{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

I tried copying files from each one into the data folder and checking.  But I'm getting no change at all the scaling.

If I install everything from scratch through NMM the scaling is fine, however when manually putting in the skeleton to fix for DSR it jumps right to the 1.0 scaling, even if I attempt to Copy/paste those master files into the data folder.

I install everything through NMM, then run DSR patch, but that causes the "Sword in the ground" glitch, so I manually put in the skeleton file and then the scaling file.  After putting in the skeleton file, it ignores the scaling file it seems, since no matter which scale folder I pull files from, there's no change in the scale.  Also, so far, the only way I can reset the scale is to uninstall every mod, and then reinstall to the point before skeleton file was added manually. (Or backup my mesh folder and reinsert it.)

I can make a custom package for you.  I just need to know what scaling you are using and which skeleton option, also, are you using the non-nude or nude Tera body or the custom bodies from the New Elin Body pack.

Or you can do the same, copy the core (main) files into a separate folder then add whichever options you want for your Elin.  You can either manually copy the files to your Data folder or pack them into an archive and install with NMM.  Run the patcher.

Odd that this is happening.

EDIT

Here try this, it has the main files and includes:

• x0.8 scaling
  • Default skeleton
  • Non-nude Tera body
  • Race Compatibility.esm, but not the USKP patch for Race Compatibility.

ElinRace 1.4 Custom Pack.7z

You can add the custom CBBE or UNP body, they will not overwrite the Tera body rather make the Elin use the new body.

I just tried installing everything one at a time and checking to see what happens.  I don't know what happened at all... But now as long as I leave the Lin and Elin follower mods off, the scaling is fine.  I don't think I'll mess with that for now... Thanks for all the help though.

I see now, the problem is the Elin followers Mi Ya, Yi Ka and Rem.  When installing them, you also need to install their scaling option and that option needs to match what you chose for your playable Elin.  The reason is their plugins contain some of the race records from ElinRace.esm and so if their scaling is different, it will override the whole race.

If you reinstall the Elin followers and install the same scaling (x0.8), your Elin will be unaffected.

The Lin follower has no affect on the Elin race.

FYI to everyone.  Groovtama released his edits of the XPMS skeleton sets with some additional goodies.  One of them are extra ECE sliders for "TAIL" scaling and positioning among others.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

If you decide to install one of his edited xpms skeletons, remember to copy the skeleton to Meshes > Actors > 2chelin Fix and rename the file "skeletonfemale.nif".

Also, because those skeletons have not been edited for changing the "look" of the Elin, she will likely look like she as a human body.  Just tweak the body sliders to your liking.

I'll have to make all new bodies to make use of Groovtama's skeletons.

Hello Sayamonz,

I plan on using Groovtama's XPMS Extended (see the post above yours) which does have 1-H swords on back.  I thought scythes are 2-H weapons and appear on the back regardless of what skeleton is used.

Regarding the update, I was hoping to release a beta by tomorrow, but I ran into problems with the hair conversions.  Odd that they fitted properly in the early stages of the update, but now that the main files are done, the hairs are now having clipping issues.  

Elin 2 will take longer than expected.  I'm basically starting everything from scratch because my game kept crashing when running Elin 2 and even Elin 1.4 (didn't checked the little Monli) so I uninstalled everything and updated MO, Wrye Bash, and TES5edit.

So as I'm reinstalling some basic mods, I decided that this would be a good excuse to skip the Elin update and proceed to Girls of Tera.  The GT Elins will be human in appearance with the exception of their all new Elin bodies.  If anyone is not familiar with Girls of Tera, this will be a multi-race mod featuring the Elins, Castanics, High Elves, and (maybe) humans.  

If anyone with modeling skills can help out, I would like to also add the Amani (I have the models).

Of course if demand for Elin 2 is high enough, I can resume work on that, but will have to start over.  

Elin 2 will take longer than expected.  I'm basically starting everything from scratch because my game kept crashing when running Elin 2 and even Elin 1.4 (didn't checked the little Monli) so I uninstalled everything and updated MO, Wrye Bash, and TES5edit.

