{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Checked out Glosstech and realized why I stopped using it long ago.   Glosstech can be used to add gloss to the Elin body/hands, but not the heads. Tried it with the Monli and the results were the same; glossy body and hands only.

If you want to use Glosstech on the Elin bodies just go to TEXTURES > ACTORS > 2chELIN TEXTURES FIX and copy "femalebody_1_s.dds" and "femalehands_1_s.dds" to the Glosstech TEXTURES folder (GLOSSTECH:  TEXTURES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > FEMALE).

Run Glosstech.exe and choose the strength of the gloss you want.

When done, move the files back to 2chELIN TEXTURES FIX.

Here are the files I made.

• 25% gloss.
  • 50% gloss.
  • 75% gloss.
  • 100% gloss.
  • CBBE and UNP Elin bodies.

Gloss Textures-Elin CBBE-UNP Bodies.7z

Hmm, I thought that'd be the case. I don't think GlossTech works on custom head shapes.

Did you try the "gloss all the head" option or whatever it was? That skips the TexBlend portion of the process, but it... doesn't seem to do anything at all for me, even for normal races?

I doubt Glosstech can add gloss to the face.  I did a test with my Monli.  She uses the vanilla head mesh so any textures will work with her.

post-64505-0-62305600-1388622179_thumb.jpg

Using Paint.net, I manually added gloss by brightening "femalehead.dds", "femalebody_1_s.dds", and "femalehands_1_s.dds" and as you can see, the face is not affected.  I mentioned using Glosstech on my Monli and the results were the same as my Elin:  the face does not accept gloss.

If it does, I would like to know how it's done, unless the face does accept gloss, but it's not working for me for some reason.

Hold the phone... I removed GlossTech and reinstalled it, then ran it using the Gloss all the head option. I'm now noticing a shine on my Elin followers' faces that I'm pretty sure wasn't there any of the other times I installed it. What the heck?

Does anyone have any advice on ESTABLISHMENT kicks?

???

Wouldn't this Outfit look really cute on an Elin? It seems to be from the Kankaraya mod.

68dEJ.jpg

You want it converted to the Elin body?

I have the mod so when I have the opportunity, I'll see if anything needs to be done.

I did that at one time and some people were having problems.  Using NMM?  I dropped that over a year ago and lately grew fond of Mod Organizer.

Are you referring to the Elin DLC Additions.  I can integrate them into one package.  I'm pretty much done with that until I'm done with the next race update.

Hi, I need help from experts. I am trying to copy & paste my elin pc's appearance to a new follower npc. First of all, I exported my pc's char gen data using spf <name>, which was already saved to slot7. Then I loaded these:

Skyrim.exm

Update.esm

RaceCompatibility.esm

ElinRace.esm

CharacterMakingExtender.esp

EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp

elin new body.esp

ElinRaceTaint.esm

And here are the steps I took:

1. Set up basic follower properties as usual. (AI, inventories, etc)

2. Go to Char Gen Parts tab, import the .npc file of interest

3. Go to Char Gen Morphs tab, click <Reset All> button

4. Choose NoseType32

5. Hit OK, then Ctrl+F4 the new character.

6. Save & exit

And when I load the character within the game, I simply get a character with default elinrace properties with red tint on the forehead..(even though I removed all of tintmasks folders from actors\2chElin fix\ and actors\character\character assets\) Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong here? Thnx!

Hello Pushto,

The CME slot saves do not work on the Elins because they use a custom head mesh and morphs.  If you saved the facegen using "spf", just import the created ".npc" file from the Skyrim folder and fine-tune the face features using the CK options; the CME import procedure is not needed.  This might also remove the red forehead.

Hello Pushto,

The CME slot saves do not work on the Elins because they use a custom head mesh and morphs.  If you saved the facegen using "spf", just import the created ".npc" file from the Skyrim folder and fine-tune the face features using the CK options; the CME import procedure is not needed.  This might also remove the red forehead.

Ah, thank you. The tintmask issue is now solved, but I can't get the npc's headsize scaled down. Any suggestions?

The npc heads can not be scaled down.  However, I tweaked the Elin skeleton's so that the playable character's head can be scaled using the HEAD slider.

Added Head Scaling (playable Elin only) via HEAD slider to the Elin Skeletons

Manual Install.

2014Jan08-OPTIONS-Skeleton Updates.7z

I'm working on new bodies and skeletons for the Elin v2.  I want to recreate the body without heavily editing the skeleton.  This should open the extra sliders in ECE.  In addition, I'm going to add a CME-compatible head mesh (should also work with RaceMenu).  This will make available the extra face sliders, slot saves, and importing of face morphs to custom npcs.

The npc heads can not be scaled down.  However, I tweaked the Elin skeleton's so that the playable character's head can be scaled using the HEAD slider.

