SexLab Framework Development

I've also tried doing an "actor moved" type check in the animation loop, that checks if the actor's current coords doesn't match up with what their coords should be for the animation, incase they get moved by a walking npcs for example.

Good idea in theory, but all the implementations I've tried ran into the same problem:

Where an actor is "offset" to for an animation is usually ~100 units away from the other actor, which the animation itself compensates by having the animation animate the actor those ~100 units away from their 0 point. The result of the animation animating the actor away from their center, is what lets 2+ actors animate together without pushing each other away physically.

That's all well and good, but with the implementations I've tried, Skyrim's functions for getting an actors position seems to be getting their models physical location, rather than where their centered offset is, so trying to compare their current coordinates is always off to what their offset location coords are, at least not by any easily done methods, calculating it based on their current coords and offsets may work if you factor some fancy trigonometry in the equation; but that is far and away from strong suit.

I did a simpler check in SexAddicts, I just stored the X,Y and Z offsets (updated stored values when moved via keys) and when they changed by more than a small amount I moved the actors back into position. Screw the heavy math, do it the easy way.

were you using the same animations? I think the problem ashal was refering to getting that solution to work for sexlab was the animations themselves are off-center to eliminate actor collisions.

though now that I think about it, couldn't you bypass the need for the trig calculations if the built-in offsets are y-axis only? the only rotations we're dealing with here are along the y-axis anyway unless side-ways perpendicular sex is a feature in the works.

The idea he's suggesting is that instead of trying to calculate expected location, just save their starting location after they've been offset for the animation then check against that. Which is stupidly simple enough to work. I'm clearly trying to make it harder than it need be.

that'd be awesome if it did the trick; it solves so many issues with some of the more chaotic mods like defeat and randomattack never quite giving scenes as intended.

throw in a way to make sure actors are unseated before starting and you've basically got everything loverspk did plus more.

So i'm using this but it always resizes my character.. and it always redresses my character into robes, which is damn annoying, even if i throw out the robes it just spawns new ones.

You are talking about the Animated Prostitution mod from Nexus, you are NOT getting robes from this mod (but AP certainly gives you robes in excess :)). You can configure AP to use the SKSE undress routines and it will stop dumping robes on you though.

I added if '!hasplayer() MoveActors()' into the while animating loop that does SFX checks and it's definitely enforcing actor positions extremely strictly and it doesn't appear to be breaking anything either. not the most efficient way to do it, but sure as hell simple.

two problems though, first is that where any misalignments are caused by elements of the environment such as uneven terrain or static collisions (or something, honestly I still don't know what all can cause a misalignment), an actor is still being pushed out of position before being forced back, resulting in some bouncing behavior, though imo this is far less unnatractive than having actors totally out of alignment which is what would happen otherwise.

other problem is this produces unacceptable bouncing for the player due to the 10 unit height offset. hence the !hasplayer() check. unfortunate but players are able to manually realign at will anyway.

A couple requests/suggestions for future versions.  Forgive me if these have been mentioned elsewhere or are not possible.

- A keybind for open/close mouth (preferably saved as an "alignment" factor for the animation stage).  If this would cause the aforementioned MFG/face contortion issues, then disregard.

- Separate volume adjustments for male/female voices, perhaps linked to specific actors/animation sets (not sure if that last part is feasible).

- Possibility for varying reverb/volume/tonal sound effects based on specific animations/conditions (something in the mouth causing muffled sounds, etc)

Something I saw in the other thread where you mentioned that "it's infeasible and unrealistic to setup/save alignments on every animation for every race, gender, and animation combo".  Would it be feasible to have an alignment conditional where "actor 1" is the player character?  The reason I ask is because my preference is for a PC who is shorter (relatively) than the other actors, and uses HDT to compensate for that height, but any other female characters are at their default heights.  While the new per-stage alignments are far better (phenomenal even) for my purposes, F/F animations with actor 1/2 positional changes can require a lot of realignment.

I know nothing about the scripting, and if this would entail a lot of work, it is fine to ignore the suggestion.  It is an edge case at any rate.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, Ashal.  It is much appreciated.

