Fatal Frame Maiden of the Black Water nude mods

21 minutes ago, SirDoge said:

Might I ask how do you install these ? Specifically this 

386079175_2022_04_09_23_07_54_967PHOTODATA029.png.830de41113586e9382a87c220567b0dc.png

Go to FATAL FRAME Maiden of Black Water\binary\character\*character's codename*\   and replace the same-name ".gmpk" file. But there is an easier way: copy the "binary" folder from the MOD folder, then paste that folder to the game folder FATAL FRAME Maiden of Black Water to replace the original ".gmpk" file.

Just now, duelist111 said:

Go to FATAL FRAME Maiden of Black Water\binary\character\*character's codename*\   and replace the same-name ".gmpk" file. But there is an easier way: copy the "binary" folder from the MOD folder, then paste that folder to the game folder FATAL FRAME Maiden of Black Water to replace the original ".gmpk" file.

Thank you.

Hello again, I managed to finish 2 new full nude mods for "Doll 1 (Shiranui)" and "Doll 2 (Shion)". They have 2 nipples, pussy and ass, as well as trimmed clothing for better views, they also look more saturated to make them look more "alive":

https://www.mediafire.com/file/81586g1y27vwpjs/Fatal_Frame_5_Nude_Dolls_by_Jupisoft.zip/file

The file includes copies ready to use as a replacement for both dolls, as well as playable characters for Miu, Ren and Yuri.

I also attached one of the mismatch bugs I found in "g1mtools_1.2" "g1m_export.exe", even after hex-editing the header from "35" to "29" on the kids files, so for now they can't be modded at all, as well as the sleeves from the dolls, the 3DMigoto add-on for Blender 2.80 x86 crashes with an exception saying the meshes or mdel has 4D values instead of 3D I suppose... So most tools don't work as expected, sorry for that... The included readme has more details.

In any case I hope you enjoy these new mods ?

Preview of Doll 1 (Shiranui).png

2022_04_26_21_31_13_329.png

Readme.txt

Edited by Jupisoft
On 11/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, z22901206 said:

Hello sir , could you add cheat of "free camera" "character animation control" and "character model changing" ?

Just like him. https://fantia.jp/fanclubs/169169/posts

I'm sure that the guy use cheat engine to do this, with high programming level.

Can anyone add the motion control (just like facial expression) ?

Another question.

I have succeed in changing the .g1a in .gapk by hex editor, but i cannot modify it with a bigger size .g1a.

Is it any way that we can solve this size limitation, or maybe we should repack the .gapk ?

And character in event use the .g1a in .motpack, which is design for a specific character.

Not the .gapk, so exchanging the .gapk will not fix it.

But if possible, i wanna the cheat engine can also call these event .g1a.

4 hours ago, z22901206 said:

Another question.

I have succeed in changing the .g1a in .gapk by hex editor, but i cannot modify it with a bigger size .g1a.

Is it any way that we can solve this size limitation, or maybe we should repack the .gapk ?

And character in event use the .g1a in .motpack, which is design for a specific character.

Facial expressions can be edited with the cheat engine.

can also edit the gapk file to change the facial expression template.

↓ An example of a facial expression edited from gapk

Spoiler

786152598_FATAL_FRAME_MOBW2021_12_1519_13_12.png.527bffde3a862a0584458e010273f540.png

8 hours ago, z22901206 said:

Another question.

I'd imagine the gapk has a uint that tells the gapk what size to expect for the g1a. If you find that byte you should be able to bump it to whatever file size you need. You'd also need to find the uint for the expected file size of the entire gapk and increase that by the amount the g1a was increased.

Just a hypothesis, but i'm 99% sure that's how you would be able to do it.

Hello again, I just finished 2 new mods for the game based on Miu Yellow Swimsuit. One version has the T-shirt removed and only the bikini, with it's color changed to pink, and the second one has it's bra removed, it includes nipples below the T-shirt, is always wet, has panties instead of bikini and has it's pussy marked a bit since it's wet. Soon I'll also try to make the full body and skin always wet, but for now at least all the clothes are always wet. Enjoy ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p8qnn143o8f4qjl/Fatal+Frame+5+Miu+Swimsuit+by+Jupisoft.rar/file

Also here are all the meshes, textures and parts of the clothings as PNG to quickly change the original colors of each part of the clothes as desired, it even includes all the needed modding tools with detailed instructions to mod yourself, it's acutally very easy to do once you get the hang of it ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6r1qu5pz056kok5/Fatal+Frame+5+Miu+Swimsuit+Models+by+Jupisoft.rar/file

Sadly I can confirm that the Mesh "1" in .ib and .vb format for Yuri is empy wen removing the T-shirt, so she has no body below it, but Miu does somehow, so if you edit the exported mesh "1", and on Blender start deleting the parts of the T-shirt, you'll see that below it actually has meshes for the bikini also, but of course below the bikini she still doesn't have a body.

Preview 1.png

Preview 2.png

Preview 1.png

Preview 2.png

10 hours ago, Jamashi said:

↓ An example of a facial expression edited from gapk

Reveal hidden contents

786152598_FATAL_FRAME_MOBW2021_12_1519_13_12.png.527bffde3a862a0584458e010273f540.png

Hello, that's an incredible find. How did you edit the .gapk files with cheat engine and more specifically, how can they be edited permanently, and what tools are needed to do that? If you can, please let us know how to achieve this, since this should open a lot of new modding possibilities. Thanks a lot in advance ?