So as I'm reinstalling some basic mods, I decided that this would be a good excuse to skip the Elin update and proceed to Girls of Tera.  The GT Elins will be human in appearance with the exception of their all new Elin bodies.  If anyone is not familiar with Girls of Tera, this will be a multi-race mod featuring the Elins, Castanics, High Elves, and (maybe) humans.  

If anyone with modeling skills can help out, I would like to also add the Amani (I have the models).

Of course if demand for Elin 2 is high enough, I can resume work on that, but will have to start over.  

nice keep up the great work, can't wait to see how it turns out, oh i'd like to cast a vote for elin 2.0 :)

I just may give Elin 2 another chance.  After wiping the slate clean, updating MO, having Steam fix the game files and installing a backup of the (very) basic Elin 2 files, the game is running better and the Elin 2-Apachii hairs are no longer glitching.

I'll get back to making a beta release.

hi, PsychMachinaa

I wonder is it possible to customize the body's shape? I've tried the default body and CBBE, none of them can let me edit the body's shape in ECE.

I can only adjust the head size, height and neck length. There is a breast option, but no effect at all(though I don't need this since I like small breast).

Also, I can't find any description about what Elin Bard does. I installed it and I don't see any change. Would you please tell me what is it actually?

Thank you for your work! I really like this mod!

sorry for my poor english

Hi, I wanted to thank you and everybody else who've contributed to the mod collection, but mainly you for bringing it all together. I just managed to wrangle everything into my game (which already had about 30 other mods), praying that it'd all work out. And it did! I've always been a fan of the Elins in Tera and ever since my internet connection's slowed down to sub-online-game levels I've had to make do without Tera and my Elin slayer and Popori sorcerer. But now I've got'em in skyrim!

Oh what I would give to see Elin quests and storylines in Skyrim. 

Anyhow, thanks ever so much. You've made my day, and a good few more to come from the looks of it. 

A little helping hand for anyone here who wants to change races to Elin mid-game without losing all your stats and perks: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20394/?

Be sure to save before you try it and check your stats and perks after changing your race. If it doesn't work the first time reload and try it again. Also, note that legendary skills will lose their legendary status regardless. 

Almost done with Elin 2 beta, creating/editing all those texture and headparts lists is tedious.  When will it be ready?  Maybe tomorrow, maybe over the weekend, not exactly sure.

hi, PsychMachinaa

I wonder is it possible to customize the body's shape? I've tried the default body and CBBE, none of them can let me edit the body's shape in ECE.

I can only adjust the head size, height and neck length. There is a breast option, but no effect at all(though I don't need this since I like small breast).

Also, I can't find any description about what Elin Bard does. I installed it and I don't see any change. Would you please tell me what is it actually?

Thank you for your work! I really like this mod!

sorry for my poor english

Hello Chriswong0501,

The problem is the skeleton.  It's XPMS and edited to work with ECE, but I've come to realize that changing the scaling and positions of the body nodes will render certain body sliders useless (not appearing or working).

You can use the latest XPMS (at Nexus) or Groovtama's XPMS Extended (here at LL; see the link in an earlier post), but the body will look more human than Elin.  That is because the Elin bodies and skeletons I uploaded are meant to be used together to recreate the Elin body.  I'm planning on making all new bodies that work with non-Elin scaled, XPMS skeletons.

The information for the Elin Bard is located just under the Youtube vid in the original post.  Most of the needed information can be seen by clicking on the SPOILER button.  The only thing missing is some in-game information so here it is:

The Elin Bard is an npc found in the Bard's College (lower level near the dining area).  When you speak with her, you will be given a dialogue option to have her play the violin for you.  Choose that option and the music will start.  She will proceed to play the violin, but the music and her animation will continue to loop until you speak with her again.  When she stops, you will receive the bow an violin (check your Armor inventory).  Equipping the violin will enable your Elin to play the animation and music; go into your inventory and unequip the violin to stop.  If you play the violin near other Elins, you will receive food and some of the Elins will react to your violin-playing.  Not all Elins will react, though all will applaud when you're done, this was intentional, but you will still receive food from each Elin.  

