Help me unshine my naked BHUNP-3BBB Body!

I installed BHUNP-3BBB (Baka) a few weeks ago, mid-playthrough on my last character. It worked right out of the box and made my sex scenes more immersive and more fun. I have used Leyenda Skin textures for years, so when the BHUNP FOMOD installer asked if I wanted (various) other skin textures, I said "no" and that was that.

Recently, I started a new character, with the same mods except for my Serana replacer. Everything was great when we got out of Helgen and I seduced Ralof in some convenient bushes along the road, and it was still great when Ralof, his sister Gerdur and I enjoyed a threesome in Riverwood.

Then suddenly, spontaneously (no new mods, nothing changed that I know of) when I seduced Sven to talk him out of wanting Carlotta, BAM! My body turned from Leyenda Skin to all silvery-shiny, with prominent wrist, ankle and neck seams because my hands, feet and head were not shiny- just my body. Sacré Bleu!

Even worse, the unwanted silvery sheen did not go away when I redressed myself (which replaced my default body with the one in the outfit I was wearing.) Changing cells did not fix it, my next tryst with the Innkeeper to get dirt on Faendal did not fix it- nothing except quitting to desktop and relaunching the game fixed it. Here is what it looks like:

WARNING: NSFW IMAGES! GRAPHICAL DEPICTIONS OF CONSENTING ADULTS, WELL, CONSENTING.

20210901053806_1.jpg

20210902211819_1.jpg

And here is what my body textures looked like less than an hour before it started going all shiny with my first SL scene in any session- Gerdur gives my StrapOn a blow job :classic_angry: while her brother Ralof does her from behind ? :

20210831104731_1.jpg

Can anyone tell me what is causing this unwanted sheen that shows up the first time I get naked in any game session, and then miraculously heals itself when I quit and re-launch the game?

Edited by Vyxenne

There arent many suspects. BHUNP does not run any functionality to swap textures mid playthrough, so its not body mod.

TBH the only mod i know of to screw with body specular is Wet function redux. Do you run it by any chance? If no - well, id try reinstalling your textures as a "makes no sense, but who knows" option.

21 minutes ago, nilead said:

There arent many suspects. BHUNP does not run any functionality to swap textures mid playthrough, so its not body mod.

TBH the only mod i know of to screw with body specular is Wet function redux. Do you run it by any chance? If no - well, id try reinstalling your textures as a "makes no sense, but who knows" option.

Thanks, I don't have any wet-look mods, and reinstalling my Leyenda Skins textures was the very first thing I tried- it didn't fix anything. I also reinstalled the BHUNP body just to make sure I hadn't inadvertently screwed up the installation choices, and I opened femalebody_1.nif to check the BSLightingShaderProperty > BSTextureSet data to make sure it was correctly pointing to textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds (etc.), and it was and is. Then I opened the diffuse map texture to make sure it was the Leyenda Skins one, and it was/is.

I also tested with my ENB disabled, and the silvery sheen is less prominent with it disabled, but then again ALL my colors are less vibrant with my ENB disabled.

5 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Or it is some magic effect running wild... 

Not that I know of, and I haven't added any new mods.

The strangest thing is that it was fine with my first couple of encounters, then suddenly, between 22:52 and 23:38 on 31 August (based on my screenshot dates/times) it just spontaneously started happening. I'm about at my wits' end with this. Because this is happening with my nude body, which uses BHUNP, and with my outfit bodies as well, most of which are still UUNP, the only thing in common between them is the textures- but idk what else I can check about the textures.

Could it have something to do with the dirt textures, maybe there's a different set of dirty skin textures taking effect which don't match up with the skin, I notice that it's only the torso and not the hands feet head

Other things to check:  Makeup body paint etc

Maybe something got accidentally dragged by a rogue mouse movement, extremely unlikely but double check for file conflicts if your mod manager allows

Oh I just saw that you said it fixes itself when you relaunch the game, that could point to some weirdness with graphics card / vram / 4k 8k resolution issue?  If skin texture resolution is super high it could be getting funky for some reason, could be tied to driver update, something like that.

