Lovers Animations Workshop - New Thread

Mmm my max give me a Unknown class, no stand-in: SuperID =0xB60, ClassID =(0x5BF94F11,0x68C22D6F) and nothing...

Can you try to re-export it getting rid of all textures, filters etc. and for Max 2009 ?

The .kf play nicely in Nifskope already?

Cheers!

http://www.3dvf.com/forum/3dvf/Generale/superid-classid-0x5bf94f11-sujet_1298_1.htm

EDIT: Seems that you're just using a version higher than mine.

Thanks for your time. Yeah well I´m using max 2012  64bit.

The defender plays nicely in Blender when importing it there, the character is just floating a bit higher there, but it works...

Offender is a bit jerky there, and the pelvis movement seems to be missing. the character is also turned by 90° upwards.

Same when reimporting it into max.

Not sure how to "Play" an animation in nifskope. But the values do look like in other animations. 

Here are the exported anims, perhaps you have an idea...

testmo.rar

Lemme check...

EDIT:

Ok. The bottom is more or less working although I doubt it looks like it should and the top one is missing a lot of initial poses.

1 In max, select every bone and every kf chain (if any) go to frame 0, create a key. Do the same for the middle and the end of the animation [i assume you have initial stage, maximum movement, initial stage back, if not... Well, adapt for a key ot each important stage!].

2 Keep your animation a multiple of 30 + 1 timeframe. So if your animation is 60 frames, go to rescale time and make sure you have start 0 end 60, length 60, frame count 61, for 1 sec, 0 30 30 31 etc.  

Re-export using those settings:

68hb38.jpg

Lemme check...

EDIT:

Ok. The bottom is more or less working although I doubt it looks like it should and the top one is missing a lot of initial poses.

1 In max, select every bone and every kf chain (if any) go to frame 0, create a key. Do the same for the middle and the end of the animation [i assume you have initial stage, maximum movement, initial stage back, if not... Well, adapt for a key ot each important stage!].

2 Keep your animation a multiple of 30 + 1 timeframe. So if your animation is 60 frames, go to rescale time and make sure you have start 0 end 60, length 60, frame count 61, for 1 sec, 0 30 30 31 etc.  

Done.

Changed it to 90 frames, created keys for every IK chain and bone at said positions (though I´m sure I had that before), and exorted under your settings: There´s still no movement ingame. 

Funfact: editing other animations, even with adding and using new IK chains, works fine.

So I still think I´m overlooking something here...

Perhaps some missing bones cause this? I deleted a lot of that useless stuff, like wings and weapons.

Lemme check...

EDIT:

Done.

Changed it to 90 frames, created keys for every IK chain and bone at said positions (though I´m sure I had that before), and exorted under your settings: There´s still no movement ingame. 

Funfact: editing other animations, even with adding and using new IK chains, works fine.

So I still think I´m overlooking something here...

Perhaps some missing bones cause this? I deleted a lot of that useless stuff, like wings and weapons.

This happens with the wrong hierarchy of skeleton in an animation.

(Especially when you delete the *extra*-bones..)

You have a simple animation. It is better to redo it.

Although there is a solution - to project your animation over the correct pose, but it is long and difficult.

Shiiiiit. No luck for me here.

I´ll give Nusbie´s rig a try. 

So, how do I move the entire character? whatever I grab, something always stays in place, how to get some space between them?

Select the Pelvis + Both the Feet controllers at the same time :D

WTF??? Facial expressions do not work with those??? Can someone check why? Blenderit and re-export maybe???

Um......there are no facial expression even included.   You have to put them in via the text field.  You can also add them via Nifskope but it is faster I think via blender or Max. 

If you give me the facial codes for each, I can put them in.

Oh, and your attempt to fix the Northern animation........I still can't get it to load via blender, so I can't check it.  I think we abandon that one and leave it be.  Maybe when I finish group 4, I'll try to recreate the animation via Nusbies rig.  :)

So how many of you guys are working in Blender?

I've almost finished rigging an armature and making it user friendly but it needs some testing / tweaking

Well, I finally got a chance to tinker with it and it I think it will make creating new animations one hell of a lot easier!  Unfortunately I don't have too much free time to spare tinkering and I lack many of the basic foundation understanding on rigs so I am fumbling in the dark so to speak.

I have some very noob questions, as rigs are a foreign language to me for the most part:

1. Is the rig mostly just for creating one half of the animation?  Moving the pelvis indeed moves the male, but doesn't move the female.  I can't find a separate pelvis for her so.........how do I animate "her"?

2.  Is there a reason twisting the feet on the male ends up twisting the females feet as well?  That kinda is awkward, I think.

3.  When you finish making an animation with the rig, what steps do you need to follow to export it?  Unfortunately all of the free time I have has gone straight into tweaking animations and translating\updating plugins, with no time left over to read and figure out new blender functions (like constraints and such).