Hi, I wanted to thank you and everybody else who've contributed to the mod collection, but mainly you for bringing it all together. I just managed to wrangle everything into my game (which already had about 30 other mods), praying that it'd all work out. And it did! I've always been a fan of the Elins in Tera and ever since my internet connection's slowed down to sub-online-game levels I've had to make do without Tera and my Elin slayer and Popori sorcerer. But now I've got'em in skyrim!

Oh what I would give to see Elin quests and storylines in Skyrim. 

Anyhow, thanks ever so much. You've made my day, and a good few more to come from the looks of it. 

A little helping hand for anyone here who wants to change races to Elin mid-game without losing all your stats and perks: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20394/?

Be sure to save before you try it and check your stats and perks after changing your race. If it doesn't work the first time reload and try it again. Also, note that legendary skills will lose their legendary status regardless. 

Hello DoctorVector,

Thank you and glad you enjoy the Elins.  Thanks for the info, if Showracemenu Alternative works consistently for everyone, I'll add the link to the OP.

Almost done with Elin 2 beta, creating/editing all those texture and headparts lists is tedious.  When will it be ready?  Maybe tomorrow, maybe over the weekend, not exactly sure.

Hello Chriswong0501,

The problem is the skeleton.  It's XPMS and edited to work with ECE, but I've come to realize that changing the scaling and positions of the body nodes will render certain body sliders useless (not appearing or working).

You can use the latest XPMS (at Nexus) or Groovtama's XPMS Extended (here at LL; see the link in an earlier post), but the body will look more human than Elin.  That is because the Elin bodies and skeletons I uploaded are meant to be used together to recreate the Elin body.  I'm planning on making all new bodies that work with non-Elin scaled, XPMS skeletons.

The information for the Elin Bard is located just under the Youtube vid in the original post.  Most of the needed information can be seen by clicking on the SPOILER button.  The only thing missing is some in-game information so here it is:

The Elin Bard is an npc found in the Bard's College (lower level near the dining area).  When you speak with her, you will be given a dialogue option to have her play the violin for you.  Choose that option and the music will start.  She will proceed to play the violin, but the music and her animation will continue to loop until you speak with her again.  When she stops, you will receive the bow an violin (check your Armor inventory).  Equipping the violin will enable your Elin to play the animation and music; go into your inventory and unequip the violin to stop.  If you play the violin near other Elins, you will receive food and some of the Elins will react to your violin-playing.  Not all Elins will react, though all will applaud when you're done, this was intentional, but you will still receive food from each Elin.

wow, It's really a quick reply.

To be honest, I like a human like body more than the elin's body. What I really want is a human like body with anime head, just like a japanese anime character.

I've tried to replace the femalebody mesh with the one in children of the sky(I know it's stupid to do that without understanding what nif file is, but I just want to give it a try). But the result wasn't good, a obvious seam appeared between the neck and the body. I knew it's caused by inconsistent normal map, thus I used photoshop to edit the normal map of the elin's head and cots's body to smoother the transition of normal between two meshes.(Manually drawing a normal map, the most stupidest thing I've ever done......). Unfortunately, I was't able to make it pixel perfect to completely eliminate the seam, so I just gave up.

After your reply, I tried the XPMS. But it didn't help me a lot. The ECE gave me many new options to adjust the weapon position and scale but nothing new related to body's shape except the tail(the breast option still did not work). But I am still using it because it solved the weapon scale problem in dual sheath redux. I like little girl equipped with large weapon so I always scale up the weapon size in ECE. If I use the default skeleton with dual sheath redux installed, only the left one will be affected by the scale option, the right one won't. XPMS solved this problem and I can scale up both swords now. But XPMS also makes every other Elin npc become a shrinked adult as you said.

About the Elin Bard mod, I managed to meet the Elin bard. Here is what I discovered about this mod

1. After equiping the violin, sometimes my Elin will just stand with the violin and the bow sticking on her hands. The music has no problem, but the animation isn't played.

2. If my Elin is equiped with shield, she will hold the shield and the violin at the same time when she is playing violin.

3. I installed the Elin Orphans mod, but my Elin daughter's behavior isn't affected when my Elin is playing violin.(won't come closer or dance)

Hope that helps

Thank you again!

Happy New Year!  Thank you chriswong0501, and long life and prosperity to you and everyone.