Just throwing out some ideas

19 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

OMG! I just found this!  And this! There may be more! So it's not a new issue. Time to try a diff preset, I guess. *pouts*

Yes, the problem was caused by a preset created with the reflection activated.

If the preset come from the web report the problem to the creator.

If you create the preset and not like it simply delete it.

If you want preserve the preset you must dig into the race menu files.

4 hours ago, alex77r4 said:

If the preset come from the web report the problem to the creator.

If you create the preset and not like it simply delete it.

If you want preserve the preset you must dig into the race menu files.

what element is that? Can it be deleted or at least defeated from a preset, ie by editing using Notepad+ or similar? And if so kind sir, how?

Edited by anjenthedog
1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:
6 hours ago, alex77r4 said:

what element is that? Can it be deleted or at least defeated from a preset, ie by editing using Notepad+ or similar? And if so kind sir, how?

I don't know what @alex77r4means either. I have tried several presets, all of which worked fine on my previous playthrough, and the shine persists, coming up as soon as I strip for any reason and via any method (i.e. via SL Stripping or by simply removing my equipped clothing manually.)

So please, Alex, where is this "reflection activated" slider, control or parameter, and how might we turn it off?

UPDATE: I discovered as I rummaged around in Racemenu trying different presets from various sources including several custom presets that I made myself from working characters with no body shines ever for any reason, that just opening Racemenu and then immediately closing it clears the body shines until the next time I get naked!! WT actual F??? :classic_wacko: I was even able to clear the body shine in the middle of a delightfully hot sex act by opening and closing Racemenu in mid-stroke! :classic_biggrin: So whatever is happening, Racemenu is involved.

Edited by Vyxenne
3 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

just opening Racemenu and then immediately closing it clears the body shines until the next time I get naked!!

Yes. Can be solved but is not easy. The problem come from a mix of things caused by the preset, plus the data stored inside the saved game plus some data that is not correctly cleaned inside Race Menu.

If you know how to edit JSON files go to DATA\SKSE\plugins\CharGen\Presets and open open the json file with any text editor.

Revise the texture files, specifically the overlays section and the skinOverrides section. Look if you have any suspecting texture.

Remove entire sections starting by { and ending by } and look if you must remove or not remove a coma.

Save your modified JSON preset with a different name.

Open your game and start a New Game. This step is strictly obligatory. If you load your saved game all go to be broken again.

Load your modified preset and verify if everything is correct. The glow, shine and/or reflection must be gone.

Save the preset again from inside the game using Race Menu with another name.

Close your game and go to Desktop. This step is strictly obligatory. If you continue playing all go to be broken again.

Download NioCleaner and start it. Search your most recent saved game and open it. Remove the 00000014 from the exclusion list box and press CLEAN. That operation remove any modification made with NiOverride over your player character and any other NPC removing from the saved game any bad data including any reference to any bad texture.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3786-netimmerse-override-cleaner-skse-co-save-cleaner-utility/

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/13709-netimmerse-override-cleaner-se-skse64-co-save-cleaner-utility/

Open your game and load your saved game that have been cleared with NiOverride Cleaner.

Some things can show bad because we have delete the NiOverride secction for your character.

Very important

Before load the preset verify if the glow, shine and/or reflection is really gone. Not load your preset directly. 

Very important

If the glow, shine and/or reflection problem continue without load the preset the problem come from a mod making bad thing.

Can be a script changing the textures like Wet Function Redux...

Can be any element that has bad textures in armor, clothes, earring, pendants...

Can be any bad texture installed in some incorrect folder...

If the glow, shine and/or reflection is gone -> Load your preset to recover the correct aspect of your character.

If you continue having problems request help again explaining the steps followed.

1 hour ago, alex77r4 said:

The problem come from a mix of things caused by the preset

I am having great difficulty understanding this- I have tried with at least a dozen (12) presets, all of which worked fine in my 1500-save 400-hour previous playthrough (no body shine). Just to make sure, I will start a new game later tonight/today and not load ANY customization- I'll just accept whatever FUGLY version of a female Todd Howard sees fit to inflict upon me. Then we'll see what's what, eliminating savegames and presets as possible culprits if I still get body shine when naked, although I may have a hard time seducing Ralof with my Toddalina Howard looks...

