SkyUI - Resort (a MCM patch)

A configurable MCM for SkyUI

Updated form 0.5.0 to 0.9.0

It's a patch, you need : SkyUI SE and require Papyrus Utils

it will add 10 alphabetical menus to organize your mods (you can possibly load 1143 mods in MCM)

You can rename Menus and Mods and you can orders them as you want.

compatible with MCM Helper

The default menus become organic and will (kind of) reorganize upon the number of mods starting with the same letters

** IMPORTANT INFO : INSTALL PAPYRUS TWEAKS NG ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779 ) to higly boost papyrus !!! (almost mandatory)

Higly recommended : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22825 (larger MCM window and FPS uncampler)

EXCLUSIVE function : Manually(Force) a Mod to load in MCM :

=> Go to [ConfigMenu] >>> Configure

=> choose "Search for and/nor add to MCM :" enter the Mod you want to load

You can lookup for Mod by

Name (3 letters minimum)

- FormID(as HEX : 0xFFFFFF)

- Extended FormID when you know the plugin position(as HEX : 0xFFFFFFFF)

if the letters you look for are already in multiple mods name in the MCM menu, you will have a link for each of these mods to the MCM menu.

=> so you can also use this method to search for a mod in MCM

=> SKYUI Resort is tested and developed on Skyrim SE 1.5.97 (not tested on Skyrim AE = need report)

ADDED SUPPORT for MCM RECORDER : patch available

- the patch will make MCM works properly (probably even corrected some bugs linked to bad sources used in original MCM RECORDER)

- added a patch to remove Message Boxes on config mod autorun, they log in notification log instead.

SKYUI SEEDED is avalaible as download file (with RECORDER patch from DoubleCheeseburger).

Skyui seeded is the first version of SkyUI resort, it's lighter and may satisfy people that just need a basic MCM still with 1143 slot for mods.

=> SkyUI SEEDED works on Skyrim AE.

INSTALLATION NOTICE :

1) install PapyrusUtil SE - Scripting Utility Functions

2) install SKYUI SE

3) install SKUI - resort (or SKYUI SEEDED)

with MCM RECORDER :

4) install MCM RECORDER

5) install MCM RECORDER patch

My Ring : CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / 32Go / Nvidia Geforce 3070Ti

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/06/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKyUI SE, SKSE, PapyrusUtils, Papyrus Tweaks NG
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I wanted to report a small bug... the count of total MCMs on the configuration page does not seem to update when adding/removing mods with MCMs. Reregistering all menus makes them show up/disappear correctly from what I can tell though. Thank you for your work on this patch though.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:33 PM, AhrkEkMulaag said:

Hey I wanted to report a small bug... the count of total MCMs on the configuration page does not seem to update when adding/removing mods with MCMs. Reregistering all menus makes them show up/disappear correctly from what I can tell though. Thank you for your work on this patch though.

ok, i'll check that and push an update.

Did you try to rename menus and mods (save and restore configs) ? i still not get any feedback on these and i know it need test.

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, Whacked said:

This is for SE? I tried installing it, and I get no MCM menus, and the MCM menu says MCM Version 4 not Version 4 SE. I'm using the latest SkyUI available, 5.2.

Would love ANY mod that can Reorder the MCM menu and actually work!

Yes it's for SE, you probably installed it wrong. it's a patch, you need to install it over SkyUI (MO prefered to manage this without altering your files). Did you respected the requirements ? (PapyrusExtender needed) and also did you test it on a new game ?

Didnt test on a new game, I did install it over skyui, and yes I have all the requirements. 

So does it need to initialize with the menus at the start of a new game? As I mentioned, the mcm was completely empty when I started the game, and the splash screen said version 4, it usually says version 4 se.

17 hours ago, Whacked said:

Didnt test on a new game, I did install it over skyui, and yes I have all the requirements. 

So does it need to initialize with the menus at the start of a new game? As I mentioned, the mcm was completely empty when I started the game, and the splash screen said version 4, it usually says version 4 se.

You must have a new game for it to works, as it change bases SKYUI scripts in depth.

Nothing needed to be intiliazed to see MCM menus, but at the very begining of a new game, you must wait the message "MCM is ready" (it takes usually around 20 sec to appear but it depends on the number of MCM menus you have and your machine)

In configuration tab, options are available to reorganize Menus, by default these options are in "off" position.

It's not very intuitive but you'll find informations in infos banner when you hover options.

• 3 weeks later...

Been testing mod for a bit, solved all my MCM problems, the only issue I found is that saving the configuration takes forever: 20 minutes for 112 mods, any idea what might cause this?

At first I thought the save function was just broken, but waited just a minute or so, then quit the menu and MCM was unusable afterwards. Then I added some traces and noticed it was actually crunching data.

