SexLab Framework Development

Creatures are not as diffrent from humanoids from my exprience. I would say with expception of the one mentioned they should be easier to manage them humanoids. Atlest all trolls are the size of a troll and not 10 diffrent sizes spread among humanoid races. From what i gathered all problems could be solved by forcing command "setscale 1" on bugy races after the initial sexlab scaling or exclude them from scaling all toghter. Chaurus reaper would be fucked up but he is now anyway so its a small price imo. Donno what Madmansgun plan for dragons is, i personally never used them so im not sure how they behave. I think he want to set custom scale on animation to animation basis. That def more complicated aproach but would give animators alot of freedom. A command in animation script for "scale" next to position paremeters and schlong bend would realy make a huge diffrence. Donno if that is possible tho.

I was wondering did something majorly changed between 1.59 and 1.62 ? Whan i was still using 1.59 i could play immersive first person mod and sexlab without any problem. But now with 1.62 i get some weird problem when sexlab initiate an animation and the character is 1st person my frame rate will drop completely and will remain like that till sexlab animation ends. if i am 3rd person this does not happen. I have found no way to solve this.

Only other solution I can see at the moment is having to create hyper specific animation profiles. Which would be super time consuming and hard be fully accurate with I think.

I'm entirely open to being proven wrong in any case.  My experience with creatures/monsters in Skyrim modding is entirely limited to the superficial points I needed to make it work with SexLab. I'm by no means an expert here.

it does not need to be "hyper specific" (unless your talking about mudcrabs or dragonborn spiders), just separating the "ChaurusReaperRace" from the "ChaurusRace" would be helpful, because by the looks of it most of the Chaurus animations that have been made so far are for a setscale 1 Chaurus (the Chaurus Reaper), but the "normal" Chaurus is setscale 0.65 so there animations are not truly cross compatible.

i think the reason why it "seems to randomize it for some" is because there is a third setscale/height control in the world editor (the first 2 are in "race" and "actor")

Eg: the Chaurus Reaper from the lighthouse

post-71862-0-70151400-1483043413_thumb.jpg

turning off "even actor heights" for the AshHoppers could be helpful, but only if it stays on for the player/humanoid npc, and only if the animation playing was made for a setscale 0.5 AshHopper.

Creatures are not as diffrent from humanoids from my exprience. I would say with expception of the one mentioned they should be easier to manage them humanoids. Atlest all trolls are the size of a troll and not 10 diffrent sizes spread among humanoid races. From what i gathered all problems could be solved by forcing command "setscale 1" on bugy races after the initial sexlab scaling or exclude them from scaling all toghter. Chaurus reaper would be fucked up but he is now anyway so its a small price imo. Donno what Madmansgun plan for dragons is, i personally never used them so im not sure how they behave. I think he want to set custom scale on animation to animation basis. That def more complicated aproach but would give animators alot of freedom. A command in animation script for "scale" next to position paremeters and schlong bend would realy make a huge diffrence. Donno if that is possible tho.

the problem is we don't want setscale 1 on the Chaurus and AshHoppers unless the animation requires it.

the dragons behave well (most of the time), and i have all sorts of crazy plans for the dragons, but some of them require smaller dragons.

here is a example of my animations in use by Ixum:

http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/21633/mmoboys-xmas-gifts-2-the-dragon-consort

note: the last one is meant to be used on a dragoness, not a dragon.

all we need is some sort of command like "actor2= (setscale= #.##)," that we can add to our animations.

really, any half assed/half working scale control system would be helpful, and would at least give us something to work with.

Only other solution I can see at the moment is having to create hyper specific animation profiles. Which would be super time consuming and hard be fully accurate with I think.

I'm entirely open to being proven wrong in any case.  My experience with creatures/monsters in Skyrim modding is entirely limited to the superficial points I needed to make it work with SexLab. I'm by no means an expert here.

it does not need to be "hyper specific" (unless your talking about mudcrabs or dragonborn spiders), just separating the "ChaurusReaperRace" from the "ChaurusRace" would be helpful, because by the looks of it most of the Chaurus animations that have been made so far are for a setscale 1 Chaurus (the Chaurus Reaper), but the "normal" Chaurus is setscale 0.65 so there animations are not truly cross compatible.

i think the reason why it "seems to randomize it for some" is because there is a third setscale/height control in the world editor (the first 2 are in "race" and "actor")

turning off "even actor heights" for the AshHoppers could be helpful, but only if it stays on for the player/humanoid npc, and only if the animation playing was made for a setscale 0.5 AshHopper.

SexLab already gets that specific as is. While race specific adjustments option is enabled, which it is by default, any changes you make in specifically aligning animations for ChgaurusReaperRace will be stored and reused entirely separate from the adjustments you might make for "ChaurusRace." When I say hyper specific profiles, this is what I mean - it's unrealistic to expect SexLab as a framework to go so deep as to create a fine tuned alignment profile on a per creature race basis. It's the same problem with human on human animations, any default alignment profiles I create beyond the initial "generally works" alignments... There are different humanoid skeletons and bodies, making their half of the equation useless to fuss over here, and there are also creature mods that make relevant changes that would have to be dealt with.

