OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

Got a couple of mods I'd like an opinion on, if and when you've got time. Remodeled Armor CBBE SSE and Ebony Battle Armor N Weapons CBBE SE. I want to stack the Ebony on top of the Remodeled. Let me know what you think. Experimenting a little. I REALLY want to see that Ebony set on Lydia!

About this "theNICEGUY" person. He\she contacted me on the LL message board last night after you went to bed. Said he\she needed some help with modding 18+ mods in Skyrim. I'd like to find out what version he\she is running before I commit to giving help (pirated version?). I think he\she said something about a non-Steam version, that's not possible, is it? I'm not sure, need to find out, I think. Also mentioned something about PMing. (?) I don't know how to do that.

2 hours ago, BDNelson said:

Remodeled Armor CBBE SSE and Ebony Battle Armor N Weapons CBBE SE.

I don't have opinions on either. Give it a roll and see what comes out. I've used (and like) Remodeled Armor and it has been good as gold. It's up to you if you go for Standalone or Replacer.  Remember Remodeled Armor is not 3BA, it's CBBE.  If you use the 3BA Body you might get some weird effects, or might not. Just give it a try.

As for Mr The Nice Guy, so far as I am aware there is no "non-Steam" version of Skyrim LE or SE. It has always been a Steam game. If he is saying he is running a "non-Steam" one it might be a cracked version but I'm not in a position to know that.  Personally, I am against piracy. It takes peoples' jobs away.

Pmail is simple messaging direct. Like, if I click on your user name here, I'd see a Mail User option. That's all that is.

I've narrowed my game problem down to SSE Engine Fixes. But I can't find any issues with the mod because if I roll back to earlier versions they still cause me problems!

I've left a comment on the mod page and hope Aers can help me out.

At least I've almost solved the problem. I nearly scrapped this and rolled back!

Edited by Bluegunk

Ah - not quite solved the problem. The infinite load before the menu was caused by what looked like an incorrect INI file line for Engine Fixes. So I cured that.

Now I have infinite load after the menu comes up. Sigh.

I think this is a tear-down. I get the feeling there is something deeply wrong in the SKSE set-up but I just cannot for the life of me find it.

Edited by Bluegunk

Sorry, I had to get some sleep. I just updated all of my mods right before they released the AE update. You wanna tell me what versions you have? I might have newer versions. Eng. fixes and skse64 were 2 that I made sure to update. My skse is v2.00.20 and my Eng. fixes is v5.6. I might have others as well. I had to go all the way back to a mod ready state only before my game would work again. Does MO2 leave files behind in the game folders, Vortex left "control" files that say, as their name, "___folder_managed_by_Vortex". When I rolled all the way back to mod-ready the game still wouldn't start up. Vortex has a "purge mods" tab. When used it removes this little file so Vortex no longer manages the folder. This gave Vortex the ability to start a fresh control file when the mod is re-installed... I think(?). Well, the game started and I'm good to go. Does MO2 have anything like that? Leaving something behind in the game itself.

As for the Armor, CBBE only, no 3BA, got it. I'm going to give it a try, I like the look of this armor set. I just have to install it so I can get what I want out of both mods with no problems. Install order is real important here, I think. This is my idea. aMidianBorn then Armor variants expansion then BD armors and cloths then Remodeled Armor then the Ebony last. Don't know if it's going to work but I'm going to try it out. That Ebony set looks really good. Also, I made more slots in race menu so I can add freckles and a little blush to her cheeks. Get ready for another pic showing you that. I will be back. I'm goin in! Wish me luck.

Edited by BDNelson

With MO2 when I 'deactivate' a mod it removes all that content from the game. Similar sort of thing to Purge, I guess.  To reinstate it I simply activate it again.  MO2 is thorough, it won't leave stuff behind.

Meanwhile I have no idea what happened to my game. Something has corrupted my entire save table. Every one of 157 saves is a burning heap of dung. I can't even roll back to near the start. I have a horrible feeling two things happened: I accidentally downloaded and used the latest USSEP, which is for AE only. AND I may have accidentally used Papyrus Utility AE, too. So together they must have scrambled the game/save table system deep in the game engine. To quote a famous doctor: 

AS1phmg.gif

Lesson to take away: be careful to avoid picking up an AE version of a mod!!   ?

OK, so no worries, I started afresh (using the same load out, just a new profile) and so far this is building up without issues (famous last words). I'll take the chance to drop mods that were not so good, and put back some favourites.

I'm going to take a break and watch some rubbish TV. I'll call in from time to time. Hope yours goes well!

