4 hours ago, gnarlyfug said:

I haven't done any model swaps myself. My mods work by simply overwriting some in-game textures.

That being said, I also did find the tutorial a bit difficult to follow. I think I had to search on my own to get the right software to package everything up. Are you using UnrealPak (UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat) to package your assets? My only thought is that if you were using the wrong software to package the Pak it might be incompatible. Beyond that, I would guess it has something to do with the process required to make model swaps work which, like I said I'm not familiar with.

I've attached the versions of unrealpak l that I used just in case that was the problem.

unrealpak.rar 1.41 MB · 5 downloads

Holy crap, it was the compression method. Just out of curiosity, I used the UnrealUnpak.bat to unpack the pak file I made and it put the files in the top directory (pakchunk999-HunterNicoHair_P). Then I recompressed it (the same way I did before) with the files you posted here and it works sure enough. What a weird glitch, or maybe I misread something in the tutorial. But what a good guess.

Spoiler

1832386557_Screenshot2022-12-19160033.thumb.png.4081dd1d6f4bc6f04b6ccf375fb2dbe8.png

pakchunk999-HunterNicoHair_P.pak

Edited by middlemonster
2 hours ago, middlemonster said:

Holy crap, it was the compression method. Just out of curiosity, I used the UnrealUnpak.bat to unpack the pak file I made and it put the files in the top directory (pakchunk999-HunterNicoHair_P). Then I recompressed it (the same way I did before) with the files you posted here and it works sure enough. What a weird glitch, or maybe I misread something in the tutorial. But what a good guess.

Would you mind compress your failed version pakchunk999-HunterNicoHair_P folder to rar or zip(not pak,I can't test it after compress to pak) and send it to me so I can check is there something missing in my tutorial?

Edited by fakecheng
On 12/18/2022 at 2:29 PM, dylanmo61 said:

two other small replacements:

12331.thumb.png.89ef019a5ba224e0846c881f376e7e9b.png

remove the hat and loin of nico's shadowwitch suit (i was lazy and used  @fakecheng 's magik helmet remove mod to make these parts invisible, thanks again)

pakchunk999-NCSWHatRemove_P.pak 12.98 kB · 21 downloads

pakchunk999-NCSWLoinRemove_P.pak 13 kB · 24 downloads

and magik's casual outfit replace the default suit  :

pakchunk999-Mgksuit2_P.pak 899.69 kB · 20 downloads

Hello, is there a file I can download for this Illyana hair swap?

1 hour ago, fakecheng said:

Would you mind compress your failed version pakchunk999-HunterNicoHair_P folder to rar or zip(not pak,I can't test it after compress to pak) and send it to me so I can check is there something missing in my tutorial?

Sorry, I don't have it any more. I think I followed your tutorial pretty well, considering. I am not sure what happened the first time I compressed it, because I had the exact same file structure, but the files I used that worked the second time I compressed them are the exact same files I compressed the first time. I unpacked the pak file and used those files the second time I compressed it and it worked. So, something happened in the compression process.

Firstly, I want to say that this is not meant to be overly negative. I was able to follow your tutorial and got a positive result in the end, but it was a bit hard to follow.

However, for the tutorial it's mostly little bits of information that is inconsistent or missing. It's all minor things, but ultimately made it take much longer to follow. For example, your second and third step have an incorrect file structure. You put "Go to Game/Character/Biped/HeroicFemale/Hunter_F/_Model/HAIR/Ponytail_Loose" which is close, but initially confusing.

In the third step you mention double clicking the asset to view it to make sure it's the right one, but the program opens a dialog box asking what version of UE4 the game uses. So I had to use trial and error to figure that out. But, later in the tutorial you eventually mention it. However, you never say 4.26 is the version of UE4.

So it's just like little tiny things that I had to work around and use trial and error to figure out because some small details were missing that would have made it go much quicker.

I really appreciate your tutorial though, it got me exactly what I wanted and I use all of your mods which are amazing. So don't take this negatively, I am just explaining my experience and what I struggled with.

Edited by middlemonster
3 hours ago, middlemonster said:

Sorry, I don't have it any more. I think I followed your tutorial pretty well, considering. I am not sure what happened the first time I compressed it, because I had the exact same file structure, but the files I used that worked the second time I compressed them are the exact same files I compressed the first time. I unpacked the pak file and used those files the second time I compressed it and it worked. So, something happened in the compression process.