Anyways I've attached the log that shows timers and the resulting json.

mymods.json

Papyrus.0.log.7z

On 4/27/2021 at 7:46 PM, arshesney said:

Been testing mod for a bit, solved all my MCM problems, the only issue I found is that saving the configuration takes forever: 20 minutes for 112 mods, any idea what might cause this?

At first I thought the save function was just broken, but waited just a minute or so, then quit the menu and MCM was unusable afterwards. Then I added some traces and noticed it was actually crunching data.

Anyways I've attached the log that shows timers and the resulting json.

mymods.json 15.53 kB · 0 downloads

Papyrus.0.log.7z 35.04 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for your feedback, there is a log function in mcm configuration can you enable it and provide me the papyrus.log, i see some trace of wieird things but i need more versatile logs. 

Thanks.

Sure thing, done on a fresh character. I've just made a minor optimization: around line 1777 in SKI_MainMenu.psc you're calling cMods_FindP a few times with the same value and it is a fairly expensive function since it scans the array structure recursively, so I've assigned it to a variable, modPage

----
			JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".ModPage", val, true)
			int modPage = cMods_FindP(i)
			val[0] = modPage
			JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".CurModPage", val, true)
			debug.trace("SkyUI: second if block")
			if modPage != ModPages[i]
				val[0] = modPage
			else
				val[0] = newModPages[i]
			endIf
			JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".CurLignPage", val, true)
			----

The code at the end of this function (line ~1792) that should look for the plugin name doesn't work for light ESPs, SKSE provides a GetLightModName function, but I didn't understand the operations you do with the FormID when you get the index.

Anyways here's the files.

Papyrus.0.log.7z blah.json

Replace lines 1757 to 1791 by this :

int i=0
        int modPage
        string ModName
        int modIndex
        while i<numMods
            modPage = cMods_FindP(i)
            val[0] = oldNames[i]
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".OldModsNames", val, true)
            val[0] = newNames[i]
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".CurModsNames", val, true)
            if newNames[i] != oldNames[i]
                val[0] = newNames[i]
            else
                val[0] = newModNames[i]
            endIf
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".NewModsNames", val, true)
            val[0] = UnlocModNames[i]
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".UnlocModNames", val, true)
            val[0] = ModPages[i]
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".ModPage", val, true)
            val[0] = modPage
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".CurModPage", val, true)
            if modPage != ModPages[i]
                val[0] = modPage
            else
                val[0] = newModPages[i]
            endIf
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".CurLignPage", val, true)
            val[0] = cMods_FindL(i)
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".NewModsPages", val, true)
            val[0] = Unclassified[i]
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".Unclass", val, true)
            val[0] = Modified[i]
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".Modifid", val, true)
            modIndex = Math.RightShift(Math.LogicalAnd(mods[i].GetFormID(), 0xFF000000), 24)
            Modname = Game.GetModName(modIndex)
            if Modname == "" :
                Modname = Game.GetLightModName(modIndex)
            endIf
            val[0] = Modname + ":" + Math.LogicalAnd(mods[i].GetFormID(), 0xFFFFFF)
            JSONUtil.SetPathStringArray(file, ".ModsIDs", val, true)
            i+=1
        endWhile

tell me if it works for light mods, if ok i'll update the package.

Got around and check the modified export, same problems I had when trying it: the plugin returned by GetLightModName is always the same one for every esl and not related to the calculated FormID, probably just the one that happen to be in position 254.

Since GetLightModName is undocumented on CK wiki might be very well still WIP.

testesl.json

On 5/5/2021 at 11:45 AM, arshesney said:

Got around and check the modified export, same problems I had when trying it: the plugin returned by GetLightModName is always the same one for every esl and not related to the calculated FormID, probably just the one that happen to be in position 254.

Since GetLightModName is undocumented on CK wiki might be very well still WIP.

testesl.json 16.51 kB · 0 downloads

No, it doesnt look so bad, FF is the base address order for light mods, i just need to change my mask i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I am using your version of skyui because i have a lot of mods that use mcm menu. :)
i have a problem when i try to do the setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 command or reset with your mcm config.
When i do that there are missing mods which are not loading or which disappear, i'm at 122 mcm menu when i go to the configuration tab so i'm far from 1143 mods.
I tried with an esl and original esp version of your mod but it doesn't change anything.
How can i solve this problem?
I have activated the log in your configuration tab but i do not know where to find this log afterwards.
Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to let you know, I was disappointed when I read this patch required a new game as I couldn't use my mod list with my main game anymore because the MCM disappeared.

However, I am happy to report I found a solution: I simply downloaded the Fallrim Resaver and used it to delete all the "SKI_" scripts on my save and when I loaded in the MCM rebooted with your patch working perfectly.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to use this patch with an old save.

Edited by Jack Straw
  • 1 month later...

Appears to work fine on new game, did not take very long with 138 MCMs and 1100 mods. Only thing I would suggest is breaking up STU. S  and T tend to be very popular starting letters, so might as well move U over to UVW and XYZ.  