Regarding the Elin Bard, did you run FNIS Generator for Users then installed the Bard or did you run the generator after installing the Bard.

I can't check the Bard with FNIS 4.1.1 anytime soon as I removed all my Elin mods.  Luckily I held on to the last game save.  Right now I'm working on the race update.

As for the Elin body,  the Elin 2 is using a body that looks close to CotS, albeit with small breasts.

post-64505-0-45675500-1391200262_thumb.jpg

Elin Race v2 - BETA

Based on the Derivelin race

Credit to the 2ch community.

post-64505-0-41874900-1391228233_thumb.jpg

This is an early release for testing purposes, mainly for the new CME slider options.  Should be compatible with Elin v1.4 because the race name is slightly different (Elin v2 = Tera Elin; Elin v1.4 = Elin) and the folder paths are different so v2 will not overwrite v1.4.

FEATURES

• Elin-Sims Hairs.
  • Derivelin underwear.  Craftable under MISC using Leather Strips.
  • Elin Ear/Tail sets are still available from the FACIAL HAIRS slider found under the EYELASHES section.  There are 4 eyelash options that can be chosen with or without the Elin ears and tails.
  • You can now save your Elins face/body customizations using the CME Slot saves and add those to a new Elin character.
  • UNTESTED - transfering a CME save to an npc.  UPDATE:  I was able to transfer the CME data to an npc, but it appears any body scaling does not transfer.

NOT COMPATIBLE

• Elin v1.4 custom hairs and fixes.
  • Elin followers and NPCs.  The current followers and NPCs will continue to use assets from Elin v1.4.

KNOWN BUGS

• Eye lashes will appear above the eyes.  SOLUTION:  using any of the EYES sliders will fix it.  EDIT:  This bug, so far, only happens when using showracemenu.
  • Vanilla race scars, eye colors, and brows appear with the Elin scars, eye colors, and brows.  SOLUTION:  Searching for a solution.

REQUIREMENTS

• Enhanced Character Edit.
  • Tested with RaceMenu+Chargen+ECE.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by PsychoMachina

Happy New Year! And well done with getting v2 out. I haven't taken a peek at it just yet, still plenty for me to do with the current version. But from what I gather, the objective is to make normal human body/head meshes work with Elin proportions all the little Elin quirks, yes?

I'm not a modder so I have no idea what actual coding that would entail, but would it be as simple as setting up a body preset with the right proportions for use with a new race with the enhanced character edit mod? And add tails, ears, animation script etc? 

Something like this?

10579zn.jpg

ftm4k1.jpg

Just me being curious as a non-modder. I would absolutely support an Elin version that would be able to make use of things like human eyes. Keep up the good work. 

Glad to hear that V2 is released finally. I see there are more options available in ECE now, great job!

But it seems that the texture isn't fit the mesh, the brown colored thing surrounding the elin's eyes makes her look like a children with make up pretending to be an adult.

No matter how I tune the head shape, it just doesn't look as cute as V1.4

Also, the skeleton may not support dual sheath redux. With it installed, the another sword is placed on the floor instead of waist.

Here is my result

mcg5yq.jpg

Personally, I like V1.4 more. Don't know is it possible to extract the mesh data from a nif file. Then I can modify the body's shape using blender and then put it back into the nif file.

I know nothing about nif, I just think it's a 3D model plus some extra properties or value used by the game.

About the Elin Bard, I made a clear install of skyrim and then install Elin 1.4, Elin Bard and some tools(ECE, 3rd person camera enhancement, etc) only.

The animation problem still exists and the behavior control of other elin npc isn't stable. They don't always come closer.

These two problems just happen randomly with no reason.

Here is a capture showing the two problems happening at the same time.

oardb4.jpg

The left one is playing violin without animation. The right one doesn't even care me.

My english is poor and I am afraid that I didn't make my self clear. The occurrence of the two problems is random, not always.

Thaks for your effort again!

@DoctorVector

Elin 2 is more of a "hybrid" to give people more options and less anime.  What you are suggesting is something I was planning for Elin 3.  They will be included with Girls of Tera.  Their bodies will be Elin-like, but more subtle (the hips are less exaggerated).  The shape will be from the mesh and not the skeletons. 

