Notice Me Senpai - A Notice Board Addon

I made the mistake of checking the dialogue line count of my current build of NMS. It was: 3250! 

That's more than 1000 higher than my last build of Hardship which I worked on for years.

This is somewhat misleading because a lot... Maybe most of Hardship's writing is in the mid sex pop up boxes... but still this is a lot to process... geez. I should have realized something was up when I had to completely abandon dialogue views in favor of using player dialogue, because the load times became impossible. (BTW... New modders just use Player dialogue tab from the start it is 1000x more efficient.)

20 Signs Your Partner is a PsychopathRelationship Surgery ...

Edited by Tentacus

Running with @Scroolose's idea of making positive re-enforcement an actual mechanic has added an entirely new level of complexity to the mod which requires a slow methodical approach...

Which is to say don't expect the update any time soon. especially since I'll be away from my PC for a chunk of next week. That said I feel like it's probably gonna be incredibly awesome. (or a complete disaster.) One of those two. 

Since I'm having to revamp all the rape dialogue, I added a few "forced to gay" and "forced to straight" lines to the forced blowjob/cunnilingus topic. This uses the sexlab orientation so change it for the NPC in the sexlab MCM if you don't like it... before now it was only mostly checked when you initially meet the NPC to determine their response to your  proposition, but now since it could happen after that I will probably add extra checks so that it'll be updated regularly. (Though It'll still probably only play an insignificant part)

Whew... Finally finished revamping all the rape topics. All of them were beefed up with more contextual random dialogue. The dialogue for the femdom topic was incredibly anemic... I don't think I trouched it since before I added the beating system. There were only like 6 random lines of dialogue and none of them had a contextual version for discipline amount... Suffice it to say I beefed it up a lot:

1332869462_Untitled-1copy.jpg.4d6f40121270d399e387339ab6e1aaeb.jpg

I... I sure have biitten off a lot here... ah...hahaha...hahahahaha.

madness unleashed..Gif by RinoaBC on DeviantArt

(If it all comes together it will rule though.) I do think I am gonna have to make a patreon though it is absolutely unhealthy do do this much work for free.

Edited by Tentacus

I "hate" to throw anymore ideas into this, but is it possible to change npcs animations based on dialogue? Maybe by using Dynamic Animation Replacer?

I'm thinking when you max npc discipline, you could tell them to crawl on all fours (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15452?tab=description) .

Something like:

"Now you will get on all fours and follow me like a good, obedient dog."

"W-what? But everyone will see me. That is too humiliating!"

18 minutes ago, Scroolose said:

I "hate" to throw anymore ideas into this, but is it possible to change npcs animations based on dialogue?

If it's a simple AO idle like with the tied hands walk in Zaz then it should be quite possible. I already force the tied wrists idle when you beat the prisoner when they have wrist restraints to keep them on.

I was already thinking about something like this but at this point I can not think about adding anything else... LOL.

Thanks for the link though.

Edited by Tentacus

Update:

Just thought I'd let you know where things stand in the slave training/conditioning mechanics

I added a new stat "Irrational affection" that can be triggered a number of ways.

I've decided I am gonna make fisting increase discipline which is tracked via the "_T_BeatingCounter" global. This might lead to the odd case of dialogue referencing something like "please don't beat me again" when you never actually hit them (Though a lot of that dialogue is more vague) To avoid this just smack them once for your "murzhun".

I will also make it so fisting will have a random chance to increase the Irrational affection. (Feelings be complicated, yo.) 

Likewise The script that reduced the beating counter now also provides the irrational affection so things like letting them rest etc... will have that affect. Therefore I am reducing the chance of this script lowering the beating counter to 75% rather than 100%. Like wise Increasing the beating counter (Via beating... duh) has a 75% chance of lowering the irrational affection stat. because there are A LOT more opportunities now to run that script. In addition to the aforementioned small mercy things, they can have unwilling orgasms which will trigger it, and certain player responses and dialgue can also trigger it.

For my own sanity, the whoring and cuck systems will be largely seperate from this conditioning system.

Protip: Always treat your mod as if it will expand even if you think it's just a throwaway quicky. Centralize things. Don't use globals for stuff applying to multiple characters etc... It's always easier to do a little good practice up front than work around the inherant flaws of your base design. IE: Don't be like me... lol.

This is why Scavver's Closet is such an irredeemable clusterfuck instead of the great mod it could have been. :) 

Oh my god... This gaslightng love dialogue is the creepiest shit I have ever written in my life. I am seriously gonna have to make the disclaimer in 32 pt after this. 

joker-harleen.jpg

Anyway. I'm done working on this till next week. Maybe I'll regain some sanity points over the weekend. ? 

Edited by Tentacus

Update:

Okay so I lied. Got a decent amount done this morning.

I made it so the warning about talking to guards and the dialogue about taking you home disappears when discipline (beatings) is above 4 or Irrational love is above 9. I think this will make things feel more natural as they get used to following you and forget about going home.  The lines will return if both the discipline and irrational love stats fall back below those parameters

If Discipline goes above 10 (you monster) That will be the first level of slave breaking. Discipline will no longer fall below 5 so those lines will be gone for good.

I made it so irrational love ticks down once every 18 ingame hrs. (54 mins IRL) as I feel like I am making it to easy to brainwash them. Playtesting will reveal if I need to make that interval shorter.

10 minutes ago, G1deon388 said:

The final version of the mod will be require the new game start ?

I am going to say yes.

It might work, but I've changed enough scripts that it is almost certainly not a good idea and you'll certainly get more out of it if you restart in any case. I certainly plan to start over when I get to testing. 

