OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

Files safely received thank you! I'll take a look.

I always have a duplicate back up copy of the vanilla game handy. Just in case I destroy something!

If your game updated from Steam, it should be no problem because mods are all up to date with the current version of Skyrim SE. I am not sure when the big update happens, but it is coming along soon. So long as you are set to avoid automatically downloading then you should be OK.

Looking at the Project Mod List, I don't have a lot to say other than watch the NPC and script load. The more NPCs in the cities, the slower you go!

By the way, Maids II is a deeply heavy mod. I don't know if you intend to use it, but if you do then consider a play-through with that as a focus and dropping a lot of other mods.

Don't forget Skyrim is a CPU game. Everything, including the graphics, goes through the CPU. The game might render graphics in the graphics card, but the game engine routes the results through the CPU. The game engine is that bad ?   So a modded game needs to be balanced for mix of NPCs, scripts, and textures.

Regarding the other txt file, your list is much the same as mine. Don't forget you can use Wrye Bash to tweak a lot of stuff like Game Time, etc. It can save adding some mods.

In case any of this might help you, in my experience I've discovered:

• Spoiler
    • Too many NPCs (or scripts or both) slow down the game to jerk-o-vision particularly in cities.
    • ENBs will cripple frame rate - find the lightest you like
    • Reshade (on top of ENBs) also weighs on FPS
    • Big game overhauls often don't meet in the middle, you'll be needing lots of patches. Fewer overhauls run better.
    • Stick to 2k in textures. 4k for mountains or close detail.
    • Game shadows and Godrays eat FPS. Keep them on medium.
    • Too many animations weigh down a game, bad animations kill it.
    • CTDs early before the Load Save screen usually come from:
      • Missing masters or bad patches
      • Seriously bad meshes in a mod
      • New added mod doesn't work big time
      • Major script conflict
      • an LE mod not updated for SE
      • A DLL file breaking Skyrim EXE
      • Sometimes (rare, it does happen) the Skyrim EXE is corrupted. Replace from backup.
      • SKSE DLL has become corrupted (rare, but it does happen).
    • CTD when loading the previous save / continue from last save:
      • Save file is corrupted - the game usually tells you. Don't try to rescue, roll back
      • You removed a mod and the lost ends are breaking the save
      • Schlongs of Skyrim's DLL has lost track of the SOS add-ons. Easy to resolve by hiding the DLL to start the save.
      • Bad Meshes
      • A new added mod doesn't work 
    • CTDs in game 
      • Game engine failure due to overload, or to external process on PC taking CPU power
      • Regular CTD in exactly the same place means the next CELL is corrupted. A mod has damaged the game cell
      • Bad meshes - could be anything from a sword to a mountain
      • CTD in game menus - 99% likely to be a bad mesh in a mod, you'll crash on exactly the same item.
      • Bad mod - the sort of thing when you go through a tavern door and get CTD due to a broken NPC or follower
      • Stutter that slows down to 1FPS before CTD - usually HDT-SMP blown out.

Hope the above might assist,

I've been through so many mod attempts, only to start again, that I lost count.  Currently I have CTDs because I've a bad RAM stick  :(

The last time I tore down the game was a few weeks ago when Delphine arrived 9 months pregnant in Farengar's study and two of my followers turned up with babies in slings. I pulled the game as it was just too ridiculous! ? I had a good laugh, though.   

Skyrim is 70% modding, 20% sorting crashes, and 10% playing!

Let me know if I can help - always happy to and, being retired, I have the time to!

I can't stop laughing at the pregnancy ordeal, very funny. Ok... I see I have to do some reorganizing. I tried to do a balanced mix, guess it is heavy with NPC stuff. I'll cut some of those out. Maids II... I didn't realize it took so many game assets to run that, would it be a good idea to cut that one as well? Also I haven't had the chance to fully explore that quest line yet, Maids II, been focusing on game play issues. That mod is intertwined with the FG\Amorous mods... I think. Further experimentation is required, and I HAVE to start keeping logs on this stuff so I can establish some sort of routine(?) to the installation process. Right now I feel like I'm juggling a bunch of balls, I'm not a juggler.

