SexLab Framework Development

I kind of like Ms Leeches idea of the difficulty slider for the experience algorithm. But I would like to suggest having it a hidden function that is callable by mods to adjust it. So mods like Sisterhood of Dibella or SD2 when it comes out, could have an MCM menu slider for it. Have it's default value at the (45 minutes-easy) you originally figured, then double that for (90 minutes-normal) or quadruple the original value (180 minutes-hard) and I suppose you could add in a (360 minutes-OMG I'm a sexaddict) level.

Finished with all the stat stuff, trying to decide what to do with expressions now. Not sure if I want to keep them as they are and simply add a toggle to turn them off, or make them much more limited by removing the MCM page and baking the existing expressions into the the framework rather than being "API extendable" similar to how voices and animations are.

I'm not sold on them being important, noticeable, or reliable enough to warrant all the extra resources they take up as is to leave them as they are now. In either case however, they will have a global on/off toggle this time around, and be disabled by default due to their not playing nice with moan lip sync (which will also have an on/off toggle).

After I get expressions sorted out, I'll release the next alpha. And then it's onto new features.

Finished with all the stat stuff, trying to decide what to do with expressions now. Not sure if I want to keep them as they are and simply add a toggle to turn them off, or make them much more limited by removing the MCM page and baking the existing expressions into the the framework rather than being "API extendable" similar to how voices and animations are.

I'm not sold on them being important, noticeable, or reliable enough to warrant all the extra resources they take up as is to leave them as they are now. In either case however, they will have a global on/off toggle this time around, and be disabled by default due to their not playing nice with moan lip sync (which will also have an on/off toggle).

After I get expressions sorted out, I'll release the next alpha. And then it's onto new features.

Are there plans for adding auto equipping of wet textures while on intercourse as a new feature after the alpha 3 release?

Honestly I'm not here to make things more complicated than they already are but.... You may want to use a skill average. For instance in your blowjob example if the person who is receiving isn't very skilled they aren't going to last very long but if the person giving the blowjob is highly skilled then they may be able to edge things as a counter.

I should probably look at the code before I post comments about timers and skills. Or after. After works.

If there's an expression and lipsynch toggle that'd be fine. Cleaned up installs in 1.39b and got expressions working, just looks like lipsynch would conflict with them. I do agree they help immersion, and if I had to choose I'd disable lipsynch over the facial expression. Having the option to disable/enable one or live with both would be awesome.

Using 1.42 alpha now and no issues so far. Got it working with Defeat, Lovers Comfort, Aroused, SoS, and Romance so far. Avoiding Zaz animations and any voice replacing mods.

---

I imagine this all sounds mostly useless and like I'm spending a lot of time on something rather trivial in the grand scheme, SexLab mods barely use the stat functions as is. I'm hoping to make them interesting enough to change that however, and personally I'm just more interested in the more "game-y" type mods that add something interesting; rather than just mindless random sex, hopefully these type of stat based features will spur modders to come up with such mods.

Yeah I totally agree with this, even though visual enhancements are very important when they add to immersion.

That's also why my most anticipated feature for the next version is this one below, as I think it can add a lot to both gameplay, variability and immersion.

• Allow modders to easily force an NPC to start dialog with player, inside and outside of animation
  • Actors walk/run into position instead of warp/glide into position

i guess what lack (at least for me) its not sexlab framework problem, but the mods wich use that, lack of doing things more sensual (i dnt know how write sensuality right lol, sorry) , i think goes like that (using like a example)  : i can have sex with a prostitute any time, but if she dont put me at right mod will not be really a good experience for me, will be too mechanical. I think i made me undestand, im not saying mod X or Y its bad or W goes better, just saying my point of view, dnt start a flame war because that, please.

I'm thinking of saving adjustments by scale difference instead of race, i.e. 1.0 to 1.1 pairings instead of Human with Altmer. I hope for a way to skip particular animations because they really don't work with particular pairings for some reason that would work without changing the standard scripts.

Would it be possible with the new version to store custom position adjustments for a particular mod and apply those automatically instead of the race specific ones being built in to the new version? It would be good to have a supported way to specify a different set of adjustments to apply other than the race specific ones which will be standard.

Is it supported within the SL framework to apply custom tag filters when selecting which animations are used?