3 hours ago, Jupisoft said:

Hello again, I just finished 2 new mods for the game based on Miu Yellow Swimsuit. One version has the T-shirt removed and only the bikini, with it's color changed to pink, and the second one has it's bra removed, it includes nipples below the T-shirt, is always wet, has panties instead of bikini and has it's pussy marked a bit since it's wet. Soon I'll also try to make the full body and skin always wet, but for now at least all the clothes are always wet. Enjoy ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p8qnn143o8f4qjl/Fatal+Frame+5+Miu+Swimsuit+by+Jupisoft.rar/file

Also here are all the meshes, textures and parts of the clothings as PNG to quickly change the original colors of each part of the clothes as desired, it even includes all the needed modding tools with detailed instructions to mod yourself, it's acutally very easy to do once you get the hang of it ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6r1qu5pz056kok5/Fatal+Frame+5+Miu+Swimsuit+Models+by+Jupisoft.rar/file

Sadly I can confirm that the Mesh "1" in .ib and .vb format for Yuri is empy wen removing the T-shirt, so she has no body below it, but Miu does somehow, so if you edit the exported mesh "1", and on Blender start deleting the parts of the T-shirt, you'll see that below it actually has meshes for the bikini also, but of course below the bikini she still doesn't have a body.

Preview 1.png

Preview 2.png

Preview 1.png

Preview 2.png

Hello, can you work out how to take off Miu's shoes?
I've tried in the past with ported nude mod feet
But the nude's feet are faulty and need to be fixed
thanks

2 hours ago, blaziken257 said:

Hello, can you work out how to take off Miu's shoes?
I've tried in the past with ported nude mod feet
But the nude's feet are faulty and need to be fixed
thanks

I'll give it a try, in a few days I'll post again, so hopefully I'll be able to tell about the results. Sorry for the delay but at my home I don't have access to internet sadly.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:06 PM, Jamashi said:

Without editing .gapk, thought i have succeed in editing it.

I said if we can change body motion animation by cheat engine, similar to facial expression control.

And if possible, can it use other character's .g1a, and even .g1a in event .motpack.

That guy in fantia mentioned little about loop time or motion animation content, etc.

But he didn't share anything more about cheat engine.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:00 PM, sorwah said:

I'd imagine the gapk has a uint that tells the gapk what size to expect for the g1a. If you find that byte you should be able to bump it to whatever file size you need. You'd also need to find the uint for the expected file size of the entire gapk and increase that by the amount the g1a was increased.

Just a hypothesis, but i'm 99% sure that's how you would be able to do it.

Agreed, but i dont know how to do it for i am not a programer.

3 hours ago, z22901206 said:

Without editing .gapk, thought i have succeed in editing it.

I said if we can change body motion animation by cheat engine, similar to facial expression control.

And if possible, can it use other character's .g1a, and even .g1a in event .motpack.

That guy in fantia mentioned little about loop time or motion animation content, etc.

But he didn't share anything more about cheat engine.

Agreed, but i dont know how to do it for i am not a programer.

I haven't searched much for body movements, so I don't know the details.

The gapk file was edited by opening it with a binary editor and writing the value directly.

it can do the same with cheat engine

Edited by Jamashi

Hello again, this might be the most recent important news regarding modding this game: I managed to fix the 4D positions error for the meshes and normals in the Blender add-on importer / exporter of .ib and .vb meshes. Actually by just commenting 4 lines in the file LOL, nobody thoguht of that by the looks of it, it's a python code file, so just load it in Notepad++ or so. I tested it and it can finally remove all the sleeves and parts of the outfit for Ryza, she even has full black panties below the pants. So expect new mods in a near future, not just from me. This info should be made visible to all the modders since this fixes the main problem we had so far, aside form the mismatch in the IB/VB/Layer.

Also I almost finished to make a full remake in 2x resolution of all the games textures for the ghosts, humans, items and records from the "bianry\character" folder using Topaz Gigapixel AI, and the results are astonishing, we need this also for nude mods, but right now I almost finished the vanilla texture conversion for game version 1.0.0.3. You'll find all the ghosts in maximum quality here (some textures are even 8K of width):

[UPDATE]: THE NEW 2X RESOLUTION TEXTURE PACK HAS SEVRAL SERIOUS BUGS I JUST FOUND, THE EYES LOOK WEIRD DEPENDING ON THE LIGHT, SO NOW I'M TRYING TO FIX IT BY KEEPING THE ORIGINAL NORMAL MAPS AND DIFFUSE MAPS, ALSO I JUST DISCOVERED THAT THE GAME CAN'T LOAD ANY TEXTURE OF 8.192 IN EITHER WIDTH OR HEIGHT, IT DOESN'T CRASH, BUT IT DOES LOAD THE GAME IN AN INFINITE LOOP SADLY, AND THE YURI, MIU, ETC TEXTURES ARE ALREADY OF 4.096, MEANING I WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE 2X IN SEVERAL COSTUMES, ALTHOUGH I STILL FILTERED THEM AT 1X USING TOPAZ GIGAPIXEL AI... RIGHT NOW I'M WORKING TO FINISH THE NEW UPDATED PACK WITHOUT ANY ERROR, SO PLEASE WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS WHILE I FINISH POLISHING IT, THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND HAVE A NICE DAY ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uhg00aio3k6sqsu/Fatal_Frame_5_Maiden_of_black_Water_2x_Ghost_Textures_by_Jupisoft.rar/file

