Forno & Fluffle Puss' Sexy Vault Girl Interface - Official Release -

1 hour ago, wasdwasd12 said:

Hi i think the mod needs a update stuff liek karma is not being changed or better yet can we get a version that dont need VUI honestly I kinda would like to see if this can be done without it it might help fix a lot of headaches? 

Yeah, the contextual faces will be updated next. Please be patient, I have more mods to handle than I ever thought possible these days.

Headaches was what I stopped getting after I approached Axonis about the new feature in VUI+. It will be a hard requirement for good, the very system to show the custom Stats and limb updates was developed by him because of this mod, so without it I'd be facing a wall of trouble that would only serve to push the mod's updates even further. like... a lot and for no good reason. I hope you guys understand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 8:52 AM, haha nothing special said:

Hello, I have been using this mod for a while now, but now I have a problem with the latest update.

I have installed  the required mods to run this mod, but now I only have default interface icons.

I tried doing it with Vortex and manually installing, but to no effect.

Is there a way that can be fixed?

I'm using New Vegas

This is the 3rd report on this, but everything works properly for me, even with VUI+ 9.10 and without me lifting a finger. Might be an Archive invalidation issue, but I'll take a look again. Please do check your AI, though. If you use Vortex, it's got the most efficient method, with an empty BSA and the appropriate changes in the Fallout.ini.

Hello I love your mod 
But.... I do have some Questions

One  ;  I play TTW I was wondering would this ever see support for Big mods like TTW? The Frontier, New California? Just wondering because I love to see support for this and Tale of Two Wastelands.

Second Question :  does this Truly need VUI, could a version be made that dont use VUI, it just their are so many other good hud like mods for use and this could maybe have patches or support for those?? Just was wondering if a bare bones version might be in the next update.

Third Question,  Would this be updated to show the girl image in more Armor UI Images...it kinda feel off to see most of it only for perks and not a replacer for armor.

hell i always wondered why when you play fallout as a girl sometimes to most....only a few images of the vault girl is used in perks and armor icons. (always thought that weird?

I truly do love this mod.....I hope someday a FULL replacers of all Vault Boy UI images can be made in time :3 and AL:L perks can be replaced because only some are replaced and i do kinda feel that is because of VUI overwriting some??

4 hours ago, wasdwasd12 said:

Hello I love your mod 
But.... I do have some Questions

One  ;  I play TTW I was wondering would this ever see support for Big mods like TTW? The Frontier, New California? Just wondering because I love to see support for this and Tale of Two Wastelands.

Second Question :  does this Truly need VUI, could a version be made that dont use VUI, it just their are so many other good hud like mods for use and this could maybe have patches or support for those?? Just was wondering if a bare bones version might be in the next update.

Third Question,  Would this be updated to show the girl image in more Armor UI Images...it kinda feel off to see most of it only for perks and not a replacer for armor.

hell i always wondered why when you play fallout as a girl sometimes to most....only a few images of the vault girl is used in perks and armor icons. (always thought that weird?

I truly do love this mod.....I hope someday a FULL replacers of all Vault Boy UI images can be made in time :3 and AL:L perks can be replaced because only some are replaced and i do kinda feel that is because of VUI overwriting some??

I already answered your first question up there, a few posts above. The limb status HUD would break without VUI+, since the very system was created for this mod.

TTW is already supported, and it is possible to use patches for other UI mods on top of VUI+, it's the authors of those that you need to ask though. VUI+ is more than popular enough to warrant their attention, and its author Axonis at ModDB is very accessible if you'd like to ask for his input.

As for more icons, they'll come as Forno releases more of his art, he deserves to enjoy his summer as much as anyone, my dude. But don't worry about the delays, as soon as he gives us more images, I'll immediately update the mod.

Edited by Fluffle Puss
8 hours ago, Fluffle Puss said:

I already answered your first question up there, a few posts above. The limb status HUD would break without VUI+, since the very system was created for this mod.

TTW is already supported, and it is possible to use patches for other UI mods on top of VUI+, it's the authors of those that you need to ask though. VUI+ is more than popular enough to warrant their attention, and its author Axonis at ModDB is very accessible if you'd like to ask for his input.