Could you include MatchMaker in SexLab package? It would be great if there is MCM option for MatchMaker (disabled by default) to enable it and give player skills to test new changes then again disable it and remove skills and continue with regular gameplay and keep it lore friendly.

Also im not sure if this is the correct place to mention this idea but...

It would be great if instead of hotkeys we have User Interface when sex scene starts.

For example:

Slider to control camera movement. (Similar to those in showracemenu).

-1 0 1  positions  (with camera focused on actors: -1= rotate camera left 5 degrees then reset slider to 0, 1= rotate camera right 5 degrees then reset slider to 0, or player moves slider to 0 to stop rotation) (5 degrees is probably to much/to fast rotation).

Face to Face mod is an example on how camera can focus on actors.

Another slider could be for zooming in and out and another for up and down (both would reset to 0)

Instead of using "rotate by 45 degrees" this minimalistic UI could be called instead (1 hotkey could replace many if most of the controls are available in UI)

While player is in sex scene - there would probably be no need to use hotkey to get this UI coz camera focus could be started by SexLab scripts.

When NPCs are in sex scene - Player could sneak to watch. (Skyrim UI shows eye icon while sneaking) This is where SexLab could run checks (if npcs are having sex and player is sneaking and U key is pressed then to run UI with camera controls) to make things visible from better perspective.

I do need some clarification if I disable a foreplay animation in toggle animations will the foreplay animation still possible when that same animation is on in toggle foreplay animations.

Also is it possible for you to make only certain animation work on bed since it does not make sense to have standing animations on the bed.

sslThreadModel Make = SexLab.NewThread()
Make.AddActor(me, voice = SexLab.GetVoiceByTag("Weak"), victim = true)
Make.AddActor(TheNext, voice = SexLab.GetVoiceByTag("Loud"))
Make.SetAnimations(SexLab.GetAnimationsByType(2, aggressive = true))
Make.SetHook("DefeatPvic")
sslThreadController Thread = Make.StartThread()

I'm trying your new system but this code won't compile, what did I do wrong ?

I'm using the 1.1b

Errors :

GetVoiceByTag is not a function or does not exist

cannot find a parameter named victim

Also a question, is it possible to make a Npc silent?

"Make.AddActor(me, voice = none)" or something? actually that compile but does nothing.

I do need some clarification if I disable a foreplay animation in toggle animations will the foreplay animation still possible when that same animation is on in toggle foreplay animations.

Also is it possible for you to make only certain animation work on bed since it does not make sense to have standing animations on the bed.

A scene needs to be toggled both in animation and foreplay in order to play that scene during foreplay so if you untick it in regular animations then it wont play at all.

I would love a toggleable choice where we could choose whether a scene resets its alignment when it switches to a new stage.

For some of the scenes you have to work with the hotkeys to make the actors align properly and then when you switch its all ruined, I realise that you changed this recently for good reason but it does get quite annoying.

Also, I feel that the realignment between stages in a scene is too abrupt, sometimes the actors get "thrown" up in the air before the scene resumes, this could be worth working on.

This.  

I find myself resetting the allignment every time a scene advances or changes.

Ashal, a suggestion for any upcoming Framework patches, is to enable at least one of Arrok's 3-way animations by default in the aggressive animation list.  I believe "Devil's 3-way" is the more 'aggressive' looking of the two.

With both my mod and the Framework being recently updated, I know that none being checked by default has caused a lot of confusion with many people recently updating their Framework then wondering why no sex scenes are playing when there are 3 actors involved in an aggressive segue.

Another request for future version:   A "default" position adjustment in the MCM.  I find that I am making the same adjustments for every stage of every animation just given the characters' relative proportions.  (I created a keyboard macro for it.)  Would be awesome to have SL automatically apply those adjustments as a base.

As an aside: is there a file that contains that adjustment data?  If so, I could modify that data directly.

Thanks again!

I have a suggestion.

To make sex more realistic, you should lip sync the audio.

I've seen a bunch of sex mods and so far only 1 of them has this feature Animated Prostitution.

I know the creator accomplished this by adding dialogue during the sex animations.

His animations were added to the framework, so why not include this feature as well?

So, gender detection might need some work, as, well, my female character got into a tripidism pose with a dude. Was funny to watch I admit ,but weird as hell.

