OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

A bug caused a bug. Wow. I still use the intro as an evaluation tool for starting game performance. But with the bee? I won't even know it's there to screw things up. Can't see it from the cart, can you? Not running SL Submit, anything cool about it I should know?

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Well, I posted what I did a few posts ago, but I'll go thru it. I thought I was doing an update to my Skyrim Sound mod, I installed 1.9.5, I had already installed 2.0.4. I screwed up right there! I have since, uninstalled it, reinstalled 2.0.4. I have 2 sound tracks playing in the main screen at the same time. I am really having a difficult time typing this morning. When I try a play thru I get hung up when my PC gets out of the cart. It just stops. I don't mean the game freezes or locks up, no, everybody just stops what they are doing and they just stand there. Changing position, you know switching idles, like they are supposed to do. And that's it, everybody stands there looking at each other, me waiting for SOMETHING to happen, on and on and on, waiting...   

?

Sorry, got to go out and back in to make sure you can read it. SO, I have checked all logs, nuthin, I have tried using merge plugins, there is an error log in there, to isolate the problem mods, nuthin, I have reinstalled those mods listed in the MP log, nuthin. Still hangs up in the exact same spot. Everything looks great in the prison cell, I let it go thru the loading of all the mods, I activate my enslaved wenches and FG mods via the books. I don't do any MCM stuff at all. What else... redid bodyslide, ... shit, I don't know what else. My head is spinning again.

Well, from my experience it's hardly possible to get through that opening sequence with mods in. It's broken enough as it is in vanilla (remember the bee?). The whole sequence is massively scripted, with dialogue, effects, animations galore.  If any part of the game is likely to blow up, that's the part.  I remember one time I had the cart going absolutely mental, all because I'd accidentally left the ENB in.

From your description, I get the feeling the game script sequence froze, or was interrupted, when you got out of the cart. That's the point the vanilla Racemenu selection kicks in with the "Who are you?" line. Did you get that line? 

Perhaps a conflicting mod script ran and stalled the sequence.

If I were in your shoes I'd see if the Alternate Start version will work, which avoids that wretched cart and execution scene.

If that works, then at least you can go from there.  

Yes, I know the bee. Me, I have never seen the cart shoot straight up into the air, not once. The wagons flail around violently, the horses try to go thru trees and buildings. I'm sorry this KB is FKING with me!!! I'm not getting that anymore, it just hangs up at the cart, 9 TIMES in a row. I have to take a break I'm gett5ing real pissed at this KB.

11 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Yes, I know the bee. Me, I have never seen the cart shoot straight up into the air, not once. The wagons flail around violently, the horses try to go thru trees and buildings. I'm sorry this KB is FKING with me!!! I'm not getting that anymore, it just hangs up at the cart, 9 TIMES in a row. I have to take a break I'm gett5ing real pissed at this KB.

Let me cheer you up with some pics:

wyc9.jpg

enb2019_7_21_22_25_21.jpg

enb 2016_08_11 22_50_12_67.jpg

enb 2015_03_05 22_22_14_49.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-08-17 21-48-41.jpg

When is a chair not a chair.jpg

Edited by Bluegunk

Ok, merge plugins. I start it wait for screen, check the boxes of all of the main game esm's, they are unchecked when the screen comes up. All of the other esm's and esp's boxes are already checked. I press "OK". wait for MP to spool up, it goes to the main screen of MP, you have been there before. MP finishes it's thing ( wait for the count to finish). Ya with me so far?

Ok, stop. When was the last time you looked at MP. It used to have very useful icons to aid in the merging process. Not in Win 10 install of it. Now there are only letters indicating dirty, error filled, ini files inside, resources, you get the idea, right? So, the count is done, there is an icon of a magnifying glass in the upper left hand of the page, I press it. MP starts the cleaning procedure, I wait. Ya still with me?

Sorry, can't smoke in my apt. . Govnmt. housing won't allow it. Where were we. Cleaning, right. When I entered the page and the auto-count finished, MP throws up a pop-up screen when it detects errors. This is the log I use to get me an idea of what MIGHT be wrong. Errors are listed in red text. Cleaning finishes. Now in the list, there are letters that replace those icons. "E" is the one I focus on and select fix errors in the right click pop up menu. It fixes the errors, if it can't, I go back into the right click pop up and select ignore errors. I do this for all esp's and esm's that have the "E" letter and now is a "R" because I can't fix the error. All done now, I exit MP. MP goes thru one last thing it does on exit (dumping something, it goes by fast) and I'm out. That is the cleaning procedure I do with MP. I DON'T MERGE ANYTHING AT ALL, all I do is clean the esp's and esm's when they need it. AND use the log for error detection. Did I say all of that right?

Sorry - was cleaning the kitchen.

I get it - using Merge Plugins to clean mods of bad edits, etc.  Don't forget some mods require these edits; don't know which ones but the author will say "do not clean" on their mod

page.  Do you have a link to the utility, please? It sounds like it has changed a lot. It's not the one I used to use by the same title.

But from what you say, it's not likely to be the source of the problem.

Can you make a working start using Alternate Start?

Edited by Bluegunk

Alternate Start. I thought that is what I am using, The Mara statue, right? [Vanilla start] is the one I choose to get started. That is the right one, isn't it?

I haven't seen the "do not clean" note on any of my mods that I can remember. I might be wrong on that, jeez, that's a lot of mods to recheck.

Edited by BDNelson
added content