SexLab Framework Development

Guest Jenova23

I wish sexlab would add a way to set each voice per voice type or per race race as well as add some sort of spell to target each npc specifically. Or just make a plugin that damges npc during sex without depleting there health meter so that way you keep those combat noises during sex.

plz I hate using the voices that don't match up...

Tried to improve the performance of my mod a bit and replaced Game.GetPlayer() with a property that's assigned in the CK with the playerRef and then I tried to get the actor value with "Actor playerRef = _PlayerRef.GetActorReference()"; the aggressor shrinked, stripped, grown to normal size again and begun a foreplay animation (even though it's aggressive sex) but the player character just stood there, didn't strip and a few seconds afterwards I could move again, the aggressor got dressed again but were stuck in that animation.

Guess above way isn't the correct way to get the actor out of a referenceAlias... still, it might be a good idea to check if one of the passed actor is None and if so don't start the animation.

SexLabFramework Property SexLab Auto
ReferenceAlias property _PlayerRef auto 

event onHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)

Actor playerRef = _PlayerRef.GetActorReference()

Actor akAgg = akAggressor as Actor

actor[] actorList = new actor[2]
	actorList[0] = playerRef
	actorList[1] = akAgg

sslBaseAnimation[] anims
	SexLab.StartSex(actorList, anims, victim=playerRef, allowBed=false, hook="_SLC_AbusedPlayer")

endEvent

And, how do I get the actor value out of a referenceAlias?

If I use " RegisterForModEvent("AnimationStart", "SexLabAnimStart") " and my script restores health to the actors each second, does this gets canceled out if another SexLab animation starts and triggers the " SexLabAnimStart " event or is a mirror of the script is created and all actors of both animations gain health each second?

I didn't know where the best forum would be to post this so I thought this would be the best place since its about sexlab framework.

Before I state the issue I will explain my current understanding with mods to clarify and shed some light. I have little to basic knowledge on how mods work. When I download a mod I follow instructions for every mod to a tea but glitches and bugs are known regardless. I understand this but the issue I have seems to be more than just a glitch or bug. I know this has to do with Sexlab in one way or another or Sanguine's Debauchery since 80% of my mods are those 2 mods while others are armour skins or weapons.

In full description the problem I am having is minor and more of a nuisance at early start. What occurs is with certain enemy mobs usually the higher up ones. (More HP the more it occurs) right when they are about to die regardless of the attack once their health reaches zero and they die their health bar resets to full. This can get annoying with fresh games because you do not do enough damage to beat out the health reset bar. Once you get past level 10 or so it can still happen but you do enough damage to kill them and they die but this is completely random. Some enemies drop like normal while other enemies are like a cockroach. :P

As stated above this is more of a nuisance than an issue. I just wanted to address to the modder community to see if this issue has been addressed or if a solution was even found. That would be great. Any feedback would be appreciated. :) 

In full description the problem I am having is minor and more of a nuisance at early start. What occurs is with certain enemy mobs usually the higher up ones. (More HP the more it occurs) right when they are about to die regardless of the attack once their health reaches zero and they die their health bar resets to full. This can get annoying with fresh games because you do not do enough damage to beat out the health reset bar. Once you get past level 10 or so it can still happen but you do enough damage to kill them and they die but this is completely random. Some enemies drop like normal while other enemies are like a cockroach.

Some NPCs in vanilla Skyrim are essential and connot be killed, their health always resets when they are about to die; can it be you're talking about those?

In full description the problem I am having is minor and more of a nuisance at early start. What occurs is with certain enemy mobs usually the higher up ones. (More HP the more it occurs) right when they are about to die regardless of the attack once their health reaches zero and they die their health bar resets to full. This can get annoying with fresh games because you do not do enough damage to beat out the health reset bar. Once you get past level 10 or so it can still happen but you do enough damage to kill them and they die but this is completely random. Some enemies drop like normal while other enemies are like a cockroach.

Some NPCs in vanilla Skyrim are essential and connot be killed, their health always resets when they are about to die; can it be you're talking about those?

No these are every day mobs like bandits, necromancers, and even animals.

I didn't know where the best forum would be to post this so I thought this would be the best place since its about sexlab framework.

Before I state the issue I will explain my current understanding with mods to clarify and shed some light. I have little to basic knowledge on how mods work. When I download a mod I follow instructions for every mod to a tea but glitches and bugs are known regardless. I understand this but the issue I have seems to be more than just a glitch or bug. I know this has to do with Sexlab in one way or another or Sanguine's Debauchery since 80% of my mods are those 2 mods while others are armour skins or weapons.

