SexLab Framework Development

Well, I'm afraid I still get CTDs if I have TFC enabled with beta2...

Here's the log, 2 scenes.  First is without TFC, saved normally.  The second is with enabled tfc through console, disabled after the scene, then tried to save, caused CTD.  Ragdoll Ending and Even Actor height are disabled.  Used Matchmaker to check.

I haven't tried beta1.

Quick status update

• I've implemented creature support as a proof of concept which I will go ahead with finalizing before releasing 1.20, I just need to clean up the implementation and add all the animations I didn't test it with.
  • GREATLY improved animation alignment for all animations, creature and non creature, as a byproduct of my experimenting with creature support. And I really mean greatly.
  • Actors will no longer slide around when pushed by another patrolling actor/creature/object/whatever, they stay in place no matter what.
  • Support for timed asynchronous animations (animations that don't just loop that same thing over and over again)
  • Added API functions to allow other SexLab mods to register and manipulate their own custom stats that display in the main SexLab MCM diary/journal page.

After finalizing the creature support, I plan to release a 3rd and final beta, plan is to have this done by Friday. After that beta is out for a couple days and people have had a chance to test it, I will release the official v1.20, hopefully Sunday.

In summary:

1.20 Beta 3 -> Friday

1.20 Release -> Sunday

ts Saturday did the beta 3 get released or is it closed beta ?  :D

Well, I've been working on it for the past 18 hours straight trying to get it ready in time for Friday, and while it's now technically Saturday, I've been awake working on it since Friday, so close enough.

It's not 100% where I would like it to be for the final beta, but I am insanely tired at this point, so I just need to walk away from it right now and release the beta.

The major changes over Beta 2 are creature support and a reworked actor alignment system that should result in significantly better positioning.

The main stuff is all out of the way, all that remains for the final release of 1.20 is fixing any bugs people report from beta 3 and adding in a couple of the missing animations from AP and other forum members.

SexLab Framework v1.20 Beta 3 available here

Now excuse me while I go pour myself a tall glass of whiskey and try to forget the last 18 hours of work.

This is the final beta before the final 1.20 release in a couple days, after which I will be taking a long hiatus to help the authors of Joy of Perspective with their mod.

So try it asap and let me know your results, or forever hold your peace, I won't be releasing updates after the final build for a long while unless it's something game breaking that needs to be fixed.

This is the final beta before the final 1.20 release in a couple days, after which I will be taking a long hiatus to help the authors of Joy of Perspective with their mod.

So try it asap and let me know your results, or forever hold your peace, I won't be releasing updates after the final build for a long while unless it's something game breaking that needs to be fixed.

Will this mod work with Joy of perspective? That would be INCREDIBLE!!

Insanely unlikely, all the animations would have to be redone for that to happen, and FNIS doesn't support first person animations.

I'm just lending a hand to fix some of the issues it has now, namely horses. And because I want to look at something that isn't SexLab for awhile and work on some new problems for a change.

I have been wondering about when animations are called. It seem currently that both Skyrim and New Vegas are suffering from this bug when animation start the offender and victim seem to be out of sync. skyrim seem to have workaround by using the shuffling key. new vegas doesn't is this engine problem or is there more to it ??

Well, I've been working on it for the past 18 hours straight trying to get it ready in time for Friday, and while it's now technically Saturday, I've been awake working on it since Friday, so close enough.

It's not 100% where I would like it to be for the final beta, but I am insanely tired at this point, so I just need to walk away from it right now and release the beta.

The major changes over Beta 2 are creature support and a reworked actor alignment system that should result in significantly better positioning.

The main stuff is all out of the way, all that remains for the final release of 1.20 is fixing any bugs people report from beta 3 and adding in a couple of the missing animations from AP and other forum members.

SexLab Framework v1.20 Beta 3 available here

Now excuse me while I go pour myself a tall glass of whiskey and try to forget the last 18 hours of work.

Thanks for the work! I would pour one for you if i could!.. Get some rest and great work!

Problem.

[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM] Validating race: Nord

[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM] Failed to add actor to animation; actor is a creature that is currently not supported
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM] --- SexLab ThreadController[0] ---
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM]  ERROR: AddActor()
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM]    Invalid actor given
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:31PM] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:31PM] --- SexLab ThreadController[0] ---
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:31PM] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:31PM]  NOTICE: Make()
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:31PM]    ThreadController[0] has timed out; resetting model for selection pool

Apparently it can't validate my race? Says my Nord is a creature that's not supported.  It's either that or Serana, was the closest I could start testing with. Using FNIS 4b3 btw.

Problem.

[09/21/2013 - 10:59:26PM] Failed to add actor to animation; actor is a creature that is currently not supported
[09/21/2013 - 10:59:31PM]    ThreadController[0] has timed out; resetting model for selection pool

Apparently it can't validate my race? Says my Nord is a creature that's not supported.  It's either that or Serana, was the closest I could start testing with. Using FNIS 4b3 btw.

Here's a fix, just drop it in your data folder and overwrite.

fixnordthing.zip

Problem.

Here's a fix, just drop it in your data folder and overwrite.

Ok, it wasn't MY nord, it's Serana, which happens to be some type of Nord race, if I recall correctly.  I was able to initiate a scene using Matchmaker with a different character.  Going to try the fix and see if it works for her.