As for more icons, they'll come as Forno releases more of his art, he deserves to enjoy his summer as much as anyone, my dude. But don't worry about the delays, as soon as he gives us more images, I'll immediately update the mod.

thank you and sorry you are Right how is he doing so far

On 8/1/2022 at 6:11 AM, wasdwasd12 said:

Hi i think the mod needs a update stuff liek karma is not being changed or better yet can we get a version that dont need VUI honestly I kinda would like to see if this can be done without it it might help fix a lot of headaches? 

What do u mean? The mod suports vui and darnefied ui i saw the options in the install

On 8/1/2022 at 6:11 AM, wasdwasd12 said:

Ok i made a mistake lol sorry, the darn ui support is in the fredas forno mod the one with 4k graphics and all the remastering and stuff i forgot i downloaded both bc i didnt know what to use

22 minutes ago, The Terrible Basket said:

So whats up with Fredas making a dupe post of the same mod i really don't understand why there is 2 versions posted of the same mod with 0 changes to this version poisted on this page?

I don't know man, some people like the attention. Forno allowed it as a just in case alternative to this one since his resources are public anyway.

It's fine, this one is still the Officially backed by Forno's decisions version. Dunno or care how he does things over there, but here I can guarantee that as long as there's users here, I'll faithfully keep updating and supporting you guys.

Edited by Fluffle Puss
1 hour ago, The Terrible Basket said:

So whats up with Fredas making a dupe post of the same mod i really don't understand why there is 2 versions posted of the same mod with 0 changes to this version poisted on this page?

The details of my endeavor are provided in the page's description.  It's not anyone's fault if they don't already know the history behind this, since you'd pretty much have to follow all things Forno to have that understanding.

In a nutshell: My collaboration with Forno predates Fluffle Puss' considerably.  I was the first person to provide for him a fully working mod—you can see this history in Forno's mod thread.  We decided at the time to hold off on releasing until Forno fleshed out the collection more.  It wasn't known then that Forno would have to take extended absences.  Shortly, I had to abandon everything to deal with an emergency; Fluffle Puss' mod was released; I returned, found Forno absent, polished the alpha version of the mod I had submitted to him last year and released it.  Forno returned yesterday to drop his new files.  We corresponded.  He does not consider my work a "just in case" effort.

There are considerable differences between the two mods, most of which can be gleaned from the differing descriptions.  As a quick but succinct example of these differences, largely concerning Forno's latest uploads: The Elijah's Last Words and Elijah's Ramblings perks are properly differentiated in-game, and the Power Armor, In My Footsteps and Ravenous Hunger artwork are, in point of fact, available in-game.  "Complete in fact", if you will.  Not to put too fine a point on things, but my mod's existence is more pertinent than "liking the attention" —as stated in the description, my mod is the only one that does everything I think a Forno mod should do.  I owe nothing less to Forno for our lengthy collaboration, but I also owe it to myself and everyone else, for at the end of the day, it's the mod I actually want to use, and I have a suspicion others may like it also.

169PgC.png

Edited by Fredas
Centered image

Figured I'd point this out, both mods available right now have the basic challenge perk image showing instead of the respective images. Also the travel light perk had the wrong file name having redone at the end of it instead of just perk_travel_light.

3 hours ago, Fredas said:

The details of my endeavor are provided in the page's description.  It's not anyone's fault if they don't already know the history behind this, since you'd pretty much have to follow all things Forno to have that understanding.

In a nutshell: My collaboration with Forno predates Fluffle Puss' considerably.  I was the first person to provide for him a fully working mod—you can see this history in Forno's mod thread.  We decided at the time to hold off on releasing until Forno fleshed out the collection more.  It wasn't known then that Forno would have to take extended absences.  Shortly, I had to abandon everything to deal with an emergency; Fluffle Puss' mod was released; I returned, found Forno absent, polished the alpha version of the mod I had submitted to him last year and released it.  Forno returned yesterday to drop his new files.  We corresponded.  He does not consider my work a "just in case" effort.