Obviously these questions may be stupid or silly, since I don't know crap about constraints, so please be gentle with me.  :blush:

WTF??? Facial expressions do not work with those??? Can someone check why? Blenderit and re-export maybe???

Um......there are no facial expression even included.   You have to put them in via the text field.  You can also add them via Nifskope but it is faster I think via blender or Max. 

If you give me the facial codes for each, I can put them in.

Oh, and your attempt to fix the Northern animation........I still can't get it to load via blender, so I can't check it.  I think we abandon that one and leave it be.  Maybe when I finish group 4, I'll try to recreate the animation via Nusbies rig.  :)

Mmm Greg I was hoping that would trust me knowing how to add facial expressions buddy, after nearly 1000 kf files I should <_< . There is a facial expression showing in Max and Nifskope but not ingame. If you don't see it in Blender, can you add it and re-export? For GF4VR2Bot0 this is:

ENUM: Face DispHappy2 64 0.25 1.5 0.25

ENUM: Face BlinkLeft 77 0.25 1.5 0.25

ENUM: Face BlinkRight 77 0.25 1.5 0.25

ENUM: Face BrowDownLeft 10 0.25 1.5 0.25

ENUM: Face BrowDownRight 10 0.25 1.5 0.25

Here's the file so you don't have to digg.

For the animation of Northern: ok let's pause it.

You can give me other ones then, so I can help you while you waste time on my problem and learn how to use Nusbie's tool as that will probably help a lot.  :lol: When I learned how IK and constraints worked, I cut by at least 10 the time for creating a new animation.

I'm off to the sea today but should be back tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks!

GF4VR2Bot0.zip

Grumpf,  sorry, I figured you did know how to do facial animations but those files just didn't have them included.  Perhaps they were purged when you exported them somehow.  I can easily add them in via blender.  Give me a few minutes.

In blender you can't see facial expressions.  Or if you can, I sure as heck don't know how.  For us blenderites we just enter the code and leave it.  Course that could just be because I don't know how to enable it........ :blush:

Shiiiiit. No luck for me here.

I´ll give Nusbie´s rig a try. 

So, how do I move the entire character? whatever I grab, something always stays in place, how to get some space between them?

Select the Pelvis + Both the Feet controllers at the same time :D

Better, but the female´s legs always end up being twisted towards the male, no matter what I try. (I´m using the G key to initiate the moving)

@greg: I wondered about that aswell. Hit some of the female´s bones, then click on the first box of "display options". Voila, the rig for the female. 

So how many of you guys are working in Blender?

I've almost finished rigging an armature and making it user friendly but it needs some testing / tweaking

Well, I finally got a chance to tinker with it and it I think it will make creating new animations one hell of a lot easier!  Unfortunately I don't have too much free time to spare tinkering and I lack many of the basic foundation understanding on rigs so I am fumbling in the dark so to speak.

I have some very noob questions, as rigs are a foreign language to me for the most part:

1. Is the rig mostly just for creating one half of the animation?  Moving the pelvis indeed moves the male, but doesn't move the female.  I can't find a separate pelvis for her so.........how do I animate "her"?

2.  Is there a reason twisting the feet on the male ends up twisting the females feet as well?  That kinda is awkward, I think.

3.  When you finish making an animation with the rig, what steps do you need to follow to export it?  Unfortunately all of the free time I have has gone straight into tweaking animations and translating\updating plugins, with no time left over to read and figure out new blender functions (like constraints and such).

Obviously these questions may be stupid or silly, since I don't know crap about constraints, so please be gentle with me.  :blush:

Alright I wanted to see how much you guys knew before making a tutorial. Please ask away and I will answer all your questions. Working with a rig is a lot more fun :D

Refer to this image:

Where it says "Layers" you can click and shift-click to display layers. The 2 bottom layers are the skeletons, and the 2 top layers are the meshes, which makes it easier to animate.

2 . To move the entire character, select the Pelvis and both feet.ik's and rotate/grab. You can grab the hands as well I think :D 

2.1 I fixed this in the latest "release", here: 

NusBie IK Armature v0.4.7z

3. When you are done animating, go into object mode, select the skeleton you wish to export, go to "Scripts - animation - bake contraints" and when it is done "baking" export the new "Scene skeleton" it makes.

I'll upload some scetches I've done later.

Nusbie i tried your rig, but can you can explain some part of it ??

When you move the pelvis the feet will go underground, and make the transition more difficult when animating. if you duplicate feet bones and make them child of leg.ik you can use copy rotation on feet.r and feet .l and when you move the pelvis the feet it self will keep to point to the direction the hlp.feet bone is pointing too. and you can manually animate the feet the from the ik in a more neutral transition.

Hope you don't take this to criticize you or anything. it is good you release this. So other can learn from it.

Nusbie i tried your rig, but can you can explain some part of it ??

When you move the pelvis the feet will go underground, and make the transition more difficult when animating. if you duplicate feet bones and make them child of leg.ik you can use copy rotation on feet.r and feet .l and when you move the pelvis the feet it self will keep to point to the direction the hlp.feet bone is pointing too. and you can manually animate the feet the from the ik in a more neutral transition.