Also here is the first part for the humans I had time to finish... I had to leave my PC running for 4 days in a row LOL:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pnvj9m15g86d1sl/Fatal_Frame_5_Maiden_of_black_Water_2x_Human_%28part_1%29_Textures_by_Jupisoft.rar/file

Perhaps I'll upload them to nexus mods also, I'll update with a link too when done. I'll also check to see if i can improve the textures from Moderchan and others. i also attached the readme since it includes the settings I used on Gigapixel in case someone wants to make them like me.

I hope you like it ?

2022_05_04_02_10_34_536.png

blender_3dmigoto_fatal_frame_jupisoft.py Readme.txt

Edited by Jupisoft

OK, this might be a great moment to help anyone interested to make new mods, so I decided to upload my first modding tool, which includes most of the tools needed to make mods for this game, as an automated process when unpacking, repacking or converting formats of the files, at least it can save quite some time qhen modding lots of files at once:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zuv6ghg7jtnz1dv/Fatal+Frame+Maiden+of+Black+Water+Modding+Tool+2022_05_04.rar/file

Soon it will be even more complete, but it can already help a lot to unpack the .gmpk, .g1t and probably the .g1m files (although the automation might fail since that tool expects you to press enter, so I tried a workaround, but haven't tested it yet, sorry), and a lot more features like very high quality thumbnails of all the character models, includeing ghosts, humans, items and records, as well as the more complete list so far of the names of all the existing models and their types, matching the preview images.

I'll release it's full source code once it's a bit more polished and with a few extra features, but for the most files it should work without any errors ?

2022_05_04_04_34_44_643.png

blender_3dmigoto_fatal_frame_jupisoft.py

Sorry for bothering. Can you explain how did you remove the part that have physics in the Ryza costume. It seems that the jacket have many seperated meshes.

I'm very new to the blender but I still want to try it myself.

Edited by bob920717
On 5/4/2022 at 4:37 AM, Jupisoft said:

OK, this might be a great moment to help anyone interested to make new mods, so I decided to upload my first modding tool, which includes most of the tools needed to make mods for this game, as an automated process when unpacking, repacking or converting formats of the files, at least it can save quite some time qhen modding lots of files at once:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zuv6ghg7jtnz1dv/Fatal+Frame+Maiden+of+Black+Water+Modding+Tool+2022_05_04.rar/file

Soon it will be even more complete, but it can already help a lot to unpack the .gmpk, .g1t and probably the .g1m files (although the automation might fail since that tool expects you to press enter, so I tried a workaround, but haven't tested it yet, sorry), and a lot more features like very high quality thumbnails of all the character models, includeing ghosts, humans, items and records, as well as the more complete list so far of the names of all the existing models and their types, matching the preview images.

I'll release it's full source code once it's a bit more polished and with a few extra features, but for the most files it should work without any errors ?

blender_3dmigoto_fatal_frame_jupisoft.py 75.04 kB · 19 downloads

Great, I saw that my Miku mod had 1000 downloads and I wanted to make a new mod to celebrate it. Thank you for making the tool.

[UPDATE]: THE NEW 2X RESOLUTION TEXTURE PACK I RELEASED SEVERAL POSTS AGO HAS SEVERAL SERIOUS BUGS I JUST FOUND, THE EYES LOOK WEIRD DEPENDING ON THE LIGHT, SO NOW I'M TRYING TO FIX IT BY KEEPING THE ORIGINAL NORMAL MAPS AND DIFFUSE MAPS, ALSO I JUST DISCOVERED THAT THE GAME CAN'T LOAD ANY TEXTURE OF 8.192 IN EITHER WIDTH OR HEIGHT, IT DOESN'T CRASH, BUT IT DOES LOAD THE GAME IN AN INFINITE LOOP SADLY, AND THE YURI, MIU, ETC TEXTURES ARE ALREADY OF 4.096, MEANING I WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE 2X IN SEVERAL COSTUMES, ALTHOUGH I STILL FILTERED THEM AT 1X USING TOPAZ GIGAPIXEL AI... RIGHT NOW I'M WORKING TO FINISH THE NEW UPDATED PACK WITHOUT ANY ERRORS, SO PLEASE WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS WHILE I FINISH POLISHING IT, THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND HAVE A NICE DAY ?

On 5/4/2022 at 1:18 PM, bob920717 said:

Sorry for bothering. Can you explain how did you remove the part that have physics in the Ryza costume. It seems that the jacket have many seperated meshes.

I'm very new to the blender but I still want to try it myself.

Hello, I'll try to explain step by step how to make a new mod for Fatal Frame 5 and all the tools needed for it. If you just want to make a simple mod (for a single character), you might use my tool, but also do it manually, since for a single GMPK file it's also very easy to do manually.

