Notice Me Senpai - A Notice Board Addon

On 6/23/2022 at 10:35 PM, Caithness said:

Looks great - if for nothing more than to get rid of the "be careful!" comments lol. My query is about having such a good idea based on something that happens so infrequently - I check the notice board pretty much every time I enter a town - and some playthroughs, like the one I am currently in  - I haven't been offered "rescue a citizen" yet despite me having completed probably 25 - 30 notice board quests so far. This isn't strange - I can play for weeks without that particular NB quest being offered. Any way to kick that rate up?

I think the problem is that the message on the board is marked as read the first time you do a rescue.  All the new rescues are also marked as read, so they are easy to miss.  The new rescue won't get posted until you claim the reward (it takes some hours to get a new one, usually a fast travel does it).

14 minutes ago, blackoperations said:

Love the concept and the dialogue is great.  However, after Sorli, which was fun, I've been rescuing guys.  5 in a row.  Is there any way to change that?

Far as I know no. I think if you get a rescue you don't want to do, getting rid of the letter without reading it will repopulate the board (after time) But I'm not sure since TNB isn't my mod. 

4 hours ago, blackoperations said:

I think the problem is that the message on the board is marked as read the first time you do a rescue.  All the new rescues are also marked as read, so they are easy to miss.  The new rescue won't get posted until you claim the reward (it takes some hours to get a new one, usually a fast travel does it).

No , I don't get them in the first place. Haven't had a "rescue a citizen" since I posted last time about 10 days ago (including two restarts, so fully refreshed) but I still check NB every time I pass an inn.

7 hours ago, Caithness said:

No , I don't get them in the first place. Haven't had a "rescue a citizen" since I posted last time about 10 days ago (including two restarts, so fully refreshed) but I still check NB every time I pass an inn.

You are travelling to different towns right? If you have been and they aren't showing up I have no idea, sorry. 

23 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Far as I know no. I think if you get a rescue you don't want to do, getting rid of the letter without reading it will repopulate the board (after time) But I'm not sure since TNB isn't my mod. 

That's the way it works with missives, but not with the notice boards.    I started a new game and ran into just guys again.  No women.   

BTW, loved your work on Hardship.

10 hours ago, blackoperations said:

That's the way it works with missives, but not with the notice boards.    I started a new game and ran into just guys again.  No women.   

BTW, loved your work on Hardship.

Yeah it's weird. It is truly random and AFAIK the pool is literally anyone (Including from the DLC, which is a real pain because of Dragonborn). On this test character so far I've had some old guy, and Sorli the builder again, which thanks to Modpocalypse NPCs is hot as hell on my game... lol. On the last one I had Sorli and Saffir. Accross all my test characters since I started devving this it's been about 50/50 men and women, and Of that more than 50% of the women were attractive (Modpocalypse) though I got Olava the feeble twice... But hey I didn't mind putting Granny on a leash. (lol) I never figured out what TNB's method for selecting NPCs was though... I expected a whitelist but don't remember seeing one while poking around.

To be fair this is meant to add spice to a game not be the sole focus. Though given how much effort I put in (It is starting to approach Version 1 of Hardship in terms of content... which took me 1 year to make... but some of that is cause Skyrim is a bit easier to make a good sex mod for) I can see why you'd think otherwise. 

I'm pretty much pan, (especuially for RP purposes) so the gender distribution isn't really a problem for me ?

Thanks for the praise.

Edited by Tentacus

Update:

Still working on things. It's coming along nicely. You all ain't gonna believe how much extra dialogue I've added.

I just "love" how Billyy's lesbian animations are backwards from everybody else in terms of who is top/bottom making it impossible to have a seamless intent of who will be giving and recieving in my script. -_- I might have a way around it, as his Lesbian animations are good... but it might cause problems if people have Billyy's SLAL pack installed, but not his lesbian anims. Probably gonna do it though since I want it.

Edit: Didn't work anyway... Oh well.

Edited by Tentacus

UPDATE:

I'm adding more "whatever" responses to sex rejection. Some of them will come back with a change of heart. Mainly you have a random chance to neg Bitchy NPCs (I check bitchyness by voicetype... so Saffir, Nazeem, and most elves would be bitchy) or do stuff like this: 

772830956_Untitled-1copy.jpg.a8ec97a52e3186879cfa99e82a375071.jpg

Edited by Tentacus
23 minutes ago, chasm said:

I've got a rather hilarious mod conflict.  As soon as I end the NMS conversation with a person, they start continuously falling down.
Seemed like a fun mod, but I can't get that to stop.

Wow... That's an interesting bug. Maybe try a redownload/reinstall (both this and notice board) or dropping NMS to the bottom of load order. You'd be shocked the kind of weird shit that can happen with just a corrupt file. I once had a clothing texture that had gone bad cause it so the game CTD'd every time I entered DragonsReach. 