I started a new game a couple of weeks ago (no savegame was loaded, and I didn't use ASLAL- I selected "New Game" and took the wagon ride into Helgen) with the same mod loadout as before and the same presets as before, and suddenly I have a shiny body. This can't be a "bad texture" or it would have been bad also in my previous playthrough. It can't be any particular preset since it happens with ALL presets as far as I can tell. And it can't be anything wrong with my BHUNP body since it appears on my UUNP body as well. Once it is triggered, it remains on all of my bodies, whether naked or in an outfit. This is not indicative of a bad texture, or a bad BSTextureSet callout in one of my outfit meshes.

Interestingly, it does NOT happen on NPCs who use my default body. So far in this playthrough I've seen Camilla Valerius, Gerdur, Adrianne Avenicci and 3 female Whiterun guards naked- they all use my default body and none of them had any shiny bits. Except, you know, where I, um...

There is something being "applied" to BOTH of my installed bodies - BHUNP-3BBB default body and UUNP body in most of my outfits - so it can't be something wrong with any of my bodies or outfits... it is something that is triggered when I get naked, invoking my default body for the first time, and from then on the effect remains on any different body that I happen to use, until I clear it by quitting to desktop OR opening and closing Racemenu.

And finally, one last fact that I noticed tonight- the sheen seems to be on my body at all times in the Racemenu Preview/Rendering, whether I am loading a preset face or not. However, in ALL cases, it is never visible in-game after I close Racemenu until I remove (or SexLab removes) my Biped Slot 32 "Torso" armor item.

One thing to try to rule out Racemenu Versioning, were you using the most recent version of Racemenu, 0.4.16 in your previous game?  What happens if you revert to 0.4.9 version of Racemenu?  On second thought I don't know how possible that is, only if the SKSE is backwards compatible which I can only assume it is.

It's possible that entering racemenu is resetting something with the way the body is being rendered, and super interesting if you are able to reproduce that reset every single time you try that as a work around.

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I started a new game a couple of weeks ago

Why you started a New Game? What was changed, added or updated? 

Start looking in that zone.

-------------

I go to clarify some points about the shiny body problem:

1 - Normally, the problem start by loading a preset but is not the only way. Can be caused by multiple motives.

2 - When the shiny body problem show, normally, is because is stored inside the saved game.

3 - The only way i know to remove the shiny body problem is use NioCleaner.

The shiny body problem in SSE is, basically, the blue body problem Legendary.

When we add an overlay in Legendary, save the game, remove the overlay and load the saved game we get a blue body.

When we add an SkinOverride in SSE, save the game, remove the SkinOverride and load the saved game we get a shiny body.

But the main difference is that, in Legendary, the blue body is visible always, inclusively whit armor or clothes.

In Special, the shiny body only show when we nude the character and is not visible while wearing armor or clothes.

That make the problem hide a lot because only some people play with constant nude body.

Normally we always have some kinky armor or clothes that hide the problem until we start a sex scene.

But in that moment is late because the problem has been stored inside the saved game.

Only a bit of people know about the existence of NioCleaner and is the only way to remove the problem from the saved game.

Others peoples recommend replace the skse co-save with another co-save from another saved game but that can cause a lot of additional problems because any mod that store data inside the co-save can be broken when load the old data stored inside the old co-save. 

The main problem is caused by a missing texture that can not be loaded by NiOverride and is causing the blue body in Legendary or the shiny body in SSE and the problem can not be solved at DLL level. If the DLL ask to the Operating System if the texture exist in the specified folder the OS always say NO when the texture is stored inside the BSA because the game have their own file manager that can decompress BSA files on the fly. The DLL can NOT know if the textures exist inside the BSA files.

We can have the missing texture problem by multiple way, loading a preset, removing a mod, updating it, changing the load order or the overwrite order, processing the mods with Nif Otimizer or Cathedral assets or DDSOpt... basically making any change in the game structure... while using exactly the same mod list with the same plugin list. For example:

Using the same mods but making a small change in MO moving a mod up or down that change some texture files.

Using the same mods but making a small change in Plugin Load Order making some BSA load before another.

Using the same mods but making a simple update of one small mod that the developer say can be made on the fly.

