SexLab Framework Development

Does the stats page include non consensual sex also? Maybe that should not count toward one's sexual preference. 

SexLab doesn't do anything with gender preferences other than provide mods a means to access it.

Any sexuality restrictions that are happening on any animation is being done purely by other modders.

I think he meant that being raped by a male shouldn't turn a male heterosexual PC bi-/homosexual (dunno if SexLab does that at the moment, can't figure it out by your answer).

That would completely destroy any concept of "turning" an actor's orientation, which many people wouldn't be happy about. It would also completely destroy the point of the Male and Female partner counts on the stats page since they'd no longer be technically accurate, forcing the need to track separate counts  just to separate total and orientation. 

Moreover the point of SexLab is to enable modders and stay out of their way as much as possible to let them make their own choices for how their mod should play out, not force an outcome on them one way or the other.

This may be a question that might better be asked of Fore, but I'll ask none-the-less.

Is it possible to run a sequenced animation with more than one acyclic animation present without it mucking up the players ability to transition between the scenes within SexLab ?  I've seen several animations that have the lead in as an acyclic animation, but I haven't seen any that end with one.  ( Transition in and out of the scene )

Eg:

S -a myanimation_a1_s1 myanimation_a1_s1.hkx

+ myanimation_a1_s2 myanimation_a1_s2.hkx

+ myanimation_a1_s3 myanimation_a1_s3.hkx

+ -a myanimation_a1_s4 myanimation_a1_s4.hkx

I've built a new animation and while it does work, it seems I'm having to hit the transition key ( spacebar ) more than I thought would be needed in order to move on to the next scene.  ( If that makes any sense )

Perhaps you should include some little mods in the main framework in your next update, such as sexlab squirt, cumshot, misc features... Don't think it's really justified to leave them as standalone mods since they just add basic functions which are not in the sexlab mcm menu yet. This could help to have more stability and less esp in our list...

This may be a question that might better be asked of Fore, but I'll ask none-the-less.

Is it possible to run a sequenced animation with more than one acyclic animation present without it mucking up the players ability to transition between the scenes within SexLab ?  I've seen several animations that have the lead in as an acyclic animation, but I haven't seen any that end with one.  ( Transition in and out of the scene )

Eg:

I've built a new animation and while it does work, it seems I'm having to hit the transition key ( spacebar ) more than I thought would be needed in order to move on to the next scene.  ( If that makes any sense )

Your stage 1 basically includes stage 2 as well, once the acyclic animation on a1_s1 ends, they roll right into playing a1_s2, but it's still technically stage 1. So at the start of the animation it looks like your playing stage 2, but really are one stage 1. Hitting spacebar then takes you to stage 2, where you start playing the animation the actor is already playing since the acyclic ended.

You essentially have a 4 stage SexLab animation there. I don't think you can end a sequence with an acyclic though, if you do it'll probably end with a frozen character or something, I'm not sure. In either case I'd probably make the last stage not part of the sequence, just a baisc animation with "b -a myanimation_a1_s4 myanimation_a1_s4.hkx" then in SexLab you could make that stage use a specific timer using SetStageTimer() during the animation registration; that way it only plays the the exit animation then ends the stage automatically.

Not sure if that answers your question or not.

Ashal, is it correct that creature sex does not count towards the anal/vag erc stats?

They don't, mostly just because I forgot to tag them as such when I implemented them, and keep forgetting to each update.

What does the value findGender = -1 of the function 'FindAvailableActor()' specify?

-1 = all genders, 0 = male, 1 = female, ? = creature?

Yes, it specifies what gender you want to search for.

-1 is male or female (does not include creature)

0 male

1 female

2 creature

Eg:

Your stage 1 basically includes stage 2 as well, once the acyclic animation on a1_s1 ends, they roll right into playing a1_s2, but it's still technically stage 1. So at the start of the animation it looks like your playing stage 2, but really are one stage 1. Hitting spacebar then takes you to stage 2, where you start playing the animation the actor is already playing since the acyclic ended.

You essentially have a 4 stage SexLab animation there. I don't think you can end a sequence with an acyclic though, if you do it'll probably end with a frozen character or something, I'm not sure. In either case I'd probably make the last stage not part of the sequence, just a baisc animation with "b -a myanimation_a1_s4 myanimation_a1_s4.hkx" then in SexLab you could make that stage use a specific timer using SetStageTimer() during the animation registration; that way it only plays the the exit animation then ends the stage automatically.