Here are most of the modding tools mentioned below:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j4yyky3egaw5kkn/Fatal+Frame+5+Modding+Tools+by+Jupisoft.rar/file

First understand all the game files for modding them properly:

- GMPK: The main game pack file of Fatal frame 5, it contains 1 G1T file with textures and one or several G1M files with the model meshes.

- G1T: The file used to store the DDS textures, which usually are either DXT1 or DXT5, and all seem to have a variabl number of mipmaps (copies of the original texture each time at half resolution less).

- G1M: The file used to store the model meshes, it contains the skeleton, and physics for some parts of the models like the sleeves, etc.

- GAPK: Th file used to store the animations of a character model, is not needed to mod at all for now.

The folders located under your game installation at "binary\character" contain all the models taht you might want to mod, they start with 4 different letters and contain these things in the format "X_XXX_X", as type, name and variation:

- G_: Ghosts.
- H_: Humans.
- I_: Items.
- R_: Records.

Second have all the needed tools ready to start modding:

- Blender 2.80, and I use the x86 or 32 bits, while I keep the x64 for it's latest version to do other things, but the Fatal Frame 5 add-on requires the version 2.80.

- 3DMigoto add-on for Blender (Edit by Jupisoft), since the edit I made myself is capable of fixing the 4D positions error, as well as the 4D normals error, so now it fully supports Fatal frame 5 meshes by default.

- Noesis (it's recommended to use the 32 bits version although for me the 64 bits also worked fine so far), also don't confuse it with Noesis Gui, which is another program that appeared at me while googling it, so be aware of that.

- G1M Plugin for Noesis, available on GitHub, allows Noesis to load all the meshes and textures extracted from any GMPk file.

- FFSNT, a tool found on GitHub that was aimed at Final Fantasy, but also works well for most files of Fatal Frame 5. Is used for unpack GMPK, G1M and G1T files by just dropping them on the tool itself on the Windows explorer.

- Gust Tools, on GitHub, and from those gust_gmpk to unpack and repack GMPK files and gust_g1t to unpack and repack G1T texture files. To unpack with any of these tools, just drop the needed file on them directly, and a folder with the same name will be generated near the file with it's unpacked contents, and to repack just drop the previously generated folder to the tools, but be aware that this will replace the original GMPK or G1T files you dropped initially.

- G1M Tools 1.2 by Rebelde and of those g1m_export to unpack the model meshes from any G1M file and g1m_import to repack G1M the file, just drop the files on the tool, but be aware that this tools DON'T require you to drop the extracted folder, just the same file when unpacking and repacking. Also note that the folder generated when using gust_g1t mentioned above and g1m_export will generate in both cases a folder with the same name, so you might end up with the textures and meshes mixed in a single folder, so I try to avoid that renaming the first folder "X_XXX_X" to "X_XXX_X Textures" for example when I work with meshes or "X_XXX_X Meshes" when I work with textures, but that's just what i do and it's not needed to do exactly like that.

- PJ5-FMSG-Extractor, PJ5-KSCL-Unpacker, PZ5-Font-Extractor are tools from GitHub that are able to unpack the game files that contain plain text, fonts, etc. They are not needed for modding, but I used them to get all the text from the game and the description of most costumes, items and records.

- 3DMigoto is mentioned a lot in all the previous posts in the forum, but I never used it once yet, and it's not needed at all if you just want to make a modded GMPK file that simply overwrites the vanilla character files, which is easier to do.

- HxD, a free hexadecimal or binary editor, is actually needed for being able to export the meshes from all the G1M models meshes files. With it you load any G1M file, the press Control + F to find this string "FM1G5300" and replace the "53" to "92", and what this will do is change the G1M file version from 35 to 29, but read in backwards order in the file. It seems that the g1m_export tool mentioned before supports the G1M files with version 29, but crashes it it's 35, so once edited on HxD, just save the file, it auto generates a handy backup.

- FatalFrameTextureFixer, I never used it yet, but it might be useful to fix the textures, I believe that it has more to do with textures coming from the WiiU, but I'm not certain since I never used it yet, but at least I mention it so you know it exists.

- Paint.NET, the main tool I use for texture editing, since it has support to load and save DDS with DXT1 and DXT5 formats, the ones used by Fatal Frame 5.

- Photoshop, although I only use the tool to correct spots and things that need to be mixed or so.

- Nvidia DDS Plugins and tools for Photoshop, they might be useful when editing textures, you might need to register on Nvidia to download them, but they were posted before on the forum by me if I recall correctly, among the rest of tools.

- "CethleannStandalone" from GitHub, and of those the "Cethleann.Unbundler.exe", jsut drop files like GMPK, G1M, GAPK, etc to export their contents, I believe that these tools can't repack the files though.

- IrfanView, I use it to learn the compression of any DDS texture, just open it with the program and click on info to quickly see the compression of the file. BUG WARNING: I initially used to make my 2x resolution pack tools like XnView, XnConvert or IrfanView and converted all the DDS textures to PNG to increase it's quality with Topaz Gigapixel AI, although then I discovered a bug where it converted each texture with a GREEN TINT or HUE, so all were unusable sadly, although just to learn the compression works fine at least.

- quickbms, tool that can unpack files from most games thanks to scripts, it has scripts to unpack the WiiU files from Fatal Frame 5, they are located in this forum at previous pages. I never used it yet for this game.