Using the same mods but processing some mod with a utility that cause some texture change the format or go to another folder.

Also, we can have the missing texture problem when using mods with scripts that add SkinOverride, like Wet Function, Bathing in Skyrim, Survival, Apropos, SlaveTats, ABBA, Driping when aroused, Sanguine Debauchery... any of the tweaks from MomoMan or Osmel...

Any mod with script that add an SkinOverride with a missing texture can cause the problem and, when we save the game, the problem is permanently stored inside the saved game. But we notice the problem after some days (or weeks), when we nude the character, and the only way to solve the problem is delete 3 days (or 3 weeks) of saved games.... or using NioCleaner...

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

with the same mod loadout as before and the same presets as before, and suddenly I have a shiny body.

That sound like a mod with script that has added a SkinOverride with a missing texture.

Maybe you miss enable or disable one option in one MCM of one mod that is making the SkinOverride.

Probably, one option that you enable or disable in your long play but you forgot where exactly is it.

Or maybe you upgrade some mod that have new functionalities that was not present in your last long play.

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Interestingly, it does NOT happen on NPCs who use my default body. So far in this playthrough I've seen Camilla Valerius, Gerdur, Adrianne Avenicci and 3 female Whiterun guards naked- they all use my default body and none of them had any shiny bits. Except, you know, where I, um...

The only way to have the shiny body problem in NPC's is use a mod with scripts that add an SkinOverride over the NPC's with a missing texture.

That can be made with Wet Function, ABBA, probably with Bathing in Skyrim and some others mods.

4 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Once it is triggered, it remains on all of my bodies, whether naked or in an outfit

Then, sometimes you have the shiny body problem visible ALWAYS? Inclusively while wearing armor?

That can be a different problem.

in ALL cases, it is never visible in-game after I close Racemenu until I remove (or SexLab removes) my Biped Slot 32 "Torso" armor item.

Then, sometimes you have the shiny body problem visible ONLY when you nude your character and, when you equip any armor, the shiny body not show. That is, mainly, the shiny body problem in SSE and, normally, is caused by a reference to a missing texture stored inside the co-save.

until I clear it by quitting to desktop OR opening and closing Racemenu.

Explain yourself a bit more, please. When is cleared the shiny body exactly?

When you load the saved game you have shiny body while wearing an armor?  That is caused by a script.

When you load the saved game you have normal body (because you wear armor) but when you nude your character you have nude shiny body?

That is, mainly, the shiny body problem in SSE.

If, while you have a shiny nude body, you open RaceMenu and close it, the shiny body disappear and you have a normal nude body?

But if you equip an armor and remove it you have again the shiny nude body?

1 hour ago, alex77r4 said:

Then, sometimes you have the shiny body problem visible ONLY when you nude your character and, when you equip any armor, the shiny body not show. That is, mainly, the shiny body problem in SSE and, normally, is caused by a reference to a missing texture stored inside the co-save.

This is not correct. Also, this started happening on Day One of my new game, before there was a co-save.

Let me try to clarify what is happening:

• When I launch the game, I do not see any shiny body at all, ever, period... as long as I do not remove my Body Slot 32 apparel item. I can play for hours and hours and never see a shiny body.
  • I can remove every piece of apparel/clothing/armor/jewelry/wig except the item in Biped Slot 32 (torso) and I will never, ever see any shiny body.
  • Shiny trigger: As soon as I remove the item in Biped Slot 32, even if I have 12 other items equipped and do not remove any of them, my body becomes shiny. It stays shiny from that point onward. Re-dressing does not stop it. Using a different body (e.g. putting on a piece of armor that has a UUNP or CBBE or Oldrim UNPB body included in it) does not stop the shiny. Every body I try to use is shiny until I invoke one of the Shiny remedies below.
  • Once I have triggered the shiny body (see "Shiny trigger" above) all bodies will be shiny whether I am naked or dressed. BHUNP, UUNP, CBBE, UNPB from Oldrim, it does not matter: all of my bodies will remain shiny forever unless I take action to remedy it (see "Shiny remedy" below)
  • Shiny remedy 1: Quit to desktop, then relaunch the game.
  • Shiny remedy 2: Launch Racemenu (showracemenu command) then immediately quit Racemenu (R > Enter > Enter) without doing or changing anything.
  • Once I have invoked either of the two Shiny remedies above, my bodies will not be shiny again "forever" until I (or SexLab) trigger it (see "Shiny trigger" above.)

