Fatal Frame Maiden of the Black Water nude mods

@sorwah

You'll also need to alter the console byte value to whichever console you're trying to run this on.

Does this work for ps4? Because gust_tools cant extract the g1t correctly due to type 0x60 - 62 dds

The wiiu used these types as well.. So theoretically, would a reverse version of your tool pack it up to those types?

edit:

https://github.com/VitaSmith/gust_tools/issues/52

https://github.com/VitaSmith/gust_tools/issues/45

https://github.com/VitaSmith/gust_tools/issues/54

https://github.com/VitaSmith/gust_tools/issues/51

Edited by H215
source for gust_tools issues
33 minutes ago, H215 said:

@sorwah

Does this work for ps4? Because gust_tools cant extract the g1t correctly due to type 0x60 - 62 dds

The wiiu used these types as well.. So theoretically, would a reverse version of your tool pack it up to those types?

I didn't test it on PS4 as I don't have a jail broken PS4 to test. the G1T from what I saw was primarily just the G1T header and then the individual files, of course the WiiU costumes natively have their WiiU swizzle algorithm applied. Also, I believe that flag is in the G1T's header at offset 0x14, but I imagine if you are using the correct endian then it should work for that console. The DDS files themselves I don't believe get that console flag.

For reference for what value should be at 0x14

SONY_PS2                0x00
SONY_PS3                0x01
MICROSOFT_X360          0x02
NINTENDO_WII            0x03
NINTENDO_DS             0x04
NINTENDO_3DS            0x05
SONY_PSV                0x06
GOOGLE_ANDROID          0x07
APPLE_IOS               0x08
NINTENDO_WIIU           0x09
MICROSOFT_WINDOWS       0x0A
SONY_PS4                0x0B
MICROSOFT_XONE          0x0C
NINTENDO_SWITCH         0x10

So you'd update the value to be a 0x0B.

Also, the tool only works one way: Big Endian -> Little Endian. It won't work in reverse. I suppose I *could* modify the program to support it but honestly I don't want to risk breaking it.

Edited by sorwah
13 minutes ago, H215 said:

@sorwah

Holy shit! It loads up with the byte switch to 0x0B, but the textures are partially garbled in black blocks..

This is a step up from before. Costume load would just crash the game.

I'd expect that might be due to some swizzle algorithm the PS4 expects its textures to have. I'm only just guessing though.

FYI, apparently you can modify the costume names via a hex editor as well.

For English you'd modify the file located at:

\\FATAL FRAME MOBW\binary\text\USen\system.fmsg

You'll find the costume selection section at offset 0x4D6D8

There, you can see the wide string listing for all of the costumes. This way if you are hijacking a costume slot with a different costume, you can change the label on it (limited to character count listed before the string). From what I can tell, the listings for the Bikinis and bunny ears/tail are still/already there. No mention of the Zelda/Samus costumes.

Trying to see if there's a way to increase the displayed costume slots atm. Like how the game knows to ignore H_YRI_D costume over say any other.

Edited by sorwah
23 hours ago, sorwah said:

There, you can see the wide string listing for all of the costumes. This way if you are hijacking a costume slot with a different costume, you can change the label on it (limited to 20 characters). From what I can tell, the listings for the Bikinis and bunny ears/tail are still/already there. No mention of the Zelda/Samus costumes.

Trying to see if there's a way to increase the displayed costume slots atm. Like how the game knows to ignore H_YRI_D costume over say any other.

Many thanks to the impressive work of yours.

It would be great if there is a way to open more costume slots.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:51 PM, sorwah said:

There, you can see the wide string listing for all of the costumes. This way if you are hijacking a costume slot with a different costume, you can change the label on it (limited to character count listed before the string). From what I can tell, the listings for the Bikinis and bunny ears/tail are still/already there. No mention of the Zelda/Samus costumes.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:02 PM, Dummy_Name said:

Many thanks to the impressive work of yours.

It would be great if there is a way to open more costume slots.

Sure, no problem. Still researching, but as an addendum. Before each string are two integers: First is the number of characters in the string to display including the first 00 00 in the string. Second is the total byte size of the two Int32s and the wide string. It's best to not alter the second int or the actual byte size of the string, as it may affect the file's other internal offsets. So some strings will yield more space to add longer names. It's okay to have 00s until the end of the string, just make sure the first integer is an accurate count of characters.

Edited by sorwah
On 1/18/2022 at 3:13 AM, sorwah said:

So this was nearly two-three months of work for me... but I was able to create a program that converts a G1M file from big-endian to little endian, over 2500 lines of hand written code. I couldn't have done it without a lot of help though from various sources - as some sources were errant in some of their findings but not most.

