Hey.  Downloaded the mod, been going to the Concord playground, I'm not finding Duke.  I'm sure I have everything loaded/'activated, but I cannot find him.

I've also tried sleeping at my base (RR, right outside Sanctuary) to see if the mod will reset.  I don't see Duke at all in the playground when I go back after sleeping.  But I swear I hear howling kinda close.  I go around the nearby buildings and look, though, don't see him.

I haven't really started the quest for meeting Preston and the survivors in the Hall, so I'm loath to go any further down that avenue to look for Duke.

Does Duke have a ref ID that I can force spawn him?

Edited by Beefy_Chunx
On 12/4/2022 at 7:46 AM, Beefy_Chunx said:

Hey.  Downloaded the mod, been going to the Concord playground, I'm not finding Duke.  I'm sure I have everything loaded/'activated, but I cannot find him.

I've also tried sleeping at my base (RR, right outside Sanctuary) to see if the mod will reset.  I don't see Duke at all in the playground when I go back after sleeping.  But I swear I hear howling kinda close.  I go around the nearby buildings and look, though, don't see him.

I haven't really started the quest for meeting Preston and the survivors in the Hall, so I'm loath to go any further down that avenue to look for Duke.

Does Duke have a ref ID that I can force spawn him?

Make sure the esp file is checked. Loot can tell you if it is. I use Vortex for my mods and sometimes the esp's are not activated.

^^ Thank you for replying.

I checked Loot and for the life of me, I cannot find Duke's mod.  I looked through NMM and Duke's file is there, the mod is enabled and AFAIK also deployed.  Which is all strange because two days ago I looked through Loot to troubleshoot why Duke wasn't showing.  The file was there, it was highlighted in red and I had seen I was missing Devious Devices.  So I downloaded DD and rechecked Loot, by all accounts, Duke's file warning message disappeared.  I then went through the FSE loader, took Nora to the playground at Concord...but I couldn't find Duke.

I've looked through Loot several times, slowly reading each General Information regarding files that are present.  Duke is not showing as a file.

Very frustrating.  I'm gonna go back and look again when I have time.

In the meantime, I'm still asking anyone out there if Duke has a Ref ID.  I'll console him to Nora than pointlessly looking.

With all the investment I've made, I want to see this mod work.

Edited by Beefy_Chunx

^^ Speaking of files, are there any mod conflicts one can think of.  I'm also using Dogmeat's New Trick and Albino Dogmeat, was considering that maybe certain dog-related content was banjaxing Duke showing up.  Also using Beantown Interiors, but I don't see why this could interfere.

Edited by Beefy_Chunx
13 hours ago, Beefy_Chunx said:

^^ Thank you for replying.

I checked Loot and for the life of me, I cannot find Duke's mod.  I looked through NMM and Duke's file is there, the mod is enabled and AFAIK also deployed.  Which is all strange because two days ago I looked through Loot to troubleshoot why Duke wasn't showing.  The file was there, it was highlighted in red and I had seen I was missing Devious Devices.  So I downloaded DD and rechecked Loot, by all accounts, Duke's file warning message disappeared.  I then went through the FSE loader, took Nora to the playground at Concord...but I couldn't find Duke.

I've looked through Loot several times, slowly reading each General Information regarding files that are present.  Duke is not showing as a file.

Very frustrating.  I'm gonna go back and look again when I have time.

In the meantime, I'm still asking anyone out there if Duke has a Ref ID.  I'll console him to Nora than pointlessly looking.

With all the investment I've made, I want to see this mod work.

I am not even a novice power user lol.  One suggestion would be to start the game in steam, quit without loading any saves and then start like you normally do. I don't think a ref ID would help if your esp file is not activating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shivster000 said:

Weird question, but how would on go about changing Duke's race? For example if I wanted to change him into a feral ghoul or some other creature but still have the same dialogues and interactions. Would that be possible?

`-console , click on him, and "setrace [race]" not working?

Edited by asdfer1234
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 7:57 PM, kuzinatra_79 said:

Can someone help me with Duke not talkin? I've tried many things, but when I talk to him he is just quiet.(dialogue is happening but no words on screen)

Check if you have subtitles on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 7:20 AM, N.Gamma said:

The mod sounds interesting, but unfortunately I don't use ArmorKeywors or Devious Devices. I would like to see a version without these mods as a prerequisite.

I have actualy had requests for the opposite on the discord having people wanting me to add the collar quest. i plan on adding even more devios device content now that i can force equip it to the player like how skyrim mods do. but all that comes after the official LL update

Edited by eidod23
  • 4 weeks later...

Quite a few of the dialogues are broken it seems. One example has the option to "bend down", then "blink". Duke then pisses on the character, and then an infinite blank dialogue camera ensues. You can leave this dialogue, but Duke chases after the character to demand a repeat of the scene.

Also, is there a forced wearing of the collar ever? I went to Duke's home and picked up the collar, but I never saw any dialogue indicated that he wanted my character to wear it.