{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

This should be interesting.  I was doing the same with the Elin (named) NPCs, but they just could not be cured of the dark head bug.  This is one of the reasons I'm starting over using a different approach.

Are you using the Elin New NPC mod with Elin NPC Extended?  That would explain the overlapping Elins.  The Elin NPC Extended is basically Elin New NPC + additional leveled Elin replacers so if using NPC Extended, you have to uninstall or, at least, disable the New NPC plugin.

I don't use Immersive First Person View so I can't help you with that, sorry.

Hmm, one of my own little projects doesn't seem to be working out so well. Might you know how I should go about replacing assigned head parts with Elin counterparts? I acquired the Yousei-san Follower, a little fairy follower that looks rather... unsettling, to say the least, with its Nord headparts. I thought I'd try replacing some of its meshes, textures, and HDPT files to change it to an Elin head, and right now she has an Elin head mesh, Elin eyes, and Elin brows. But the original Nord face texture is still being applied to her head so she's lacking the proper Elin head coloring and has Nord eye slits on her forehead, a Nord nose texture between her eyes, and Nord lips for a moustache. And the teeth are still situated where they are on a normal human head mesh, so they're just floating in front of where her face is.

I'm a little iffy on just changing the race this time - the fairy uses its own race and is set to use flame atronach animations and such, so I'm afraid of breaking the entire thing by changing the race.

What I'm basically trying to figure out is how to change the race to get it to use the Elin parts, I suppose.

Then what you can do is replace her headparts and texture sets with those from the Elin race.  She uses the head mesh and morphs from the Nord race.  You need to go through the HDPTs and replace not only the head mesh, but also the Race Morph, Tri, and Chargen Morph.  If you share those files with the Elin race then she can only be used if you have the Elins installed.  If you want her standalone then move the necessary Elin files to her folder and change the file links in the HDPTs, Armor, Armor Addon, Texture Sets, and Race form to use her new (Elin) files.

EDIT

You will also have to do the same with the Eye and Brow Meshes along with their morphs (just like the head), their eye and brow textures sets, and finally her hair.

Hmm, so the settings responsible were in the Race entry. Had to remove the mouth Additional Head Part and the Nord face detail texture set. But now I'm going to need to figure out how to assign her the proper replacements, I think?

Or maybe not, does she even need visible teeth when she's so tiny? I definitely need to figure out how to set it so she has the proper head texture, though.

Alright, trying to get the proper head texture onto her without changing her race to Elin is my next challenge. Nothing I've tried has worked so far.

Aw, geez... I'm probably making a giant mess of this ESP.

Hmm, so the settings responsible were in the Race entry. Had to remove the mouth Additional Head Part and the Nord face detail texture set. But now I'm going to need to figure out how to assign her the proper replacements, I think?

Or maybe not, does she even need visible teeth when she's so tiny? I definitely need to figure out how to set it so she has the proper head texture, though.

Alright, trying to get the proper head texture onto her without changing her race to Elin is my next challenge. Nothing I've tried has worked so far.

If you already edited the texture sets to use the Elin body and head textures, did you assign those texture to Yousei in the Race form?

Did you copy the Elin files to Yousei's folder?  Then you will need to change the texture paths in the head and body meshes.

I just installed Tera Elin Race mainpack 1.4 and  Option_NewElinBodies_BBP-TBBP_v2  and I notice it overwrite alot of files (such as skeleton,animation and especially the charactermakingextender folder).My question is will it affect the appearance of my old character and old CME saves ? 

The New Elin bodies contains BBP and TBBP skeleton and animation files, depending on which Elin body you choose to install.  These (T)BBP skeleton and animation files are the same as what is used for other races.  The Elin skeletons are located in their own folders.  I had to include the original (T)BBP skeletons in their original folders so that people can use (T)BBP armor without crashing.

The CharacterMakingExtender folder contains the CME_VanillaRaces configuration file to add some of the ECE sliders for the Elins.  Ignore the CommonTriRaces folder and the Presets folder that are included.  I don't remember exactly why they were included, but the files are the same as those from ECE so nothing will "break" you old CME saves.

The only difference is the CME_VanillaRaces.ini and that only adds the Elin race.

Hmh. Is there a way to use the custom idle animation on a non-Elin race with the PC Animation path? I'm not familiar with how FNIS or .hkx files work.