Just as a side note: The next version will have archived scripts as Stability was getting iffy with them loose.  I will upload the source as a seperate download for convenience.

Edited by Tentacus

I'm back from my trip. Since I'm gonna be testing so much I finally got my Skyrim VR pimped out with ENB, Lux, and a comprehensive graphics and NPC overhaul. Fucking huge difference. I should get back to working on the mod tomorrow and hopefully can be testing within a couple of days.

If you aren't using Easy NPC I super recommend it. A bit of a pain to go through every NPC but worth it if you want a lot of coverage and don't want every NPC to look like they came from the same Barbie factory.

6 hours ago, Tentacus said:

I'm back from my trip. Since I'm gonna be testing so much I finally got my Skyrim VR pimped out with ENB, Lux, and a comprehensive graphics and NPC overhaul. Fucking huge difference. I should get back to working on the mod tomorrow and hopefully can be testing within a couple of days.

If you aren't using Easy NPC I super recommend it. A bit of a pain to go through every NPC but worth it if you want a lot of coverage and don't want every NPC to look like they came from the same Barbie factory.

I never understood why to install a bunch of conflicting replacers, and then suffer with them in Easy NPC.
Personally, I am satisfied with a set of ColdSun replacers +Botox+Enemy Variations Wenches+Racial Skin Variance + Autobody.
it's easy to install and makes the whole skyrim the most diverse

Edited by G1deon388

I've taken the prisoner to her home but I cant get her to recognize she is there?

It is that Mirtrienne the Mix-blood woman from devious lore, I got her to her door, then console unlocked to go inside, is there something I need to do so she knows she is at home now?

I think I had the same kind of problem when I had a general rescue mission (not from this mod) for a devious lore woman months ago. What is it that tells them where there home is, and why might it not trigger? I am following a marker and it looks like the right place, why do they not know they are there? It might be a problem with the home markers??

1 hour ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

I've taken the prisoner to her home but I cant get her to recognize she is there?

It is that Mirtrienne the Mix-blood woman from devious lore, I got her to her door, then console unlocked to go inside, is there something I need to do so she knows she is at home now?

I think I had the same kind of problem when I had a general rescue mission (not from this mod) for a devious lore woman months ago. What is it that tells them where there home is, and why might it not trigger? I am following a marker and it looks like the right place, why do they not know they are there? It might be a problem with the home markers??

All that stuff is handled by the Notice board, so nothing I can do about it since this mod doesn't interfere with the functioning of that quest in any way. I'd suggest possibly redownloading and reinstalling The Notice Board and then reverting to a save before you took them home. It's possible a script got corrupted. Or maybe there's some kind of conflict with the mod TNB took the NPC from... No idea. Sorry. Maybe report the issue to Devious Lore's author, Though just mention it as a bug with The Notice Board as, Like I said, this mod doesn't interfere with that quest (Manny_up_rp IIRC) in any way.

Also try fast travelling to the town that the NPC is from. Maybe it didn't like the route you took, usually that quest stage triggers if you are anywhere near the destination though.

Edited by Tentacus
12 hours ago, Tentacus said:

All that stuff is handled by the Notice board, so nothing I can do about it since this mod doesn't interfere with the functioning of that quest in any way. I'd suggest possibly redownloading and reinstalling The Notice Board and then reverting to a save before you took them home. It's possible a script got corrupted. Or maybe there's some kind of conflict with the mod TNB took the NPC from... No idea. Sorry. Maybe report the issue to Devious Lore's author, Though just mention it as a bug with The Notice Board as, Like I said, this mod doesn't interfere with that quest (Manny_up_rp IIRC) in any way.

Also try fast travelling to the town that the NPC is from. Maybe it didn't like the route you took, usually that quest stage triggers if you are anywhere near the destination though.

Thanks for this I understand better now. I got past the problem with the console setstage on mannu_up_rc and I think maybe the problem is with the devious lore npcs, I they are meant to stay at home until they are activated later on so maybe they shoudl not be valid targets for these rescue missions until then? I will contact Devious Lore author as you suggest, there could be some flag which can be set to make these npcs safe or exclude them from rescue mission in the first place.

6 hours ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

Thanks for this I understand better now. I got past the problem with the console setstage on mannu_up_rc and I think maybe the problem is with the devious lore npcs, I they are meant to stay at home until they are activated later on so maybe they shoudl not be valid targets for these rescue missions until then? I will contact Devious Lore author as you suggest, there could be some flag which can be set to make these npcs safe or exclude them from rescue mission in the first place.

It should be pretty easy. The place where the conditions are set is shown in a screenshot a page or 2 back near the topic where someone posted how to make them all female and allow orcs. That said I wouldn't suggest messing with those conditions too much for precisely the same reason this mod is conflicting. I added some dialogue for Orcs and Khajiit prisoners (not much) to NMS but TNB needs the NPC to live in the house I doubt they'll ever be used even if someone sets it to allow orcs (le sigh) Does anybody know of a Khajiit that lives in a regular ass house?

I know there is a blacklist of problematic characters like Aventus aratino. You could add NPCs from that mod to that, maybe though it would require making it a master for Notice board. Unless you made a seperate plugin with a script that would add them to the list (The cleanest solution)

Edited by Tentacus

Got started testing but now I'm redoing the main topics (again). I am sick of seeing the "stay close to me" and "we're stopping" topics on the root so I am adding them to the kindness/positive re-enforcement topic which I'd already changed to be Orders and Kindness or Orders and Rewards depending on good or evil player. I think this will make things feel much more natural. It'sust a huge pain in the ass to delete every existing path to those topics.