Third locate the GMPK file of the character you want to mod (my tool has almost the most complete and up to date list of character names with their corresponding folder name), they are located under "binary\character" where your game is installed at. Then I would suggest you to always make a backup of the original files you want to edit, and then copy the files you want to mod to any empty folder you want.

Now drop the copied GMPK file you want to mod (not the backup you made earlier) into "gust_gmpk.exe", now it should generate a folder near the file at least 1 G1M, G1T and JSON file, the lat is required by the tool to later on repack again the file, so just ignore any JSON file it generates for now.

Now open Noesis with the G1M plugin, and then click on it's menu at "Tools -> Project G1M -> Merge all assets in the same folder", make sure that it's checked. Additionally you can just link the G1M and G1T files with Noesis by locating the executable of 32 bits in the Windows Explorer by clicking on "Open with". If you did that just double click the G1M file you want to load the whole model (some models might look weird all at once, but almost all look good). if you open the G1T, you'll just see all the textures in a loop, so just open any G1M file on Noesis to learn what each mesh number has inside. To do so, just load any character model and click on the bottom button that has a yellow ball (Toggle shading), this should increase the light on the model, then open it's menu and go to "Tools -> Data Viewer", and in the new window exapnd "Model 1", and then "Meshes" at the bottom and from the next options you might see at the end some entries that contain "driver", just ignore those for now, and focus on the above ones that contains something like "0 - model_0_submesh_0", "1 - model_0_submesh_1", etc. By just clicking on any of those, you'll see that the preview on the right updates with some red zones, those are what the current mesh contains, remember that when loading later a mesh on Blender. To fully hide any of these meshes, just exapnd it's node and then double click on "Skip render: 0" so it changes to "Skip render: 1", this should hide the mesh to see how it would look without it. That's what I did for the picture I posted before.

So as an example, to hide most clothing from the Ryza costume, "H_YRI_X", just hide these meshes: 1 (jacket part A), 2 (sleeve part), 3 (sleeve part), 4 (sleeve part), 5 (sleeve part), 9 (jacket part B), 11 (pants), 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 (jacket string), 18 (jacket string), 24 and 25.

Then depending on if you want to edit the meshes or textures you'll need to do one thing or another:

To edit the meshes first load the previously generated G1M file into the HxD tool, then press Control + F to find this string: "FM1G5300" and replace the "53" from that string to "92". It was explained above when talking about the HxD tool. Once done save the G1M file and a backup will be generated, I usually move the backup to another folder or just delete it, since I always keep my own copies of all the files I edit or mod, but probably is a good idea to remove all the "strange" files from the unpacked folders, since when repacking some of the files that were not there might be repacked by a mistake, although perhaps they are ignored, I can't confirm it, but I just don't wanna risk it. Once the G1M file is saved drop it into the "g1m_export.exe" and it should generate a folder with all the meshes in IB and VB format. Then just copy the folder location and start Blender with the 3DMigoto add-on I edited and posted above, and there first delete the cube it generates by default by pressing Delete, then go to File -> Import > .ib and .vb (not the one that says a .txt file), then navigate to the location of the meshes you exported before (you can just click on the above path and press Control + V to paste the path you copied before, since Blender seems to loose the last folder when loading a new file), and there just select the mesh you want to edit, I suggest only one a time, but you can also load multiple meshes at once. To export back, just go to File -> Export > .ib and .vb, and just replace the original mesh file you loaded before. Always keep making backups to be safe when you edit something new. And then to repack the G1M file when you have finished editing all the meshes, just drop the exported and edited with HxD G1M file into "g1m_import.exe" and this will pack all the meshes from the folder back to the G1M file replacing it. Make sure that before repacking the folder near the file has it's same name or the tool will fail.

To edit the textures, just drop the unpacked G1T file into "gust_g1t.exe" and this will generate a folder with the same name with all the DDS textures, beware of the folder with the meshes and textures having the same name, they might conflict if you don't rename one of them while you work with the other one. Then you can just load any of the DDS files into Paint.NET, Photoshop, etc. You'll see that some of the exported DDS files have a fuchsia glow or hue, they usually are the normal maps, used in the games to simulate 3D textures in the models to give them more depth. Also you might see some very dark DDS textures, usually they are the diffuse maps, used to generate reflections in the 3D models, like wetness in Fatal Frame 5 or the brightness of the eyes. They usually have alpha values for transparency mixed with gray scale pixels, and are applied over the base textures of a model. Of course there are also the base textures, which contain the skin of a body or it's clothes among other things like textures for objects. Not all the models have a base, normal and diffuse textures for each part of the model, so be aware of that, also some textures are not sorted properly in the vanilla game files. To repack the textures you edited, judt drop the folder with the textures, that should also contain a JSON file into "gust_g1t.exe", which will replace the previously unpacked G1T textures file.

Once you managed to edit either the meshes, textures or both, just drop the folder that contains the G1T file with one or several G1M files and a JSON file into "gust_gmpk.exe", and finally this will overwrite the original GMPK file you first unpacked at the beginning, then if you already did a backup of the original vanilla GMPK file, just copy the file just generated into it's original place and replace the original vanilla one, now just start the game and select the costume to try it out in case is a costume.