Anyways, with this program you can take a Big Endian G1M file and drag and drop it into the exe and it will create a `_converted.g1m` version of the file.

To make it into a GMPK file you'll still have to convert the GMPK header's from Big to Little endian, and the header for the G1T pack file (if it is in Big Endian, but creating one fresh via existing tools should create a Little Endian version). However, the GMPK header isn't much of an issue to flip as most of the data needs to be flipped besides a handfull of magic bytes. You'll also need to alter the console byte value to whichever console you're trying to run this on.

This G1M Big -> Little Endian application has let me convert over the WiiU exclusive costumes from both the Western and Eastern releases without issue. Additionally, was able to take the G1T file and replace most if not all of the textures with a PC texture version for the added upscale.

My only words of caution are that since I only cared about converting these costumes over, I didn't test any G1M files that use NUNO1, NUNO3, or NUNO4 since all of the Fatal Frame ones are NUNO2. Additionally, EXTR section is pretty undocumented but it's not really used in FF's case so could have just lucked out there.

I'm also attaching my GMPKs for the WiiU exclusives which are named presently so I could overwrite the Premium DLC content and fit them all on the costume select.

H_YRI_S.gmpk

This is the WiiU Eastern H_YRI_D.gmpk Yuri's Bikini Swimsuit

263525558_1201110450379776_2613097497137

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

H_YRI_Q.gmpk

This is the WiiU Western H_YRI_P.gmpk Yuri's Samus Cosplay

262985235_269962608444105_79793769155028

H_MIU_Q.gmpk

This is the WiiU Eastern H_MIU_D.gmpk Miu's Bikini Swimsuit

unknown.png

H_MIU_P.gmpk

This is the WiiU Western H_MIU_M.gmpk Miu's Princess Zelda Cosplay

263423373_313420890630016_49612342203737 

G1MBLE.7z 13.24 kB · 113 downloads H_YRI_S.gmpk 15.62 MB · 131 downloads H_YRI_Q.gmpk 18.85 MB · 141 downloads H_MIU_Q.gmpk 17.48 MB · 127 downloads H_MIU_P.gmpk 17.58 MB · 117 downloads

good job,bro,but G1MBLE.7z can`t download now,could u repuload it?

@sorwah

So is the ps4 swizzle known? I tried many things including converting to ps4 gnf and then using noesis to export dds but gust_tools create a 1kb .g1t..

Also I noticed the black garble on switch (yuzu) too when using yours files but the files made by @glittersora load up on switch and pc just fine..

I wonder what they did different? 

Is there any kind of .bat files for any of these programs out there that can change between swizzles?

Edited by H215

I didn't handle the de-swizzling of the textures. Well, I had a friend who took on the challenge of figuring out the algorithm since we couldn't find one available anywhere that worked, but then someone provided all the deswizzled textures anyways, which was just easier as my friend's would only save the export as PNG.

The differences between Yuri's Bikini in the Switch and WiiU versions in regards to the G1M specifically is the UV locations. The WiiU version was designed to be wet, and the Switch version looks like they were trying to make it function like Zelda and Samus suits where they don't get wet. The UVs are different between the two. I'm not sure if that's the only difference, but that's one difference I know about.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:06 PM, Ellijazz said:

New cheat table. Fixed a lot of bugs and added some features. The Grab Controller should work a lot better now for looping the grabs and the camera setting should be set correctly (note : Camera Controller must be enabled for the camera setting under Grab Controller to have any effect). One exception is Ose's grab when she is in her above-water form, this one is very unique and I didn't manage to work around it. Also the basic ghost's ground grab still crashes the game, but I found out you can still go into Camera Obscura mode even when the Grab Controller is active, simply by pressing the regular camera button. So as long as you don't let the grab timer run out, you'll be fine (Loop Grabs setting is useful here).

Added a few cheat entries to remove additional UI elements, such as the Wetness gauge and HP bar. Also the "heartbeat" effect that occurs when you are at low HP (both the visual and audio effects are removed; however the voice alteration still applies, as does the impaired movement). I also wanted to remove the items/enemy markers that appear around the screen, but I didn't manage to find that piece of code...

Added new cheat that changes light-type attacks to "shove" type, i.e. any regular attack should make you fall to the ground when active. One example where this is useful : the child boy has a ground grab, but none of his attacks can throw you down under normal circumstances.

