How do you roleplay your character wearing skimpy armours?

Armor itself doesn't provide much protection outside of enchantments in both TES and irl (where enchantments don't exist but gaslit into thinking they did). It's just there, so people feel confident and not vulnerable, sure in the old old days of full plate armor and chain mail swords and arrows glanced off it a few times, but an on the mark hit, or blunt weapon knocked the wind out of you regardless.

The bare minimum in TES would be a shin guard on your fore foot and a sturdy wrist guard/buckler on your non-dominant arm, depending on the weapon and form stance used. Iirc before armor was actually protective of was more livery than anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I've roleplayed skimpy armor/clothes PCs a few different ways:

* Displaying body for Dibellan faith (Alternate Start in Dibellan temple, Dibella's Blessings)

* Orphaned in wilderness and raised by wolves (Alternate Start in wilderness, Beastess)

* Forsworn venturing out from the Reach (Alternate Start in wilderness, topless Forsworn armor)

* Dominant female taking pleasure in tempting weak men

* Conjuration mage with no real need for armor (atronachs to protect)

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017

it is the only way!

I've actually moved off of Tropical Skyrim because it's definitely dated these days. I tend to recommend Project Rainforest, but gotta watch out for the tree heavy areas. Springtime Overhaul is another alternative. Makes Skyrim all summer-y, but without the super drastic appearance changes that Tropical Skyrim makes (also the whole "wolves are now raptors" doesn't really work with MNC).

5 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

What is that armor thing everyone talks about? ?

That's this shiny stuff that the nobilty buys for their own fat bellies. So, they look like heros or warriors among each other.

Sometimes, they award it to common people for doing dirty work for them and keep quiet about it.

me2.jpg.94b86850ba0618afadd9c105040e4250.jpg

It costs a shitload of money and needs even more money and a skilled armoursmith to fit it properly to your bodyshape.

If you can't afford that, or if there are only stupid hammerheads in the city, it's better to sell it and forget about it.

For common folks, it's linen or leather.

Spoiler

me3.jpg.e3dc3c8296fa49d81795247055388179.jpgme1.jpg.de69de907e8f0e4fb44b3095538c36ab.jpg

And, please keep in mind, that Skyrim is muuuuch colder than your average cyrodiilic village ?.

? It's easy to catch a cold

Edited by worik
10 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Not if you're a Nord vampire.

? That's an interesting aspect.  No worries about body core temperature, germs, viruses, food diseases, wound infections, ... enviable.

If it wouldn't be for the beautiful nordic sun at midday ? :classic_tongue:

Edited by worik