I hope this clarifies what I am seeing for you, and helps you to understand that, while I appreciate your responses very much, I do not believe any of the possible explanations you have posted explain what is happening. Even if I have some obscure "wet look" MCM setting on some mod that does not name itself "Wet Look" (with 410 mods, I can't pretend to remember every detail of each one of them as you correctly pointed out) the fact that my shininess is being applied rain or shine, indoors and outdoors, in cold snowy Northern Seas on an ice floe and in hot, arid Solstheim in a land of ashes and fire falling from the sky.

It behaves exactly like an overlay, except in reverse! I went through all of my MCMs a couple of nights ago, and while I did discover some interesting things about SexLab Random Sex that I didn't know, I did not find anything remotely connected with any wet look. If a mod were applying a shiny overlay without my knowledge, it would be the reverse case from what is actually happening: the overlay would be applied at launch (not removed) and strippng naked would cause it to go away, not cause it to appear. So logically, no such overlay is being explicitly applied by any mod, as evidenced by the fact that opening and immediately closing Racemenu STOPS the shiny, not causes the shiny.

And finally, I did not change any MCM settings between my previous playthrough and this one, and most of them persisted across into the new playthrough, and of the few that didn't, I had saved the profiles so I was able to restore (most of) the missing settings to the same as before.

Still, it's obvious that something has changed, because I didn't have this issue until I started my new playthrough. So please, continue to share your thoughts and I'll continue to test them against my current reality.

10 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:
  • When I launch the game, I do not see any shiny body at all, ever, period... as long as I do not remove my Body Slot 32 apparel item. I can play for hours and hours and never see a shiny body.
  • I can remove every piece of apparel/clothing/armor/jewelry/wig except the item in Biped Slot 32 (torso) and I will never, ever see any shiny body.
  • Shiny trigger: As soon as I remove the item in Biped Slot 32, even if I have 12 other items equipped and do not remove any of them, my body becomes shiny. It stays shiny from that point onward. Re-dressing does not stop it. Using a different body (e.g. putting on a piece of armor that has a UUNP or CBBE or Oldrim UNPB body included in it) does not stop the shiny. Every body I try to use is shiny until I invoke one of the Shiny remedies below.
  • Once I have triggered the shiny body (see "Shiny trigger" above) all bodies will be shiny whether I am naked or dressed. BHUNP, UUNP, CBBE, UNPB from Oldrim, it does not matter: all of my bodies will remain shiny forever unless I take action to remedy it (see "Shiny remedy" below)
  • Shiny remedy 1: Quit to desktop, then relaunch the game.
  • Shiny remedy 2: Launch Racemenu (showracemenu command) then immediately quit Racemenu (R > Enter > Enter) without doing or changing anything.
  • Once I have invoked either of the two Shiny remedies above, my bodies will not be shiny again "forever" until I (or SexLab) trigger it (see "Shiny trigger" above.)

What happens if you do this:

1. Remove torso item

2. use racemenu workaround to return skin to normal

3. do not put any armor back on

4. save game, exit Skyrim

5. Launch game, open latest save

Does the skin remain normal at that time or does it go straight to being shiny upon loading?

If the skin is normal upon loading, then put your armor on and take it off.  Is it shiny now?

Thought: Racemenu includes NIO, could running it be forcing NIO to update

Just curious if you have Data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini  what does body =, if less than 5 change it to 5

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Let me try to clarify what is happening:

That is exactly the shiny nude body problem in SSE and is caused because a mod add an SkinOverride with a missing texture.

Is not visible until you nude the character. You can play for hours, days or weeks with the problem but without notice it until you nude your character. And then, the shiny body show constantly, with and without armor until you restart the game or open and close RaceMenu. But immediately the character is nude the problem show again and the shiny only disappear restarting or using RaceMenu.

But seems that you have the problem from the start of the game without save and reload and without apply any preset.