When you use race specific adjustment profiles, and spend the time to get them done right, you shouldn't ever have to fuss over alignment more than once per animation.

Skyrim's handling of some creatures is to unpredictable, and until there's a solution made known that spans different races within the same "creature type" in a reliable way, there is nothing reliable I can do about it. 

Is is possible to control 2 animations at the same time? Or be able to switching between them? For example there are 2 animations going on, 1 involves my character and NPC, second involves 2 NPC's. I have set auto advancing stages off, so I advance to next with space button. Can I somehow switch to controlling 2 npc's animations to make them advance to next stage, and then back to animation with my character ?

okay so he's a thought on animations. If someone is willing to create one or link me to one that is made already. K so you know how there are rough rape animations why not a gentle persistence style. Where the male forces them self on the female in a more gentle manner. Starting out buy grabbing her trying to get her to give in to consent kissing her and just naturally gentle forcing himself on her standing sitting laying whatever. Like a unconsentual consentual sex.

A pm I received demanding me to make a sfw version of Defeat made me think about that:

Currently SexLab uses SexLabActive to tell whether or not a npc is involved in a sex scene, it's useful to check this keyword to exclude them from some functions in creation kit and in scripts (I use it a lot), however there is a problem with creating a new keyword: it's impossible to check for it in the creation kit if you don't make SexLab a hard dependency (which is possible in scripts with SKSE HasKeywordString function but I don't think there is a condition function equivalent)

I would suggest to use an unused vanilla keyword (to add on the threads actor aliases, I know it will be a pain in the ass to do...) to remedy that so mods where SexLab is optional would be able to tell if a npc is involved in a SexLab scene or not.

For example for Defeat I use FavorBrawlEvent keyword and if the player or a npc is placed in an alias with this keyword on it they will be immune to Defeat mechanics.

But maybe there's another way, I'm all ears.

Also a thing to keep in mind for FO4 and SexTec.

A pm I received demanding me to make a sfw version of Defeat made me think about that:

Currently SexLab uses SexLabActive to tell whether or not a npc is involved in a sex scene, it's useful to check this keyword to exclude them from some functions in creation kit and in scripts (I use it a lot), however there is a problem with creating a new keyword: it's impossible to check for it in the creation kit if you don't make SexLab a hard dependency (which is possible in scripts with SKSE HasKeywordString function but I don't think there is a condition function equivalent)

I would suggest to use an unused vanilla keyword (to add on the threads actor aliases, I know it will be a pain in the ass to do...) to remedy that so mods where SexLab is optional would be able to tell if a npc is involved in a SexLab scene or not.

For example for Defeat I use FavorBrawlEvent keyword and if the player or a npc is placed in an alias with this keyword on it they will be immune to Defeat mechanics.

What about something similar to how frostfall is doing it for 3rd party armors?

http://skyrimsurvival.com/home/frostfall/armor-compatibility/

I replied, but then re-read your question and realized you already mentioned HasKeywordString and meant specifically cases where scripting isn't possible and rely only on esp data... That complicates things for sure...

There is no good answer imo. An unused vanilla keyword might be used in ways unexpected, or for different reasons by another mod. 

I'll look over existing vanilla keywords and consider adding one to the existing sexlab thread aliases for the next update, which should solve your problem. I'm not sold on FavorBrawlEvent being the one though, wouldn't that conflict with NPC's vanilla-y associated with brawls? Do you have any other keyword suggestions? I'd assume there is a keyword that is never associated with NPC's at all that might be more suitable?

I'll look over the available keywords in the meantime. I'll be resuming the, long over due, full force development of 1.64 very soon in any case.

Is is possible to control 2 animations at the same time? Or be able to switching between them? For example there are 2 animations going on, 1 involves my character and NPC, second involves 2 NPC's. I have set auto advancing stages off, so I advance to next with space button. Can I somehow switch to controlling 2 npc's animations to make them advance to next stage, and then back to animation with my character ?

No. The animation control is always associated with the one the player is involved with, or failing that, the one they have manually tagged to take control over. 

Adding in the functionality to allow control over multiple scenes would be more trouble than it's worth in my opinion. There isn't enough need for more I think. Plus, the sorts of people who'd want/need control over multiple animations at once would be better off scripting things out in a 3rd party plugin I think - which would avoid the issue entirely and allow better control beside.

Stab in the dark: You could use a cloak spell to dynamically attach a script to the actors in range. In that script, you can use SKSE HasKeywordString and mark the actors any way you like (e.g. apply some dummy magic effect, there's a condition function for that).

Not sure what that would do to script load, though.

Stab in the dark: You could use a cloak spell to dynamically attach a script to the actors in range. In that script, you can use SKSE HasKeywordString and mark the actors any way you like (e.g. apply some dummy magic effect, there's a condition function for that).

Not sure what that would do to script load, though.

Cloak spells are the single most common reason for Stack Dumps when logging with Papyrus and of course go completely* unseen when not logging.

*Completely unseen doesn't mean they don't happen and the failure to run scripts doesn't happen or that the mods that expected those scripts to run won't get all screwed up, all that can and will happen.