Hope you don't take this to criticize you or anything. it is good you release this. So other can learn from it.

Brilliant! Please do this and upload the blender file. We could make this into a collaborative work. Having a perfectly rigged armature would be brilliant but I'm just beginning to poke into the abyss that is Inverse Kinematics. Good job :D

Ah nice one Nusbie. Works well. Small bug to report: male rig: Finger4L moves all fingers, instead of just the intended one.

That's actually somehow intended. The littlefinger bone influences the entire hand, but not 100% so it simplifies hand animation.

Sorry.The question is not on the topic, but about an animation and bake constraint :

Who can explain to me, paragraph 11,

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/oblivion_jp/d/VMDMotionImporter%20%3e%20The%20main%20body%20and%20How%20to%20use

(Where to search in Miku.blend Scene Root (Skeleton of Oblivion))?

See this picture.

Top center brown box is the "Scripts" window. Click it, and go to Animation -> Bake Constraints. This will "render" the animation and add all the keyframes. It then creates a copy of the skeleton with all keyframes set and you can export that

I will check your rig and try to add to it and once finished post it back here.

in the mean time:

Male+FemaleStartRig(+Sample Animation).7z

This one is pretty old rig, i haven't really done any animating for oblivion in pretty long time.

It is a bit easier to put all ik under bip01 so when you select bip01 it will allow you to move entire rig all at once. See bip01 as your full ground level. with rig you will notice i have separated pelvis from spine so you can animate these separately.

This rig from what i can tell is not finished yet, i have not done the elbow or knee yet.but the hands and fingers should be animating properly. So you can create quick fists etc..

Right now i have done better advanced rig done for New Vegas. But i will see if i can make some for oblivion next.

Sorry.The question is not on the topic, but about an animation and bake constraint :

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/oblivion_jp/d/VMDMotionImporter%20%3e%20The%20main%20body%20and%20How%20to%20use

See this picture.

Top center brown box is the "Scripts" window. Click it, and go to Animation -> Bake Constraints. This will "render" the animation and add all the keyframes. It then creates a copy of the skeleton with all keyframes set and you can export that

=============================

It then creates a copy of the skeleton ???

Where? In another Layer? In *miku_arm* Layer? [base MMD skeleton]

I will check your rig and try to add to it and once finished post it back here.

in the mean time:

attachicon.gifMale+FemaleStartRig(+Sample Animation).7z

This one is pretty old rig, i haven't really done any animating for oblivion in pretty long time.

It is a bit easier to put all ik under bip01 so when you select bip01 it will allow you to move entire rig all at once. See bip01 as your full ground level. with rig you will notice i have separated pelvis from spine so you can animate these separately.

This rig from what i can tell is not finished yet, i have not done the elbow or knee yet.but the hands and fingers should be animating properly. So you can create quick fists etc..

Right now i have done better advanced rig done for New Vegas. But i will see if i can make some for oblivion next.

Pretty solid rig. Had to get used to working without a visible skeleton, but I can see how smart that is :D

While we are here, let me try and show how to make a simple animation come to life:

Male+FemaleStartRig(+Sample Animation).7z

Here I spent 5 minutes moving some keyframes around and doing 1 spine keyframe a bit off as well and it's a completely different animation. I work the same way in all my anims. You create basic keyframes so everything is in sync, and then you move stuff around so it's not so static. I hope you can see the point I'm trying to make here.

Nice rig, I'm gonna try and do some stuff with it later

To TDA

See this picture.

It then creates a copy of the skeleton ???

Where? In another Layer? In *miku_arm* Layer? [base MMD skeleton]

I opened miku_arm. and from what i can see, there is only layer for skeleton witch is layer 5. hold shift 1 + 5 to select both layer 1 and 5 and you should see skeleton and mesh on screen.
I have no idea how to export this. seem it uses different method then nif export but vmdexport or something like that.

But everything mentioned by nusbie is still valid you need to animate it then select miku_arm then go to script screen animations and use bake constrain and it should create a new armature named miku_arm.001 or something similar rename that to Scene Root and you should be able to export that with vmdexporter.

To nusbie

Here I spent 5 minutes moving some keyframes around and doing 1 spine keyframe a bit off as well and it's a completely different animation. I work the same way in all my anims. You create basic keyframes so everything is in sync, and then you move stuff around so it's not so static. I hope you can see the point I'm trying to make here.

Nice rig, I'm gonna try and do some stuff with it later

Thanks, yes that is also how i normally animate for new vegas now. Right now i am more experimenting to make both hands to move with the body from the other npc.

if you select ik hands from male npc and add a constrain to be child of female npc body, you can then select the hands from male to move at the same time with the female without having to constantly swap from one side to the next. To finish a cycle. With this method is faster way to make animation like breast grabbing without having the mesh clipping appearing.