I have no knowledge or exp. using Wrye Bash. I don't know how to use it. Tried reading the docs that came with it, a lot of info to absorb. Same with Blender. I don't even know if they work or not. I should have asked for help a LONG time ago. I'll go through them again. See if I can do better. Obviously I am NOT ready to do a play-thru yet, since I don't even have my tools set up right. Daunting, very daunting, but I like a good challenge. And it helps with PTSD. ENB... I only run one at a time, thru the mngr. . I am using PRTX Shadow and Flame but that isn't set in stone,  other options are avail. in my archive. I'll look into light versions. 

Game shadows: This one I do think I have a problem with. I was getting a strange stripe coming off of all female's wearing armor of any kind, including my PC. It followed my mouse, the shadow, and it disappeared when I removed the armor from my PC, the shadows were still on any NPC's within sight. Something was done wrong. You saw I have a few Helmet mods as well. Helmets weren't showing up on Whiterun guards, this was my try at a fix. It worked but I do not know which mod fixed it. I have to keep better track of this stuff. 2k & 4k, check. I am running my "The Pure" body textures on 8k, I'll dial that down to 4k. The mod won't go lower than that, this mod looks real good with the "WET" & the "HotnWet" mods that I'm running. Godrays I turn off. Should I change that? I don't run any foliage mods, I set the game on Ultra, that's good enough with the ENB that I am using. If you think I should do this different, I will.

Animations: I thought I was keeping that down to a med. level, 15,000(approx.). Is that too many? To tell the truth, I'm not sure about my interpretation of the numbers I see when it runs, FNIS I mean. The numbers that are in (...) confuse me for 1 thing, and the mismatch of total numbers that we already covered. FNIS is also failing to the see versions of some of these mods, I'll put together a list on my next run if you want. Do you have an example of "bad animations" I can use as a reference? If I have any of those in my list, please let me know so I don't install them.

CTD's: The last one that I experienced was the 1st one that I had to deal with in quite a while. Questline issues will be fixed on this next run(I hope). I took that "H&W" toy quest when I shouldn't have... I think. Still not sure what happened, NetScriptFramework will help... I think. We'll know more when I generate a pap & NSF log... I think. (?) I cured corrupted saves a while ago, haven't had one of those in a while.

RAM: Can't you just pull the bad stick and run with what you got. You have A LOT of RAM, 100+ right? Should I get more? My comp. has further upgrades that can be done, 32 Gb right now.

Finally, I got some options with the mods I have as well. Bodies is one I am still exploring. UHB, TBD, and CotR(Zena... Yummy!) are 3 I would like to get working. Can't seem to find the High poly Head mod on Nexus, is that off-sight only? The SKYGIRL mag mods are expendable if I need to. Bijin skin mods I haven't even looked at yet. The "I Love" and Dear Diary user interface mods I really like(naked women... yummy.) but they are not set in stone either. AND... Race menu v Bodyslide, which one first? Should Bodyslide be installed manually or with Vortex?

More to come, I'm sure.

Just re-watched the Gopher video and re-read the description for BodySlide. Answered my own question on manual install. I did see a "bug... ?" with the video, Gopher shows installing CBBE before BodySlide. CBBE is a BodySlide add-on, installed after. It's an old video. Still have the question of Race menu before or after BodySlide-CBBE install, I know MO2, just looking for an opinion.

P.S. I really am enjoying these conversations, I hope I'm not bugging you you much, don't want to piss you off.

17 hours ago, BDNelson said:

I was getting a strange stripe coming off of all female's wearing armor of any kind, including my PC

That is HDT-SMP going wrong.  Breasts, hair, or armour stretching to the horizon or the ground shows something isn't quite right in the set up.  Check your install order on these. I have the CPBC mod first, overlaid by Acro748's HDT mod. I put the HDT-SMP set up just before XPMSSE, and I make sure no HDT-SMP or CBPC clothes / hairs / body configurations overwrite it (apart from Bodyslide output which is designed to overwrite it).

