{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Either the problem is the sword mesh or you need to run the patcher again.

It affect ALL weapons. Not some single one sword...

<snip>

You can try a different DSR-compatible weapons mod.  Uninstall what you are using and install some of the other weapons set, run the DSR patcher, and see if the problem persists.

If the problem goes away, the cause was the weapons you were using when the bug occured.

If the problem persist, the causes could be the DSR patcher, mod conflict with something else you have installed, or a peculiar bug.

Ah I can't wait for the hair pack! ^^ I've been wanting a new hairpack for awhile. I use the regular hairs the mod gives you... for some reason Apachii and etc. doesn't like my elin's head.. and meshes wierdly. =/

Oh is the Elin mod compatible with ECE or Race Menu? Face wise? Like.. I want to try making my elin face alittle more cuter, but can't really seem to do anything have the same face. Like I can change the eye position and stuff but not really detailed things... basically I want to try making my elin face into a monli-like face.

New hair pack?  I guess you mean the updates because Lux77 updated here hairs, also, I'm thinking of replacing the Numenume hairs with the original J hairs which contains some of the hairs Numenume added to his hair pack.

Elin 1.x is not compatible with the extra face sliders from ECE and RaceMenu.  Elin 2.x does come with it's own CME morphs so there will be some extra face sliders for ECE and RaceMenu.

Is this what you want to achieve?

attachicon.gifmonlin.jpg

Like that yeah, Oh so I just need to download Elin 2.x? And I can somewhat do that? I think I have 2.x... not sure.. I'll check it out.

Yeah like, in one of the request threads, I requested that TES lV Oblivion hair mod. Half of the hairs made the elin bald, but the other half worked. And yeah it's off nexus now. =( Heck even the hair style SmokerMegaDrive has in his/her profile picture is good enough. XD

After many days of headscratching I somehow managed to change Elin Serana's hair and apply the dawnguard vampire eye texture to her eyes too without breaking everything! Yay! As for how, I have no idea actually.....I think creation kit just finally gave up being stubborn with me.

2afbf3o.jpg

In other news I've given up on creating an Elin-replacer plugin for Tel Nalta or turning the ESP file into an ESM. ESMifying the file seems to break everything and still doesn't allow the elin replacer plugin to function. I think I'll just edit and save the changes directly into the original file. 

I uploaded a beta of Elin 2.  It's standalone (works with Elin v1.4 without conflicts) and requires ECE, but I tested it with RaceMenu+Chargen+ECE and had good results.  Yes, you can make CME Slot saves and transfer the facegen to an npc.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-beta-elin-bard-v21-tera-elin-race/?p=665966

It's labeled Elin v2, but I'm attempting to merge Elin 1 and 2 and release that as "Elin v2".  However, if the results prove problematic for the work put in it then I'll just continue work on Elin 2 and release that as Elin v2.

The Oblivian hairs do have issues with Elin 1.4 so I'll have to test them on Elin 2.  I mentioned in a past comment that the SG 120 hairs had better results with Elin 2.  I'm hoping the Oblivian hairs are the same way.

As for a vampire lord replacer fitting for an Elin, that is something I never thought about doing before because I always go werewolf.  What type of replacer?  Keeping the Elin looking the same except with bat wings?  An anime/kawaii vampire?  I'll have to test this out when I have the opportunity.

After many days of headscratching I somehow managed to change Elin Serana's hair and apply the dawnguard vampire eye texture to her eyes too without breaking everything! Yay! As for how, I have no idea actually.....I think creation kit just finally gave up being stubborn with me.

2afbf3o.jpg

In other news I've given up on creating an Elin-replacer plugin for Tel Nalta or turning the ESP file into an ESM. ESMifying the file seems to break everything and still doesn't allow the elin replacer plugin to function. I think I'll just edit and save the changes directly into the original file. 

She looks great, good job.

I've had mixed results ESMifying a plugin.  Instead, go for "Copy to ESM" since that is what I do whenenver I have to edit the ElinRace.esm in CK; never had problems using the "Copy to..." option plus you still have the plugin or master for backup or further editing.