Basically, you will need to make the idle animation work with all race then use PCAP to restrict it to the pc.  My knowledge with animations is limited.

Regarding "so if using NPC Extended, you have to uninstall or, at least, disable the New NPC plugin." Not true. I just deleted the Elins already covered in the New npc from the extended npc .esp and they work together. I chose to do this since using the extended npc .esp I noticed that at least in white run, the elin npcs were loading, but not executing their scripts as they did with the original new npc .esp

Yes I did try the Elin NPC extended without Elin New NPC. And i would reccomend going with the 4 elin replacer files since the extended npc file seems to have poopy Elin AI execution in regards to town elin npcs. (when compared with the original Elin New NPC file.

Did you copy the Elin files to Yousei's folder?  Then you will need to change the texture paths in the head and body meshes.

If you already edited the texture sets to use the Elin body and head textures, did you assign those texture to Yousei in the Race form?

For the HDPT, I just changed it to point to the head nif and tri files in the 2chelin fix folder. The Yousei follower doesn't come with its own head mesh, instead simply using the vanilla directories for the Nord head, (although it comes with its own head texture, which I tried replacing to no effect). I tried loading the fairy with the Elin esm as a dependency so I could add the SkinHeadFemaleElin1 face details texture set to the Yousei race, but that didn't appear to change anything on the face. I'm not sure what else there is for me to edit in here.

Oop. I found it. The culprit was the skintone.dds file included with the Yousei. I changed the race to point to the same skintone file the Elin race does, and that fixed it. That and some of my miscellaneous other changes that may or may not have actually done anything, I can't be sure.

And here we have my current form of the Yousei Follower:

VM94HRg.jpg

Her neck might be a mite too short. I wonder what I can do about that?

If only there was a big ol' hair bow mod I could use. I can't call her truly Cirno until she has a big ol' hair ribbon.

Incidentally, the fairy has the female child voice set, preventing you from actually using her as a follower unless you change it. That is, normally. With EFF's Mind Control spell that turns any NPC into a follower, she works without a hitch!

I have a large hair ribbon that's part of a dress, but it will take awhile to find it...if I can find it.

If you want to alter the length of her neck, you will have to edit the  z-position of the Neck node from her skeleton.  The problem is she shares the skeleton with the Elin race.  The solution is to copy the skeleton to her Meshes folder then in her Race form, change the default skeleton path to use her own.  Now you can edit her skeleton without affecting the other Elins.

I just installed Tera Elin Race mainpack 1.4 and  Option_NewElinBodies_BBP-TBBP_v2  and I notice it overwrite alot of files (such as skeleton,animation and especially the charactermakingextender folder).My question is will it affect the appearance of my old character and old CME saves ? 

The New Elin bodies contains BBP and TBBP skeleton and animation files, depending on which Elin body you choose to install.  These (T)BBP skeleton and animation files are the same as what is used for other races.  The Elin skeletons are located in their own folders.  I had to include the original (T)BBP skeletons in their original folders so that people can use (T)BBP armor without crashing.

The CharacterMakingExtender folder contains the CME_VanillaRaces configuration file to add some of the ECE sliders for the Elins.  Ignore the CommonTriRaces folder and the Presets folder that are included.  I don't remember exactly why they were included, but the files are the same as those from ECE so nothing will "break" you old CME saves.

The only difference is the CME_VanillaRaces.ini and that only adds the Elin race.

Hmh. Is there a way to use the custom idle animation on a non-Elin race with the PC Animation path? I'm not familiar with how FNIS or .hkx files work.

Basically, you will need to make the idle animation work with all race then use PCAP to restrict it to the pc.  My knowledge with animations is limited.

Thanks for your answer <3

I actually discovered the Saber Lily armor set includes a hair ribbon , but I'd still like to see what I could work out with that ribbon, so could you send me a link?

Editing the fairy's skeleton won't be a problem, she's still set to use her own unique skeleton. I just didn't know what node and what value I had to edit.

On a side note, seems the fairy comes with a desperation spell to summon another fairy at under half health, this one an ice fairy with blue hair and all... seems I'm not the only who wanted to make a Cirno. But these edits seem to completely mess up this ice fairy, it still has the old head shape and hair mesh even though the Ice Fairy entry in the CK looks fine, so her eyes float in front of her face... eugh. I removed the spell from the first fairy's spell list.