Edit:

The only thing I could imagine causing what you describe is if you were causing constant damage to the NPC with a spell of some sort. It would have to be damage coming from the player, since I have it set up so every so much damage the player does to the prisoner will cause them to fall down (but they will never aggro on you, just have angry dialogue, or cowed dialogue if you have raped them previously)

If you use a constant damage spell like flames or lightning on them it would cause something like what you describe, (Which actually looks pretty fucking cool if you want to Emperor Palpetine the shit out of your victim with lightning) but in many hours of testing I haven't seen that behavior outside that scenareo.

I'd look at mods that might be causing constant damage to them, no matter how low level.

Edited by Tentacus
24 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Wow... That's an interesting bug. Maybe try a redownload/reinstall (both this and notice board) or dropping NMS to the bottom of load order. You'd be shocked the kind of weird shit that can happen with just a corrupt file. I once had a clothing texture that had gone bad cause it so the game CTD'd every time I entered DragonsReach. 

I had already tried reinstalling NMS (I had an outdated version anyway) but that didn't help.
Just tried reinstalling notice boards (and NMS again) and put NMS at the bottom of the load order.  No change.
Skimmed through SSEEdit and found nothing that seemed to conflict.

I know what's happening is an effect in the base game, used in some scripted scenes, I just can't remember when or what it's called.
It would actually be funny to have a spell that does whatever it is.  Something like "too drunk to stand".

Thanks for the help though!

In my first ever modded playthrough I had the CTD at an inn that I eventually traced to a clothing piece on an added follower.  Deleted it from their inventory and no more problem!

Just FYI - this works on Skyrim LE as well, not just SE. (I got LE set up just the way I like it and SE is too unstable the way I mod (Currently about 450 esps via merged plugins :joy:))

You obviously need the LE versions of the requirements installed.

Edited by monkinsane

Update.

Spent the last 2 days trying to get it working so I could have the option of gagging them when they are tied up. This was surprisingly hard to make work since attaching zaz ittems with scripts does incredibly weird things to an NPC because of the vanilla system that causes the outfit to refresh (Yet another thing that doesn't happen in Fallout 4) I think I have the problem licked now... and the ropes will appear more reliably now in general but JFC... you have no idea. 

Hopefully I can get the update out tomorrow.

Version 1.0.2 is up!

What's New in Version 1.0.2

Released Just now

GENERAL/GOOD PLAYER FEATURES:

-Improved Child protection. (Now checks Sexlab forbidden faction in addition to races)

-Added Marriage status check and a BUNCH of appropriate dialogue when propositioning them. There is NO WAY to check WHOM they are married to (boo) but it is assumed to be opposite sex regardless of the sexlab orientation check. This is because A: All Vanilla Bethesda Married NPCs are in a hetero pair, and B: Because Skyrim is super repressed and closeted (IMO) You seriously don't think Ulfric is Hella gay? :D So gay NPC telling you to "not tell his wife" is Immersive as fuck.

-Added dialogue subsection for kindness, this includes saying something complementary, as well as  offering food or water at any time (If you have it) even if they aren't hungry or thirsty. This is swapped for "Positive reinforcement" subsection if player is evil.

-Added new dialogue to "Whatever/aloof" response to sex rejection, Some NPCs may randomly change their mind now, under certain circumstances if this topic is chosen. 

-[SET OUTFIT] option removed from follower dialogue because it is no longer necessary as it now sets it automatically when you exit the Open inventory option.  If no item is worn on torso slot, NPC will be counted as naked for dialogue purposes. Don't use third party methods like ring of fashion designer or it might fuck the naked tracking up.

-Undress dialogue now removed from follower as it causes too many conflicts with using Open Inventory to manage what the follower is wearing.

-Amulet slot added to outfit management for compatibility with PAH collars.

-New dialogue added to dismissed follower on unusual circumstance that you see them with new follower/rescue. 

-Copious amounts of new random dialogue added to existing topics that were lacking variety.

-Massive amount of bug fixes.

NEW EVIL PLAYER FEATURES:

-Added new greets after specific acts fisting, BJ, and Anal. These are randomly mixed in with the old ones. Initial topic is finicky about random text though and sometimes flipflops from one to another before you can read it, I will probably avoid putting any there if I make another Skyrim mod.

-Added "give a beating" topic, which unequips player's current weapon and spells and draws fists. As before, beating the prisoner (If you have raped them) will raise a hidden discipline stat, which will alter dialogue over time with each beating (Hit until knocked down, then talked to). Now a notification will say "Discipline +1" when this happens.