In full description the problem I am having is minor and more of a nuisance at early start. What occurs is with certain enemy mobs usually the higher up ones. (More HP the more it occurs) right when they are about to die regardless of the attack once their health reaches zero and they die their health bar resets to full. This can get annoying with fresh games because you do not do enough damage to beat out the health reset bar. Once you get past level 10 or so it can still happen but you do enough damage to kill them and they die but this is completely random. Some enemies drop like normal while other enemies are like a cockroach. :P

As stated above this is more of a nuisance than an issue. I just wanted to address to the modder community to see if this issue has been addressed or if a solution was even found. That would be great. Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

There is nothing in either Sexlab or Sanguine's Debauchery which could or would cause the effect you are seeing. You must have something else installed which is causing that to happen.

Everything that testers of the previous alpha test patch reported as broken by the patch, and was replicable, has been fixed.

I've concluded all the major actor handling changes I wanted to do as well, minus some optimizations and general cleanup. Going to focus on redoing the animation & voice script handling now.

Here is an updated Alpha test patch for those who tried the last one or are willing to help test.

SexLabFramework.v120.ALPHATESTv2.zip

Just drop it into your data folder that has a full v1.15b install and overwrite the existing scripts and esm. Once you load your save, you'll need to do a Clean System rebuild in the MCM menu so it can rebuild it's animation threads and actor alias list.

Changes over the last alpha test patch:

• Fixed major bug people causing actors not being able to start sex with people a second time around
  • Fixed major bug with character not re-equipping all their gear properly at the end of sex
  • Fixed position swapping
  • Fixed various other bugs that were stumbled across along the way
  • More heavy-ish coding changes to the animation actor handling (hence the testing)

Things to look for after installing the alpha test patch:

• Do the actors stand around not doing anything at the start of sex, even if for just a few seconds before starting?
  • If you had freezing or CTD issues starting, during, or ending sex, do you continue to have them?
  • Do you get any message box popups during the animation process?
  • Try with TFC enabled throughout the animation, and without, did you have any complications/crashes as a result of TFC?

This is an ALPHA TEST for major scripting changes. While it should be perfectly safe to use I make NO promises it won't destroy your save or have problems, backup your saves before using this.

Downloading it and saying nothing is not "helping test." If you use this alpha test patch, good or bad LET ME KNOW YOUR RESULTS

Everything that testers of the previous alpha test patch reported as broken by the patch, and was replicable, has been fixed.

I've concluded all the major actor handling changes I wanted to do as well, minus some optimizations and general cleanup. Going to focus on redoing the animation & voice script handling now.

Here is an updated Alpha test patch for those who tried the last one or are willing to help test.

attachicon.gifSexLabFramework.v120.ALPHATESTv2.zip

Just drop it into your data folder that has a full v1.15b install and overwrite the existing scripts and esm. Once you load your save, you'll need to do a Clean System rebuild in the MCM menu so it can rebuild it's animation threads and actor alias list.

Changes over the last alpha test patch:

• Fixed major bug people causing actors not being able to start sex with people a second time around
  • Fixed major bug with character not re-equipping all their gear properly at the end of sex
  • Fixed position swapping
  • Fixed various other bugs that were stumbled across along the way
  • More heavy-ish coding changes to the animation actor handling (hence the testing)

Things to look for after installing the alpha test patch:

• Do the actors stand around not doing anything at the start of sex, even if for just a few seconds before starting?
  • If you had freezing or CTD issues starting, during, or ending sex, do you continue to have them?
  • Do you get any message box popups during the animation process?
  • Try with TFC enabled throughout the animation, and without, did you have any complications/crashes as a result of TFC?

This is an ALPHA TEST for major scripting changes. While it should be perfectly safe to use I make NO promises it won't destroy your save or have problems, backup your saves before using this.

Downloading it and saying nothing is not "helping test." If you use this alpha test patch, good or bad LET ME KNOW YOUR RESULTS

I get CTDs when trying to save (or when autosaving) if I had let TFC on during the whole scene and switch it off after it concludes.  That's pretty much like the behavior of the stable build.  Here's the log.

I've got the same CTD.
Starting animation more than one time. Ok

Expression e lips synch with TFC: Ok

But when I tried to save after a sex scene with TFC on until after the end of the animation it CTD (Toggle collision was on, was a few second after the end of the animation. I was in the open).

Version alpha 1.20b works mostly great.

Having sex one NPC after NPC works as it should. It takes the characters around 3 seconds to start the sex animation, but that's the amount of time the undressing process takes more or less ( I don't use the undress animations) so seems to work well.

There's some weirdness with F/F using strapons. Sometimes they won't use them. Other times, my character would equip a strapon, then the undressing process would kick in removing all her clothes plus the strapon, then she'd equip the strapon a second time and then the sex would start. Not using any custom optional strapons during testing.

I'm also getting a CTD if I quicksave after a sex scene during which I used TFC. I tried it both indoors and outdoors, crash both times. Not sure if you'd want the papyrus log as it's another 3 mb file even though all I did was start the game, load inside a house, start sex with NPC, console in TFC, wait for sex to finish, TFC off, wait 5 seconds, quicksave.

