{UPDATE - 2014 July 06} Teen Monli Race

hey psychomachina! long time no see lol. Any chance there is a way to get the Layered Face Tattoo Warpaint by mod TairenSoul to work with the monli race? i like the tattoos that come with the monlis but i loooooove the layered face tattoos mod too lol

oddly enough the mod itself seems to have been taken off of the nexus for some odd reason but if you already HAVE it maybe you could do something with it to make it work?

Hello Silver

You will have to use RaceMenu and install the associated plugin for TairenSoul.  I don't use RaceMenu so I don't really know what all needs to be installed, but I do know RaceMenu is required.  Just remember RaceMenu and ECE are not compatible and from what I read on either RaceMenu or ECE forum, Expired has given up providing support for the ECE functions.

There might be an alternative and that is to add a warpaint layer to the COMPLEXION slider and another to the WARPAINT slider.  This is if only using ECE.

I know there is a blog site that got permission to host the files.  Exactly why they were taken down from Nexus, I don't know.

Hi, Psycho

4.4 works fine with vanilla bolt.

But when I use some custom crossbow mod with bolt, Crossbow bolt quiver will still floating.

the crossbow mod : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35837/?

I haven't tried other crossbows.

Hello Luhna

The custom quiver is using a different mesh and needs to be repositioned.

The Nexus servers are being a real pain in the ass despite their moving to all new servers.  If the mod page isn't forever loading, it's not loading properly, not to mention I keep getting logged out.  Can you pm me the file?  If it's under 100mb, you can upload it to LL so you can send me the attachment when messaging me.

Hello KInky

A male version is included.  The ECE morphs are limited compared to the female, but you can make a decent male Monli.  They may look more teen/young adult and they're just taller than the females.  If you want them looking younger and smaller like the females, let me know and I'll see what I can do.  This will take awhile as I'm in the middle of making custom skeletons for the Elins.

If you have your own body and textures you want to use, these are the folders you place the files into.

MESHES

Meshes > Actors > Character > Monli

TEXTURES

Textures > Actors > Character > Monli > Male

The texture path is only if you want the male body textures for your character only, other than that, you can install the textures in their default folder.

I was expecting them to be about the same height so i thought that male version is not finished yet coz there seem to be big difference in height between default male and female monli...

All other races have male and female about same height so i guess i would like to see Monli as "small elven race" also about same height for each gender.

So, no, not younger, just about same default height.

hey psychomachina! long time no see lol. Any chance there is a way to get the Layered Face Tattoo Warpaint by mod TairenSoul to work with the monli race? i like the tattoos that come with the monlis but i loooooove the layered face tattoos mod too lol

oddly enough the mod itself seems to have been taken off of the nexus for some odd reason but if you already HAVE it maybe you could do something with it to make it work?

Hello Silver

You will have to use RaceMenu and install the associated plugin for TairenSoul.  I don't use RaceMenu so I don't really know what all needs to be installed, but I do know RaceMenu is required.  Just remember RaceMenu and ECE are not compatible and from what I read on either RaceMenu or ECE forum, Expired has given up providing support for the ECE functions.

There might be an alternative and that is to add a warpaint layer to the COMPLEXION slider and another to the WARPAINT slider.  This is if only using ECE.

I know there is a blog site that got permission to host the files.  Exactly why they were taken down from Nexus, I don't know.

what!? you don't use racemenu!? why not!? you're missing out massively if you don't! All the extra features like custom ears and even more body config options. cmon man you're missing out massively with this one. and no Race menu as far as i know isn't REQUIRED to use the warpaints themselves. Yes it's required for the layered part but not for the actual warpaints themselves. The only way to use them on custom races is to make them compatible from what i can tell because the warpaint by TairenSoul doesn't come with a plugin but rather the warpaints replace the vanilla ones i think.

Missing out on what?  Fancy interface?  I like the SkyUI interface.  Is that the selling point?

Layered warpaints?  Again,  is that what make RaceMenu superior?

