Just before even getting into it; about the known bug:

> dismissing Duke will cause him to walk off into the sunset after finding the player home. He will be in the player home but you will be unable to recruit him again. I forgot to add the dialog. I will add it once i get all dialog for the player home written up

Does that mean if you ever dismiss him to go to some settlement you can't take him with you again?

• 2 weeks later...

So I got a new computer and downloaded files.  FINALLY got this mod to work....met Duke in the playground.  Sporting a ginormous cock, he's happy to see Nora.

But I can't feel something is missing.  She has dialogue with Duke, but I don't see any captions or dialogue coming from him.

Is it supposed to be this way?  It's all in her head, she subconsciously can hear his thoughts without any scripted dialogue?

Also when she has a "conversation" with Duke, there are extreme close-up shots where you can see his head, with focus on his eyes.

I really want to see this mod work, but I've uninstalled it because it does nothing.

Edited by Beefy_Chunx
  • 5 weeks later...

I get a CTD whenever "Bait" (for some reason the name doesn't appear as Duke? Maybe it's a quest thing I couldn't get to that changes the name) tries to initiate any action other than talking. I did some tests and turns out they don't seem to appear to me as an actor for any AAF scenes? Like, they're not in the list, at all. Dogmeat also doesn't appear, but testing it, Deathclaws do, so I guess it's an issue with either me not having proper animations for dogs or something? But I did install animation packs that include animations for dogs.

What do?

On 10/30/2023 at 6:16 AM, Beefy_Chunx said:

So I got a new computer and downloaded files.  FINALLY got this mod to work....met Duke in the playground.  Sporting a ginormous cock, he's happy to see Nora.

But I can't feel something is missing.  She has dialogue with Duke, but I don't see any captions or dialogue coming from him.

Is it supposed to be this way?  It's all in her head, she subconsciously can hear his thoughts without any scripted dialogue?

Also when she has a "conversation" with Duke, there are extreme close-up shots where you can see his head, with focus on his eyes.

I really want to see this mod work, but I've uninstalled it because it does nothing.

if you dont have subtitles on then nothing will appear, as no lines are voiced. also the extreme close up could just be a bug.

2 hours ago, Grundy122 said:

I get a CTD whenever "Bait" (for some reason the name doesn't appear as Duke? Maybe it's a quest thing I couldn't get to that changes the name) tries to initiate any action other than talking. I did some tests and turns out they don't seem to appear to me as an actor for any AAF scenes? Like, they're not in the list, at all. Dogmeat also doesn't appear, but testing it, Deathclaws do, so I guess it's an issue with either me not having proper animations for dogs or something? But I did install animation packs that include animations for dogs.

What do?

as for the name, it could be a mod conflict, but as far as AAF goes, I've never seen duke or dogmeat show up as a selectable, but you can still force an AAF scene provided you have at least 1 animation pack with bestiality style animations

58 minutes ago, chucklefuckle said:

as for the name, it could be a mod conflict, but as far as AAF goes, I've never seen duke or dogmeat show up as a selectable, but you can still force an AAF scene provided you have at least 1 animation pack with bestiality style animations

Well then I dunno what is wrong, just that I get CTDs near Duke a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Grundy122 said:

I think the description on where he is is a bit misleading. He's on an alleyway just before the first raider encounter in the game (when you first meet the minutemen)

Checked all alleyways around concord, used VATS constantly, couldn't locate him, climbed on top of several buildings and used VATS, still couldn't find him 

Considering that Concord is a hotspot for raiders and other random hostile NPCs; Its possible that he attacks hostile NPCs that are within his radius, that's what might have caused him to wander off. 

Screenshot of described alleyway is welcomed :)

So I got this mod working but Duke is kind of... useless? In combat, I mean. He gets downed by a single melee strike from any source and I can't stimpack him at all, he does fairly good damage, but is limited to melee... and thanks to bethesda pathfinding he keeps jumping off cliffs and entering the downed state before the fight even starts.

Also because apparently he never becomes a real companion, just an NPC that follows you around, he makes no use of that perk that makes companions ignore player damage, so grenades make him downed again.

I even tried to raise his max health using console commands but no dice. I guess the issue is that he got crippled on some limb and since I can't stimpack him I can't heal him.

If as the description says we were supposed to rely on him in combat after he debuffs us, then I think some balancing is needed.

got few questions, thank you if anyone can help:

1,am i imaging this or duke will disable me if there's other dog in the party? (figured that it was caused by another mod)

2,why i havent triggered any event that duke tries to force player naked?

3,why some of the dialogue options are just attitude objectives? such as negative positive neutral? is it normal?

thanks again :)

Edited by zhuguannan
On 10/18/2023 at 3:45 AM, BigOnes69 said:

Peeing on your character is 85 percent of the mod when it should be 90 percent fucking. If its written this way the mod is not for me.

Noticed that too. There is more sex and less urinating going on in a nursing home. Maybe this was made for Bear Grylls. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey im trying to get anything to work when i talk to him nothing really happens for anything im not sure what i need to do to get this to work i am modding through vortex if there is something else i should be doing let me know plz

On 1/7/2024 at 9:42 PM, asdfer1234 said:

No offence. But I think all y'all are really underestimating/not understanding just how broken, incomplete, and/or unfinished (and hopefully but probably not abandoned) this mod is...

reiterating this point:

No offence. But I think all y'all are really underestimating/not understanding just how broken, incomplete, and/or unfinished (and hopefully but probably not abandoned) this mod is...

Not trying to be a hater. Just saying.