looking to add kids to oblivion

As much as I like your work Poontank, I have to be honest in saying that the characters are too similar to each other in most aspects. It would be nice to not have all of them as Lop-Ears Elf types or with the same style of eyes. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and while I appreciate your efforts, is there a possibility of changing a few or more characters to other styles of race so there's a bit more variety in it?

Maybe you could give me some tips so I could edit them myself to my liking? Is it possible to try this as a noob in the editor? Just saying that this situation has got me wanting to try to create my own mod for this kind of thing. Maybe I can create something from scratch even...

Anyway, don't stop - I might not agree with many of the changes you have made, but everyone is different, and we need variety, as I said! :D

'Facial variaty' is a big problem in pretty much every mod that adds npcs to the game world. Facial work is bit of a pain in the ass - though you may have enjoyed it whenever create a new player character- and exporting a pc's facegen morph into npc is a sheer nightmare if you have to do it thousand times. From this point of view, city life excels many other mods because those faces are PT's lifetime work.. sort of. in oblivion modding life.

If you want to import your pc face into an npc, you can use wrye bash. Now I've seen a good tut in the cs wiki long before but I cannot find it now... dammit. :[

---

Hell man, I give up. You can import a save file into wrye bash and specify the plugin where the npc is, but can't explain well as I don't have bash installed right now. Looks like I've deleted it while I'm inactive in this forum...

Though I naturally disagree on the faces being too similar as I have created them while taking care to avoid repeating myself too often, everybody certainly can edit the characters to see if and how they will turn out differently. In all actuality, I think the characters originally started out derived from one or maybe two basic faces. See the comparison shots from post #11 again. They did look very similar to each other before.

I once wrote a tutorial on NPC and companion creation. The face importing process is described in detail. I will PM you this tutorial, Kazoo.

But trying to change some characters to different races is an interesting idea indeed. At first, changing the Mitzhas to Lop-Ear Elves was due to personal taste as this version of the mod never was intended to be released and only for my own game.

Guest Spikes

They look quite varried to me ,specially in the photo 6 posts above to be honest. Now if you mean different races ,yah sure go ahead,still they're very good piece of a mod. 

Thankies, Spikes! Maybe the mod might indeed profit from more race variety. There are only four Argonoids and mini Tabaxis included after all.

And I haven't even started mentioning the five nice Miqote trollops babes I have put into the esp! Sure, they aren't from a mini race, but the mod also adds a lot of normal-sized characters as well because it isn't merely limited to being a x117 mod. These Miqote girls are scattered over five major cities.

Agent, bard, mage, thief and warrior classes.

Here are some older shots back from when I created the characters. They are sporting all-new gear now but I haven't taken any current pictures yet.

ClaraAgent.jpg

LaraBard.jpg

SarahMage.jpg

FarahThief.jpg

ZarahWarrior.jpg

Aww, damn! At the moment I'm having an image hosting problem. Again. It's because the site I was previously using has died just recently.

Most interestingly, the pictures - hosted on a new site - show up correctly in my browser. That's why I didn't even notice a problem with the post.

Now I have once more resorted to my good old 'Photobucket' account and inserted working hotlinks to the pictures into the post.

Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.

Yay! It's 'Chasey The Lazy'. Yokomi Mitzha race. Noble class bumbling fool and never-do-good. Skooma head and professional alcohol addict. Always getting in the way in every fight, littering the place with empty bottles wherever he treads. Foul-mouthed and useless. Sexist, airheaded, in search of cheap fun.

But essential so he can still serve as a meat shield.

In other words a very interesting character. Hey - race variety! I should include him in the mod as well...

Maybe even using AzOutback's original AI packages for him that make him do Skooma all the time.

DeadSomething ? In which country do you live?

In China, most people are Chinese. In Italy the most People are Italians. And in Cyrodiil the Homeland of the Imperials most People are Imperials. And in Skyrim most .....

I hope no one change this. ( That would be very unrealistic. )

It might sound weird, but I'm honest:

The ears are about the body part of such characters I would love touching the most. Going like "awww..." And they would go like "teehee!".

The ears must point downwards! That's the important 'lop' part. The race was my main reason to install MBP and then change my player character from Breton to Lop-Ear Mini. My favourite thing is the ears' twitching. And the angle of the ears also changes depending on the mood of the characters.

Those ears go up when happy and point even more downwards if the characters are sad. So cute!

It's true, with Cyrodiil being the domain and homeland of Imperials (and the center of their empire) it's only natural that the majority of characters are of that race. Offers great potential for 'Asterix'-styled faux Roman names. If I was Imperial, my name would be 'Ricus Puntengus'.

DeadSomething ? In which country do you live?

In China, most people are Chinese. In Italy the most People are Italians. And in Cyrodiil the Homeland of the Imperials most People are Imperials. And in Skyrim most .....

I hope no one change this. ( That would be very unrealistic. )

well, sure, but thats only halfway what i mean:

those provinces are directly at the border of cyrodiil and the cities next to the border of a province should have more citizens of the race of that province than what they have now.

i'm not saying there shouldnt be any imperials in those cities, but maybe the other races should be increased to maximum doubled amount...

also almost every highest guild-leader is imperial, 99.99% of the guards are imperial. it's like they wouldnt trust anyone from another race to be loyal and take their duty serious.

and well, maybe i'm just not into lop-ear-elves... :cool:

I think the cities are okay. In Bruma more Nord, in Leyawiin some khajiit and Argonian, in Cheydinhal the Count is Dunmer and a dunmer bar owner, ....

The Cities are to small, if you have 50 citizens and 4 are Khajiit then 8% are Khajiit. And if there are 4 of each other race you have 72% Foreign in town.

Ok the guards are shit. The Imperials are the  occupying power in all countries, they do not trust strangers, therefore no strangers in the Legion. But why no other races in the city guards.

I use DiverseGuards Mod (only Human) so I have some Bretons, Nords and Redguards in the Legion and City guards. (  summerset = hostility. Morrowind not really occupied it is more a truce. Animal breeds are despised in all human and elf countries. That's Tamril Background. I like that the game has a full history.)

I agree with you, I don't like lop-ear-elves. ( Perhaps they are only elves who were bad at School, and the teachers have drawn them their ears.)

• 5 months later...

@blastwave2k

Does it use MBP(Modular Beautiful People) http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37368/?  or the x117 race mod?  x117Race Plus Plus also download TES4Edit by ElminsterAU

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11536/? Download TES4Edit unzip it run it when it hits a error in your load order it will stop read what it says in the bottom right hand area to see what the error is fix it close TES4Edit and repeat till it is able to load up completely without hitting a error then try starting the game again and see if it fixes it you might have something in the wrong place in your load order.