Really, I'd settle for anything. No Vampire Lord replacers work with the Elin race, unless it was a full model replacement.

Maybe use a adult sized body that scales well with the Elin head?

I'd avoid using any VL skeleton that has BBP-TBBP bones. I always got that infinite stretch glitch, until I spammed the bats ability. But that's just me. 

Also, did the Elin vampire eyes esm get merged into the current version? Still using 1.3c until v2 is out, or when I have to reinstall Skyrim.

That said, will the v2 Elins absolutely require ECE? I still like using Racemenu.

Ah yay! I upgraded to the 2.x BETA and it seems like I got like.. 10 more hairs I can use! ^^ I downloaded couple of hair mods because it was a requirement for some other mods, but I couldn't use the hairs on the old version. ^^

Oh also.. well.. this really isn't a "Request" thread but.. is there an eyepatch mod that'll fit the elins? I tried the Kankaraya eyepatches and they don't quite fit the elins.

Thanks for answering Psycho! ^^

Really, I'd settle for anything. No Vampire Lord replacers work with the Elin race, unless it was a full model replacement.

Maybe use a adult sized body that scales well with the Elin head?

I'd avoid using any VL skeleton that has BBP-TBBP bones. I always got that infinite stretch glitch, until I spammed the bats ability. But that's just me. 

Also, did the Elin vampire eyes esm get merged into the current version? Still using 1.3c until v2 is out, or when I have to reinstall Skyrim.

That said, will the v2 Elins absolutely require ECE? I still like using Racemenu.

I know the infinite stretching glitch can be fixed.  If you are using ENBoost, open enblocal.ini and look for "WaitBusyRender=false".  Change it to "WaitBusyRender=true".  I believe HydrogenHDT released an HDT update that eliminates the need to edit WaitBusyRender.  Maybe in due time Groovtama will update his skeleton pack with the HDT update.

The Elin vampire eyes did not get merged.  It won't work with 1.4?

I didn't test Elin 2 with just RaceMenu or RaceMenu+Chargen Extension.  If RaceMenu will recognize the CME files then the Elin 2 face sliders will work.

Ah yay! I upgraded to the 2.x BETA and it seems like I got like.. 10 more hairs I can use! ^^ I downloaded couple of hair mods because it was a requirement for some other mods, but I couldn't use the hairs on the old version. ^^

Oh also.. well.. this really isn't a "Request" thread but.. is there an eyepatch mod that'll fit the elins? I tried the Kankaraya eyepatches and they don't quite fit the elins.

Thanks for answering Psycho! ^^

Hairs still need to be converted for Elin 2 and not all will have favorable results (SG 220 and 268 for example).

Did you try the eyepatch with Elin 2?

An anime/kawaii vampire?  

Yes. Please. 

Having casually played around with the CK myself I know this is probably next to impossible (at least for me) but what about something straight out of Tera?

Tera%20Online%20Dark%20Elin%20Reaper%20C

20140102044711a0do8jrymvo8br6p.jpg

Elin Reapers~<3

Or I'd settle for plain cuteness. I know whatever you produce will be awesome. 

I don't know if this might help but this mod exists - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25321/?

Unfortunately it replaces bodies with either full sized vanilla, UNP or BBP bodies. Though it must be possible to swap that out with an Elin body with some tweaking. What tweaking that would involve is beyond me. 

EDIT: Oh, they've also got lion ears and tails now. 

Elin Reapers.  Goth taken to a whole new level.  Looks very interesting, but if I don't have the models for the ears/tails, hair, wings, and outfit, I'll have to look around for a suitable alternative.

I have the hair.

post-64505-0-07028900-1393333302_thumb.jpg

I have to look, but I think I also have bat wings (needs retexture).

Hairs still need to be converted for Elin 2 and not all will have favorable results (SG 220 and 268 for example).

Did you try the eyepatch with Elin 2?

