Commonwealth Captives Outfit Injector

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

No need to convert anything.  CCOI assumes that you have the default version of any given clothing mod. 

During installation, CCOI will add its own plugins if you want support for certain clothing mods (mostly VTAW wardrobes).  Those additional plugins are ESL-flagged-ESP so as not to occupy a normal load slot; you don't need to do anything further with them.

Thx for the reply!! Thought so, but wanted to be sure. I'm converting a loot of stuff to ESL and was clear to me, that i shouldn't touch anything that is needed by another mod.
Keep up the good work ?

2 hours ago, LordRamirez said:

will there be male outfits at any time?

I'm open to the idea.  It's even mentioned briefly in the "Permissions" section of the main post.  Speaking as a modder, my problem is thus: I don't know any male outfits.  I typically play females, and the male NPCs in my game just get vanilla clothes. 

Is there a good set of male clothes that work for the theme of this mod?  Or even a big pack of somewhat suggestive outfits, like the Classy Chassis series?

27 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

I'm open to the idea.  It's even mentioned briefly in the "Permissions" section of the main post.  Speaking as a modder, my problem is thus: I don't know any male outfits.  I typically play females, and the male NPCs in my game just get vanilla clothes. 

Is there a good set of male clothes that work for the theme of this mod?  Or even a big pack of somewhat suggestive outfits, like the Classy Chassis series?

Well off the top of my head how about  the frist one you can see in my avie pic
https://vectorplexis.com/files/file/332-skimpy-attires-atomic-muscle-refit/ 
https://vectorplexis.com/files/file/701-true-wasteland-muscle-outfits-for-atomic-muscle/

Edited by LordRamirez
8 hours ago, BHAitken said:

I love your mod, but I can't use it on twitch.  Can you add an option that adds the vanilla tattered rags to the prisoner?

I know it's off tone, but sometimes the simplest things can mean the most.

?

I could theoretically add it amongst the full body options.  However it wouldn't land until I built up enough new outfits to make the update worthwhile (and I'm on vacation for another week or so anyway).

If you just want to set one outfit for them all to wear, JB wrote up some good instructions here.

Alternatively you could stick with the Classy Chassis outfits. They are suggestive but not revealing, as I recall.   

Edited by spicydoritos
8 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

I could theoretically add it amongst the full body options.  However it wouldn't land until I built up enough new outfits to make the update worthwhile (and I'm on vacation for another week or so anyway).

If you just want to set one outfit for them all to wear, JB wrote up some good instructions here.

Alternatively you could stick with the Classy Chassis outfits. They are suggestive but not revealing, as I recall.   

Thank you for the posting, and enjoy your vacation.

I believe the .esl flagged .esp patch I made for Bodysuits, Tops, and Bottoms finally got too bloated for its own good.  Having all three leveled lists within a single patch finally caught up with me, and the game would crash upon saving far too often when it was activated.  The patch lasted me for a very long time, but it's a good excuse to start fresh with an .esp for each of the three leveled lists.  My question is, whenever you add an item to one of the leveled lists within a given patch do you also need to clear and reinject via the MCM main menu for the items to populate on captives?

Just now, bubbabignose said:

My question is, whenever you add an item to one of the leveled lists within a given patch do you also need to clear and reinject via the MCM main menu for the items to populate on captives?

If you're going to add your own items to the esp in addition to CCOI's scripted items, then I think you'll still want to clear and re-inject.  I'm not 100% sure how the engine will handle a script-populated formlist that suddenly has a new entry in the esp.  In my head I'm picturing the indexing getting kinda borked.

27 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

If you're going to add your own items to the esp in addition to CCOI's scripted items, then I think you'll still want to clear and re-inject.  I'm not 100% sure how the engine will handle a script-populated formlist that suddenly has a new entry in the esp.  In my head I'm picturing the indexing getting kinda borked.

Thanks, that's what I figured.  I had been following that general practice across multiple playthroughs but it only recently started to affect my ability to save a game today.  Probably best to just make the three new esp and show some restraint on adding new outfits to them for this new playthrough.

So I finished making the three separate patches for the leveled lists.  With all three patches active the crashing upon saving continues to occur if I click reset and then click on inject in the MCM.  I believe it's due to having a significant amount of items being added to leveled lists at one time.  Interestingly, clicking on only inject allowed both the outfits I patched to show up on captives and the saving process to work properly.  It appears my issues have been arising from clicking on reset first.  Glad to have found the issue, and the next test will be adding additional outfits to the patches baked into the saves and seeing if they are populated by injecting again and not using reset.