Known bugs: the "g1m_export.exe" will fail on several G1M files even after editing them with HxD to change it's version from 35 to 29 by saying some Mismatch on the IB / VB / Layout, so I don't know a way of fixing this sadly, meaning some models can't be modded for now. I already posted seevral bug reports, but no anwrs yet, sorry.

Also i suggest you to check several tutorials for Blender on YouTube, I watched several and now I know a bit more, although I don't know how to fully delete a mesh and export it empty, so in that I still need help from someone...

If you still have any doubt or need some pictures, please do let me know ?

Modding tutorial by Jupisoft.txt blender_3dmigoto_fatal_frame_jupisoft.py

Edited by Jupisoft
4 hours ago, Kuchiki Toko said:

Great, I saw that my Miku mod had 1000 downloads and I wanted to make a new mod to celebrate it. Thank you for making the tool.

I'm really glad you can try it out, I already added a few new modes to make and edit modpacks, but not all of them are finished yet, so in a few days I should post an updated version. Also if you select to unpack the G1M files it might hang up infinitely, I couldn't test that part yet, because "g1m_export.exe" expects the user to press enter when it finishes, so it will never auto exit. I added an optin to send enter to the invisible window in a loop, but I couldn't test that yet, hopefully will work. For the next update I'll test that and try to fix it if still fails. By the way, thanks a lot for your mods ?

Edit: here is the current version of my tool, just don't use the mode called "Move all the textures that are normal maps or have less than 50% of color" to edit modpacks, since is not fully finished yet:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t2hbsdg0485y3os/Fatal+Frame+Maiden+of+Black+Water+Modding+Tool+2022_05_06.rar/file

I believe that this might be more useful since it has several new modes that are already working as expected and also has more included tools ?

Also sadly I don't have internet at home, so I might take a few days to answer back, sorry about that. My mail is: Jupitermauro@gmail.com in case you also wanna report any bug or so, of course it can also be done here, but hopefully it won't be any.

Edited by Jupisoft
1 hour ago, Jupisoft said:

Hello, I'll try to explain step by step how to make a new mod for Fatal Frame 5 and all the tools needed for it. If you just want to make a simple mod (for a single character), you might use my tool, but also do it manually, since for a single GMPK file it's also very easy to do manually.

Here are most of the modding tools mentioned below:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j4yyky3egaw5kkn/Fatal+Frame+5+Modding+Tools+by+Jupisoft.rar/file

First understand all the game files for modding them properly:

- GMPK: The main game pack file of Fatal frame 5, it contains 1 G1T file with textures and one or several G1M files with the model meshes.

- G1T: The file used to store the DDS textures, which usually are either DXT1 or DXT5, and all seem to have a variabl number of mipmaps (copies of the original texture each time at half resolution less).

- G1M: The file used to store the model meshes, it contains the skeleton, and physics for some parts of the models like the sleeves, etc.

- GAPK: Th file used to store the animations of a character model, is not needed to mod at all for now.

The folders located under your game installation at "binary\character" contain all the models taht you might want to mod, they start with 4 different letters and contain these things in the format "X_XXX_X", as type, name and variation:

- G_: Ghosts.
- H_: Humans.
- I_: Items.
- R_: Records.

Second have all the needed tools ready to start modding:

- Blender 2.80, and I use the x86 or 32 bits, while I keep the x64 for it's latest version to do other things, but the Fatal Frame 5 add-on requires the version 2.80.

- 3DMigoto add-on for Blender (Edit by Jupisoft), since the edit I made myself is capable of fixing the 4D positions error, as well as the 4D normals error, so now it fully supports Fatal frame 5 meshes by default.

- Noesis (it's recommended to use the 32 bits version although for me the 64 bits also worked fine so far), also don't confuse it with Noesis Gui, which is another program that appeared at me while googling it, so be aware of that.

- G1M Plugin for Noesis, available on GitHub, allows Noesis to load all the meshes and textures extracted from any GMPk file.

- FFSNT, a tool found on GitHub that was aimed at Final Fantasy, but also works well for most files of Fatal Frame 5. Is used for unpack GMPK, G1M and G1T files by just dropping them on the tool itself on the Windows explorer.

- Gust Tools, on GitHub, and from those gust_gmpk to unpack and repack GMPK files and gust_g1t to unpack and repack G1T texture files. To unpack with any of these tools, just drop the needed file on them directly, and a folder with the same name will be generated near the file with it's unpacked contents, and to repack just drop the previously generated folder to the tools, but be aware that this will replace the original GMPK or G1T files you dropped initially.

- G1M Tools 1.2 by Rebelde and of those g1m_export to unpack the model meshes from any G1M file and g1m_import to repack G1M the file, just drop the files on the tool, but be aware that this tools DON'T require you to drop the extracted folder, just the same file when unpacking and repacking. Also note that the folder generated when using gust_g1t mentioned above and g1m_export will generate in both cases a folder with the same name, so you might end up with the textures and meshes mixed in a single folder, so I try to avoid that renaming the first folder "X_XXX_X" to "X_XXX_X Textures" for example when I work with meshes or "X_XXX_X Meshes" when I work with textures, but that's just what i do and it's not needed to do exactly like that.