Also, double-check nothing is overwriting the various HDT SkinnedMeshConfigs XML files that go with HDT-SMP, particularly the Configs.XML that goes with the HDTSMP64.dll. 

The stretchy lines is a common problem but is pretty easy to resolve.  I'm sure you also know that LE HDT-PE stuff won't work on SE.

Maids II is known to be a heavy mod. They authors even say so.  I've not used the mod, but I may give it a run in a future play-through. If you want to run it, you may need to strip some other script-heavy mods.

Keeping a log is a really good idea. I document everything I do in a Word document so I can remember what I thought of an ENB, check what questions I asked on the Forums, solutions to bugs I find, mods that are to be avoided, instructions on Bodyslide and Outfit Studio...etc. Everything goes in there. It's a bit of a mess so I made some headings for myself to navigate it.  I'm trying to learn to script at the moment so I can make mods but it doesn't come naturally to me.

Wrye Bash - it's a fearsome looking bit of kit. I used it in Oblivion as my mod manager but it's not easy to get around.  I just dump the contents of Wrye Bash into a folder in the same disk as my game, and get my Mod Organizer 2 to run it.  Once it is pointed at the right game and the mods, it installs an ESPFE called "Bashed Patch". Next when you run Wrye Bash, right click on the Bashed Patch ESPFE in the list and choose Build.  And that's it. It makes the Bashed Patch ESPFE that links up loads of mods and makes sure info from them is available in the game. Simplest is adding modded armours and weapons to NPCs so you can find it on looting bodies. But there's loads of stuff it does I don't understand!  However, it has a page in the Build Patch where you can tweak all sorts of things like Game Time, how many arrows will stick in your body, how many NPCs can be around you, etc etc.  I leave the Bashed Patch to last when building my game.  You don't need to use it, though. Think of it as icing on the cake.

High Poly Head can only be found here:  https://vectorplexus.com/files/file/283-high-poly-head/ .  They don't release it to other sites.

Don't know of any 'bad' animations as such. More a case of animations that turn out to be a waste of time or look downright clunky.  I prefer to use good animation packs that I like to have on board so I'm selective about what I take.  I added a poser pack to my game so my animations are around 19,000 now. I'm a bit worried it will cave in   :(

Have you tried Wet Function Redux? https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9467-wet-function-redux-se/

It's an awesome mod. I rarely have any issues with it. I keep the range of the mod right down so it does not affect too many NPCs.

Racemenu / Bodyslide / CBBE. I don't think it matters. In my game, LOOT puts Caliente's Beautiful Bodies (with its Bodyslide) around the middle of my load order, so I just leave it wherever LOOT puts it. It's never caused any problems. I put my Bodyslide output folder at the end of my load order. You'll get the hang of all that in due course. Bodyslide still confuses me. When it comes to using it let me know how you get on and I'll walk you through what I do. I'm a 3BA body user.

As for my RAM, yes I've got to track which stick it is. I've got 8 in all (128GB RAM).  But my PC is below the desk and I have a bad knee, so it's a job I am putting off. The graphics card is clipped over one end of the sticks so it's going to be a right b*gger to sort out.  I'll get to it.   I over-specced on the RAM as I was splurging my retirement cash on the PC. I gather 32-64GB is pretty normal so I wouldn't worry about 32GB.  You can always increase your swap file size (as it used to be called).

By the way, about .NetScriptFramework. That replaces a vanilla game DLL file (can't recall which one). Keep a copy of the .NetScriptFramework DLL file backed up (in the game folders will do) with a note of how you set it all up. I always forget which file it is and get confused, so the note is really handy. The thing is, if you ever Verify your game files through Steam, the .NetScriptFramework DLL will get replaced by the original game one. And it's easy to forget that. So you have the backed up copy handy to drop back into the folders.