Compatibility with ECE?  Expired attached some ECE functions and people are still having problems with the face not changing or resetting.  Someone mentioned in the RaceMenu comments section that Expired no longer provides support for the ECE features.  Is that correct?  I wouldn't be suprised since there is a never ending stream of people needing help with the face borking or resetting.

Body morphs?  Can you make a Manga body become flatchest even with an xp32 skeleton?  Change shape of the biceps?  Another selling point?

Expired is trying to add bodyslide-type functionality to RaceMenu.  I'll tell you what,

post-64505-0-23429200-1375531502_thumb.png

If you can recreate and vastly improve my CB++ Venus body using only RaceMenu, I'll gladly switch over.

Also,

post-64505-0-00115400-1375531684_thumb.jpg

if you can recreate and vastly improve, both beauty and cuteness, my Monli using only RaceMenu, I'll switch over.

Hey OP.

First of all I would like to express my deepest admiration for your work. I couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed there's even a NMM installer that let's you chose between body types and so on. Such an unusual level of luxury. Especially for a loli mod.

And then there's all these options with Enhanced Character Edit like independently scaling the head and legs and waist and what not... This mod compilation is such a treasure chest. Thanks to you, I was finally able to create the realistic and lore-friendly loli player character I have always dreamed of playing. Finally I don't have to put up with all these terribly proportioned freak dolls anymore which earlier loli mods were offering.

Skimming through this thread, I noticed there has been some discussion over the creation of a more child-like voice set for this race.

Well, what a coincidence... because that's exactly what I've been working on for the past three days. I'm new to modding, mind you. Started watching creation kit video tutorials half a week ago. It seems surprisingly easy, though. I expected worse. Just a few hours ago I more or less finished work on this player voice mod for Monli lolis. Its files are based on Skyrim's original voice type for female children. (Needless to say, most samples had to be altered heavily.) And lo and behold, I even managed to create my own working NMM installer. Right now I'm only fixing one or two grunting noises and making some volume adjustments. (It's probably already better than CotS's voice pack which I personally find insultingly bad.)

Again just to clarify: This is not a cheap replacement mod for "femaleeventoned" or any other existing voice type but a completely new voice that only works with females of the Monli race. So it's not messing with Skyrims's original game assets in any way. Poor Lydia finally gets to keep her voice for example. (Unless of course you make her a Monli.)

So far my mod only contains the sound files necessary for a player character. (Though of course many of the screams and grunts overlap with the NPCs' vocabulary.) Maybe I'll add follower/NPC voice files some time later.

So once I'm done polishing, should I post the mod here? I'm not entirely sure. Anyone interested? (Has anyone even made the effort to read this far?)

Anyways, keep up the good work guys.

And is there maybe a way for you to give that UNP Petite body a proper round belly? Maybe a slider? Because right now it looks like my character is constantly holding her breath.

Hello Wiimote

Your Monli voice mod sounds very interesting.  The choice is yours whether to upload it to the Download section and create your own thread or offer it as an addon for the Monli (maybe also Elins?).  Either way, I think a video or samples (mp3 or wav) so that people can hear the voices would be advisable.

I'll see what can be done for the UNP Petite body, but I can't promise something anytime soon as I'm working on some much needed and overdue updates for the Elin race.

A lot of work has gone into this mod and it shows, great work. Below is my current character, a little less cute and more towards I'll cut you off at the knees. The only issue I have is using melee weapons on horseback, I can't hit anything no matter how close I am or what I use but bows work fine. I think I had a similar issue with CotS so I am thinking it is related to the skeleton as adult sized races and vanilla races work fine.

post-101267-0-36371300-1375837661_thumb.jpg

Missing out on what?  Fancy interface?  I like the SkyUI interface.  Is that the selling point?

Compatibility with ECE?  Expired attached some ECE functions and people are still having problems with the face not changing or resetting.  Someone mentioned in the RaceMenu comments section that Expired no longer provides support for the ECE features.  Is that correct?  I wouldn't be suprised since there is a never ending stream of people needing help with the face borking or resetting.