That must be caused by a mod with a script that add the SkinOverride at the start of the game.

Go to try locate the offending mod making a specific play making specific actions.

Install SexLab Aroused Monitor and Alternate Start. Start a New Game.

Create your character as Nord Female without change anything more.

Accept the ugly character and name it.

Immediately open the inventory and remove the rough tunic. Go to 3rd person and look if you have the shiny nude body.

If you have it revise yours textures because is practically impossible a mod add a SkinOveride with a script at that speed.

If you not have it, left the game run for 10 or 15 seconds and equip and remove the rough tunic. Repeat the process until the nude shiny body show.

If after the initialization of the mods you continue without have the nude shiny body go to the statue and select any start, like any house or any inn.

After the loading screen repeat the process, open the inventory, remove clothes and go to 3rd person. Wait some seconds, open the inventory, put clothes, remove clothes, left the game run a bit, repeat...

If after one or two minutes you not get the the nude shiny body is time to go to the MCM and start SexLab.

While SexLab is starting repeat the process: In 3rd person, open the inventory, put clothes, remove clothes.

If you get the nude shiny body after start SexLab some mod from this web site is causing the problem.

Next step is test arousal, go to any populated zone and repeat the process looking the arousal meter.

If you get the nude shiny body at any arousal point start looking mod related with arousal.

Next step is test sex. Start a sex scene and look if you have nude shiny body when finish.

Then, a mod related to orgasm can by the motive.

Continue making test and enabling the rest of the suspecting mods in the MCM's until you locate the mod that add the bad texture with SkinOveride.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

I did not find anything remotely connected with any wet look. If a mod were applying a shiny overlay without my knowledge

Not, that is not the exact problem. None mod add a shiny like that in a intentional way because is horrendous.

The problem start when a mod add an SkinOverride with a missing texture. Can be any normal mod adding a tat, a small effect, a makeup, a light mark...

Any normal texture but, as the texture not exist, the game go crazy and convert that missing texture in an horrendous shiny that only show over nude body.

Normally happen by a bad installation, a bad overwrite, an un-updated mod, a fail in compatibility, a bad version...

Edited by alex77r4
6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

a lot of valuable stuff ...

Hey, just curious. have you checked to make sure (regardless of your note I read and think I understood clearly about not changing anything) that no "Nude body suit" thingies are enabled? (maybe something slightly newer that you wouldn't have changed but might have come with a checkbox enabled)?  It almost sounds like something's applying a nude suit to you when you pull the slot 32 item, and the nude suit it's trying to equip you with is screwed up. (AFAIK BOSSE or some other mod I used to have, had a "nude suit" checkbox. or maybe SL, Flower Girls, or something else like that. can't recall and game's not open... ) No ZAZ or DD kinks that might be effing with you? 

Edited by anjenthedog
19 hours ago, alex77r4 said:

Install SexLab Aroused Monitor and Alternate Start. Start a New Game.

Create your character as Nord Female without change anything more.

Accept the ugly character and name it.

Immediately open the inventory and remove the rough tunic. Go to 3rd person and look if you have the shiny nude body.

If you have it revise yours textures because is practically impossible a mod add a SkinOveride with a script at that speed.

The problem is

• It is not possible to immediately open the inventory until the headsman scene, the dragon attack and I have followed Ralof into the Keep and he has unbound my hands, which is 5-10 minutes of gameplay after character creation
  • It is not possible to go to 3rd person until the headsman scene, the dragon attack and I have followed Ralof into the Keep and he has unbound my hands, which is 5-10 minutes of gameplay after character creation

Are you saying that ASLAL bypasses these restrictions somehow and starts the Unbound quest immediately upon character creation? I had ASLAL installed once upon a time (3-4 years ago) but rage-uninstalled it when it cost me a new playthrough on a character I had spent 3 hours sculpting and perfecting. I have been leery of it ever since. Arthmoor's instructions seem to be chock-full of "gotchas" and caveats about using the mod, so I have never gone back to it. However, based on your suggestion, I'm willing to try it again. I can't continue to play with an issue that spoils every scene.