Added Head Scaling (playable Elin only) via HEAD slider to the Elin Skeletons

Manual Install.

attachicon.gif2014Jan08-OPTIONS-Skeleton Updates.7z

I'm working on new bodies and skeletons for the Elin v2.  I want to recreate the body without heavily editing the skeleton.  This should open the extra sliders in ECE.  In addition, I'm going to add a CME-compatible head mesh (should also work with RaceMenu).  This will make available the extra face sliders, slot saves, and importing of face morphs to custom npcs.

Really appreciate your hard work! Can't wait..

Does your mod affect player's voice in anyway? I am using a custom voice but it works perfectly with all other races, including YgNord custom race, but not yours. In fact, all player's voice are disable if my race is Elin: no grunting when running, no yelling during battle and no dragon shout (which is the worst part).

Is this problem unique to me or is this universal? Kinda sad to not hearing anything from my character.

The Elins do not have a voice that is why custom voice files are needed.  There are limited voices made available for the playable character; for human females that would be FemaleEvenTone.  Ever wonder why there are no vanilla child voices for a playable child character?  It's because Bethesda never made combat voices and shouts for every type of voice used in Skyrim.

I have listed a voice mod in the OP.  If you are using a different custom voice mod, you can add your custom voice files to the Elin voice mod (the file names should be the same) and install that to give your Elin the new custom voice.  Do not replace the Elin voice plugin or else the Elin won't use the new voices.

anyone have installed elin race / bard with mod organize? im getting Ctds after installed that, already have custom races working but i dnt use hdt anymore (w8 till a final release), when i was using with nexus mod manager goes fine, but now i complete reinstalled my skyrim and now using mod organize and goes fine till start screen, but if i click new,load or options comes a CTD, and if i remove entire elins works normal, if anyone can help with that im glad.

anyone have installed elin race / bard with mod organize? im getting Ctds after installed that, already have custom races working but i dnt use hdt anymore (w8 till a final release), when i was using with nexus mod manager goes fine, but now i complete reinstalled my skyrim and now using mod organize and goes fine till start screen, but if i click new,load or options comes a CTD, and if i remove entire elins works normal, if anyone can help with that im glad.

Sometimes I found that some mod managers can mess up a bit (don't know why) and not completely install files, check and see if all of the files for elin are even there, also check FINS perhaps?

Sometimes I found that some mod managers can mess up a bit (don't know why) and not completely install files, check and see if all of the files for elin are even there, also check FINS perhaps?

yeap every time , tried version with tbbp and without also, im using xpms sexlab skelly. Really inclined to try reinstall hdt to test if works with that.

Skelly link : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22284-xpms-192-with-sexlab-rough-animations-support-ece-support-for-male-characters-also-on-this-thread/?p=550759 (using version XPMS X.921 for SexLab)

explanation why so many new versions : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22284-xpms-192-with-sexlab-rough-animations-support-ece-support-for-male-characters-also-on-this-thread/page-4?do=findComment&comment=612696

Just to recap: first tried just : 2013Nov01_Option_NewElinBodies_BBP-TBBP_v2.7z and CTD removed,

after tried 2013Oct30-MAIN-ElinRace_v1.4.7z same problem. using fnish alwalys, im missing something? (Obs: just tried race first because if race dnt works not will works bard also i guess).

During my quest to learn how to write better install scripts for NMM, Mod Organizer, and Wrye Bash, I found out that the latest NMM will throw errors if the scripts do not clarify a destination for the files to be installed.

Before, the installer needed a source (what folder in the archive contains the files you want to install) and a destination (where to install the files/folders).  The source needed to be defined or else no files/folders will be installed and the destination was left blank (i.e., just need to use quotation marks) as the manager "understood" that everything was to be installed in the DATA folder.  Not anymore and I think this is why people are having CTD.

So I'll have to rewrite the scripts.  This time I'll try to consolidate some of the extra mods with the main pack, such as the hair packs.

@Deedit

I can't say what exactly is causing your problem since your experiencing CTD when selecting from the main menu (crashing when choosing OPTIONS?).  If skeleton related, the Elins are using XPMS (pre-1.92) and nothing related to another mod like sexlab.

EDIT

Did you isntall the Elin Bard?  Do not use the FNIS generator for the Bard.  You need to install all anim files (without Elin Bard), run FNIS generator, then and only then can you install the Bard.

EDIT 2

Since you're using MO, make sure the body options you installed has a higher priority than the main files.  MO will then add the Elin custom body after the it loads the main files; similar to how a load order works.

Regarding load order, group together the Elin plugins and keep the custom body's plugin last in the group.

@PsychoMachina : nope dnt tried bard already, about options just said that because tto explain till where i can go (when main menu comes , its ctd) im already using xpms skelly athigh order and elin at last one, same effect , tried with default profile because thought its a mod (my default just have skyrim+addons+unofficial patches+race compatibility+fnis)), got ctd, so tried using xpms same ctd. 

Belive im getting so many headaches with MO, i guess because im a noob at that, i guess going try reuse of nexus mod manager.