SexLab Framework Development

Had a pretty hilarious issue come up on one of my save files (I guess the scripting got muddled up) with the 1.20b framework-- after I had mentioned flipping through some of the animations for the creature integration there was an odd glitch that caused all subsequent sex acts (between NPCs or with PC/NPC) to default to the last creature animation-- furthermore, male characters (typically dominant in any of the sex acts by default) was now in the submissive role, while the female was in dominant position-- but, obviously because it didn't have the proper animation to support the act, they just stood in the basic "stiff arms out" position as if the animations weren't loaded in FNIS. Cleared it up by loading an older file of mine that I had cleaned and made sure that it wasn't with the whole game or another mod interfering, determined that this wasn't the issue as the animations worked fine on the older save... had to generate a clean save after removing the framework. Fixed now, but it was an odd thing... especially seeing NPCs floating in the air due to the dragon animation triggering with the Random Sex Attack addition...

Well, I reinstalled Skyrim and everything from scratch again and kept it all pretty much Vanilla (no favored soul and so on, no changes to dremora race),

Seems that since FrameWork 1.20 and FNIS 4.0 Dremora do not work anymore with Lover's Comfort. I always get the "SexLab Animation failed to start [-1]

I am also not entirely certain what to make of the Daedra under Creature Animation? Within the SexLab Menu under Creature Animation is Daedra (Hugging). Is this the reason why it no longer works? Is this for non-humanoid Daedra like the Atronarchs?

With sexlab 1.15b and FNIS 3.5 I am not experiencing those issues. Even my dremora follower where I set the armor race to dark elf made no trouble ^^

Are all dremora/daedra now creatures for SexLab 1.20 or only Atronarchs?

Oh and as soon as I install sexlab 1.20, NPCs sit in weird places in the middle of the air. (and yes, each time I install any sort of mod that affects meshes and so on, I run FNIS)

I was able to get Dremora working again, with one small change to SexLab 1.2:  in sslActorLibrary.psc, line 107, I added an exclusion for ActorTypeNPC (which Dremora are, and Atronachs are not).  The modified check reads:

if position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeAnimal") || position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeCreature") || position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeDwarven") || position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeDaedra") && (! position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeNPC"))

Adding that, and recompiling the script, was all it took.

Please incorporate this fix into the next version of SexLab; there really doesn't seem to be any good reason why Dremora should not be supported.

That stumped me for a while too, but Daedra refers to Seekers, from dragonborn... with tentacles, and it allready is implemented and works.

Onto other topics,  If you could answer this for me ashal, I made a post in Tech support and will spoiler it, you can ignore the SoS part if you know why that may be happening.

Hey there, so ever since i downloaded the newest framework update ive had several strange problems.

#1:

When using either the metchmaker plugin, defeated, or romance plugins: unless I manage to sheath my weapons, the camera is stuck and only able to rotate one dimensionally. Ie 90 degrees in one direction.

#2:

SoS has gone haywire. Now whenever i get anywhere near a male actor, they apparently cannot contain themselves and just get naked. Ive used several player.placeatme commands and the npcs will spawn clothed, but then get too excited apparently. I guess my character is flattered, but I do actually play the game normally...... sometimes.

#3: this ones a bit more advanced and I may have to ask ashal himself, i glanced through the modders guide to sexlab but couldnt figure it out.

So the dragon animation, the penetration one, has my character bobbing about in the wrong direction.

I downloaded a .pex de/re-compiler and used my minimal scripting knowledge to fix this, to no avail.

I was modifying sslCreatureAnimationDefaults inside data/scripts, aswell as its counterpart inside of /source .

callmethod AddPositionStage, self, ::temp35, a2, "Dragon_Penetration_A2_S1", 35.00, 0.00, 0.00, 180.00, false, false, true, 0

and changed what is now (180.0) from 0 since it seemed that other animations had 180's in that location and rotation is likely nesecary in many anims.

Any help would be appreciated.

With v1.2, I seem to get "OrgasmEnd" ModEvents hit twice (per animation), whereas they only triggered once with v1.15.  Don't know if this is intentional, but I suspect not; the event pairs seem mismatched.  From the Papyrus logs, it looks as if the last StageStart is paired with an OrgasmEnd, which is then followed immediately by an OrgasmStart (followed a little later by the matching OrgasmEnd, and then AnimationEnd).

Ashal: first off, thanks for the amazing work you (and the others) have put into this.

I discovered a WIP today that I wanted to bring your attention to, in case you were unaware of it:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/510412-real-1st-person-view-wip/

It is a true first-person skeleton replacer (see yourself in first person mode) that uses the 3rd-person animations. The potential enhancement this could make to SexLab would be huge, I think.  Currently, there is no official release. But, looking on the last page of comments, there is a recent test version released, hopefully indicating that an actual release might be coming relatively soon.