I've not tried Mator Smash. I got too many other things going on in the game. So I don't know anything about it other than hearing about it. I suppose Wrye Bash does some of that work and I know it also has other things I can adjust, so I'll stick with it.

The IluvLoading screens won't weigh down the game. Enjoy! I wish I could.  But I got family milling around and my 26-year old daughter is very sharp at keeping tabs on her 'dirty old man' father. She's already ticked me off when she caught me trying to alter the breasts on my naked female character. She walks past and says 'playing with big-boobed girls again, Dad?' So embarrassing. ?

That's Great stuff about your daughter. I am alone so I don't have those kind of worries. Gaming... right, HDT-SMP, I reviewed my mods and I discovered that I was running too many HDT mods... I think. I found a new one that is supposed to replace ALL other HDT-SMP mods. "Faster HDT-SMP with AVX" is the name of this mod. Capes, cloaks, hair and breast's as well as other stuff that uses HDT-SMP resources(?). It is already installed in my run, I'll let you know how it works.

I don't think I'm running any LE mods. I'll double check that. I think you are talking about Lazy Heels, Lazy Edit... etc.... right? I don't use those. Not compatible with SE when I tried to run them, I cut them out and found other ways to fix the missing high heel sounds. I REALLY have to create a log for my install order just so I or anyone else can look at it for evaluation. I am more prone to write it out on paper so I can use it and work on my mods without pulling up extra windows and added navigation( switching from one view to another, that throws me off my focus on what I'm trying to do). Damn PTSD! About BodySlide, I don't think I am setting it right. I saw on one of the many video's I have watched that I have to build at least 1 set of armor in the Outfit Studio to properly fit it to my slider settings. I don't think I did that, I did a batch build of ALL of the armor and toys but I think I did that wrong too. That might be part of my problem with the shadow thing... I think. Maybe.

"learning script"? Do you mean like a script for a play or movie. Creating a story line? I have a pretty good imagination, you can use me as a sounding board if you like.

The only reason I'm asking about Wrye Bash is one of the mods uses it, WCCAF... I think. It(Wyre Bash) puts a patch in the load order and it shows up in SSEEdit when I run that, LOOT too. I wanted to find out if there is anything I need to do with it, like re-run it after all mods that may use it are installed... ie... create a new patch. I did try to create my own merge patch in SSEEdit, but when I ran the game it crashed, hard. Had to a complete re-install of the game even after I removed it, re-ran SSEEdit and LOOT. No luck on that one. Re-read the docs I have for Wrye Bash and Blender. They are based on Oblivion, no Skyrim references or examples, FO4 either. They need updating, I'll look into that. Didn't solve anything for me.

Ok... I am REAL nervous about signing up\on to new sites. Hackers(bastards) have made me this way. Is this site a "pay for service" site?, I am going to guess you have and\or are signed into this site, have you had any issues with it? I have it favorited in my browser so I can go to it when we are done talking.

Poses, I am sooo glad you hit that topic. I can't remember, do use BBLS. I think the music and dancing mod needs some sort of pose mod. When I go to the MCM and try to set the mod settings there is an area that covers poses, it's all greyed out. Can't make any selections except for the use of markers to make them dance in a certain spot. That works ok, but no pose selections. I did this once just to make sure it worked. Which pose mod did you use, I'll give it a try. The only pose mods I have are idle and sitting poses... I think.

Have I tried Wet Function Redux? I won't ever run my Skyrim without it again, OMG!!! Nice, nice mod. When I saw what it did with Frostfall, Toys and SLaVE and the fact that my female PC is bi-sexual. The screenshots that I took would absolutely get you in trouble with your daughter. I mean... damn that was fun. I have been gaming for a long time, never considered playing a female PC until I saw these mods, can't imagine it any other way now. PERV. I included my NPC's in it's settings, worked GREAT, very nice! Had as many as 5 ladies going at the same time(daisy chain?), WOW! AHHH... College Days mod, nice one as well.

That's a roger that on the game DLL file, already done.