I gotta admit...I'm just loving SexLab! :) Thanks!

I have one singular problem, and it's a strange one.

When I was using Submit, I could 'assault' people. I was also using Defeat.

I installed the newest update to Defeat, and now 'assault' doesn't show up anymore. What do you suppose is causing the dialogue option to disappear? I'm not the only one with this problem, so I'm daring to ask here...it's not impossible that the framework holds the answer, right? :ph34r:

Here's where I'm comin' from.

I get CTDs when trying to save (or when autosaving) if I had let TFC on during the whole scene and switch it off after it concludes.  That's pretty much like the behavior of the stable build.  Here's the log.

Probably not related to the save CTD, but considering the size of your debug log from a 3 minute play session, and it almost ENTIRELY being made up of a single error coming from [ (000BBDB1)].MG07VisionTriggerScript.OnTriggerEnter() I can guarantee you that's causing you SOME major problem somewhere in your game. You should fix it asap. Read http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/823385-papyrus-logs-spammed-with-errorswarnings-for-one-script-thousands-of-times/ for a possible solution specific to that error.

Not sure if you'd want the papyrus log as it's another 3 mb file even though all I did was start the game, load inside a house, start sex with NPC, console in TFC, wait for sex to finish, TFC off, wait 5 seconds, quicksave.

Same exact advice as above, only probably coming from a different mod error than the one I'm quoting from his debug log.

How you people can shrug off 3MB debug logs after barely playing is beyond me. A large debug log like that is practically screaming bloody murder in your face that a mod is not installed and/or removed properly somewhere your save.

Probably not related to the save CTD, but considering the size of your debug log from a 3 minute play session, and it almost ENTIRELY being made up of a single error coming from [ (000BBDB1)].MG07VisionTriggerScript.OnTriggerEnter() I can guarantee you that's causing you SOME major problem somewhere in your game. You should fix it asap. Read http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/823385-papyrus-logs-spammed-with-errorswarnings-for-one-script-thousands-of-times/ for a possible solution specific to that error.

Not sure if you'd want the papyrus log as it's another 3 mb file even though all I did was start the game, load inside a house, start sex with NPC, console in TFC, wait for sex to finish, TFC off, wait 5 seconds, quicksave.

Same exact advice as above, only probably coming from a different mod error than the one I'm quoting from his debug log.

How you people can shrug off 3MB debug logs after barely playing is beyond me. A large debug log like that is practically screaming bloody murder in your face that a mod is not installed and/or removed properly somewhere your save.

Nah, I was pretty skeptical about the size but it doesn't seem consistent, which was more puzzling.  Plus it doesn't crash at random, only under specific circumstances.  But good to know, gonna give it a try and report back.

I've done some testing on the alpha patch, the CTD when saving after TFC sex is related to the ragdoll effect at the end. I'm able to replicate the CTD every time with it on, however turning off the Ragdoll Ending option in the settings stops the CTD from happening afterwards. I'm going to see if there's a way to detect if the player is in TFC or not, and if they are then forcibly skip the ragdoll, ignoring user settings.

Nah, I was pretty skeptical about the size but it doesn't seem consistent, which was more puzzling.  Plus it doesn't crash at random, only under specific circumstances.  But good to know, gonna give it a try and report back.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, it IS causing you problems, Maybe not CTD, but at the very least a performance impact. Not only is the stuck loop without a doubt using up precious papyrus threading resources, dragging down the performance of every script heavy mod, but the constant spamming of the error to your debug log is going to cause some Disk I/O performance issues assuming you're not on a SSD.

That's not "theory" or "suggestion" it's basic fact of how these systems work.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, it IS causing you problems, Maybe not CTD, but at the very least a performance impact. Not only is the stuck loop without a doubt using up precious papyrus threading resources, dragging down the performance of every script heavy mod, but the constant spamming of the error to your debug log is going to cause some Disk I/O performance issues assuming you're not on a SSD.

That's not "theory" or "suggestion" it's basic fact of how these systems work.

Nope, it's pretty dead.  That seems to be the Staff of Magnus quest... Not sure why that'd have gone bonkers.  Suggestions don't fix it and trying to use cleaning utilities messes up the game last time I tried so I suppose the save's pretty dead.  Gonna go track down on which save the spamming starts, make sure it's not interfering with Sexlab at least.  Hopefully it doesn't go back to unmodded vanilla territory.

I've done some testing on the alpha patch, the CTD when saving after TFC sex is related to the ragdoll effect at the end. I'm able to replicate the CTD every time with it on, however turning off the Ragdoll Ending option in the settings stops the CTD from happening afterwards. I'm going to see if there's a way to detect if the player is in TFC or not, and if they are then forcibly skip the ragdoll, ignoring user settings.

