunk999-MagikDefHelmetRemove_P.pak

Default suit(half nude mod):pakchunk999-MagikHelmetRemoveHNude_P.pak

Phoenix Five:pakchunk999-MagikPFHelmetRemove_P.pak

Midnight Suns:pakchunk999-MagikMSHelmetRemove_P.pak

Edited by fakecheng
1 hour ago, ZReincarnation said:

ah that's fine, thanks for trying still :D

although maybe replacing the texture the piercing with a transparent alpha texture without messing with the mesh might work? 

I also gave a thought about that before but I give up immediately after I check out her texture.Her piercings doesn't have its own texture,they share the same texture as her belt(If you look at her default outfit,you will see her belt buckle and piercings is the same sliver color)So if I make that part transparent,it will also leave a big hole on the belt?.If I edit the uv map to make them not share the same texture,it will involve mesh edit which like I said before,her face animation will lost.

3 hours ago, fakecheng said:

I also gave a thought about that before but I give up immediately after I check out her texture.Her piercings doesn't have its own texture,they share the same texture as her belt(If you look at her default outfit,you will see her belt buckle and piercings is the same sliver color)So if I make that part transparent,it will also leave a big hole on the belt?.If I edit the uv map to make them not share the same texture,it will involve mesh edit which like I said before,her face animation will lost.

that explains alot, thanks again for your attention!

Still, your works on modding this game is truly appreciated! hope more stuff will come out in the future! :D

9 hours ago, fakecheng said:

I can't make this mod work on her as face animation lost after I edit her head mesh which I don't know how to fix,sorry

It's probably because the piercing is tied to the mouth/jaw animation, they probably did that to avoid the piercing not moving when she speaks...

Personaly i rather have her with a hole in place of her belt than having to see her piercing, i have these things in horror lol.

One thing I would really like to see is the swimsuit tops combined with the default outfits topless version so we can get some lower-effort skimpy non-nude options going. I will try to learn how myself..

or a simple midriff mod would be stellar also

Most importantly good work everyone so far, this is awesome to see these so fast

Edited by gnarlyfug
12 hours ago, fakecheng said:

Preview:

Default suit helmet and the suit are same mesh so if you are using my half nude mod,download half nude version instead.

I don't have midnight suns suit unlock so I can't provide preview or test the mod,let me know if the mod not working.

Download:

Just seeing this since I was at work, but you are a wonderful human being

15 hours ago, fakecheng said:

Preview:

Download:

These small changes you are making are amazing. I saw how you were able to swap Majiks hair for the Hunter's ponytail. Is it possible to give Hunter Nico's default hair?

58 minutes ago, middlemonster said:

These small changes you are making are amazing. I saw how you were able to swap Majiks hair for the Hunter's ponytail. Is it possible to give Hunter Nico's default hair?

It's possible but I really don't have time to make more mod now,you need to do it on your own.You can swap the hair you want by following my tutorial.It's quite easy to swap uasset file.