2 hours ago, Ravenshadow7185 said:

Alright, so I seem to have almost all the mods working now, took some trial and error, my biggest hang-up currently is I seem to be missing the AAF Theme(s) for the VIP, there were a few other scenes that wouldn't play, but I just let them advance.

Follow the fucking manual and get things sorted the easier way. ;)

11 hours ago, Rimworld Traveller said:

Suggestion: While I like that you get the Toughness Perks I'm thinking that maybe it's not good that it incentivizes you to get beatings.  For me, being beaten is horrible and I think the tension in the game is best when I'm afraid of fucking up and getting beaten.  I haven't played since that change was made, but as a video game player I think maybe I'd look at getting beaten as an investment in my character instead of a horrible consequence of me being naughty or making a mistake.  Maybe it would be better if we got Toughness for winning cage fights?  A player like me would see it as a choice to benefit from hurting other slaves.  It'd be like a moral choice where you're choosing to become more cruel, letting some of your humanity go.  But the game's central tension would be maintained. 

Sounds pretty good, I'll make a note of it. 

current usage report for 2.39c and upgraded to 2.39d during game

started new run (2.39c) Sunday.

everything was good until the quest "The Pet" where i ran into problem (no action needed from mod author to fix)

Spoiler

during The Pet after making the drugs, Lindstrom send me out to sell in vicinity.

first raider that i get close enough to grabs me for harassment type approach (which is NOT from SH) and i get the pop-up to accept or reject.

after dealing with that raider i continued on and had dealings with 1-4 more raiders than get another harassment grab.

during the 2nd harassment grab after moving enough distance/time from first harassing raider (this depended on exactly where it first grab occurred i 

could deal with 1-4 more raiders) the pop-up did not appear and while i could look around that was all i could do (could not move or talk or bring pip-boy up).

tried all the MCM options and nothing worked.  had the same results even if i rolled back to prior to starting quest The Pet.

the only thing i could get to work (more or less) was using "setstage _CS_Pet 26"  which would let me deal with that raider, but then 1-4 raiders later 

i would get another harassment grab again and yet again i would be stuck and have to use the setstage command again.

came to thread to report it and saw 2.39d was available, downloaded, rolled back to prior to starting "The Pet".

played again and problem was totally gone.

have no clue if the problem i ran into was a glitch (doubtful as i tried it 6 different times and got the same results and 2 of those were a totally new

run at CS, 1 of which was a totally new game), a bug, or what.

on the very much brighter side the problem is just gone after upgrading to 2.39d so its all good.

only reason i posted what i ran into is incase someone else is on 2.39c and runs into the same problem so that they could see what fixed it for me.

currently just finished "The Scavver" on this game and no other issues at all.

have to say the outside of the Whorehouse looks way better with what you did to it.

i really do like the mod and the way tattoos are handled now looks/feels great.

if i run into any more issues/problems or have any ideas for it i will post again.

thank you again JB for the great mod.

3 hours ago, Ghosty546 said:

How do I sell drugs? 

Just have them in your inventory and talk to raiders, the option will be there. You can only sell drugs you have explicitly been given to sell though, not just any you find while scavenging.

19 minutes ago, Kashked said:

Just have them in your inventory and talk to raiders, the option will be there. You can only sell drugs you have explicitly been given to sell though, not just any you find while scavenging.

When I talk to raiders after getting sent out in "the pet", for example the ones right in lexington I just get a one line response no dialogue options  

5 minutes ago, Ghosty546 said:

When I talk to raiders after getting sent out in "the pet", for example the ones right in lexington I just get a one line response no dialogue options  

Oh, that's weird. Have you done the delivery to the gunners leader first?

Edited by Kashked
27 minutes ago, Kashked said:

Oh, that's weird. Have you done the delivery to the gunners leader first?

I did the first one of the fusion core up the ass deliveries yeah 

Edit: OHHH do I need to go there to get the prompt? 

Edited by Ghosty546
4 minutes ago, Ghosty546 said:

I did the first one of the fusion core up the ass deliveries yeah 

Edit: OHHH do I need to go there to get the prompt? 

I'm pretty sure you need to do the assigned delivery before you can start selling. After that you can sell, or prostitute yourself, to both gunners and raiders.

56 minutes ago, Kashked said:

I'm pretty sure you need to do the assigned delivery before you can start selling. After that you can sell, or prostitute yourself, to both gunners and raiders.

I was trying with the guys right by the whore house basically 

How would I go about editing a piece of clothing to make it able to be equipped while the mod's active? I downloaded a tail mod and I'd like to be able to equip it while playing but I don't want to be allowed to use workbenches and such. Is there a way that I can keyword it as skimpy or something?  