Saving the best for last, I luv Loading. Yes, I can see how the Main menu pic would get you in trouble. I have a 48 inch monitor and she is almost life size, very nice. And the loading screens... WOW! I say that a lot, but I'm just blown away by some of this stuff. Alrighty then, I'm going to take a stab at modding up Skyrim. I WILL be in touch.

Thanks, words aren't enough.

18 hours ago, BDNelson said:

Faster HDT-SMP with AVX

Yes, I'm running that. So far I've had no problems with it.  

Lazy Heels SE is fine. I use that and it works OK.  I also use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32052 because the Sounds is sometimes a master that's required. This blank mod is great for fixing that.

The Vector Plus High Poly Head site is free to register and use.  I've had no problems with it but then I only downloaded the High Poly Head. The rest of the site isn't my thing. I'd attach the mod here, but then this is a public forum and they won't like that.

As for scripts - no, I'm trying to learn how to write Papyrus scripts in mods!  It's not easy.

Now, Wrye Bash. (I also tried to make an SSE Merge Patch and it ended in disaster for me, too! Never again).  Wrye Bash is easier. I mod up my game and once satisfied I let Wrye Bash run over the set and do its thing. Then I switch on the Bashed Patch in the load order and off I go. Once I've run Bashed Patch, I let LOOT put the patch where it thinks best. It's usually towards the end of the load order. I don't over-think Wrye Bash as I've no idea what half of it is doing.  ?     It is very useful for flashing up errors in the game set up.

The Wrye Bash SE page is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6837 .  I only use it for making the Bashed Patch. I don't use it for anything else apart from the Patch Tweaks page. I use the Standalone version. I used to have all the PFFY (whatever its called) stuff but that melted my brains so I changed to the Standalone.

Here's a couple of screenies of it running for me:

Bash 1.jpg

Bash 2.jpg

As for poses, generally it's not my thing but there are a few I like to tinker with. I use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17743 which is easier than it looks to set up. It makes like a lot easier. But I don't always get it working and I prefer to spend more time in game.

Hope this lot helps!

Edited by Bluegunk

I am using Race Menu Heels fix with the heels.esm you mentioned. On my last run everything worked, even the footprints in the snow. The only possible problem I saw was that my PC is towering over everyone else. There is a fix for this by using NIF Scope(I think) to adjust how far off the ground the PC stands while wearing the heels. Flat souled footwear doesn't show anything, that's normal. I really like to hear the sound the heels make when walking on stone\hard surfaced floors.

Clearly, what I think of as "scripting" and what scripting is in regards to these mods is 2 different things. If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Wrye Bash: Ok, very useful info. Question: When I run the mod that has the Wyre Bash patch in it, does it patch it with existing mods or only the mod it is installing? Just looking for an opinion. You have already done a lot more with Wrye Bash than I have. I haven't run it one time in all the years I have installed it in my games. In FO3 and FNV the xEdit merge patch works really well, so I haven't seen a need to use it. Some of the mods in those games use it, others require it, so I have made it an integrated part of my tool installs. The PYFYi(whatever it is) and the Python26 I thought are required to run Blender, I wonder if that is still the case? I'll have to check that. Do you run Blender?

Just looked at the poser mod you suggested. I'm not using UIExtensions,(I have it-can install it), because I don't care for the wheel menu thing. I removes my ability to use the zoom in 3rd person view with the mouse wheel. I use that A LOT, probably most of the time. What do you think?, is there a choice in the MCM between the standard menu and the wheel menu? I just finished the user interface stuff(iLuv, dear diary, map, markers...etc.), but I haven't started a save game so things can be changed. Downloaded 4 mods for it's install. Is that how many it took for your install? I can get a list if you want.

Modding update: 100+, so far. Think I'll stop here so we can go over some stuff, you up for it? I've got some logs ready too.