I did and it still didn't work... unless I installed the elin mod wrong.. Wait now I'm worried. XD Okay so to install Elin 2.x all I did was download the mod, uninstalled 1.4?(I think I was using 1.4) and installed 2.x. That's right right?

Yes. Please. 

Having casually played around with the CK myself I know this is probably next to impossible (at least for me) but what about something straight out of Tera?

Tera%20Online%20Dark%20Elin%20Reaper%20C

20140102044711a0do8jrymvo8br6p.jpg

Elin Reapers~<3

Or I'd settle for plain cuteness. I know whatever you produce will be awesome. 

I don't know if this might help but this mod exists - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25321/?

Unfortunately it replaces bodies with either full sized vanilla, UNP or BBP bodies. Though it must be possible to swap that out with an Elin body with some tweaking. What tweaking that would involve is beyond me. 

EDIT: Oh, they've also got lion ears and tails now. 

Well that's interesting for the vampire lord and freaking cute, about the mod i used for my first elin the elin pretty much gain an adult body and a misplaced meshes in the nose  (while using the crown option) but i didn't used before for the elin v1.4

About the replacement wing and ear, some morrigan outfit will be a good alternative those mods most of the time include that

I happened to find, in my stash of Elin files, a mod that I thought was an early version of Elin New NPC, but it looks like it adds far more leveled npcs.  So I went ahead and merged this with the Elin New NPC mod (I'm done merging Elin NPC and Elin Enemy with the master file).  I'll do some testing myself, but since I'm practically starting from the beginning of the game, I need anyone further in the game to test this.

Elin Race NPC Extended - BETA

• Requires Elin 1.4.
  • If you have Elin New NPC installed, you will need to uninstall it before installing NPC Extended.
  • Suggest creating a new save before uninstalling Elin New NPC then overwrite with another save before installing ElinRace NPC Extended.
  • If experiencing CTD, likely it's because of the additional Elins spawning in some places.
  • Available for now as a BSA because it's a large mod (~2.8GB loose files / ~705MB BSA).

https://mega.co.nz/#!5NoAAY7Q!S5ZbGY_XeGu1UM1q_1OgfC1aqQe8oHkaLBxOTeM1HY8

NOTE

This adds new npcs (friendly and enemies) and does not contain the named npc replacer.

Feedback would be nice so that I can decide to add this (or not) with Elin 1.5 or Elin v2.

<<<<<<<<<<---+--->>>>>>>>>>

@fundementals

You do not need to uninstall v1.4, Elin 2 beta will work along side with v1.4.

If the eyepatch will not properly fit even Elin 2 then the eyepatch mesh needs to be repositioned.

I have other mods besides this one that I need to run FNIS for. If I install this, though, it overwrites one of the FNIS files that's been previously generated and makes my game CTD before it even gets to the menu, without fail. I've already reinstalled Skyrim twice today trying to get this to work. Do I need to just install this before I run FNIS for the first time (on a clean install)? Or is there an older download that I can use that just uses FNIS?

This is probably far more due to me being an idiot than anything else, but I'd still appreciate any help.

I happened to find, in my stash of Elin files, a mod that I thought was an early version of Elin New NPC, but it looks like it adds far more leveled npcs.  So I went ahead and merged this with the Elin New NPC mod (I'm done merging Elin NPC and Elin Enemy with the master file).  I'll do some testing myself, but since I'm practically starting from the beginning of the game, I need anyone further in the game to test this.

• Requires Elin 1.4.
  • If you have Elin New NPC installed, you will need to uninstall it before installing NPC Extended.
  • Suggest creating a new save before uninstalling Elin New NPC then overwrite with another save before installing ElinRace NPC Extended.
  • If experiencing CTD, likely it's because of the additional Elins spawning in some places.
  • Available for now as a BSA because it's a large mod (~2.8GB loose files / ~705MB BSA).

NOTE

This adds new npcs (friendly and enemies) and does not contain the named npc replacer.

Feedback would be nice so that I can decide to add this (or not) with Elin 1.5 or Elin v2.

