Looks like I've hit another roadblock on my end.

I've exported one of the head models and made a test modification in Blender using the io_scene_psk_psa plugin. When imported to UE, packaged and compressed into a pak, it appears in the right place in umodel and seems to correctly reference the SKEL_Biped skeleton, but the material references don't seem to work (umodel returns some errors like "WARNING: Import(MI_HNTR_Head_Asian_01_M_Head) was not found in package /Game/MidnightSuns/Coda/Character/Biped/ThinMale/Hunter_M/_Model/Heads/Asian/MI_HNTR_Head_Asian_01_M_Head"). Also, while the bones and influences look correct, the sockets don't seem to be in the right places. In-game, the head model just doesn't display at all- not sure if that's related to the material problems or something completely different.

I must be importing or exporting the models incorrectly somehow, but switching around the settings hasn't yielded any progress so far.

Edit: Creating entirely new materials for the object in UE and those assigning texture maps gets rid of the umodel warnings, but the head model is still invisible in-game- so, I guess that must be an unrelated problem.

Edit: Finally found a solution: turns out, after importing the .psk into Blender, you need to set the scale of the object to 0.01 and also change the name of both the object and the armature to "armature", so that Blender doesn't add an extra bone at the root when exporting to .fbx. Apparently, the head wasn't actually invisible; it was just so gigantic that the game was placing it far up in the sky somewhere.

Edited by cobaltowl

Thanks for the @jmedia7 amazing work!I love the Magik mod but it's kind of weird to have Magik running into the battle or Abbey full naked so I made a half naked version.The texture and nipple are come from jmedia7 mod.I replace the basebody mesh and the nipple to the outfit directly without modify the basebody file so it should not clip through other oufits.

Magik.thumb.png.cdd165a3e8717c4e0a173be3115d0472.png

------Download------

Default Battle Suit:pakchunk999_MagikToplessBattle_P.pak

Default Casual Outfit:pakchunk999_MagikToplessCasual_P.pak

(Mod affect on all Magik TTop outfits, @Lalongo21 made a version only affect one outfit base on this mod,see here)

Swim Suit:pakchunk999_MagikToplessSwimSuit_P.pak

All-In-One:pakchunk999_MagikTopless_P.pak

Installation:Place the pak files in X:\steam\steamapps\common\Marvel's Midnight Suns\MidnightSuns\Content\Paks folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I am new to Unreal Engine modding.I try to replace Captain Marvel default hair with warbrid hair but the hair become static after I swap the mesh,is there any tutorial on how to swap hair mesh?

1.png.61557d9ff4ea4f0cc549ad4461df87ff.png

Edited by fakecheng
On 12/9/2022 at 12:20 PM, fakecheng said:

Thanks for the @jmedia7 amazing work!I love the Magik mod but it's kind of weird to have Magik running into the battle or Abbey full naked so I made a half naked version.The texture and nipple are come from jmedia7 mod.I replace the basebody mesh and the nipple to the outfit directly without modify the basebody file so it should not clip through other oufits.

Magik.thumb.png.cdd165a3e8717c4e0a173be3115d0472.png

------Download------

Default Battle Suit:pakchunk999_MagikToplessBattle_P.pak

Default Casual Outfit:pakchunk999_MagikToplessCasual_P.pak

Swim Suit:pakchunk999_MagikToplessSwimSuit_P.pak

All-In-One:pakchunk999_MagikTopless_P.pak

Installation:Place the pak files in X:\steam\steamapps\common\Marvel's Midnight Suns\MidnightSuns\Content\Paks folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I am new to Unreal Engine modding.I try to replace Captain Marvel default hair with warbrid hair but the hair become static after I swap the mesh,is there any tutorial on how to swap hair mesh?

1.png.61557d9ff4ea4f0cc549ad4461df87ff.png

This is perfect, I was looking for something that's not completely immersion breaking but still spices things up, the swimsuit one is great for that ❤️

I unlocked Scarlett Witch last night, so here's what it looks like for reference

Spoiler

scarlett-witch.png.ddfc3c547d2780e4507c036f2863fee4.png

I can also confirm your suspicion that she seems to share the same swimsuit model as Hunter and Captain Marvel. When I was using the nude model from jmedia7, her swimsuit is nude and has the clipping issues with the abbey outfits.

34 minutes ago, odhinn.foster said:

I unlocked Scarlett Witch last night, so here's what it looks like for reference

Reveal hidden contents

scarlett-witch.png.ddfc3c547d2780e4507c036f2863fee4.png

I can also confirm your suspicion that she seems to share the same swimsuit model as Hunter and Captain Marvel. When I was using the nude model from jmedia7, her swimsuit is nude and has the clipping issues with the abbey outfits.

I add your screenshot and the information you provided to my post.Thanks for the update!