Edited by bubbabignose
21 minutes ago, bubbabignose said:

So I finished making the three separate patches for the leveled lists.  With all three patches active the crashing upon saving continues to occur if I click reset and then click on inject in the MCM.  I believe it's due to having a significant amount of items being added to leveled lists at one time.  Interestingly, clicking on only inject allowed both the outfits I patched to show up on captives and the saving process to work properly.  It appears my issues have been arising from clicking on reset first.  Glad to have found the issue, and the next test will be adding additional outfits to the patches baked into the saves and seeing if they are populated by injecting again and not using reset.

How many items are in your patches?  The max for any formlist or array is 128.  Generally you'll get crashes if you exceed this amount.

Also, you won't be able to inject again without resetting first.  That action is blocked via script because you'd end up duplicating all injected items. 

14 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

How many items are in your patches?  The max for any formlist or array is 128.  Generally you'll get crashes if you exceed this amount.

Also, you won't be able to inject again without resetting first.  That action is blocked via script because you'd end up duplicating all injected items. 

Thank you for the clarification.  Is the 128 limit for a given esp or for a level list in entirety?  I'll take the time to split up the patches into multiple parts then, which will be a far quicker task than starting from scratch.  

4 minutes ago, bubbabignose said:

Thank you for the clarification.  Is the 128 limit for a given esp or for a level list in entirety?  I'll take the time to split up the patches into multiple parts then, which will be a far quicker task than starting from scratch.  

It's for any individual list.  So it's perfectly fine to have a "MasterTops" list with two or more sub-lists, and each of those sub-lists can be filled to capacity with tops.  It'll just throw off your outfit odds a bit unless both sub-lists have the same number of entries.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

It's for any individual list.  So it's perfectly fine to have a "MasterTops" list with two or more sub-lists, and each of those sub-lists can be filled to capacity with tops.  It'll just throw off your outfit odds a bit unless both sub-lists have the same number of entries.

Currently I have esl flagged esps with overwrite for the tops, bottoms, and bodysuits leveled lists named CCOI - Leveled Lists Patch - Tops / bottoms / bodysuits, respectively.  First I should cut each of those down to 128 items each.  Then, per your suggestion, I can make overwrite esps (or should I just copy records over?) for each of those patches for up to 128 items a pop?  I'm not familiar with creating leveled lists or making sub-lists.  It wasn't until recently that my method of patching your mod started giving me issues, so I'm eager to get a crash course.

Brainstorm:

Would it be as simple as copying my overwrite patches as new records into additional esps (changing the editor ID in the process), cutting down the overwriting patches to 128 items, and making sure the newly created esps remain under 128 items?

Edited by bubbabignose
47 minutes ago, bubbabignose said:

Currently I have esl flagged esps with overwrite for the tops, bottoms, and bodysuits leveled lists named CCOI - Leveled Lists Patch - Tops / bottoms / bodysuits, respectively.  First I should cut each of those down to 128 items each.  Then, per your suggestion, I can make overwrite esps (or should I just copy records over?) for each of those patches for up to 128 items a pop?  I'm not familiar with creating leveled lists or making sub-lists.  It wasn't until recently that my method of patching your mod started giving me issues, so I'm eager to get a crash course.

No need to make extra plugins, you just need one.  In your plugin, select the category for LeveledItem, right-click the righthand window, and select "New".  Make sure to set "Chance None" to use the related global.  Or you can duplicate an existing leveled list and change the name.

Spoiler

LLscreencap.jpg.31b23744110eb0aa6863e5223d4b1de7.jpg

Split your lists up as much as you need (maybe don't fill them to the brim at 128, just in case).  Keep the number of items on each list as even as possible.

Now, your next instinct might be to take MyTops1, MyTops2, etc and add them to CCOI_AllTops_LL.  However, you have to remember the way items are drawn from leveled lists.  Every entry has the same chance of being selected.  So in a theoretical case where CCOI_AllTops_LL had one injected item and one MyTops1 entry with 100 items, you'd see the injected item 50% of the time.  Those numbers even out a bit given enough entries, and it's simpler, so maybe you're still okay with this method.