I find if a companion has heels on she is very tall. I think it is just the way the game engine works; it does strange things with player and NPC heights.  The Lazy Heels mod is a quick way to make heels adjustments.  I would not tinker with the NIFs.  If you use Racemenu, I really like using the mod "Vanity Mirror".  It's an Inventory item that when you click to use, it opens an amended Racemenu for you which does not require you to go through the "Name your Character" part which, as we know, causes a new set of saves to be made. It makes altering your character quick and easy.

Now, the Wrye Bash tool. When first installed and pointed at your game and the active list of your ESPs, it will automatically add an empty mod called "Bashed Patch".  When you right-click on the Bashed Patch entry within Wrye Bash (as per my pictures previously) the Tool will scan all your active mods and assemble the patch for you. It won't use all the mods, because some will have no data suitable for a patch.  Then Wrye Bash asks you if you wish to activate the patch. Do so, and it is done. LOOT will position the patch in your load order.

If you remove / change / move mods around, re-do the Bashed Patch so all the records are once again consistent in the Bashed Patch.  Once done, it'll do its thing and you don't need to worry about it.

One thing to note: the Mod "Enhanced Blood Textures" should not be included in the Bashed Patch because the Patch rearranges the blood effects into big squares. You'll need to scan the Patch's build screens to find it and make sure it is clicked off.

I use UI Extensions because it is required for a number of mods. So far as I am aware the only wheel menu I get is for "Player Equipment Manager on Wheels" which is a choice I wanted for my game and which uses UI Extensions.  I don't believe UI Extensions forces anything to a wheel menu. That's a choice a modder makes, and then sets a requirement for UI Extensions. I can get a wheel menu for Nether's Follower Framework, but I don't bother with it.

I use a controller for my game due to arthritis - it's a lot easier for me.

As for the poser mod, yes I've something like 4 pose mods built into it. GSPoses is my favourite.  

OK, I'm up for going over things with you!

Don't forget the Papyrus Log is 90% junk. You can't really get information on CTDs or other problems. But you might notice if a mod script stacks. And when I mean stacks, I mean there maybe 100s+ of entries for that script in the stack. It's very normal for some scripts to stack simply because they are waiting for implementation in the next millisecond of the game. Running the log will also slow your game as the engine is routing information to the text log. Only have it on for troubleshooting.

I find the .NetScriptFramework Crash Log and the Resaver tool from Fallrim Tools to be the best ways of checking for problems.  The first produces a readable and useful log of the item that is causing a CTD, and the latter can spot all sorts of issues but takes some time to get used to.

Happy to help!

Cool... 1st I have just got to tell you about some of the weird crap going on in Vortex. Not looking for any answers or solutions from you on this, I just HAVE to tell someone about this stuff. Right now you are all I got(0 friends... anywhere,,, kinda sad). When I started this run, I log onto Vortex and it is logged on to the net(as usual). In the upper right hand corner it shows my user name and login status, all is good to go(normal). But... when Vortex logged onto Nexus it(Nexus) was not logged on\in. I had to re-login and had to go thru the agreement process, again. While this is a common by it's self, I don't turn my computer off, restarts... yes, but my comp. is ALWAYS on-line and running hence my Vortex and Nexus are always logged-in. Strange.

Vortex all of a sudden doesn't "see\recognize" mods that were downloaded with Vortex from Nexus. I had to manually reset the mod id. # before it would see it as a Nexus download(5 diff. mods). Also Vortex now "see's" SexLab mods, downloaded from the LL site as being Nexus downloads with a Nexus id. #. When I use that to go to the Nexus site page an orange bar appears on the screen with an error msg. No descrip., files, nothing just that orange bar. And... I don't know if you are aware of this or not, in the Vortex\Dashboard\Plugins menu there are error flags attached to almost all SL\LL mods that says "Designed for a different game". This happens in ALL of my Bethesda games in Vortex, FO3, FNV, Skyrim and FO4. I have tried to report this as a bug, but I don't think anyone listened. The flags are still there.

These kinds of things haven't happened before, like I said, weird. On my Win 7 comp. all is normal but I use NMM on that one not Vortex.