There are considerable differences between the two mods, most of which can be gleaned from the differing descriptions.  As a quick but succinct example of these differences, largely concerning Forno's latest uploads: The Elijah's Last Words and Elijah's Ramblings perks are properly differentiated in-game, and the Power Armor, In My Footsteps and Ravenous Hunger artwork are, in point of fact, available in-game.  "Complete in fact", if you will.  Not to put too fine a point on things, but my mod's existence is more pertinent than "liking the attention" —as stated in the description, my mod is the only one that does everything I think a Forno mod should do.  I owe nothing less to Forno for our lengthy collaboration, but I also owe it to myself and everyone else, for at the end of the day, it's the mod I actually want to use, and I have a suspicion others may like it also.

169PgC.png

I knew I shouldn't have engaged. As comical as this promises to get, to Fredas: good luck with your stuff, I have a hundred mods in the works, no interest in forum wars since 2008 and much less time for it. And since you only seem interested in advertising yourself, kindly avoid my mod page and I will do the same with yours.

To my users: Don't mind the high school drama, just be glad of having multiple options. I'd appreciate your reports and continued support.

3 hours ago, kirbsy said:

Figured I'd point this out, both mods available right now have the basic challenge perk image showing instead of the respective images. Also the travel light perk had the wrong file name having redone at the end of it instead of just perk_travel_light.

The challenges haven't been made yet, they all share the same dds; so to make them unique I need to make changes. That's easy enough, just keep in mind that any images you've seen in Forno's resource page that I haven't included, I have specific ideas or suggestions I kinda want to talk about with Forno first. It'll all come when it's as good as can be.

I checked and the Travel Light perk is working properly, both options. Mind being more specific?

44 minutes ago, Fluffle Puss said:

I knew I shouldn't have engaged.

kindly avoid my mod page and I will do the same with yours.

? It's not in my nature to go on the defensive, but the unambiguous phrasing demanded a clarification.  Or perhaps you truly did believe I was some kind of copycat, though departing snipes like, "And since you only seem interested in advertising yourself" bely that likelihood.  Either way, that air is cleared.  I'll stay out of any discussion that isn't a provocation.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:11 PM, Fluffle Puss said:

This is the 3rd report on this, but everything works properly for me, even with VUI+ 9.10 and without me lifting a finger. Might be an Archive invalidation issue, but I'll take a look again. Please do check your AI, though. If you use Vortex, it's got the most efficient method, with an empty BSA and the appropriate changes in the Fallout.ini.

How can I change that?

4 hours ago, haha nothing special said:

How can I change that?

First open Vortex and go to Settings, then the Workarounds tab. There, find and turn on BSA Redirection under Archive Invalidation. The Vortex Archive Invalidation will appear as a new mod in your mod list. Make sure it's active and deploy if it asks you to.

Now go to Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\ There you'll find several ini files. Open Fallout.ini and find the section:

[Archive]

In there you'll see these 2 lines:

SArchiveList=Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa,  Fallout - Misc.bsa

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Just make sure those lines appear as they do above and the Archive Invalidation mod is active in Vortex. That should take care of any trouble. It's a good idea to deactivate and reactivate that mod in Vortex after installing any new mods as well.

On 8/24/2022 at 4:56 AM, Fluffle Puss said:

First open Vortex and go to Settings, then the Workarounds tab. There, find and turn on BSA Redirection under Archive Invalidation. The Vortex Archive Invalidation will appear as a new mod in your mod list. Make sure it's active and deploy if it asks you to.

Now go to Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\ There you'll find several ini files. Open Fallout.ini and find the section:

[Archive]

In there you'll see these 2 lines:

SArchiveList=Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa,  Fallout - Misc.bsa

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Just make sure those lines appear as they do above and the Archive Invalidation mod is active in Vortex. That should take care of any trouble. It's a good idea to deactivate and reactivate that mod in Vortex after installing any new mods as well.

Thank you, Everything works almost fine, I say almost because the body (not in the Pip-boy)  is somewhat mixed, limbs are not together with the body and the head has no face.

Can you please point me where should I change that?