EDIT: Reporting that particular bug fixed with the extra file.

Although now she... uh... she kinda spins around during some animations, even when she's in the middle of the Fort Dawnguard grand hall.

Night and day difference in the way animations line up. I never gave it much thought before but now that they are perfect I don't think I could go back thanks for whatever you did to fix that.

I did notice one little problem that I believe we can live with. The transitional animations specifically when it went from AP kneeling to Arrok 69 the delay was a little longer than normal while they lined back up. It's hard to explain in words but it just isn't as smooth as they used to be. They did line back up perfect so if this is a result of the way you have the animations lining up now I can live with it since it is so much better.

I'm going to try to focus on some creature testing later tonight I'm more interested in that than anything else. Thank you for your hard work get some sleep :)

Insanely unlikely, all the animations would have to be redone for that to happen, and FNIS doesn't support first person animations.

I'm just lending a hand to fix some of the issues it has now, namely horses. And because I want to look at something that isn't SexLab for awhile and work on some new problems for a change.

Oh what a bummer! But I guess it can't be helped. Thanks for the hard work! With you on that team Joy of perspective should be much better.

"sexlab 1.20 beta 3" was also using "matchmaker" i started out in the city of solitude and had nothing but null errors, npc would'nt line up right or myself, i was constantly thrown in the air or was traveling in air from 1 side of the map to the end of it, anytime animations that worked halfway decent ended up getting stuck after the animations were done in a spot could'nt walk did nothing but walked in circles, creature amimations worked out great but after animation sometimes i would start walking into the ground.

"sexlab 1.20 beta 3" was also using "matchmaker" i started out in the city of solitude and had nothing but null errors, npc would'nt line up right or myself, i was constantly thrown in the air or was traveling in air from 1 side of the map to the end of it, anytime animations that worked halfway decent ended up getting stuck after the animations were done in a spot could'nt walk did nothing but walked in circles, creature amimations worked out great but after animation sometimes i would start walking into the ground.

I have the same problem but only when i start animation with wolf

Beta 3 report:

• For the most part Beta 3 works shockingly well. The creature scenes worked pretty well for me, though I haven't tested every type of creature.
  • Sabre Cat's animation has the Sabre Cat switched by 180 degrees in his alignment but otherwise works great.
  • Dragon (Penetration) animation starts well at stage 1, but at stage 2 and on the female character inexplicably gets aligned too high in the air, clipping into the dragon's stomache, and remains like that in the later stages.
  • Also, it's a terrible idea to start a sex scene with a dragon while it's mid flight (at least with matchmaker) as it confuses the dragon's A.I. something fierce. Need to wait for them to land. Might be a good idea to block dragon animations while they are airborn.
  • I'm surprised that wolf animations are included, but scenes can't be started with dogs. I assumed wolves and dogs share the same skeletons and animations?
  • Lastly, sometimes when a scene's stage advances, the camera seems to jump elsewhere for a micro-second, causing a blink-like effect. It seems to happen depending on where the camera is positioned at the time. This happens with humans as well as creatures. It's not a huge issue though.

• I'm surprised that wolf animations are included, but scenes can't be started with dogs. I assumed wolves and dogs share the same skeletons and animations?

I was trying to make something to add to a mod and nothing I tried worked with dogs. I noticed on the sslCreatureAnimationDefaults scripts that WolfRace is included but not DogRace or DogCompanionRace. I'm not sure if they were excluded because of a limitation with the current FNIS beta, or there isn't an animation yet  , or  maybe that part of the script has nothing to do with anything. I was really wanting that to work with dogs, wolves won't work with what I was trying to do. Anyway if you get time to answer this I'm curious myself.

Ok turns out i had to wait for it to load properly that's why i was dealing with all the errors i apologize for that, most anination line up perfect but the kneeling oral animations seem off and the sideways animation it may b SOS tho, thnx for the days and months u put into this mod and making Skyrim so enjoyable!

I was trying to make something to add to a mod and nothing I tried worked with dogs. I noticed on the sslCreatureAnimationDefaults scripts that WolfRace is included but not DogRace or DogCompanionRace. I'm not sure if they were excluded because of a limitation with the current FNIS beta, or there isn't an animation yet  , or  maybe that part of the script has nothing to do with anything. I was really wanting that to work with dogs, wolves won't work with what I was trying to do. Anyway if you get time to answer this I'm curious myself.

I'll probably switch it to dogs insteads of wolves in the final release, more people seem to want dogs than wolves. I don't really care either way, as it's not really "my thing" I just went with wolves because it made the most sense to me since you fight more of them.

I'll probably switch it to dogs insteads of wolves in the final release, more people seem to want dogs than wolves. I don't really care either way, as it's not really "my thing" I just went with wolves because it made the most sense to me since you fight more of them.

I agree with that once it is in defeated or some other combat type mod I would prefer it that way too. I found a work around for my mod anyway I just made a friendly wolf to summon for the act.

Edit: I'm not going to have time to implement it anyway plus it's not a good idea for me to do so on a beta when I'm leaving again. So either way I'm sure everyone will be happy with whichever way you do it in the final release.