20 minutes ago, Ghosty546 said:

How would I go about editing a piece of clothing to make it able to be equipped while the mod's active? I downloaded a tail mod and I'd like to be able to equip it while playing but I don't want to be allowed to use workbenches and such. Is there a way that I can keyword it as skimpy or something?  

Disable the restrictions in the MCM, cheat section. 

5 minutes ago, JB. said:

Disable the restrictions in the MCM, cheat section. 

but then I'd be able to use workbenches and stuff, can i just edit the tails with FO4Edit to contain the skimpy keyword like ASA attire? I'm just not sure what the keyword is. I was downloading edit to check the ASA stuff and see 

Edited by Ghosty546
4 minutes ago, Ghosty546 said:

but then I'd be able to use workbenches and stuff, can i just edit the tails with FO4Edit to contain the skimpy keyword like ASA attire? I'm just not sure what the keyword is. I was downloading edit to check the ASA stuff and see 

If that tail has no special keywords, there should be no problem. If it has a keyword indicating that it is "clothing" or "armor", you will not be able to equip it. 

Put my keyword "_CS_Allowed". When you see my ASA.esp edit you will notice it. That will do the trick. 

Of course, with my MCM cheat you'll avoid all that. You will be able to use clothes, workbenches, etc. It is not immersive, but use it if it is more convenient for you. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sissycharlotte said:

I'm doing The Fighter quest, and I knock the other slave out - but it says that I lose. Is this right?

That usually happens if:  

• You don't have an Unofficial Fallout Patch
  • You have Knockout Framework

You should be able to win. 

As a last resort (in case there is another mod we don't know about) you could select the opponent in the console and type Kill. 

Edited by JB.
8 minutes ago, Atara48 said:

the starting npc wouldnt spawn

Then you installed wrong. When you download from Mega, download the files individually and install them individually, not as one big folder. Make sure you have the hard requirements. 

2 hours ago, JB. said:

If that tail has no special keywords, there should be no problem. If it has a keyword indicating that it is "clothing" or "armor", you will not be able to equip it. 

Put my keyword "_CS_Allowed". When you see my ASA.esp edit you will notice it. That will do the trick. 

Of course, with my MCM cheat you'll avoid all that. You will be able to use clothes, workbenches, etc. It is not immersive, but use it if it is more convenient for you. 

Ngl this is the first time I've ever used Edit and I'm lost asf, do you know a good video that could help? I don't expect you to walk me thru the whole thing but I don't even know where to look. I'm watching the vids on FO4Edits nexus rn

EDIT: I found the file for the tail, how do I add the keyword?

Screenshot2024-03-14053244.thumb.png.6c1f37148a78b186e882658b78bbc6cd.png

EDIT 2: I figured out how to add the keyword but it says that _CS_Allowed is invalid, ASA stuff has this keyword "_CS_AllowedPiece_Keyword "(CS)" [KYWD:2400657D" do I just copy and paste that whole thing?

EDIT 3: Nvm that didn't work either @JB. sorry for @'ing you I'm at a loss though 

EDIT 4: I got it!! I followed these steps for anyone curious 

Screenshot2024-03-14063236.png.d49a258033876a78509d43957d06adff.png

Edited by Ghosty546

Hey @JB.,

I think it might be wise to consider changing the name of the job "Pet Walk" to something that isn't constantly being confused with "The Pet". Just a suggestion, but I think it might help players keep those two jobs straight.

6 minutes ago, Jarnin said:

Hey @JB.,

I think it might be wise to consider changing the name of the job "Pet Walk" to something that isn't constantly being confused with "The Pet". Just a suggestion, but I think it might help players keep those two jobs straight.

Might be easier to come up with a new name for "the pet" instead honestly 

3 minutes ago, Jarnin said:

Hey @JB.,

Yeah, agree. I'm open to suggestions. 

Or maybe rename "The Pet" to something else to something related to drugs/selling drugs. 

6 minutes ago, JB. said:

Yeah, agree. I'm open to suggestions. 

Or maybe rename "The Pet" to something else to something related to drugs/selling drugs. 

maybe something like "Pill Peddling" or "Pill Profits" 

18 minutes ago, Ghosty546 said:

maybe something like "Pill Peddling" or "Pill Profits" 

There's a theme to raider job titles, in case you didn't notice: All jobs are "The <noun>".

So, in the case of The Pet, how about one of these:

• The Cooker
  • The Peddler
  • The Hook-Up
  • The Pusher

EDIT: Of these, I think I like "The Hook-Up" the best, because it covers both chems and sex, which is what the player will be doing during this particular job 😉

Edited by Jarnin
because I said so!