Load\Install order, logs next. Can I just Drag n Drop like last time, 4 .txt files no larger than 20k. Pap0, skee, skse and skse_loader logs. Don't have a SexLab log... yet. 

I do have a question,,, does the NetScriptFramework crash log only get generated when my comp. crashes or can I find it somewhere I haven't looked\found yet? 

I'm sorry, I really know nothing about Vortex. I did try it some years ago but I could not get my head around it.  I have used Mod Organizer for years and it rarely lets me down. 

Nexus went down earlier today, so you might have hit that outage, which maybe explains the issues you got. My MO2 would not connect to the servers for a while. Nexus servers break down more often than you might think! 

I also think Nexus forces a cookie clearance every few weeks. Every so often I find I'm logged out of Nexus and have to log back in. They had a hack a few years back and I think that's one of the ways they are protecting the system? Not sure. 

.NetScripFramework will only generate a crash log for Skyrim SE when Skyrim SE crashes.  In my Mod Organizer 2 (MO2), it automatically outputs the crash log to an MO2 folder called "Overwrite" which is where anything generated by the game that needs attention is dumped.  I expect the Nexus page for the mod will tell you how it operates under Vortex. The mod page mentions there is a way to tell if it is working, because I understand it generates a kind of general "I'm here and working" log somewhere.

You can drop your logs here or send them by message - no problem either way for me, just whatever suits you best. This is a public forum so if you want to message that's fine.

I have a fairly fast Internet connection. Do let me know if there is anything you need to to look at in particular.

By the way, Windows may put some Skyrim stuff in the %AppData% Windows Explorer folders (the Local if I remember). You may find DMP files there for analysis should any be generated. It might be another place to look if you get weird CTDs.

Thanks for the logs! They all look pretty normal to me.

SKSE64 Log.  Might I please check you have PapyrusUtil SE mod installed towards the end of your install order? It should install after everything.  I was reminded because Sexlab has a copy of the script and that should be overwritten by the PapyrusUtil SE version which is regularly updated.  Otherwise all looks good.

The SKEE64 Log is full of its usual 'could not bind' junk. It's always like that, so no problems there.

Your Papyrus Log is so short it looks like it switched off or the game stopped. It's not recording anything.  

The Papyrus Log always reports a whole pile of missing stuff. Don't worry about it. As the game engine starts up it looks for stuff that may or may not be in the game. If it's not there, it gets reported as missing. I suspect a load of it is code the developers were tinkering with.

So don't go looking for the stuff, it won't be around. Just ignore it.

Here's a lightly older Papyrus Log I have hanging around from a game. You can see what a mess it is!

Papyrus.0.log

Consider the Papyrus Log as being the game "thinking about things" and logging every millisecond, that's the sort of stuff that fills the log. So long as the log shows the usual crap then it's not worth worrying about and you can switch off logging,

In my log you can see "DES_CoinReplaceable" is repeated hundreds of times. Now that level of 'spam' does suggest the COIN mod from Nexus has an issue that needs checking. So I'd  check if there are any conflicts in my load order, or mention it to the author to see if this is its normal behaviour. 

And look at SNDLCQuest. It is repeated a lot, but that is actually normal behaviour for that mod.

Looks like things are going in the right direction for a stable play-through?

Edited by Bluegunk

I went into the main menu, got back out. At this point I just wanted to make sure the game cranked up. Didn't actually start a game, I do that after I install the "Another life" so I can start in the prison cell. When I get to that point(new game) I will be sending a pap log update, it'll show more. That is where I go thru the MCM. I have learned not to activate everything in the MCM. I just set up the animations, activate the wench mods, ambient sounds and a few armor and wpn. books. Any more usually makes the intro do that wagon flipping thing, I wait till my PC gets into Helgen prison to set the rest.