Edited by Bluegunk

"He's dead, Jim" THAT'S hilarious! I'm glad you can find some humor in this, keeps the ulcers away(lol). I have newly updated versions of USSEP and PapUtil, before the AE update. If you want 'em I'll send 'em, just say the word! You know that I have Norton 360, right? There is NO danger of any viruses or any other harmful stuff in my files, folders and mods. TOTALY clean. So, sending stuff isn't going to be any problem.

I'm OK on the files, thank you for the thought!

To be honest, starting afresh is no bad thing. Sometimes, when I choose a load-out, I end up regretting some choices. This time around I had some mediocre followers on full ESPs that I could not convert to ESPFE. So I'll wave good bye to them. 

Edited by Bluegunk

Alright. I have finished all armor, weapons, so forth. Everything went very smooth, bodyslide is set up, I think(?). Game loads just fine, looks very, very good. I got a treat for ya! I would like your thoughts on which skin texture I should use. First, there is the "Fair Skin" mod... this.

ScreenShot11.png

Sorry! Skin choice is up to you. Both Fair and Pure are good. Don't forget you can change the skin texture any time you want in game. It makes no difference to saves.

So, what I suggest is see how you feel about your chosen texture in different lights in game.  Swap them over if you wish.

Some skins don't have all the (ahem) parts to the body. Pure and Fair do, if I remember.

I use Fair Skin. There's a good number out there. You can experiment with no penalty to your game!

I didn't know that about swapping mid-game. Good to know. I think I'm going to stick with "The Pure". I'd like to have the goosebumps but the added wet skin is just... wow! Ok, thanks for the input, I thought you would have a more enthusiastic response, but ok. Moving on. Let me know if you want to see my load order.

I think LotD 5.53 is for Skyrim AE. I had it loaded and when I started the game it flashed a message that not starting in a certain Inn would "Break the Quest line". The message said to revert back to version 5.52. That's what I did. I hope it didn't break my game anyway.

She looks good, huh? Freckles and all. Post your progress when you can, I still want to help if I can. Good luck!

11 hours ago, BDNelson said:

I thought you would have a more enthusiastic response

Hah - sorry! That's me raking through the ashes of my lost game. Don't worry about it!  Your character looks fabulous and I'm seriously impressed.  Have you tried Wet Function Redux?  (I think you have). It's a fantastic mod and - so far - has never caused me any problems.  Once you try that you'll be tempted to start with non-glossy skin!

Yes - with skins being a texture (sometimes with meshes) there is no risk of swapping from one to another mid game play.  No esp or scripts involved, so changing a skin is invisible to a game save.  

With the arrival of Sexlab 163 beta 9, the author says he has fixed that lip synch vs expressions problem.  So I'm ticking both boxes in my new play-through.  But yes, setting up all the MCM menus is a slog. I do wish authors would allow save settings more often.  The mod MCM Helper is supposed to be doing that with its various scripts, but I haven't really built it up enough to give an opinion on it.

Modding HZD well, there is a Nexus page for it but the game doesn't lend itself to modding. I increased my inventory carry load but that's about it.  I'm also beginning to find the game has the same problem I had with The Witcher 3 - a constant grind of 'monster bashing'.  Save a game, leave, go back in and everything has respawned. So you have to go through the same bashing process you just finished. Boring.  There's a good bit of the climbing mechanics of Tomb Raider in it, and the world looks pretty good. The ruined cities remind me of Fallout 4.

I loved Witcher 3 but the endless monsters popping up out of the ground eventually defied world logic, made the game world tedious, and wore me out. But I think I'll go back and try it again some time.

That's the strength of Skyrim. Yes there are bandits and dragons but I can explore, go to the pub, have a roll in the hay and just wander around. And modded up it looks awesome.

Yes, I have WetFunctionRedux and MCM helper installed. I won't ever do an install without WetFunction in it again. That's how much I like it. I am impressed with how well she turned out myself, 1st time for the mole and the freckles. Never done that before. I am going to switch on lip synch and expressions. I'll let you know if it works. 3 or 4 mods have profile saves but not near enough of the others do it. That would be nice.

I have a Witcher3. Still trying to figure out the game mechanics on that one. Haven't been able to play cause of my obsession with Skyrim. Don't know whether I'm going to buy it or not, more game time is needed. I agree with the monster spawnings. Endless, neverending monsters spawning out of walls, floors... etc. does get old. Diablo 2 & 3 are like that. I have D3 and don't play it very much because I have to keep killing the same monsters over and over.

I played Skyrim 10 years ago, thought it was just another sword and sorcery game. I had a few of those already that I was playing. CBBE made all the difference for me, one look and I was hooked. I bought FO4 for that reason too. Had a nice version of Blaze in there too.

Edited by BDNelson
added content