Not sure if that answers your question or not.

Actually it does.  I'll play around with isolating the final stage from the rest of the sequence and testing it ingame.  I wasn't aware of the SetStageTimer and that may explain why my end sequence ( which was a bit longer than normal ) wouldn't finish before the script reset the actors. 

I've since retimed the final stage, but will also play with the timer to see what options it opens up. 

IDEA FOR FINAL "AFTERGLOW" STAGE TO SEXLAB

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my idea is for sexlab itself, not a mod based on sexlab, so I am posting here rather than the Ideas for Mods thread.

My idea is pretty simple: I think sexlab could be better even than it is (and it is already great) if there were a final (and optional) "Afterglow" stage, making for a kind of symmetry with the initial optional "foreplay" stage. The Afterglow would come after the orgasm, so there would be a lot of cum splattered over faces and bodies. Possible animations would include:

1) Kissing, but this time with sperm textures on the woman's face, so the kissing would amount to snowballing

2) Cuddling, but again with a messy load on both participants (especially the woman)

3) blowjob, but on a softening cock this time, to clean him up

4) eating of creampie

New animations would be nice, but some of the ones we already have would also work well. The Afterglow would end with a fadeout to blackscreen--somehow more romantic than just snapping to attention, or even falling away in a ragdoll. The great Spouses Enhanced mod uses just such a fade out for sex in the marital bed, and it  adds great immersion. Like Foreplay, Afterglow would be an optional feature, configurable in MCM with a relatively small menu of anims. The key features would be: i) ample sperm textures (to signal post climax supplemental action) and ii) semi hard dicks to signal exhaustion. Maybe the oral animations could include removal of the sperm texture to expose natural flesh and so imply oral ingestion, or (in the case of kissing) sperm falling from both mouths to signal voracious snowballing.

A simple idea but I think it would add a lot of character and atmosphere.

"Males" and "Females" are the names of the skills for sex partner counts used in sexuality calculation.

If you wanted to for example decrease the number of Male partners an actor has had by 1:

AdjustSkill(ActorRef, "Males", -1)
Or increase their female partner count by 5
AdjustSkill(ActorRef, "Females", 5)
AdjustSkill() increases/decreases an established skill by the given amount, SetInt() will override their skill count with whatever you put.

The available native skills are:

• Females
  • Males
  • Creatures
  • Anal
  • Vaginal
  • Oral
  • Victim
  • Aggressor
  • Masturbation
Thank you, it was my own mistake that i forgot to set this property, so I thought that I miss something in code or use function incorrect. Was using SexlabFramework property and not sslAcrorStats, so it failed to compile.

Aight, someone stop me or feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

Some animations forthcoming as I get into the swing of things and wanted to run this past you all before I jumped in feet first and blow something up. 

I know Ashal is busy as hell working with the SL updates, so a thought occured to me as a means to placate those who are waiting on release X.Y to include whatever animations are pending.  Unless I'm missing something ( and it's a good possibility ) you need the following things to get the animations working in SexLab ( assuming the code hasn't changed much ) for a new werewolf animation:   ( change critters based on the animation being done of course )

1)  The converted and ready to go animations

2)  The updated FNIS animation file located in the same directory as the animations edited to include the new files

3)  The updated FNIS behavior files associated with the mod ( In my case would be FNIS_SexLabCreature_werewolfbeast_Behavior.hkx and its player character counterpart in the actors/characters/behaviors folder )

4)  The updated and compiled .pex script file ( sslCreatureAnimationDefaults.pex ) to register and setup the new animations

I basically test my own animations with the above procedure,  but I've never considered distributing it with the animation files until now. 

I think, if the above files are distributed out with the animations ( in a correct folder hierarchy for simple drag and drop installation ) , then ( once installed ) you should be able to just run the FNIS for Users, start the game, then reset the animation registry within SexLab to get it up and running.  The beauty of this would be any future official SexLab releases would simply overwrite all the script and behavior files, it would add it's own animation files ( since Ashals naming convention would likely be different ) leaving only the old animation files to be deleted at the users whim.  I can't think of a conflict this would cause. . . . thus this post for those whose coding skills are far in excess of mine. 

Thoughts ?