Changing the Elins to look more human does involve some editing other than swapping the body/head meshes and textures.  You can get an idea of what is in TeraElinRace.esm (or ElinRace.esm) file by using TES5edit.

@Chriswong0501

The face texture can be edited to remove or reduce the eyeliner.  

The skeleton does not support Dual Sheath Redux.  Have you tried Groovtama's XPMS Extended skeletons?  I suggest installing the package as you would normally do then go to DATA > MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > CHARACTER ASSETS FEMALE and copy the skeleton to DATA > MESHES > ACTORS > TERA ELIN.  Do not forget to change the skeleton (skeleton_female.nif) to SKELETONFEMALE.nif.

I don't know about extracting the data from a NIF to edit it in Blender.  You may as well make the changes to the mesh itself or you can use Bodyslide2 to create your own.

As for the Elin bard, I will have to reinstall Elin 1.4 and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Ah, I see. I had a feeling it'd be more complicated than that. Well, I look forwards to both V2 and V3 then. Keep up the great work. 

As thanks (If you can call this that), I thought I'd share my Elin's first adventure in Skyrim Elsweyr.

2qbzn8w.jpg

Elise: "I'm bored."

Willow: "By Elinu, we know!"

Yi Ka: "Well, m'lady, you did decide to slay Alduin. You can't really top defeating the Eater of Worlds."

Elise: "I'm still bored."

Willow: "Oh, by my tails, please, Yi Ka, shoot her in the knee or something."

Yi Ka: "M'lady, it didn't help that you ended the civil war by killing both that general and the loud hairy one, dumped the Emperor's dead body inside Nazeem's closet, chewed through your favourite Nightingale armour in your sleep, put an arrow in Mehrunes Dagon's knee and stole all of Sheogorath's sweetrolls, just to mention a few. You can't have fun if you wreck the playground, so to speak."

Elise: "I know! I'm going to try being a bard again."

Willow: "Yi Ka! DO SOMETHING! BEFORE I CHEW MY OWN EARS OFF! Take her out to fight some vampire lords, legendary dragons, mudcrabs, thalmor, anything!"

Yi Ka: "They're all kind of...extinct in Skyrim."

Willow: "....even the mudcrabs?"

Sheila: "Did you say Thalmor? I heard there are still some in Elsweyr."

Elise: "Els-where?! More Thalmor to play with?! We're going! We're going right now!"

Willow: "Thank you oh Elinu, some peace and quiet!"

Yi Ka: "....Sheila....a thousand fleas upon your tails...."

Elise: "Sheila, I'm  leaving you in charge of Lakeview Village while I'm away."

Sheila: "....But I'm normally in charge anyway..."

Elise: "Yi Ka, pack your bags!"

Yi Ka: "Sigh...You mean YOUR bags, m'lady?"

350mn2e.jpg

Elise: "Log entry, today my lone adventure begins upon this lonely road, this Moonpath to Elswhere..."

Yi Ka: "Elsweyr, M'lady."

Elise: "Yes, yes, Elsewhere, whatever. And you'd better get my good side in that picture."

Yi Ka: "Best side possible, m'lady, I assure you."

Elise: "Well done, my trusty steward. Now, commit this to posterity, this lone wolf's first step into her solo adventure of a lifetime."

Yi Ka: "With pleasure, m'lady. Though, with what respect's due, I might add that your first step is in the wrong direction. Elsweyr is this way."

2q1xuv4.jpg

Elise: "I knew that. I was giving my old homeland one last tearful departing glance."

Yi Ka: "Our homeland's in Arborea, at least, before they kicked us all out, but if you say so, m'lady."

2en0x95.jpg

Elise: "Look, Yi Ka! It's a sandbox! A big one!"

Yi Ka: "This is a desert, m'lady."

Elise: "There are people already playing in it!"

Yi Ka: "That's a bandit camp, m'lady. They're in our way."

Elise: "No fair! This is my sandbox. Yi Ka, I'm going to go shout at them!"

Yi Ka: "Please do, m'lady. And don't drag anything home with you, m'lady. We have enough for dinner."