And now the main entry : Free Cam cheat, under Camera Controller. When active, the camera will stop moving completely, leaving you in control of it. 2 exceptions : when you are running or go into Camera Obscura mode, it will behave normally. I've purposefully kept it this way as it can make navigation easier and allows you to fight ghosts if needed. As soon as you stop running or exit Camera Obscura mode, the cam will snap back to its previous location.

Currently, these are the hotkeys used to control the camera (HUGE credits to STN from the fearlessrevolution forums, he made a camera mod for Life is Strange, which I've used as a basis/near copy for this. This would not have been possible without him, as the math needed to make this work is beyond my current ability) :

1. Numpad 8/4/5/6 : Moves the camera forward/left/backward/right. BOTH the camera and the target (i.e. the focal point of the camera) move in that direction.
  2. Numpad 9/7 : Moves the camera up/down. Both the camera and the target.
  3. While holding Numpad "+" key -> Numpad 8/4/5/6 : Pans the camera up/left/down/right. In other words, moves the target while the camera stays immobile.
  4. While holding Numpad "Enter" key -> Numpad 8/4/5/6 : Orbits the camera up/left/down/right. In other words, the target stays in the same location while the camera orbits around it in a sphere.
  5. While holding Numpad "Enter" key -> 9/7 : Moves the camera directly up/down, but while keeping the target in the same position (similar to orbit but not following the spherical shape)
  6. Numpad 3/1 : Moves the camera forward/backward, while keeping the target in the same position. Best way to zoom in or out without moving the target, in case you want to orbit around that point later.
  7. With any of the above, you can also hold F to make the movement faster, or V to make it slower.

Now, one of my main goals was to be able to record grab animations at arbitrary angles, but this was difficult since it's hard to control where you get grabbed and at which orientation. Sure I can loop the grabs infinitely with my other cheats and THEN move the camera around, but I would miss the start of the animation at my preferred angle. So I also created a few other helper functions :

1. Save the current location/target of the camera with CTRL + 5 (NOT the numpad this time), then press 5 to load that location. I.e. the camera will instantly snap back to where it was saved. By default, the initial location is the camera's position when you activated the cheat.
  2. By pressing CTRL + 6, the camera will enter "transforms-recording mode". In that state, any movement/pan/orbit of the camera that you perform gets recorded in memory, until you press 6 to stop recording. Then, if you press 7, the game will instantly reapply the same set of transformations that was just recorded. So for example, if you record a 90 degrees rotation to the left, every time you press 7 the camera will immediately rotate 90 degrees left again. Of course you can record a more complex set of transformations too. Pressing CTRL + 7 clears the current set of transformations in memory.
  3. Pressing 8 or CTRL + 8 allows you to save/load a set of transformations to a file. The save path and filename must be specified in the appropriate entries under the Free Cam cheat (both for saving and for loading)

So basically, here is how I'm using this to achieve my own goals :

1. I use the Grab Controller cheat to make the grabs loop infinitely, then spawn in the ghost I want
  2. I set "Set Camera Position on Grab" to 1 under Free Cam. If this setting is 1, the camera will automatically snap to a set default location when a grab begins. If it is left at 0, the camera will not budge.
  3. Once I get grabbed and the cam moves to its default location, I can now create the camera angle I want. I press CTRL+6 to start recording, then I can move the cam however I want until I find an angle I like. Once this is done, I press 6 to stop the recording, then I can press 8 to save this to a file if I want to.
  4. Now that I have a set of transformations I like in memory, I make sure that "Apply Transform on Grab" is set to 1 under Free Cam. As the name implies, if this setting is 1, whatever set of transformations that is currently stored in memory will be applied immediately upon getting grabbed. Combined with the previous setting that sets a default camera position for the grab, it means that as soon as I get grabbed, BOOM the camera snaps to the exact same angle I had recorded, so I can now enjoy the full animation at this angle.

It's definitely pretty clunky and most of this probably won't be very useful to most people, but if that's your thing like me, you have the options.

Also, if you record a very long transformation, you may or may not eventually run into performance issues, untested.

FATAL_FRAME_MOBW.CT 212.29 kB · 175 downloads

Bro there any update cheat? :)
i dont know, your cheat is near complete perfect but iam still waiting new update..

On 1/22/2022 at 9:15 PM, Hakufu1021 said:

Stop referencing his Patreon. It's closed to everyone but who was lucky enough to get a slot already. You are just getting the hopes up of new users.

Sorry was lucky enough and got in for one Month, got all Mods I wanted. Will not mention this anymore.