Implemented and tested a solution for this, it'll be in the next alpha test patch. TFC issues should officially be a thing of the past now.

The now obsolete sex addicts mod had no trouble using tfc during sex, and no freezes or ctds when sex ended. Could something be learned from that mod? Sexlab is much better, but tfc during sex was great.

There's nothing to learn because there's nothing to fix.

Change of plans on 1.20 update, It's no longer going to be the next official feature update. 

I started on 1.20 planning to redo a couple small systems like the actor handling stuff I've already finished for it. And then moving onto the major planned feature updates. Right now the more I add to SexLab in updates, the messier and messier the code is getting, and it already started out pretty messy. And I spend half my time "updating" SexLab wanting and experimenting with redoing basic existing functions. 

Simply put, the me that wrote the bulk of SexLab 6 months ago, was complete garbage compared to the me of today. I NEED to burn it all to the ground and redo it, the longer I put it off, the more damaging it is to the future of both SexLab's upgradibilility and stability.

So as of today, 1.20 will no longer be a feature update, all the features planned for 1.20, are being pushed back to 1.30.

The problem with current code & the plan:

Everything is jammed into mostly unorganized single scripts with no well defined purpose. The main SexLabFramework script is a big offender here. Too many scripts are trying to do too much. While I'm unsure of the performance impact this has, from a coding perspective it makes managing the code, keeping things consistent, and tracking down bugs all a complete and utter nightmare.

Version 1.10 took a step in the right direction by moving the animation threads from sslBaseThread to a logical design pattern in it's use of sslThreadModel/Controller, thought the scripts themselves remain a tad messy and inconsistent.

The plan is follow a similar design pattern as I did with threads, moving various aspects of SexLab into their own smaller hyperfocused sections. Such as moving animation selection and registration out on it's own instead of crammed into the main SexLabFramework script as it is now.

Right now that SexLabFramework script, which is the main script modders use for starting sex scenes, is essentially a jack of all trades and master of none. It's filled to the brim with unrelated properties and functions. What I want it to be instead is essentially a bootstrap script that provides access to everything. A guide that points you towards a master of what it is you want it to do. Instead of trying to do it by itself, it will find the script that does it, and ask them to do it for you.

The initial steps of these change are already done between the alpha test patch and my current development version which contains similar changes as the alpha test only for handling the sex positions instead of actors. So it won't take as long as some might think, I hope to be doing beta tests of of 1.20 next weekend.

What this doesn't mean is that I'm erasing everything and starting from scratch. Much of the code will be reused, just moved to different scripts and shuffled about, but only after I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb; tweaking and/or redoing parts of it where necessary

The result will be cleaner and a more logical design pattern across all of SexLab's code. Because these will all be MAJOR reworkings however, I don't want to pile new features on top of it in the same release. I need to be sure if an issue somebody is having with a new update is the result of new coding or a new feature. Thus I will be releasing this major coding rework as 1.20 first, so the kinks in it can be worked out before continuing with new features.

What this means to the majority of you is absolutely nothing:

Version 1.20 will provide some valuable behind the scenes changes to facilitate smarter and better upgrades from 1.30 and onwards that will remain almost entirely invisible to most of you. With the improved code however, will come fixes for many existing bugs, but also potentially new ones as a byproduct.

What this means for modders using SexLab is undetermined right now:

I plan to make everything in terms of API functions that works with 1.15b work as is with 1.20, their interior works will just be vastly different than they were before. The only thing that may change in a way that might break existing mods, is that I plan on completely redoing how the animation sex position scripts are handled in a manner to better facilitate different kinds of animations, namely providing support for creatures & stageless asynchronous animations. The only mod I know that would be affected by this however is ZaZ, and I'm already in contact with Xaz and have warned him.

The now obsolete sex addicts mod had no trouble using tfc during sex, and no freezes or ctds when sex ended. Could something be learned from that mod? Sexlab is much better, but tfc during sex was great.

Sorry but you must have a bad memory. Not exiting TFC before the sex ended was a problem in Sex Addicts. I'm looking forward to seeing how that problem was overcome.

I can't seem to be able to compile sslActorSlots in the 120v2 alpha build.  (Well, next build is taking a bit so I thought I'd customize and try out some scripts).  The compiling returns this, even if I just open the unedited file and try compiling that (so it's not my editing, do note that even with no other script edited, this error occurs).  

(etc.etc) \Source\sslThreadModel.psc <58,18>: unknown type sslActorAlias

I'm reporting this in case something is broken somewhere internally.  I can't really see any reason why it's not compiling.  Both unedited sslThreadModel and sslActorAlias compile normally, not sure why sslActorSlots is acting up.  I'm about to try your TFC fix from GIT, too.  Didn't see the .pex being there so I compiled your changes instead xP

PS No, I'm doing it outside MO, in case you were gonna say that :P