- PJ5-FMSG-Extractor, PJ5-KSCL-Unpacker, PZ5-Font-Extractor are tools from GitHub that are able to unpack the game files that contain plain text, fonts, etc. They are not needed for modding, but I used them to get all the text from the game and the description of most costumes, items and records.

- 3DMigoto is mentioned a lot in all the previous posts in the forum, but I never used it once yet, and it's not needed at all if you just want to make a modded GMPK file that simply overwrites the vanilla character files, which is easier to do.

- HxD, a free hexadecimal or binary editor, is actually needed for being able to export the meshes from all the G1M models meshes files. With it you load any G1M file, the press Control + F to find this string "FM1G5300" and replace the "53" to "92", and what this will do is change the G1M file version from 35 to 29, but read in backwards order in the file. It seems that the g1m_export tool mentioned before supports the G1M files with version 29, but crashes it it's 35, so once edited on HxD, just save the file, it auto generates a handy backup.

- FatalFrameTextureFixer, I never used it yet, but it might be useful to fix the textures, I believe that it has more to do with textures coming from the WiiU, but I'm not certain since I never used it yet, but at least I mention it so you know it exists.

- Paint.NET, the main tool I use for texture editing, since it has support to load and save DDS with DXT1 and DXT5 formats, the ones used by Fatal Frame 5.

- Photoshop, although I only use the tool to correct spots and things that need to be mixed or so.

- Nvidia DDS Plugins and tools for Photoshop, they might be useful when editing textures, you might need to register on Nvidia to download them, but they were posted before on the forum by me if I recall correctly, among the rest of tools.

- "CethleannStandalone" from GitHub, and of those the "Cethleann.Unbundler.exe", jsut drop files like GMPK, G1M, GAPK, etc to export their contents, I believe that these tools can't repack the files though.

- IrfanView, I use it to learn the compression of any DDS texture, just open it with the program and click on info to quickly see the compression of the file. BUG WARNING: I initially used to make my 2x resolution pack tools like XnView, XnConvert or IrfanView and converted all the DDS textures to PNG to increase it's quality with Topaz Gigapixel AI, although then I discovered a bug where it converted each texture with a GREEN TINT or HUE, so all were unusable sadly, although just to learn the compression works fine at least.

- quickbms, tool that can unpack files from most games thanks to scripts, it has scripts to unpack the WiiU files from Fatal Frame 5, they are located in this forum at previous pages. I never used it yet for this game.

Third locate the GMPK file of the character you want to mod (my tool has almost the most complete and up to date list of character names with their corresponding folder name), they are located under "binary\character" where your game is installed at. Then I would suggest you to always make a backup of the original files you want to edit, and then copy the files you want to mod to any empty folder you want.

Now drop the copied GMPK file you want to mod (not the backup you made earlier) into "gust_gmpk.exe", now it should generate a folder near the file at least 1 G1M, G1T and JSON file, the lat is required by the tool to later on repack again the file, so just ignore any JSON file it generates for now.

Now open Noesis with the G1M plugin, and then click on it's menu at "Tools -> Project G1M -> Merge all assets in the same folder", make sure that it's checked. Additionally you can just link the G1M and G1T files with Noesis by locating the executable of 32 bits in the Windows Explorer by clicking on "Open with". If you did that just double click the G1M file you want to load the whole model (some models might look weird all at once, but almost all look good). if you open the G1T, you'll just see all the textures in a loop, so just open any G1M file on Noesis to learn what each mesh number has inside. To do so, just load any character model and click on the bottom button that has a yellow ball (Toggle shading), this should increase the light on the model, then open it's menu and go to "Tools -> Data Viewer", and in the new window exapnd "Model 1", and then "Meshes" at the bottom and from the next options you might see at the end some entries that contain "driver", just ignore those for now, and focus on the above ones that contains something like "0 - model_0_submesh_0", "1 - model_0_submesh_1", etc. By just clicking on any of those, you'll see that the preview on the right updates with some red zones, those are what the current mesh contains, remember that when loading later a mesh on Blender. To fully hide any of these meshes, just exapnd it's node and then double click on "Skip render: 0" so it changes to "Skip render: 1", this should hide the mesh to see how it would look without it. That's what I did for the picture I posted before.

So as an example, to hide most clothing from the Ryza costume, "H_YRI_X", just hide these meshes: 1 (jacket part A), 2 (sleeve part), 3 (sleeve part), 4 (sleeve part), 5 (sleeve part), 9 (jacket part B), 11 (pants), 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 (jacket string), 18 (jacket string), 24 and 25.

Then depending on if you want to edit the meshes or textures you'll need to do one thing or another:

To edit the meshes first load the previously generated G1M file into the HxD tool, then press Control + F to find this string: "FM1G5300" and replace the "53" from that string to "92". It was explained above when talking about the HxD tool. Once done save the G1M file and a backup will be generated, I usually move the backup to another folder or just delete it, since I always keep my own copies of all the files I edit or mod, but probably is a good idea to remove all the "strange" files from the unpacked folders, since when repacking some of the files that were not there might be repacked by a mistake, although perhaps they are ignored, I can't confirm it, but I just don't wanna risk it. Once the G1M file is saved drop it into the "g1m_export.exe" and it should generate a folder with all the meshes in IB and VB format. Then just copy the folder location and start Blender with the 3DMigoto add-on I edited and posted above, and there first delete the cube it generates by default by pressing Delete, then go to File -> Import > .ib and .vb (not the one that says a .txt file), then navigate to the location of the meshes you exported before (you can just click on the above path and press Control + V to paste the path you copied before, since Blender seems to loose the last folder when loading a new file), and there just select the mesh you want to edit, I suggest only one a time, but you can also load multiple meshes at once. To export back, just go to File -> Export > .ib and .vb, and just replace the original mesh file you loaded before. Always keep making backups to be safe when you edit something new. And then to repack the G1M file when you have finished editing all the meshes, just drop the exported and edited with HxD G1M file into "g1m_import.exe" and this will pack all the meshes from the folder back to the G1M file replacing it. Make sure that before repacking the folder near the file has it's same name or the tool will fail.

To edit the textures, just drop the unpacked G1T file into "gust_g1t.exe" and this will generate a folder with the same name with all the DDS textures, beware of the folder with the meshes and textures having the same name, they might conflict if you don't rename one of them while you work with the other one. Then you can just load any of the DDS files into Paint.NET, Photoshop, etc. You'll see that some of the exported DDS files have a fuchsia glow or hue, they usually are the normal maps, used in the games to simulate 3D textures in the models to give them more depth. Also you might see some very dark DDS textures, usually they are the diffuse maps, used to generate reflections in the 3D models, like wetness in Fatal Frame 5 or the brightness of the eyes. They usually have alpha values for transparency mixed with gray scale pixels, and are applied over the base textures of a model. Of course there are also the base textures, which contain the skin of a body or it's clothes among other things like textures for objects. Not all the models have a base, normal and diffuse textures for each part of the model, so be aware of that, also some textures are not sorted properly in the vanilla game files. To repack the textures you edited, judt drop the folder with the textures, that should also contain a JSON file into "gust_g1t.exe", which will replace the previously unpacked G1T textures file.

Once you managed to edit either the meshes, textures or both, just drop the folder that contains the G1T file with one or several G1M files and a JSON file into "gust_gmpk.exe", and finally this will overwrite the original GMPK file you first unpacked at the beginning, then if you already did a backup of the original vanilla GMPK file, just copy the file just generated into it's original place and replace the original vanilla one, now just start the game and select the costume to try it out in case is a costume.

Known bugs: the "g1m_export.exe" will fail on several G1M files even after editing them with HxD to change it's version from 35 to 29 by saying some Mismatch on the IB / VB / Layout, so I don't know a way of fixing this sadly, meaning some models can't be modded for now. I already posted seevral bug reports, but no anwrs yet, sorry.

Also i suggest you to check several tutorials for Blender on YouTube, I watched several and now I know a bit more, although I don't know how to fully delete a mesh and export it empty, so in that I still need help from someone...

If you still have any doubt or need some pictures, please do let me know ?

Modding tutorial by Jupisoft.txt 13.22 kB · 2 downloads blender_3dmigoto_fatal_frame_jupisoft.py 75.04 kB · 1 download

Thank you for typing so much although I just want to know how to delete the meshes (especially the ryza "4d" model) in Blender.

It still can be a good tutorial for those can't understand how that works.

But now, the only problem I have is that when I delete the vertices, I can't export the model and the blender says something like "UVmaps ... (null)", so it doesn't let me export.

If you can spare some time for me, I hope you can tell in more details.

Edited by bob920717
1 hour ago, bob920717 said:

Thank you for typing so much although I just want to know how to delete the meshes (especially the ryza "4d" model) in Blender.

It still can be a good tutorial for those can't understand how that works.

But now, the only problem I have is that when I delete the vertices, I can't export the model and the blender says something like "UVmaps ... (null)", so it doesn't let me export.

If you can spare some time for me, I hope you can tell in more details.

Hello again, sadly I'm having the same issue, and for now I couldn't find a way to fix it. What I think happens is that in Blender either the meshes can't be empty when exporting or perhaps some of the UV have to be properly deleted or unlinked somehow... i tried to remove the sleeves from several models, when I couldn't export them empty, with no luck. i also tried to copy the first mesh, usually for the eyes as the ones I wanted to delete, but the game crashed. I also thought of reducing the scale of the original mesh, to make it almost invisible, and then mode it to the location of another mesh, like making the sleeves very tiny and locate them inside the main body, for example, but I'm not sure if that would work or not, also I'm pretty sure there must be a simpler way to just delete a mesh completely, perhaps looking at some tutorials on youtube or toher sites might help. Today I dpn't have much more time, but I'll take a look very soon, since I also wanna mod the Ryza costume and some others, and I need to solve this. Hopefully someone else that knows more Blender will be able to help us meanwhile, I'm really sorry about that.

I also tested yesterday this ASCII add-on for Blender using the export of G1M files with FFSNT.exe to ASCII, and I managed to to import some models at the end,but can't say if it's better or not, at least for importing. I also attached the files, I think is just the first one, they are on GitHub too.

OK, I found this so far:

Google this. "blender empty mesh".

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/empties.html

Blender 2.49: Empty Mesh | Avalab

Hopefully this will help, soon I'll try it ?

blender_ascii_import_seca.py fmt_Daemon_ascii.py ffsnt.exe

Edited by Jupisoft