-Added ability to gag the NPC with a cloth gag when restrained. Also overhauled restraint topic to make it more reliable. "NOTE" To prevent NPC from standing back up for several seconds, let the restraint topic (Hogtie, etc...) Complete on it's own. IE don't button spam through it.

-Added Kneel/standup option to gagged menu.

-Added Kneeling comment dialogue.

-Added alternate dialogue to some greets/topics depending if the player has weapon drawn.

-Added topics that will allow you to say you will not beat or rape the prisoner for a time. This will lower the hidden discipline stat and revert dialogue when appliccable.

-Added dialogue subsections for positive reinforcement and abuse. Some existing options moved to abuse, including Warning, Kneel, tie them up, and Fisting. 

-Victim will actually not fight unless told to now. (full Follower) though they still will when controlled by TNB alias. I did this for reasons.

----

Probably more...

bruise.thumb.jpg.f7da9a8dbb804a5fc70e5a9f9d799bec.jpg  Drink.thumb.jpg.d5e3bbf6f7a94798f727ae232b0cfb93.jpg  Gagged.thumb.jpg.1eabe61a63161cccb9e4cd357424121e.jpg

Edited by Tentacus
On 7/5/2022 at 5:26 AM, blackoperations said:

Love the concept and the dialogue is great.  However, after Sorli, which was fun, I've been rescuing guys.  5 in a row.  Is there any way to change that?

This is a slightly modified Notice board.esp makes only womens as the target of the rescue quest  (also removes the restriction of orcs, now female orcs can also be the target of the quest).

notice board.esp

Edited by G1deon388
1 hour ago, G1deon388 said:

This is a slightly modified Notice board.esp makes only womens as the target of the rescue quest  (also removes the restriction of orcs, now female orcs can also be the target of the quest).

notice board.esp 516.3 kB · 0 downloads

Neat... I am certain that @blackoperations in particular will be really happy to see this.

Hey could you PM me (or post here for everyone) exactly how you changed it? I wasn't able to determine how TNB selects NPCs. It would be nice to have a version that disables kids and people from Dragonborn, as well as stupidly important NPCs like Jarls. (I'd like to keep the males personally). I expected it to be a blacklist or whitelist but I wasn't able to find one (but didn't look that hard honestly).

Also while I am asking for things. I don't know my way around here like I do in the Fallout 4 forums. Is there an Skyrim thread for modders (as there is for Fallout 4)? Cause that would be helpful, but I haven't found one... Likewise is there a thread for gay stuff? In the past I found it useful to post in the one for Fallout 4 to let people know that my mods actually have diverse dialogue concerning orientation.

NGL, getting the resposnibility of Hardship off my back has made the idea of modding a little more appealing so I might not be as done as I thought.

Edited by Tentacus
1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Neat... I am certain that @blackoperations in particular will be really happy to see this.

Hey could you PM me (or post here for everyone) exactly how you changed it? I wasn't able to determine how TNB selects NPCs. It would be nice to have a version that disables kids and people from Dragonborn, as well as stupidly important NPCs like Jarls. (I'd like to keep the males personally). I expected it to be a blacklist or whitelist but I wasn't able to find one (but didn't look that hard honestly).

Also while I am asking for things. I don't know my way around here like I do in the Fallout 4 forums. Is there an Skyrim thread for modders (as there is for Fallout 4)? Cause that would be helpful, but I haven't found one... Likewise is there a thread for gay stuff? In the past I found it useful to post in the one for Fallout 4 to let people know that my mods actually have diverse dialogue concerning orientation.

NGL, getting the resposnibility of Hardship off my back has made the idea of modding a little more appealing so I might not be as done as I thought.

To be honest, I understand almost nothing about skyrim modding.
all I did was remove 1 condition (restriction on the race of Orcs) and replaced it with female gender.
as far as I understand, you can also make any conditions you want here

Spoiler

222.jpg

Edited by G1deon388
9 minutes ago, G1deon388 said:

To be honest, I understand almost nothing about skyrim modding.
all I did was remove 1 condition (restriction on the race of Orcs) and replaced it with female gender.
as far as I understand, you can also make any conditions you want here

Sometimes knowing too much is a hindrance... LOL See I would have handled all of that very differently. This reminds me of when I was collaborating with JB on Nukaride, and learned a lot from their totally different approaches. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, G1deon388 said:

I wanted to know if there are plans to add dialogues for interacting with followers?  for example to organize a threesome

No promises, as I just don't do that anymore, but I wouldn't be lying if I said I was already thinking along those lines. Might also allow that interaction between past rescues/victims and current... Though that will probably be an evil only option as working out the consent ramifications given how I set things up might be too tricky. I've also thought about pimping. for evil character... and maybe even good character... though the success chance would be very low of convincing them. 

"Hey... we really need money to get you home!"

Anyway... as I said... no promises.

Edited by Tentacus