Just FYI.  Thanks again for everything!

That thread is from 2011, the offical release has been out for years. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6002//?

In either case, it's useless to sexlab, the animations for sexlab weren't made using their first skeleton, so they won't work by just plugging them in, all animations would have to be completely remade to work with it, which isn't going to happen now or anytime soon. There is also no means of adding custom 1st person animations, only replacers.

I remember a first person mod a while ago that worked by attaching the camera to the eye bone, although I remember it was buggy as hell (from what I heard, I never tried it) and was never finished as far as I know. Theoretically, something like that would work with SexLab, right? Although I'm not sure if it's possible to do in Skyrim's engine, unless the guy making it was just incredibly incompetent/lazy.

Anyway, keep up the great work! I've been unable to play the full 1.20 version much because some other mod is killing my performance and causing freezes, and I'm too busy with school to start debugging my entire load order. But the changes sound great, I'm looking forward to being able to play with it once more mods start popping up.

Anyway, just a couple more things. One, now that tfc works, could there be an option in the MCM to automatically toggle it when an animation begins/ends? (like I said I haven't been able to test it much so if it's already in feel free to ignore this)

Second, I noticed a bestiality animation section in the MCM. Are Gone's animations included, or is that just a framework for if you install them separately?

Thanks again, Ashal, and take your time on your break. You've definitely earned it.

I was able to get Dremora working again, with one small change to SexLab 1.2:  in sslActorLibrary.psc, line 107, I added an exclusion for ActorTypeNPC (which Dremora are, and Atronachs are not).  The modified check reads:

if position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeAnimal") || position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeCreature") || position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeDwarven") || position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeDaedra") && (! position.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeNPC"))

Adding that, and recompiling the script, was all it took.

Please incorporate this fix into the next version of SexLab; there really doesn't seem to be any good reason why Dremora should not be supported.

Thank you for finding this! I was beginning to believe it's just a Layer 8 problem from my side :D

Quick update news; Unintentionally long update news;

Started work on an update, should be releasing it this weekend.

Things I've already fixed so far:

• Characters sliding away in the middle of sex
  • Characters pushing each other out of the way during sex resulting in bad unfixeable alignment problems
  • Double OrgasmEnd events at the end of sex
  • Ragdoll ending now properly ends
  • Dremora's validate as valid actors for sex again (in addition to any other unreported npc types that worked before 1.20)

Things I still need to fix before releasing the update:

• Positions/animation not updating when changing animations or advancing stage.
  • Player voice selection not saving

Things to stop yelling about:

• All of the above finished and pending fixes
  • Characters air humping, sexual "air guitar", or not resetting idles at the end of sex (with the exception of ragdoll). Update your fucking FNIS and look for updates on your other FNIS related mods; I can guarantee you if you have the hot fix patch or downloaded the version that already has the patch, it is NOT sexlab causing it, and it only takes one bad behavior file to screw it up across your whole game.
  • Asking for an older version of the framework. I have no desire to, nor will I ever provide older copies of the framework myself. I remove the older versions when an update is released for a reason, to give mod creators reasonable assumption that people are using the newest version so it is safe for them to update to the newest API functions.
  • Anything SOS related. It's not my mod, and I've already integrated what makes sense for there to be in the framework. My job as far as SOS integration goes is done.
  • Non mod makers private messaging or emailing me with tech support issues. To reiterate what is already said in the OP, the download page, and in the mod's readme file: "I will provide direct support to people via email and private message ONLY if you are a modder using the framework in your mod. People seeking support for using the mod contacting me this way will be ignored. If you need support for the framework, use the thread or support section, I will answer such questions only there." This has been listed in all 3 of those locations since day 1 of the mod.

This policy isn't meant to be "asshole-ish" I simply have no desire to be the private Skyrim help desk and suggestion box, there are tech support forums and threads you can ask your question in. I don't ignore your private messages on the subject because I don't care, I don't respond because the fact that your messaging me with such a question/suggestion likely means you didn't read the instructions on the mod (or you would have known I wouldn't respond in the first place) and because I have no intention of playing favorites or opening the floodgates by responding to any one message, no matter if it's just a simple yes/no question. However, are you a modder making a mod or looking to start? I'll bend over backwards and help you in any way I possibly can if you message me and put serious thought to your suggestions. While I have to desire to become private help desk, I absolutely do want the mod and community to grow.

And just a heads up for those who want support via PM. When you post a problem in public the answer you get in public is then available for everyone else who happened to have the same problem, if the answer was received via PM then it is only available to you and everyone else with the problem still has to get an answer.

Likewise, a publicly asked question can receive answers from anyone who has the answer so the author alone doesn't have to provide the fix.

Anything SOS related. It's not my mod, and I've already integrated what makes sense for there to be in the framework. My job as far as SOS integration goes is done.