1st half cig of the day, trying to quit. Install order: I know I said I was going to record my install order but I am finding that I am following some basic rules that is making it easy to remember. 1st rule, mod selection, K.I.S.S. . Keep it simple stupid, mods that are not overly complicated. Long winded install instructions, too many esp's and compatibility being the primary factors. Next rule is follow the missing master or missing resources and of course requirements for each mod. When I start modding I start with bugfixes, base game patches(USSEP) and this is usually where I get FNIS and all of it's needed patches installed. You notice that I have already installed D.D., SexLab and Flower Girls(+ others). When I installed  the XPMSE skeleton mod it required SexLab and Flower Girls be installed 1st so the mod patch could patch the mod up on install. That is what I mean when I am "following missing resources" and "missing masters". Mods that have patches for other mods embedded in them and run on install. I hope I explained that right. I don't know if you know this or not but Devious Devices, in Vortex, is a patch for the Vortex\FNIS\Configure FNIS tab in the dashboard\mods menu. That is why I installed it so early in the order. I loaded body stuff next. That is where I'm at now.

What skin texture mod are you running? I have "The Pure" 4k installed. Matching pubic hair and subtle tan lines are the primary reasons for this one(very nice). The "WetReduex" mod works real nice here. I have downloaded some options as far as bodies is concerned. Diamond, Demoniac and Bijin. I also have UNP and TBD options as well. Right now I like the CBBE\3BA\"the Pure" combo I'm running but these mods look REAL nice(yummy). I have a bunch of BodySlide presets, I noticed that they don't have any esp's or esm's in them, just files. Can I install these without fearing some sort of crash, or should I only install the presets I use. The reason I ask is I have the LL NPC Body Scale Randomizer mod and I was wondering if it used the presets as templates(?) for NPC creation in the game. Wild shot in the dark. Probably not.

Next I'm thinking, The modders tutorial and resources category or continue loading add-ons for DD, SL and FG because I have already started with their core mods. What do you think?

I'm currently using Fair Skin, but I wander around according to how I feel about it. Fair Skin (and the Pure) have the necessary 'bits' for the ladies...ahem.

Now, regarding bodies, I use 3BA and a variant preset on one of the 3BA Bodies Amazing. I only have the one body in the game. I don't mix or match with other bodies. It is difficult to do it. When we build the body for the player in Bodyslide, that is the only one you get for the game.

If you add other presets, nothing will happen. You can only build one body for the game in Bodyslide. So you make your choice of preset, adjust it to your liking, build the body and then build all the armours to fit it.

I know there are mods that will give the player a unique body and all other NPCs a different one. There are mods that allow different bodies for various NPCs.

I just find that way too complicated. I have enough going on with all the mods I have running without complicating it further. Also, the game engine has to calculate all these different bodies for NPCs, dress them and animate them. That's just loading the game engine even more. So I stick with one.

You said: Any more usually makes the intro do that wagon flipping thing

If you are using Alternate Start, you avoid the vanilla cart ride unless you choose it as your starting option within the prison. So I am not sure how you are going through that.

I refuse to start the game with that broken cart ride to the executioner's block.  I like to start in a nice cosy house so I can quietly build my mods up!

When I make a new game I start with basic body / hair / face mods, SkyUI and Alternate Start (etc) mods in place. I keep the mods to the minimum - just enough to open the new game and build the character.  In the Alternate Start Prison I then choose a house (or whatever alternate start), go there and finish setting up my mods.  There's no way I'd go back to that broken cart ride vanilla start and all the introductory training.

Yes, I use Charmers of the Reach (Cotr).  You have to be a bit careful with this mod because it can end up causing Black Face bug in all sorts of unexpected places.  It technically does not work with Pure Skin.  I also discovered - when using a face preset in Racemenu - that COTR might cause problems in building the character. I had to switch it off while I did that. 

My advice would be only use it if you really need it, or if a Mod / preset requires it.  If you do use COTR, then make sure any other NPC overhaul you choose is compatible with it, or be prepared to fiddle with load order and/or do some patching to get the faces right.

If you use it, it only needs dropping into the load order. The COTR mod supplies Racemenu with a few bits and pieces to get the preset to work, that's all. Simply follow the instructions carefully on your Xena/whoever Racemenu preset when setting up your player preset.