Can someone explain me how to get the sexlabframework (which I installed) work so that I have a decent amount of sexanimation which can be started in game. In the description it is only mentioned that I have to instal relevant plugins,, but when I look at the plugin index there is a lot of stuff and a lot completely unrelated and no simple mod for example saying start sex now with npc x and use all the animation that exist, do I miss something? I thought sexlab covers everything which came out so far, but apparently all this animation are nowhere to find or to start

Halp!!!!

I'm thinking of saving adjustments by scale difference instead of race, i.e. 1.0 to 1.1 pairings instead of Human with Altmer. I hope for a way to skip particular animations because they really don't work with particular pairings for some reason that would work without changing the standard scripts.

Would it be possible with the new version to store custom position adjustments for a particular mod and apply those automatically instead of the race specific ones being built in to the new version? It would be good to have a supported way to specify a different set of adjustments to apply other than the race specific ones which will be standard.

Is it supported within the SL framework to apply custom tag filters when selecting which animations are used?

The current adjustments are not saved by race, that is the idea behind what will be in the next version. Once the new version comes out just use the scale option so the actors for any race will always be the same size and then the by race scaling will work.

Selection of animations by filters is already possible.

The current adjustments are not saved by race, that is the idea behind what will be in the next version. Once the new version comes out just use the scale option so the actors for any race will always be the same size and then the by race scaling will work.

Selection of animations by filters is already possible.

I was writing about an alternative to using the existing scale option in the context of the next version so that the actors don't have to be the same size.

Quick question.

sslThreadController used to have a function called UpdateTimer.  This function is now missing, as sslThreadController was at some point almost completely rewritten.  A mod called PuppetMaster makes use of UpdateTimer.  The absence of this function apparently does not break the mod (that I know of), but I still have a problem.  I am trying to make a small change to the mod, and part of this process involves recompiling its main script.  The compile fails, however, because it is trying to call a function (UpdateTimer) which no longer exists.

So what I would like to know is: What would be the effective equivalent, given SexLab Framework's current iteration, of the following example of no-longer-valid code?

sslThreadController cont = SexLab.HookController(argString)
  if(cont)
    cont.UpdateTimer(60.0)
  endif

Thanks.

Quick question.

sslThreadController used to have a function called UpdateTimer.  This function is now missing, as sslThreadController was at some point almost completely rewritten.  A mod called PuppetMaster makes use of UpdateTimer.  The absence of this function apparently does not break the mod (that I know of), but I still have a problem.  I am trying to make a small change to the mod, and part of this process involves recompiling its main script.  The compile fails, however, because it is trying to call a function (UpdateTimer) which no longer exists.

So what I would like to know is: What would be the effective equivalent, given SexLab Framework's current iteration, of the following example of no-longer-valid code?

sslThreadController cont = SexLab.HookController(argString)
  if(cont)
    cont.UpdateTimer(60.0)
  endif

Thanks.

What was UpdateTimer() for? I can't currently remember what it's use was and I'm to lazy to roll back through the versions to when it was still there.

In any case, if the mod still functions despite that function missing, than it's entirely safe to remove from the script so you can compile, as it's already doing nothing.

While a better idea in theory, getting scales in papyrus is tricky and not ideal, actors scale being varied with a race beyond male/female is uncommon as far as I know. Putting aside any 3rd party mod that varies the height of actors within a race.

A Breton might have a scale of 0.95, but if you get their scale in papyrus, you typically get their relative scale back, and not their over "global scale" so your average 0.95 Breton, will have a scale of 1.0, as they are a full 1.0 Breton in size. Leading to most actors using an adjustment pairing for 1.0 and 1.0, despite them actually being 0.95 and 1.10, rendering it useless without first getting their actual base scales.

Their actual base scales could be attained, but this is something that involves scaling and un-scaling the actor various times in rapid succession, which has a noticeable visual effect on the actor. Atleast this is what my experience tells me, if somebody knows of a reliable and easy way to get accurate scales in Papyrus it is not known to me.

Moreover they might not work as well between certain combinations; alignments made for a 0.95 Breton & 1.10 Nord might not work as well for a 0.95 Khajiit and a 1.10 Orc. Different races, skeletons, and genders all play a factor in the accuracy of an alignment more than a simple scale number.