Firstly, I want to say that this is not meant to be overly negative. I was able to follow your tutorial and got a positive result in the end, but it was a bit hard to follow.

However, for the tutorial it's mostly little bits of information that is inconsistent or missing. It's all minor things, but ultimately made it take much longer to follow. For example, your second and third step have an incorrect file structure. You put "Go to Game/Character/Biped/HeroicFemale/Hunter_F/_Model/HAIR/Ponytail_Loose" which is close, but initially confusing.

In the third step you mention double clicking the asset to view it to make sure it's the right one, but the program opens a dialog box asking what version of UE4 the game uses. So I had to use trial and error to figure that out. But, later in the tutorial you eventually mention it. However, you never say 4.26 is the version of UE4.

So it's just like little tiny things that I had to work around and use trial and error to figure out because some small details were missing that would have made it go much quicker.

I really appreciate your tutorial though, it got me exactly what I wanted and I use all of your mods which are amazing. So don't take this negatively, I am just explaining my experience and what I struggled with.

I am not take it negatively.I am asking because you keep saying some information missing in my tutorial but you never mention what information is missing,I can’t help you or improve my tutorial without knowing it,that’s why I ask?.I don’t even realize I am missing “/Coda/“ in step two/three and the dialog box in step three until you told me.Now with your feedback I can fill the missing information in my tutorial.English is not my native language so if I say something that make you feel I am angry or upset about it,that will be a totally misunderstanding,and I am apologize about that.

2 hours ago, fakecheng said:

I am not take it negatively.I am asking because you keep saying some information missing in my tutorial but you never mention what information is missing,I can’t help you or improve my tutorial without knowing it,that’s why I ask?.I don’t even realize I am missing “/Coda/“ in step two/three and the dialog box in step three until you told me.Now with your feedback I can fill the missing information in my tutorial.English is not my native language so if I say something that make you feel I am angry or upset about it,that will be a totally misunderstanding,and I am apologize about that.

No worries, we all appreciate your work a lot. I am far too lazy to write any sort of tutorial and the fact that you did it in your non native language is laudable. I think your information is correct besides the one link to unrealpak not working for me.

48 minutes ago, gnarlyfug said:

No worries, we all appreciate your work a lot. I am far too lazy to write any sort of tutorial and the fact that you did it in your non native language is laudable. I think your information is correct besides the one link to unrealpak not working for me.

There are another member told me the download link of unrealpak doesn't work too but it's work for me so I don't know what's the problem with the link.I think I will just upload the tool to my post and leave the download source as well.Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by fakecheng
On 12/15/2022 at 10:52 AM, fakecheng said:

A quick mesh edit and hair swap to remove Magik helmet

---Magik Helmet remove mod---

Preview:

MagikNoHelmet.png.69ce5d668a84cc7f87a064e7a672ff5e.png

Default suit helmet and the suit are same mesh so if you are using my half nude mod,download half nude version instead.

I don't have midnight suns suit unlock so I can't provide preview or test the mod,let me know if the mod not working.

Download:

Default suit:pakchunk999-MagikDefHelmetRemove_P.pak

Default suit(half nude mod):pakchunk999-MagikHelmetRemoveHNude_P.pak

Phoenix Five:pakchunk999-MagikPFHelmetRemove_P.pak

Midnight Suns:pakchunk999-MagikMSHelmetRemove_P.pak

I made an account just to say : THANKS YOU !!

I was so bummed out by the ugly helmet. Ugh.

Now .... I may be an idiot buuuut .... how do I install these ?

Can someone point me to an explaination somewhere ?

31 minutes ago, Kaeru Sennin said:

I made an account just to say : THANKS YOU !!

I was so bummed out by the ugly helmet. Ugh.

Now .... I may be an idiot buuuut .... how do I install these ?

Can someone point me to an explaination somewhere ?

Put the pak file into your game install location\MidnightSuns\Content\Paks folder.