Body morphs?  Can you make a Manga body become flatchest even with an xp32 skeleton?  Change shape of the biceps?  Another selling point?

Expired is trying to add bodyslide-type functionality to RaceMenu.  I'll tell you what,

attachicon.gifVenus Body Hourglass.png

If you can recreate and vastly improve my CB++ Venus body using only RaceMenu, I'll gladly switch over.

Also,

attachicon.gifMy Chaos.jpg

if you can recreate and vastly improve, both beauty and cuteness, my Monli using only RaceMenu, I'll switch over.

The issue is the utter lack of communication between those two mod authors. Someone I know of pleaded that they should collaborate if possible or create an ECE-only version of that menu, but that didn't happen and that these authors use different techniques and skeletons to tweak and shape bodies and faces. And I gather that both authors are of different nationalities?

A lot of work has gone into this mod and it shows, great work. Below is my current character, a little less cute and more towards I'll cut you off at the knees. The only issue I have is using melee weapons on horseback, I can't hit anything no matter how close I am or what I use but bows work fine. I think I had a similar issue with CotS so I am thinking it is related to the skeleton as adult sized races and vanilla races work fine.

Thank you.  As for mounted combat, everyone knows the smaller the person, the bigger or longer the weapon. ;)

Also,

The issue is the utter lack of communication between those two mod authors. Someone I know of pleaded that they should collaborate if possible or create an ECE-only version of that menu, but that didn't happen and that these authors use different techniques and skeletons to tweak and shape bodies and faces. And I gather that both authors are of different nationalities?

The issue, imo, was the constant nagging from the nexus community to merge the two.  Kaeper wanted to improve ECE and Expired was interested in adding similar features to RaceMenu (not quite the same as "improving" RaceMenu).  Kaeper caved-in and sent Expired the source code.  Expired added a way to access some of the ECE sliders and became everyone's hero.  Kaeper was sent down Amnesia Lane.

Now, Expired has stopped support for the ECE features and Kaeper is MIA. 

I don't use ECE anymore because it crashed my PC too many times. I never had a problem with the old one, but after the new one, it just froze my PC all the time. So I chucked it out. I personally would rather have races have no dependency on either of these tweaking devices and just have their own set of features to modify in the vanilla menu. That's why I rather use the Elin race originally uploaded for it's use of it's own set of faces provided.

Still, I haven't played Skyrim for over two months now - I've enjoyed Oblivion far too much lately! :P

Thank you.  As for mounted combat, everyone knows the smaller the person, the bigger or longer the weapon. ;)

Also,

The issue, imo, was the constant nagging from the nexus community to merge the two.  Kaeper wanted to improve ECE and Expired was interested in adding similar features to RaceMenu (not quite the same as "improving" RaceMenu).  Kaeper caved-in and sent Expired the source code.  Expired added a way to access some of the ECE sliders and became everyone's hero.  Kaeper was sent down Amnesia Lane.

Now, Expired has stopped support for the ECE features and Kaeper is MIA. 

I see. That's why. 

I got both mods working all right, although this time with Ran46's EECE improvements, but didn't use xp32's skeleton because I want to keep Chesko's quiver skeleton, and I don't want my character looking like a glamazon.

I am dumb, where is everyone getting these cute outfits? I only recently installed Skyrim after owning it almost since its release, so I'm not very clever when it comes to mods and compatibility and such. I'm afraid to download one thing incase it doesn't work unless I download another thing that will conflict with another mod, like what happened to me many times back when I played New Vegas, if that even makes any sense.

But on a subject that isn't about my incompetence, great work on this mod! It's exactly what I have been wanting ever since I got the game and I would be lying if I said that part of the reason for me not playing was due to the fact that a mod like this didn't exist at the time.

Hello Steg

Here are some cute outfits for the Monli.