Elise: "FUSH RYOOOH DYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Yi Ka: "And this is why we got kicked out by the neighbours in Arborea."

qocfa0.jpg

Yi Ka: "According to this guide, the jungles of Elseweyr is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna, a treasury of nature so to speak."

Elise: "Yi Ka! I see something moving down there! I'm going to go shout at it!"

Yi Ka: "I'm going to write to the guide's author and have them update this."

2ur1s7k.jpg

Elise: "Yi Ka! Yi Ka! Look! This one didn't stop moving when I shouted at it loud! He's amazing!" 

Yi Ka: "Oh, according to this guide, that's a Mooncow. A really big mooncow."

Elise: "It wont' let go of my tail either. I think it likes me. Well, I like him! We're keeping him!"

Yi Ka: "I don't think he'll fit in Lakeview village. Shadowmere would throw a fit. And we'd never hear the end of it from poor Willow and Daisy."

Elise: "But it won't let go of me, see? We simply must take him along!"

Yi Ka: "He's just standing on your tail, m'lady. I wouldn't quite call that a show of affection. According to this, Mooncows will stand for hours on end in watering holes."

Elise: "Hours? That's, like, really long? But...but...I'd get bored...."

Yi Ka: "They eventually move after they've evacuated their bowels. This takes on average 4 hours."

Elise: "....Yi Ka. Get my daedric crossbow."

Yi Ka: "It wouldn't do for you to separate so soon from your beloved new pet, m'lady. I will allow you two a few hours together. I shall see you back at camp, m'lady."

Elise: "Y-Yi Ka! Yi Ka! YI KAAAAAAAAAAA!"

30xfnky.jpg

Elise: "Another one! Stand back, Yi Ka, and watch your tail! These foul beasts cannot be trusted! Give them an inch, they will give you...."

Yi Ka: "A bowelful, m'lady?"

Elise: ".....yes, right! Now, watch, demon spawn, the might that toppled the great Eater of Worlds!"

Yi Ka: "....you're going to play the violin at it? It's just a mudcrab. It hasn't done anything to deserve being annihilated at the sub-aedric level, m'lady."

20kt2kp.jpg

Elise: "Yi Ka! Yi Ka! Look, I found some Thalmors! Lookie Lookie!"

Thalmor: "By Akatosh, please, if you would not spare my life, then at least spare my chastity! I beg you!"

Yi Ka: "M'lady what did I tell you about looting your enemies?"

Elise: "....ummm.....at least wait until they've stopped moving?"

Yi Ka and Thalmor: "YOU SHOULDN'T LOOT PEOPLE!"

4qs8jp.jpg

Yi Ka: "By Elinu, I turn to dry my tail for just a moment and that useless ear-eater disappears! Seriously, dear Lady Elinu, what sorry joke was it to put a dragon soul in an Elin? We'd be lucky if we escape Elsweyr without causing a diplomatic incident."

28texwn.jpg

Yi Ka: "There you are, m'lady. I was worried sick! You didn't shout at anybody important, did you? You didn't just start another war or unleash another apocalypse? You didn't loot anyone alive or pick up anymore strange souvenirs did you? You didn't promise your soul to another daedric lord, did you? Because you already have a long queue for your soul. I'm not even sure Elinu gave you one."

Elise: "Oh, Yi Ka, teehee, don't be silly."

Yi Ka: "...and...you didn't eat anything random off the..."

Elise: "*Munch* *munch* *hiccup* teeheeheee~"

Yi Ka: ""Oh, no, you did. Spit it out, m'lady. What was it? Tell me!"

x5bjnm.jpg

Khajiit: "Did anybody see my stockpile of moonsugar? I left it around here somewhere."

Yi Ka: "Moonsugar...?! No......M'lady, you didn't...."

Elise: "Hiccup....teeheehee...."

1z4lpbb.jpg

Khajiit: "Oh dear, she doesn't look too good. Should she be moving like that? Should those parts be moving like that?"

Yi Ka: "....actually, that's normal for her."

Elise: "Trololollolol Nyahahahahaaaah!"

Khajiit: "what are those ungodly sounds?! This one is frightened for his life."

Yi Ka: "Again, normal. In fact, this isn't too bad."

Elise: "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Yi Ka: "Where can I buy more of that stuff?"