Well... I'm gonna still ask. People from gamesource were having an issue with disappearing schlongs from SOS - Equipable Schlong - and more.

Like if PC had a schlong pre equipped, after sex it disappears from the inventory. I asked because i think it's SexLab's doing. Or is this handled by SoS somehow?

SexLab 1.20.

Anything SOS related. It's not my mod, and I've already integrated what makes sense for there to be in the framework. My job as far as SOS integration goes is done.

Well... I'm gonna still ask. People from gamesource were having an issue with disappearing schlongs from SOS - Equipable Schlong - and more.

Like if PC had a schlong pre equipped, after sex it disappears from the inventory. I asked because i think it's SexLab's doing. Or is this handled by SoS somehow?

SexLab 1.20.

Is is SOS. The only code pertaining to SOS in Sexlab is to tell it to go erect at the beginning and to go flaccid when the sex is complete.

SexLab v1.21 Beta

This is a quick beta test for patch 1.21, which fixes several issues with the current 1.20.

Fixes include but are not limited to:

• Characters sliding away in the middle of sex
  • Characters pushing each other out of the way during sex resulting in bad unfixeable alignment problems
  • Double OrgasmEnd events at the end of sex
  • Ragdoll ending now properly ends
  • Dremora's validate as valid actors for sex again (in addition to any other unreported npc types that worked before 1.20)
  • Positions/animation not updating when changing animations or advancing stage.
  • Player voice selection not saving
  • Other stuff

This will be a short lived beta, as I wish to get it out this weekend so I can focus on getting some work elsewhere. So anybody testing it and providing their results, good or bad, would be helpful. It would be actually helpful however, if you include a debug log along with your report of something being broken in this beta.

You can get this beta 2 different ways.

• Clone the Git repo and switch to the development branch (instructions on first post of this thread)
  • Have v1.20 installed already and apply this patch file on top of it, overwriting the existing files: SexLabFramework.v121.BETA1.zip

Either way; run FNISforUsers afterwards to update your behavior files.

Is is SOS. The only code pertaining to SOS in Sexlab is to tell it to go erect at the beginning and to go flaccid when the sex is complete.

Is this for males? What about famales? What happens if a female PC had a schlong equipped? Same?

Logs attached,

I did see the slide around in 1.20 for the 3 way  but not with the beta, so thats good (ran at least 3x scens in 1.21 )

I did get more deadlocks (no control/movment music keeps going) only saw it once in 1.20 (might be that I had less 3x ways in 1.20 never got it with scencs that had one player and 1 npc in the cell). but no CTD's (yet anyway).

other log (last1stageearly) the atagonist in the last action (1:1 + other npc observing) ran one stage ahead of player for the first stage or so.

Only other thing is that on some stage changes there is a fliker, some times it is in terms of the camera position changing and returning so even the fast flick might be that, just to quick to se it as that.

I noticed the mattchmaker warning and deinstaled it clean save re-instal re-finis and that waring has gone, the deadlock and fliker still remain though.

Also now with a few more plays there are ocasions when items get flung around enve if the item is over half a body length away from the paricipents.

plus I'm not sure the scale to size option is working my pc always seems to be a bit undersized, manual change scale to 1.14 (was 1.0 / 0.95) and its closer (the XYZ alignments always seem a lot better than 1.15b)

tallalogs.7z

It's for male "positions", not male or female "actors." Meaning a female SOS futanari in a male position will get SOS erection commands just the same as a male would in that position.

Maybe some kind of interference with "females use strapons" checkbox?.. I'll try to get more info about this.

Thanks for the answers.

My test for beta 1.21 (tested with People in Jorrvaskr ,no Creatures)

no CTD while updating Version 1.20  to 1.21 beta

no CTD while leave a room or house

no CTD while save a Game

Ragdoll ends perfekt, the NPC Heights works, no sliding around while action and it works with Random Sex *a high jump in the air* :D

While running through the stages of positions the positions flicker and  by six tests, die Action stops, like it´s look when FNIS is not update, the Char and NPC freeze, until hit the key hit to the next stage, but that's the only thing I noticed

using the beta 1.21

No CTD's

Ragdolls works again...

But:

-Every time a sex animation run into the next stage there is a weird effect like every grass or texture around the actos re-loads or something like that. Makes the game freeze for 0,5 seconds. Not annoying, but that does not happen on previous versions.

-One time the ragdoll force sent my PC across the floor, making her to FLY in the middle of nothing for a minute before landing back on the inn.

-This time the actors don't stay on sex animation after sex (Still testing this with Defeat 3.2, Romance, Dangerously nude and so on, atm only tested on working girl ver.3 and radiant prostitution), but sometimes they just get bugged without animation after they clap using the mod for spectator crowds watching you doing sex in public.

Still testing...