If you want to get fancy, I suggest creating yet another leveled list, called something like MyMasterTops.  Into this list you can place MyTops1, MyTops2, etc and also CCOI_AllTops_LL.  Then open CCOI_CombinedTopAndBottom_LL and replace the CCOI_AllTops_LL entry with your MyMasterTops list.  Repeat for bottoms and bodysuits as desired.  TBH though the odds still won't be exactly equal for all items unless all your lists have exactly the same number of entries.  So make your choices appropriately.

25 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

No need to make extra plugins, you just need one.  In your plugin, select the category for LeveledItem, right-click the righthand window, and select "New".  Make sure to set "Chance None" to use the related global.  Or you can duplicate an existing leveled list and change the name.

Reveal hidden contents

Split your lists up as much as you need (maybe don't fill them to the brim at 128, just in case).  Keep the number of items on each list as even as possible.

Now, your next instinct might be to take MyTops1, MyTops2, etc and add them to CCOI_AllTops_LL.  However, you have to remember the way items are drawn from leveled lists.  Every entry has the same chance of being selected.  So in a theoretical case where CCOI_AllTops_LL had one injected item and one MyTops1 entry with 100 items, you'd see the injected item 50% of the time.  Those numbers even out a bit given enough entries, and it's simpler, so maybe you're still okay with this method.

If you want to get fancy, I suggest creating yet another leveled list, called something like MyMasterTops.  Into this list you can place MyTops1, MyTops2, etc and also CCOI_AllTops_LL.  Then open CCOI_CombinedTopAndBottom_LL and replace the CCOI_AllTops_LL entry with your MyMasterTops list.  Repeat for bottoms and bodysuits as desired.  TBH though the odds still won't be exactly equal for all items unless all your lists have exactly the same number of entries.  So make your choices appropriately.

Fantastic.  I'm messing around with the creation kit aspect of it all now.  Seems fairly straightforward, and I see how it adds the leveled lists that you can manipulate in FO4Edit.  That'll make copying records over from my patch fairly easy for the trimming down process and making sure the lists have as close to as even a population as possible.  I really appreciate the time you took to point me in the right direction.

6 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Reveal hidden contents

After getting sidetracked I was able to finally attend to tinkering once more.  Modding is overwhelming at first but it's crazy how the layers get peeled back and the big picture seems a bit more clear as you go along.  It's a rewarding process once you get to the point where you can fine tune and troubleshoot more in depth.  I followed your recommendation of making a master list for each of the three clothing types and placing them within the Combined lists.  Worked like a charm, other than the tediousness that is removing items from the lists to reach as close an equal amount of entries as possible.  Thankfully FO4Edit lets you have multiple lists running side by side for you to compare what's in either list.  Saved me the hassle of starting from scratch once again for building the entries.  All done through FO4Edit, other than the initial peak behind the curtains of your steps in the picture.  Hopefully this helps someone else down the line if they feel ambitious enough to try.  Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Very quick question.

At present I'm just using ASA clothing (CBBE) and noticed that only shoes, socks and thongs are being equipped. Am I correct in assuming that's all that gets injected from ASA and I'll need to add some of the other clothing mods for tops etc?

Great mod, thanks for making it :classic_smile:

52 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Very quick question.

At present I'm just using ASA clothing (CBBE) and noticed that only shoes, socks and thongs are being equipped. Am I correct in assuming that's all that gets injected from ASA and I'll need to add some of the other clothing mods for tops etc?

Great mod, thanks for making it :classic_smile:

That's correct.  I took bits and pieces from a lot of clothing mods to maintain the theme.  If you want the best bang for your buck, VTAW 5-8 are the biggest contributors (especially 8 ).  Just be sure to reinstall CCOI after installing the VTAW packs.

54 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

That's correct.  I took bits and pieces from a lot of clothing mods to maintain the theme.  If you want the best bang for your buck, VTAW 5-8 are the biggest contributors (especially 8 ).  Just be sure to reinstall CCOI after installing the VTAW packs.

Many thanks. VTAW 8 looks really good.

I wish FO4 had a preview screen for items before crafting, there's a huge amount of stuff

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Methcathinone said:

Really wish that there can be a way to have them dressed differently after they are turned settlers, but I guess that follows a different rule.

The default behavior of Commonwealth Captives is to dress settlers in normal outfits, unless you equip something on them after they're free.  So if you just free them and recruit them, they'll eventually be wearing clothes from the vanilla settler outfit leveled list.  Altering that list would be the domain of other mods.  If it's something you're interested in, I'd bet one or two such mods exist on Nexus.

• 3 months later...