10 minutes ago, sypher723 said:

Nico PonyTail long

Nico_Ponytail_Front.png.1f0880a39ae8d650cfae5dffcc7239aa.pngNico_Ponytail_side.png.886562f1e1d69f2cc2a02f8ca1bd6981.png

pakchunk999-NicoPonytail_long_P.pak 1.34 MB · 2 downloads

(I'm playing on Low Res so I don't know  if it works on Normal/High)

Thank you very much fakecheng for the tutorial!

Just tested. It looks like the placement of the ponytail might be off? The back of Nico's skull clips through the ponytail itself, so it looks like she's bald in the back around the base of the ponytail.

I'll see what I can do tonight about that. thanks for testing

1 hour ago, poorinfantry said:

Just tested. It looks like the placement of the ponytail might be off? The back of Nico's skull clips through the ponytail itself, so it looks like she's bald in the back around the base of the ponytail.

12 hours ago, fakecheng said:

Cool, yeah, sometimes people on the internet can get real touchy. I always feel like I'm walking on egg shells typing any form of critique. I've just gotten used to preempting it.

On 12/18/2022 at 2:20 AM, gnarlyfug said:

The Supreme Three V2.1 - Redesign Triple Pack

• Improved normal maps from previous version, esp in the abdomen
  • Improved cut of some pieces of clothing (higher rise, better fit to shape of hips)
  • Changed color scheme for base MC Mar-Vell skin to match classic colors
  • Better skin tone match for all 3
  • V2.1 update includes a fix for hem of Nico's shirt & Magik's bellybutton definition

All in one:

pakchunk999-RedesignTriplePackV2_1_P.pak 152.54 MB · 49 downloads

Just Magik:

pakchunk999-MagikRedesign_V2_1_P.pak 50.66 MB · 22 downloads

Just Nico:

pakchunk999_NicoRedesign_V2_1_P.pak 56.59 MB · 21 downloads

Just Marvel:

pakchunk999-CMRedesign_V2_1_P.pak 45.29 MB · 29 downloads

V2v2.thumb.PNG.b85aee18766177c00878cb3e22b2502c.PNG

v21.thumb.PNG.4ca31a7bc95043dc466ffb371a6e0f27.PNGv22.thumb.PNG.7ea002cc8d9bd67323515b602882da7e.PNGv23.thumb.PNG.f3839bf7f68b5ab1ff8877e29053afb9.PNG

pakchunk999-RedesignTriplePackV2_1_P.pak 152.54 MB · 49 downloads

pakchunk999-MagikRedesign_V2_1_P.pak 50.66 MB · 22 downloads pakchunk999_NicoRedesign_V2_1_P.pak 56.59 MB · 21 downloads pakchunk999-CMRedesign_V2_1_P.pak 45.29 MB · 29 downloads

How difficult would it be to make Nico's shirt even more transparent? Or even remove the bra underneath? I've done some clothing mods in Sims 4, but never with this engine.

4 hours ago, sypher723 said:

I think the Long Pony tail is missing some other Pak to make it works perfectly.

because on the unmodel it looks good :

Long_ponyTail.png.4ec6df8a14d67f29ef687a6c0e101561.png

does anybody have any idea?

This hair shape simple not fit Nico head,it will involve mesh edit to fix the problem,but hair animation will lost after mesh edit which I don't know how to fix so only someone who has more knowledge on Unreal Engine modding can fix it.

Edited by fakecheng

Can someone use one of there mods to start a nexus page? Even one of the safe for work files. I feel you will get more people making mesh edits after seeing that mods are made for the game. I'd do it myself I just don't feel comfortable publishing someone else's mods and my own mods aren't for this game

18 minutes ago, darcyen said:

Can someone use one of there mods to start a nexus page? Even one of the safe for work files. I feel you will get more people making mesh edits after seeing that mods are made for the game. I'd do it myself I just don't feel comfortable publishing someone else's mods and my own mods aren't for this game

Agreed. Being on Nexus will put more eyes on the game and attract more potential modders.

1 hour ago, fakecheng said:

This hair shape simple not fit Nico head,it will involve mesh edit to fix the problem,but hair animation will lost after mesh edit which I don't know how to fix so only someone who has more knowledge on Unreal Engine modding can fix it.

I hate to ask, but is there any chance of getting a body swap for the hunter, with Nico's instead? It's not clear to me whether that's doable without making a real mess but I figured I'd ask.