Bottom line: Avoid cloak spells, there's a better way (Quest aliases).

GetVMQuestVariable - Take a look at the package "BardSongsBardSpotStay" and the quest "BardSongs" as an example.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetVMQuestVariable

GetVMScriptVariable - Works on scripts attached directly to Forms / objects.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetVMScriptVariable

In both cases the script property these condition functions fetch can only compare against the numeric value set in the conditional. Though something like "N = some state" could be created in addition to "true = 1" and "false = 0".

• 4 weeks later...

Damn I probably forgot to post my answer, I thought I did... better late than never I guess.

I replied, but then re-read your question and realized you already mentioned HasKeywordString and meant specifically cases where scripting isn't possible and rely only on esp data... That complicates things for sure...

There is no good answer imo. An unused vanilla keyword might be used in ways unexpected, or for different reasons by another mod. 

I'll look over existing vanilla keywords and consider adding one to the existing sexlab thread aliases for the next update, which should solve your problem. I'm not sold on FavorBrawlEvent being the one though, wouldn't that conflict with NPC's vanilla-y associated with brawls? Do you have any other keyword suggestions? I'd assume there is a keyword that is never associated with NPC's at all that might be more suitable?

I'll look over the available keywords in the meantime. I'll be resuming the, long over due, full force development of 1.64 very soon in any case.

There are several keywords that are not used at all by the game and some keywords exist only to be passed in a story event command to run a quest through the story manager (like FavorBrawlEvent) so there shouldn't be any incompatibilities unless of course the keyword is used for a similar purpose in another mod.

Testing out some things "GetVMScriptVariable" will only work on scripts attached to objects placed within the world.

This function works good yes but would be of no use for this kind of usage, we are looking for a specific variable on an actor involved or not in a SexLab scene, we would have to check every actor threads to see if the actor is in one of them.

I also don't know what happens of this function when the dependent mod is not present in the esp list too, it could stop the quest from starting.

A keyword is a far more easy solution imo.

This could be a very good and working solution as well indeed.

Damn I probably forgot to post my answer, I thought I did... better late than never I guess.

This could be a very good and working solution as well indeed.

Just what I was about to suggest, only to find that the very last page finally addressed it.  But here's the technical explanation. =)

If you "inject" records into a shared master, usually Update.esm, then those records share the same namespace and override one another while each mod is still dependent only on itself, because each mod retains a copy of the form and thus has access to the formID.  So long as every mod defines and injects the keyword with the same FormID, they can check for the existence of this keyword without having to have a dependency on the other mod's .esp or .esm. This is a convenient, if hacky, way of ensuring cross-mod compatibility.

IOW, if SexLab were to inject its keywords into Update.esm rather than defining them as part of SexLab.esm (which is as easy as changing the formID's load order byte in TES5Edit from the SexLab.esm to the Update.esm), you could also create the same keyword in your own plugin, using the same formID, and it would work natively.  Whenever SexLab assigned the keyword, the shared keyword would be readable by your own plugin.

This technique is often used by mods compatible with CCO, such as CACO, Campfire, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Have problem with SL 1.62

Created a new game. Set mods. Waited. Saved. Tried to load and got a CTD. The end.

SL 1.61b works fine.

What could be the problem? What's the critical differences between versions?

P.S. My mods pack is stable. The stress test runs without crashes (player.setav speedmult 1500 / tcl). Winodows 7 64. The hardware is decent (GTX 1070). All games run stable.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea and wonder if that could be done in sexlab: adding (optionally) an ending animation to very animation with some cum flowing to the ground from the tagged openings? Proper animations already exist, usually as last stage from some animations. I could note them down if there is any interest to do it. :)

Have problem with SL 1.62

Created a new game. Set mods. Waited. Saved. Tried to load and got a CTD. The end.

SL 1.61b works fine.

What could be the problem? What's the critical differences between versions?

P.S. My mods pack is stable. The stress test runs without crashes (player.setav speedmult 1500 / tcl). Winodows 7 64. The hardware is decent (GTX 1070). All games run stable.

To me it happens that i can't load a game ~1/500 cases without any specific reason i know. Maybe i quit the game too fast after saving and something wasn't finished properly, but i save & quit fast much more often than it happens... don't know. It might be more likely that something didn't finish properly right after starting a new game. When every mod tries to install itself, there is a lot of work to do. So my advice would be: try it again, go and drink a coffee after character creation to give it some time. Then install sexlab in MCM, wait again, save and see if it still happens. You said you've waited, but knowing myself... i can be a bit unpatient when i want to play. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

when will it be possible or how can we use more than 3 actors to play gangbang or four/fivesome animations

It's already possible, just not many animations for it. 

Foursome tends to end up with a gay animation even if you're heterosexual in SexLab's settings  

Better to have multiple scenes playing at the same time for an orgy. Defeat, Mass MatchMaker, SLEN and Kidnapped (shameless plug :) ) are all able to do this. 

im not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but when being attacked by a large spider it was gradually reducing it's size until it was the size of a small one, yet maintained the large spider's animations with the pc half way under and behind it...

in sexlab mcm untick the potential ctd fix