Very minor, and I realize I can do this myself with the config.

Will edit this post if I come across any problems. 

Important note, I installed this over the previous MCM fix that was made for oldrim and that I converted to SE. This is NOT a fresh SkyUI. If I have any issues, I will try and fresh SkyUI first.

Edited by TexasRaiderz
  • 1 month later...

Thank you soo much for this mod! I had really had the problem with hitting the limit of MCM menus a long time ago and each time I thought about installing a new nice mod I had to juggle installing the mod, vanishing MCM menus, or deactivating other mods...

Thanks, Jack Shaw for your advice!! I was able to get the mod to activate correctly even on an existing save!

On 6/2/2021 at 1:25 AM, Jack Straw said:

However, I am happy to report I found a solution: I simply downloaded the Fallrim Resaver and used it to delete all the "SKI_" scripts on my save and when I loaded in the MCM rebooted with your patch working perfectly.

Still, after testing it I'd not suggest deleting all scripts (as in that case I had to reconfigure all my MCM menus from scratch and even ran into some problems (like one menu refusing to show its options, a new bar appearing in the top left display...)).

I found that deleting just the scripts SKI_Main and SKI_MainMenu is all that's needed!

This way, SkyUI / the menu will reset and reload, but all mod settings remain untouched.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:30 AM, Barzing said:

Replace lines 1757 to 1791 by this :

tell me if it works for light mods, if ok i'll update the package.

Hi Barzing,

I'm having the problem that your SkyUI doesn't show / recognize esl'ified mods. Before I thought it won't matter much and just used your mod as is...

Now though, that I ran into the problem of needing to change the MCM config of one esl'ified mod, I thought to change the source code according to your instructions and run it through CK to create the pex-file.

BUT, CK fails to compile the code and gives out the following error: "Data\Source\Scripts\SKI_MainMenu.psc(1793,29): no viable alternative at character ':'
No output generated for SKI_MainMenu, compilation failed."

Would you be able to paste your current / the changed pex-file here?

(I'd guess I'm doing sth. wrong, trying to compile the psc to pex, as arshesney managed to do so, but for the pete's sake I don't know what I'm doing wrong. So I hope posting the already compiled file is the quickest way.)

Edited by Tassadar33
specification of the error

In a new game, everything is there, even mcm from a .esl file.

But in an ongoing game there were no entries (I tried removing the SKI_m* scripts). Then I started the game without SkyUI_SE.esp , saved, and enabled it for the next run again. NO CLEANING REQUIRED. Now it works perfectly. YEAH.

Please add this in the documentation.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:21 PM, aragonit said:

In a new game, everything is there, even mcm from a .esl file.

But in an ongoing game there were no entries (I tried removing the SKI_m* scripts). Then I started the game without SkyUI_SE.esp , saved, and enabled it for the next run again. NO CLEANING REQUIRED. Now it works perfectly. YEAH.

Interesting! Thanks for the info on a new game!

Still, I don't want to start a new game and lose my progress. So that's not really an option for me.

You say you started the game without SkyUI_SE.esp. Is that an option? If so, what happened to all the MCM settings after re-enabling the esp, aren't they reset to default state?

I know and use YeOlde too and it does have a backup function ideal for just such a case, BUT

1. YeOlde can't / couldn't back up all my MCM menus and during restoration something goes bonkers and in some menus I get just weird settings

2. currently, (after changing to this SkyUI?) nothing show up in my YeOlde MC menu. None of my MCM menu mods show up.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:46 PM, Tassadar33 said:

Interesting! Thanks for the info on a new game!

Still, I don't want to start a new game and lose my progress. So that's not really an option for me.

You say you started the game without SkyUI_SE.esp. Is that an option? If so, what happened to all the MCM settings after re-enabling the esp, aren't they reset to default state?

I know and use YeOlde too and it does have a backup function ideal for just such a case, BUT

1. YeOlde can't / couldn't back up all my MCM menus and during restoration something goes bonkers and in some menus I get just weird settings

2. currently, (after changing to this SkyUI?) nothing show up in my YeOlde MC menu. None of my MCM menu mods show up.

I just disabled SkyUI_SE.esp in MO2, started the game, got rid of a LOT of error messages about missing SkyUI, saved. Then enabled SkyUI_SE.esp again, and loaded the newest save. That apparently forced SkyUI to reload properly and accept that it is split into multiple tabs.

Nothing was deleted, because the menu is stored in the save file, so everything was there as I left it.

Edited by aragonit

Hmm, I finally had some time to play around / trying to solve this trouble.

Regrettably, I can't remove my SkyUI - if I do, my game will CTD on loading the save game (probably because SkyUI is too high in the load order or certain mods require it to be loaded - even if they don't state to require the esp...)

When starting a new game with this SkyUI enabled from the beginning, all the MCM menus do appear as you say, but once the MCM menus update (because of the MCM kicker mod, code or...) the menus disappear again.