I experimented with changing the spell for the player to use and make it just summon my edited fairy with a permanent duration, but the resulting summon had zombie voice clips. Welp, can't use that. Plus I can't give conjured minions clothes to wear, anyhoo.

Not too picky about the exact shape of the hair bow, as long as it looks like one. A ribbon is best, but Leather Bear is already a nice size and might suit my purposes just fine, after a little vertex moving in Outfit Studio to account for the Elin head shape. Although for whatever bloody reason the bow seems to have a hair attached to it. Gonna have to get rid of that.

Hmm, on closer inspection, instead of being a solid color, the bow seems to have alpha in the texture, meant to make it look like butterfly wings, but the nif doesn't have an alpha property for some reason. And the bow's got marks on it where the patterns would be, that remain as black spots because of the alpha if I don't add the property. I think I'll try out the Saber Lily bow first and mess with the others if it doesn't work out well.

Well, it ain't quite perfect yet, but hair bow get. Still need to adjust the exact shade of blue I want, and it still needs a little moving to get it in the right place. After that, I'll have to create a new item in my merged armor esp so I don't need to install the whole Saber Lily set just for the bow. Thought I'd recolor some of the eye textures to better suit her while I was at it, too.

Ty43zVc.jpg

Now then... I wonder if it'd be possible to take the ice spike mesh and repurpose it to create Cirno's ice wings...

Dese things.

XmGkJiT.jpg

I'd also like to recolor the torchbug light she uses for her fairy glow to be a blue one, but I couldn't figure that one out at all.

Just out of curiousity, what's the ETA on the next Rev of Elin? i recall you mentioning on working on 1.5, I'm not at all interested in the realistic faces for 2.0, however there are a few bugs that've caught my attention on Rev 1.4; namely:

Clipping of the HairElinFemale01 (bob cut with cat ears) it cuts a small half circle on the left side of the hair going along the back of the head towards the neck.

Mismatched ears/tail on HairElinFemale06B It gives a bunny tail and fox ears... ought to be the type two bunny ears.

I'm considering reworking the addon .esps for the elins to fix a few of the aforementioned bugs we caught awhile back (whiterun guard not being there for redguards and such).

As well as just a general rework of the elins themselves now that i have abit more experience with CK.

Thanks again for your hard work on all of this~

I'm still working on 1.5 and I can't give an ETA; I'm always coming across something that needs to be fixed or redone.  Right now I'm remaking the body meshes as I'm editing Grootama's skeletons.  

post-64505-0-12263600-1394825019_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-61151400-1394825019_thumb.jpg

Opinions on the hand scaling.  The one thing that irritated me was the fat wrists and long arms so I edited the arm and hand scaling.  It's not unnaturally large. at least not to me.

I've come across some problems with the bow and arrow alignments.  I was hoping to avoid an major editing of the skeleton, but it looks like I might have to do just that.

Expect some of the Elin hairs to clip.  I'll have a look at the odd pairing of the fox ears and bunny tail.

As for the missing Whiterun guard, I found out that if one of the guards that help fight the dragon in the beginning of the game happens to die, the guard that is suppose to be arguing with the 2 Redguards will be missing.  My guess is that all of Irelith's guards need to be present for the dialogues to happen after you absorb the dragon soul.  If one them dies then a guard from Whiterun is used as a replacement.

I can confirm this when the last time I fought the first dragon, one of the guards died.  After absorbing the dragon soul the remaining guards just stood there silently.  Eventually, a guard ran up to me and intiated the "Your Dragonborn..." dialogue.  Later, I noticed the 2 Redguards talking, but no Whiterun guard present.

Originally the arms were too long and contributed to the bow/arrow misalignment.

post-64505-0-62595400-1394886815_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-21848900-1394886816_thumb.jpg

Shortening her arms helped with the alignment, but only so much.  I can lengthen the arms somewhere between what it is now and it's original length.

The upperarm and forearm are proportionately identical to the original; both have the same scaling.  If the upperarm was scaled differently than the forearm, the arm would be crooked at the elbow.

EDIT

I think the long legs make the arms look too short.  I'll test some different leg lengths.

Is anyone having problems with bow animations and some magic casting animations when using Groovtama's Extended skeletons?  I'm thinking whatever is edited or added to the xpms 1.93a set is somehow causing it because when I revert back to the same skeleton from the v1.93a pack, the animation glitches disappear.  This was only a cursory test so I'll have to investigate further before I decide what to include with Elin v2.