OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

Oh - I see. You are using Alternate start to run the Vanilla cart start. 

As a test, you could try using another place - like one of the Hearthfire Homes.  I always start in Lakeview Manor (which is fantastic with the Avant Garden set, that you downloaded).

Or you could start in a city, an Inn, or somewhere else.

The cart ride is really bugged. Test your build by trying another location. I bet it will work out of the box!

Yes, the vanilla cart start, that's the one. So, you don't think the hanging up thing is a problem?

Merge Plugins link: Couldn't find it on the SkyrimSE Nexus mods, found it on the Skyrim Nexus mods. This the merge plugins I have been using for years for merging plugins with FO3, FNV, and it used to be listed in the SkyrimSE Nexus mods pages, but they (Nexus) moved it to Skyrim Non-SE. I just haven't uninstalled it, I thought it was still a useful tool. 

If you are using Arthmoor's Alternate Start, I honestly would not bother choosing the vanilla cart ride from the Mara Statue choices. That cart ride has more bugs than a wasp's nest.

Choose one of the other alternatives.

Since you are testing the game, choose something that looks fun. If you get a major freeze or crash using one of them, then we can investigate the issue.

One of the really useful things about choosing one of the Hearthfire Homes  (choice: I own a property in one of the holds) is it is a stable, quiet indoor location. No hostiles, interior cell, no other NPCs, etc.

If the game works in that environment and is robust (try going outdoors at some stage) then you can test it further and kick the game around a bit.

Just having a look at Merge Plugins on Skyrim LE site.

That is the one I use, but I have never, ever used it for cleaning. I only used it for merging ESPs. 

Do you run it using an SSEEdit script? Or direct from Vortex?  I always ran it direct from MO2.

I don't bother with it these days because of the arrival of ESPFEs.  LOOT usually tells me if a plugin needs cleaning, and I use SSEEdit to clean once I have checked on that plugin's page that cleaning it is OK.

LOOT's also good for the 'red' errors where LOOT tells you your coffee percolator will explode if you don't do what LOOT tells you. I take all LOOT's warnings as advice, and act on it if necessary.

Edited by Bluegunk

Yeah, I know all that and I'll try the start somewhere else. It's the "Away" and "Toy Story" mods that both start in Riverwood, I start a long way away from those with the new starts. I try to get the sword from "Away" ASAP. It levels up with my PC. I'm not whining, I just have to figure out another way of getting these mods started. Changes things all up, don't like change much.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

I don't know if it (MP) does merges, haven't tried it, scares the HELL out of me! I run MP thru the Vortex\dashboard\tools tab\button. There's no warning about SE vs LE or anything like that. It (MP) see's it as SkyrimSE in it's start menu. I just never saw a problem with running it, so I keep doing it. I don't know if there is some other program that is merging plugins, Vortex, SSEEdit or LOOT or a combination of some sort? Are plugins in my install even being merged? I haven't a clue!

As far as using merge plugins to do the extra cleaning, I guess I'll stop doing that! I just realized that MP remembers the plugins it has cleaned, so uninstalling it won't "dirty up" the plugins again. To restore them I have to reinstall them. There was something else, gimme a min.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

You could choose something like the Pale Manor start - that's miles from Riverwood.  Using the Lakeview Manor start, I still don't go near Riverwood. The Helgen incident starts as I approach Helgen gate - and I enter the town as it is after the dragon has been.

But how would you run the Cart Ride start if you need to stay away from Riverwood?  That pretty much dumps you in Riverwood in the first ten minutes of the game? Puzzled  :)

No, I can't remember what it is. My brain is in overload right now. Stay away from Riverwood, where did I say that! If I did, that is NOT what I meant to say at all. I have to START those quests in Riverwood for the 2 mods I mentioned, "Away" and "Toy Story". I see it, I edited it. I need to be in Riverwood for those quest starts.

I miss talking on phones.

Edited by BDNelson
added content
7 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

I don't know if it (MP) does merges, haven't tried it, scares the HELL out of me! I run MP thru the Vortex\dashboard\tools tab\button. There's no warning about SE vs LE or anything like that. It (MP) see's it as SkyrimSE in it's start menu. I just never saw a problem with running it, so I keep doing it. I don't know if there is some other program that is merging plugins, Vortex, SSEEdit or LOOT or a combination of some sort? Are plugins in my install even being merged? I haven't a clue!

Merging plugins is a scary process and yes, that is the purpose of MP!  ?    But, MP's an old bit of software and had its day. I simply don't use it and would only use it to merge up some ESPs to loosen some space up for more ESPs.  Now that we have the ESPFE format that's hardly worth while doing any more.

I got to go and have a haircut, so I'll be gone to @4.00pm UK time.

7 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Ok, that's cool. So, my brain is telling me I have to start over again because I used MP to clean the USSEP mod, which is the 1st mod installed in my order. Do I have that right?

Run the game without worrying about that. If it definitely will not go, then we can consider MP as being one step to avoid.

Oh - you did. Uhm, try a 'sterile' location like Lakeview Manor.  If it hangs up there then we know it is not going to work.

Edited by Bluegunk

Can I check? When building the game, you were testing it, and it seemed OK? Mods worked, you were able to move around the map and go places?

If that's the case, what you did after that point seems to have caused problems. It may be MP, or it may be something else?

because I used MP to clean the USSEP mod

So far as I know USSEP would never need cleaning. The only mods I ever cleaned were the main Bethesda game files, as instructed by nearly everyone advising on modding.  They are known to be a mess.  

Anyway, you would not need to start over, just reinstall USSEP in its place and it's back to where it was before. Are there any indications of other big mods that were put through this cleaning, like a log of ones that were altered?  It would save you a lot of time if you simply reinstalled those mods in place?

Edited by Bluegunk