Fox Armors Merged (CBBE Slim and CBBE Petite)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19325-foxarmors-merged/

Armor Conversions for CotS (x117 UNP and UNP Petite)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15220-armor-conversions-for-yii-techniques-labors-cots/

Loli Armor Pack (x117 UNP and UNP Petite)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6985-loli-armor-pack-v10-june-17-2012/

The thing about armor/clothes mods, if they don't fit or causes issues, it does not break the game.  Uninstalling them is perfectly safe.

Have fun and don't worry about trying out a mod unless it uses scripts.  When uninstalling a mod that utilizes scripts, the saves do not completely remove them.  Best to try out those type of mods with new saves and when you decide you want to remove the mod, delete the new saves and revert back to your "safe", old saves.

Cheers! I broke one of the mods whilst installing something else but it was easy enough to fix using the NMM. But now the Monli race doesn't seem to have any pupils so I don't know what's going on there!

I guess I can just ask this here too, but when I attempt to use the anvil the preview for most of the armour just shows a weird symbol. I dunno if that is an error symbol or whatever. I also noticed that some screenshots people have posted have characters with animal features like ears and tails. Where can I find those?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just not very computer-literate. :c

Oh, and here's the symbol I'm talking about: http://i.imgur.com/KR9Gqbq.jpg

Edited by Steg

@Steg

Pardon my late reply.  Some of the armors from the LoliLabs armor pack only shows those symbols and don't have a preview of the models.  Don't worry, it's not game breaking.

The characters with animal ears are either a race using wearable animal ears or the Elins.

Fox 20 (wearable Elin ears)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19325-foxarmors-merged/

If you can't purchase the items from the Fox Shop merchant, there is a barrow just outside the front entrance.  You can obtain everything there.

Elin Race

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-update-tera-body-amors-tera-elin-race/

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to get the same screenshots as you did. My models seems to be clothed in puffy type underwear. How can I get rid of them?

The Monlis don't come with underwear.  Can you provide a screenshot because I am curious about these puffy underwears.  I'm inclined to think the body mesh got overwritten by a non-nude body replacer or mod that adds underwear.

Alright, thanks a bunch! I haven't quite got used to all this stuff but I'm well on my way now!

Take your time.  If you are unsure about a mod, just ask around.  Also when installing a mod, create new saves that way, if something goes wrong, just delete the mod and revert back to a save you have before installing any new mods.

Gonzorox, on 10 Aug 2013 - 5:13 PM, said:snapback.png

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to get the same screenshots as you did. My models seems to be clothed in puffy type underwear. How can I get rid of them?

The Monlis don't come with underwear.  Can you provide a screenshot because I am curious about these puffy underwears.  I'm inclined to think the body mesh got overwritten by a non-nude body replacer or mod that adds underwear.

post-41143-0-72280100-1376202587_thumb.jpg

post-41143-0-64930500-1376202629_thumb.jpg

@Gonorox

I don't know why your Monli is appearing with those undewears.  I never saw them before.

Strip her down completely then save the game.

Reinstall the files from the main pack then the textures.

Start the game and load the last save.

If see is still wearing underwear, some other mod is adding them.

If see is nude, pay attention so that when they reappear, you'll know what you did or what happened to cause them to return.

Sorry for asking so many questions but I have another!

Is there a seperate hairpack to use with this race and other child races? I am just wondering as I've noticed headgear in some screenshots people have posted which doesn't remove the hair, whilst every piece of headgear I try other than the head accessories makes my character bald.

I'm using the SG Hair Pack, if that is relevant.

Head gear such as hoods and helmets use the same body slots as the hairs so when they are equipped, the hoods or helmets replaces the hair.  Even if they are assigned a different slot, there would be serious clipping issues where parts of the hairs would show through the hood or helmet.

There are wigs that add tufts of hair to hoods and helmets.  These are separate from the headware and are obtained separately.  There is only one hood that I know about, but forgot the name, that was made large enough to avoid clipping most hairs and uses a different body slot so as not to replace the hair.

zzJay and Grace Darkling's Hoods with Hairs

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28147

Apachii Sky Hairs

- Apachii Helmet Wigs v1.0

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10168