Right now I think the solution implemented in the current alpha build is the most ideal, it uses both race and gender combinations for the adjustment storage.

What was UpdateTimer() for? I can't currently remember what it's use was and I'm to lazy to roll back through the versions to when it was still there.

I actually don't know, besides what the name implies, ie something to do with making a change to some timer (60 seconds, in this case).  The missing function and associated variable are here:

http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/framework/blob/b8cbc1ba9c7139876f09cffe3c90ee8938ade86b/scripts/Source/sslThreadController.psc

float advanceAt

function UpdateTimer(float toTimer = 0.0)
    if toTimer > 0.0
        advanceAt = Utility.GetCurrentRealTime() + toTimer
        timedStage = true
    else
        advanceAt = Utility.GetCurrentRealTime() + StageTimer()
        timedStage = false
    endIf
endFunction

In any case, if the mod still functions despite that function missing, than it's entirely safe to remove from the script so you can compile, as it's already doing nothing.

Granted, yes.  I actually have some interest in reinstating the function (rather, the current equivalent), as I have a suspicion that the animations PuppetMaster makes use of are playing with odd timing / too short in general.

That sets the number of seconds left in the current animation stage.

There is no good way to replicate that in current builds, as it was replaced by the more encompassing function that combined multiple functions into one, as I saw little point in StageTimer() and UpdateTimer() being separate functions, and UpdateTimer() isn't something I ever intended to be used by modders or I would've taken more care to leave it in.

The current version of it accepts no parameters, as it combines the toTimer argument with it's own access to the number that would normally be passed there, cutting out the middle man. Here's the current version that replaced it if you're curious, though it won't really help you much:

float function GetTimer()
	; // Custom acyclic stage timer
	if Animation.HasTimer(Stage)
		TimedStage = true
		return Animation.GetTimer(Stage)
	endIf
	; // Default stage timers
	TimedStage = false
	int last = ( Timers.Length - 1 )
	if Stage < last
		return Timers[(Stage - 1)]
	elseIf Stage >= StageCount
		return Timers[last]
	endIf
	return Timers[(last - 1)]
endFunction

StageTimer = Utility.GetCurrentRealTime() + GetTimer()

It doesn't really help you now, but I'll add an UpdateTimer() function back in on the next release.

If your intention is just personal use, just add this to sslThreadController and recompile it:

function UpdateTimer(float AddSeconds = 0.0)
	TimedStage = true
	StageTimer += AddSeconds
endFunction

I've included this function in my current dev build now so it'll be there in the next release.

If the current build (march 20) on git is a working version.. there are a few serious bugs.

First I cant start a new game, when i start the game nothing would appear on the screen, only thing that worked was actually console. Disabling Sexlab(and all related mods) allowed me to start new game normally again.

I could test the new version by starting a new game without sexlab enabled, then enable sexlab after saving once. 

Testing the march 20th version, advance stage hotkey(spacebar) did not work, expression did not work for me, I was able to start the animation successfully however.

re: scales... well darn. I was thinking along the lines of upscaled Amazon women and the like :-p I suppose someone could make a set of adjustments which were mod-specific for a custom race.

How hard is it to add custom races to the current adjustment logic without changing the SL base scripts in the new version?

If adjustments are saved automatically based on gender and race for custom races too and the saved settings don't get wiped anymore when the animation registry is rebuilt then that'd be good.

It'd be even better if a script can be used to load a new set of gender/race settings when a mod if initialized for the first time especially if the mod contains new animations not in the standard SL.

Sorry if I haven't loaded the alpha and experimented with it yet. I'm just returning to Skyrim after a year away and was really happy to see that your mod existed at all! Great job!

Let me first compliment you and the other devs. for what has been a flawless Immersive mod experience with the framework, and plug ins.

Once I was able to find a happy spot in the load order has been a flawless almost entirely crash free experience. And have integrated SOS flawlessly as well. Have managed to do this without save corruption issues, and still have un - broken quests.

• Framework
  • Romance
  • Spouses
  • Arroused and Anims..
  • SOS (Excellent graphics)
  • TDF Aggressive Prostitution

Being a Nexus Junkie I have had to put up with some very crappy content and devs.

The management and Devs here are much better!    A pleasant supprize,

Someone here needs to have te balls to do longer, harder, deeper videos that are about the framework,, and the plug-ins