Animation selection is up to individual mods, if they are pulling by simple tags like "sex" they'll fail to filter out something like tribadism. If a mod doesn't make an animation selection SexLab defaults to searching by genders and actor count, which does filter out tribadism where needed just fine.

I have a suggestion.

To make sex more realistic, you should lip sync the audio.

I've seen a bunch of sex mods and so far only 1 of them has this feature Animated Prostitution.

I know the creator accomplished this by adding dialogue during the sex animations.

His animations were added to the framework, so why not include this feature as well?

It already does this.

Another request for future version:   A "default" position adjustment in the MCM.  I find that I am making the same adjustments for every stage of every animation just given the characters' relative proportions.  (I created a keyboard macro for it.)  Would be awesome to have SL automatically apply those adjustments as a base.

As an aside: is there a file that contains that adjustment data?  If so, I could modify that data directly.

Thanks again!

Default offsets are stored in the scripts sslAnim<Name Here>.psc/pex files. 

For 1.12 I'm going to be adding a "stage" vs "animation" adjustment toggle, like how holding shift changes it going forward or backward, holding ctrl and pressing the adjustment hotkey will make it effect the whole animation, rather than just stage.

Ashal, a suggestion for any upcoming Framework patches, is to enable at least one of Arrok's 3-way animations by default in the aggressive animation list.  I believe "Devil's 3-way" is the more 'aggressive' looking of the two.

With both my mod and the Framework being recently updated, I know that none being checked by default has caused a lot of confusion with many people recently updating their Framework then wondering why no sex scenes are playing when there are 3 actors involved in an aggressive segue.

With 3 person animations, it would be better to manually select the animations via GetAnimationsByType(3), rather than leaving it to default selections affected by aggressive tags.

*snip*

For 1.12 I'm going to be adding a "stage" vs "animation" adjustment toggle, like how holding shift changes it going forward or backward, holding ctrl and pressing the adjustment hotkey will make it effect the whole animation, rather than just stage.

Phenomenal!

*snip*

Phenomenal!

On second thought, I'm probably going to do it the other way around, normal adjustments will effect the whole animation, but holding ctrl make it effect just the stage. More often than not one adjustment works for most stages.

I just had a thought that may not work, about the alternatives to actors warping to each other. I was wondering if making them become a follower to each other for a short duration somehow might work. Followers always want to get close, if the animation played a few seconds later there would not be a huge warp.

I love you...I mean! this mod...I always fear using mods as I always get the crash on game load. BUT! Sexlab was super easy to install and works amazing~ for the past 5 days I have had zero issues with it and works well with the bodies I picked!

big big thank you and keep up the good work!

Don't know if the following has been already implemented in the latest version (i 've been away from Skyrim due to my laptop's recent overheating issues-planning for a new PC rig) but it would be really interesting if there was a way to implement wet textures on females and males during intercorse as a choise via MCM menu like the nude suits options.Those texture will have to be applied during the later stages of sex positions and not from the start so as to give a feeling of efford/heat etc.

Big improvements have been made in the last update, thanks a lot Ashal!

I would like to give some feedback and suggestions:

1) The TFC toggle key from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30461//? works (without freezing skyrim when the animation is finished). It messes with SkyUI and MCM though (one can only use arrow keys there). But maybe it is good to know that a TFC key is possible and perhaps the code is useful even though it is for Scriptdragon. EDIT: this TFC mod seemed to have unwanted effects which disappeared after removing it.

2) Strapons are not always initated or removed after the animation.

3) A check that a bed is occupied would be nice.

4) It would be an improvement when the random NPC babble is temporarily stopped. It is disturbing when someone stands next to you and asks "do you need something" 20 times. Perhaps this is hard or even impossible.

5) Apart from point 2, all seems to work fine!

Don't know if the following has been already implemented in the latest version (i 've been away from Skyrim due to my laptop's recent overheating issues-planning for a new PC rig) but it would be really interesting if there was a way to implement wet textures on females and males during intercorse as a choise via MCM menu like the nude suits options.Those texture will have to be applied during the later stages of sex positions and not from the start so as to give a feeling of efford/heat etc.

The answer is yes, it is possible as it's being done in Sanguine's Debauchery when the DB dances or is raped.