19 hours ago, alex77r4 said:

The problem start when a mod add an SkinOverride with a missing texture. Can be any normal mod adding a tat, a small effect, a makeup, a light mark...

Any normal texture but, as the texture not exist, the game go crazy and convert that missing texture in an horrendous shiny that only show over nude body.

The only problem I have with this theory is: why doesn't the shine appear in a newly-launched game, or after opening and closing Racemenu? If a texture is missing, then it is missing all the time, not just sometimes. Since I have not added any new mods between my previous playthrough (no shinies) and now, I don't see how a texture can magically cease to exist on command (the shiny triggers) and then magically reappear on command (the shiny remedies.)

20 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Just curious if you have Data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini  what does body =, if less than 5 change it to 5

Is Racemenu installation supposed to install nioverride.ini? I do not see it as one of the contained files when hit Preview contents on the RM file, and I do not have any nioverride.ini in my Data\SKSE\Plugins folder. I do have a subfolder there named Nioverride, but it just has a folder named tintdata in it, with a pubic hair xml file in it. I have had that particular pubic hair overlay in my game for several years so I doubt it is causing my body shines.

Edited by Vyxenne
54 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

The only problem I have with this theory is: why doesn't the shine appear in a newly-launched game, or after opening and closing Racemenu? If a texture is missing, then it is missing all the time, not just sometimes.

Logic says "Because the texture swap isn't applied until the moment you remove your existing slot-32 item and incidentally load your "nude" body". 

Since we know that in most cases, a piece of armor or clothing 9slot 32) is actually a body and the "cloth", then when you stirp that armor/clothing, you have to swap to the nude body (or never nude, as the case might be for some)

So... the shine is being applied as a result of swapping to the nude body. But why does it remain if you put on clothes after? Well, (if my brain is working right this morning) because whatever the swap operation applied is broken

"whatever" <<<< in addition to the expected femalebody_1.dss, whatever other .dds body elements... my player has dozens of files that are used to define my texture: msn.dds files, _s.dds files, variants for musculature, private parts dds files, the afflicted types, age, etc, which are all selectively applied. 

Or, the texture file might be there but the specularity or reflectivity or alpha is cranked to 100% (I have no idea how that'd be but I keep reading suggestions about normal maps and specularity and reflectivity and alpha channel wrt to these shiny body issues), and normally that value isn't applied, or de-applied,  so once set, it sticks until cleared by a racemenu initialization on entrance to the tool, or by loading the game , which also presumably does some auto zeroing prior to loading character values.  I'm not saying this right... like the set of instructions doesn't normally cover "switch lever A to the off position" so it's normally ignored. Except when an errant set of instructions comes along and does

It could be any of those or another fembody file stuck in some non descript folder and called via the body load script.

Edited by anjenthedog
14 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

have you checked to make sure [...] that no "Nude body suit" thingies are enabled? [...] (AFAIK BOSSE or some other mod I used to have, had a "nude suit" checkbox. or maybe SL, Flower Girls, or something else like that. can't recall and game's not open... ) No ZAZ or DD kinks that might be effing with you?

I don't think so, but I have no way of knowing. I don't know what "BOSSE" is, and I don't have DD or any related rape/slavery/sex-as-power-trip mods or animations installed- just consensual, fun/affectionate sex stuff.

That said, I agree with you that what I'm seeing does look like a silvery body suit. I have some wig and hair mods that feature full-body collision proxies, but again, I don't have any new ones and the same mods did not give me a shiny body on my last playthrough.

34 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

why doesn't the shine appear in a newly-launched game

Because the wrong/missing texture is applied by a mod with script only when specific conditions are met.

Do you know how works mods like Blush When Aroused, Dripping when aroused, Bathing in Skyrim, ABBA, Appropos...

All that mod have an script that add effects using textures and apply different textures depending of different conditions.

While the conditions not meet theses mods make absolutely nothing and not add any texture of any kind.

But when the conditions meet the bad texture is added and the shiny body start.

46 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

after opening and closing Racemenu

Opening and closing RaceMenu resets the player character and removes the glow, but I don't know why or how. It is a simple solution to temporarily solve the problem. But, as the underlying issue continues (missing texture), the shiny body returns when armor or clothing is equipped and removed.