@fundementals

If the eyepatch will not properly fit even Elin 2 then the eyepatch mesh needs to be repositioned.

I am willing to test this but uh, by "does not contain the named npc replacer". Does that means npcs like Lydia and such arent elins? If so thats sad (I liked those).

I can't do it, I can't add Elins to my leveled lists, then I'd have to kill them!

I'm that way unless my pc and followers are Elins then it doesn't seem so bad.

I have other mods besides this one that I need to run FNIS for. If I install this, though, it overwrites one of the FNIS files that's been previously generated and makes my game CTD before it even gets to the menu, without fail. I've already reinstalled Skyrim twice today trying to get this to work. Do I need to just install this before I run FNIS for the first time (on a clean install)? Or is there an older download that I can use that just uses FNIS?

This is probably far more due to me being an idiot than anything else, but I'd still appreciate any help.

The Elin race, itself, does not need FNIS, however, the optional Elin Idle requires FNIS so you will need to run FNIS Generator for Users after installing the idle animation.

Elin Bard is trickier as it was meant to be used in games that don't need FNIS.  I had to make the needed files for use in games that use FNIS, but the bard needs to be installed after running the FNIS generator for all other mods that require it.  

• Requires Elin 1.4.

NOTE

@fundementals

I am willing to test this but uh, by "does not contain the named npc replacer". Does that means npcs like Lydia and such arent elins? If so thats sad (I liked those).

The Elin NPC Extended only contains the New NPC mod plus the extra leveled npcs.  I made that statement because I thought people were going to think the Extended mod contains all of the files from Elin NPC and Enemy.  You can still install Elin NPC replacer and Elin Enemy replacer, just not the Elin New NPC.

Anyway, last night I did some testing of the new ElinRace.esm containing the hairs and Elin NPC and Enemy mod (except Elin New NPC).  Nothing.  No additional Elins in the game except from the Extended mod.  Examined the master file in CK and with TES5edit and didn't find any errors with the exception of some missing headparts and clothing for some of the npcs.  Without boring anyone with details, I've decided not to integrate the replacers with the ElinRace.esm.

Now I need to fix the Elin NPC and Enemy mods since I integrated ElinRaceTaint with the master file and now the Elin replacers are sporting the default hairs and dark heads.

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it."  Need to keep telling myself that.

I can't do it, I can't add Elins to my leveled lists, then I'd have to kill them!

I'm that way unless my pc and followers are Elins then it doesn't seem so bad.

The Elin race, itself, does not need FNIS, however, the optional Elin Idle requires FNIS so you will need to run FNIS Generator for Users after installing the idle animation.

Elin Bard is trickier as it was meant to be used in games that don't need FNIS.  I had to make the needed files for use in games that use FNIS, but the bard needs to be installed after running the FNIS generator for all other mods that require it.  

• Requires Elin 1.4.

NOTE

@fundementals

The Elin NPC Extended only contains the New NPC mod plus the extra leveled npcs.  I made that statement because I thought people were going to think the Extended mod contains all of the files from Elin NPC and Enemy.  You can still install Elin NPC replacer and Elin Enemy replacer, just not the Elin New NPC.

Anyway, last night I did some testing of the new ElinRace.esm containing the hairs and Elin NPC and Enemy mod (except Elin New NPC).  Nothing.  No additional Elins in the game except from the Extended mod.  Examined the master file in CK and with TES5edit and didn't find any errors with the exception of some missing headparts and clothing for some of the npcs.  Without boring anyone with details, I've decided not to integrate the replacers with the ElinRace.esm.

Now I need to fix the Elin NPC and Enemy mods since I integrated ElinRaceTaint with the master file and now the Elin replacers are sporting the default hairs and dark heads.

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it."  Need to keep telling myself that.

Thank you for your answer, and for your hard work too! Guess I better wait.

Ah, I see where my mistake was - I thought the Bard file WAS the main race file and as such have been downloading the wrong thing this whole time. Thanks for the help!