Hi,

I'd like to see a way of de-selecting all animations within the MCM Menu so you can choose a specific one to play for the scene, and then a handy way of selecting them all again (or going back to default selections). It's a bit of a pain having to select or de-select them all just so you can get to play the one animation you want.

I can see that you can press 'R' to reset to default, but it doesn't seem to work?

Actually posted this in the normal Thread already but just incase.

The current animation system thanks to papyrus has the 2nd actor lag behind.

Which usually is the male partner. Of course it can be the other way around however Im 90% sure that the player character is female.

Also most animations have a male lead, which means the guy does the thrusts and the female so to say "responds" with her movement. Makes sense?

To break it down:

Its easier to say in terms of aggressive animations, where the male pushes against the female characters body and the female body gets pushed back in return.

However with the current system it looks like the female player pushes ahead on her own and pulls the male body after her as if the male was a marionette on strings.

Im not really up to date if theres a solution for that in the works, however in most animations that Ive encountered, it would make more sense for the male character to be the lead and push in this, even if its out of sync, it would make a lot more sense.

Therefore wouldnt it be a good idea to change the way sexlab calls on the animations.

Instead of having the player character start, have the NPC start the animation with the player being 2nd?

Or just have the male character start if theres a way of doing that.

Just my 2 cents but I think its an idea worth implenting.

this has porbly bin asked a lot but any plans or thorts on xbox controller support? is it even possible?

Closest thing I can think of is utilizing both the controller and JoyToKey with a self-made profile. I haven't tried anything of the sort with Skyrim, but I did make it possible for me to play Oblivion with a controller.

No pressure-sensitivity though. That is beyond my talents for sure.

Give other programs a shot, and see what's up. If you find an awesome way to use JoyToKey to map those keys without sacrificing anything really important (like attack), please do share. I simply have way way way too much homework to try myself. I get a break in March...

So I've kinda gone off the deep end again, and am once again majorily rewriting SexLab's code to the point I'm considering releasing the next version as SexLab 2.0

Before when I did this on 1.20's release, it wasn't so much a rewrite as a "restructuring," most of the code was kept and just shuffled around to new scripts, the result was less repeated coding and being able to track down specific parts of the framework to work on easier. All well in and good, but for the most part it was still using the same old code with a few performance improvements (and in some cases determinants) tacked onto the side to try and convince myself it was worth the effort.

Now however, I am rewriting everything literally from the start. I've erased everything and am starting fresh, tackling each part as if I was making a whole new mod, rethinking core concepts and enforcing a stricter consistency across the board, while also actually simplyfying much of SexLab's previously cumberson portions.

I don't really anticipate it breaking many current mods, as I am keeping all modder facing API function names and arguments the exact same so they should work out of the box, a few mods using the more hidden stuff in SexLab, stuff not contained in the SexLabFramework.psc, SexLabUtil.psc, and sslUtility.psc API scripts, may break in minor ways, but they should be easy to update.

Right now I have the animation sets and threads implemented, which are the 2 biggest components in SexLab by far. Leftover is a redo of the MCM, Voices, Expressions, Stats, and the modder API.

Which usually is the male partner. Of course it can be the other way around however Im 90% sure that the player character is female.

Also most animations have a male lead, which means the guy does the thrusts and the female so to say "responds" with her movement. Makes sense?

To break it down:

Its easier to say in terms of aggressive animations, where the male pushes against the female characters body and the female body gets pushed back in return.

However with the current system it looks like the female player pushes ahead on her own and pulls the male body after her as if the male was a marionette on strings.

Im not really up to date if theres a solution for that in the works, however in most animations that Ive encountered, it would make more sense for the male character to be the lead and push in this, even if its out of sync, it would make a lot more sense.

Therefore wouldnt it be a good idea to change the way sexlab calls on the animations.

Instead of having the player character start, have the NPC start the animation with the player being 2nd?

Refer to previous time I explained this in depth: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25448-anyone-running-with-a-hd-7950/?p=645399

There is still no new magical way to send an animation to multiple actors faster than a literal line by line basis can.

Any logic you want to add to it by adding checks for player/npc position to determine who goes first is only going to add to that delay and make it even worse, or have little to no impact whatsoever.

So I've kinda gone off the deep end again, and am once again majorily rewriting SexLab's code to the point I'm considering releasing the next version as SexLab 2.0

Before when I did this on 1.20's release, it wasn't so much a rewrite as a "restructuring," most of the code was kept and just shuffled around to new scripts, the result was less repeated coding and being able to track down specific parts of the framework to work on easier. All well in and good, but for the most part it was still using the same old code with a few performance improvements (and in some cases determinants) tacked onto the side to try and convince myself it was worth the effort.

Now however, I am rewriting everything literally from the start. I've erased everything and am starting fresh, tackling each part as if I was making a whole new mod, rethinking core concepts and enforcing a stricter consistency across the board, while also actually simplyfying much of SexLab's previously cumberson portions.

I don't really anticipate it breaking many current mods, as I am keeping all modder facing API function names and arguments the exact same so they should work out of the box, a few mods using the more hidden stuff in SexLab, stuff not contained in the SexLabFramework.psc, SexLabUtil.psc, and sslUtility.psc API scripts, may break in minor ways, but they should be easy to update.

Right now I have the animation sets and threads implemented, which are the 2 biggest components in SexLab by far. Leftover is a redo of the MCM, Voices, Expressions, Stats, and the modder API.

Ashal,

I read in one of your posts that you considered SL to be fairly bug free and most issues that were being reported to you actually worked back something a mod was doing incorrectly, requiring you to add more "robustness" into SL.

As a professional developer with over 20 years of development experience, I'm a little surprised for you to announce this. Is it to satisfy an itch? Do you feel you've accumulated some internal code design "debt"? 

Ashal,

I read in one of your posts that you considered SL to be fairly bug free and most issues that were being reported to you actually worked back something a mod was doing incorrectly, requiring you to add more "robustness" into SL.

As a professional developer with over 20 years of development experience, I'm a little surprised for you to announce this. Is it to satisfy an itch? Do you feel you've accumulated some internal code design "debt"? 

SexLab is for me first and foremost, a hobby programming project.

Much of it's code has become sloppy over the year of updates, quick fixes, and tacked on additions. As I went about recently implementing FNIS 5.0 Paired Animation support and enter/exit transition animations, really compounded the tacked on feeling, which is what lead me to doing this. Redoing it all from scratch with the foresight of the past additions, fixes, and improved knowledge of Papyrus will hopefully inform cleaner code; which makes me happy, and better performance; which makes the people to lazy to fix their Skyrim installs happy.

And it being a hobby project, starting over scratches that hobby itch without having to do the more complicated task of trying to come up with a new interesting and worthwhile addition. Improving upon on what you already know is generally easier, and will provide a better base for later coming up with the new.

I'm following the existing structure and names of current SexLab for the sake of backwards compatibility, but I'm rewriting each script piece by piece without looking at the existing version until finished with the script to see how I did things differently, then I benchmark the current sexlab version vs my rewritten versions, find where the bottlenecks are of each and settle on which version or combination thereof to use going forward.

So far for example, my new version can rebuild the animation registry in ~3 seconds, current sexlab usually takes ~10 seconds for that. New version can retrieve an animations actor offsets (forward, side, up, rotation) including manual player adjustments in 0.096 seconds, current sexlab benchmarks this same task to 0.173 seconds. A seemingly small improvement, but SexLab performs that task fairly frequently during animation, so it can add up.

Basically it's just because I'm bored and felt like it would be interesting to see how I would go about things a second time. 

To break it down:

Refer to previous time I explained this in depth: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25448-anyone-running-with-a-hd-7950/?p=645399

There is still no new magical way to send an animation to multiple actors faster than a literal line by line basis can.

Any logic you want to add to it by adding checks for player/npc position to determine who goes first is only going to add to that delay and make it even worse, or have little to no impact whatsoever.

Yea I remember that post, and Im still grateful for you posting that.

Maybe I wrote it too overly complicated, or its more clear to you as for me the example doesnt show enough to see if this idea would work or not.

These:

; // Positions[0] = Female

; // Positions[1] = Draugr

Thats the example from the post, which is why I wondered if it would be possible to simply switch these 2 lines and calling in the NPC animation first.

Or would that just end up in the PC Character doing the NPC Character and vice versa?

Plus, just to add, creating a way to simply try to switch the animation calling(if the first idea wouldnt work) would be possible? After all Im sure a lot of people tend to keep the script heavy mods to a minimum and it may wouldnt be that much of a difference if at all as you said.