SexLab Romance Including Source - Updated 19th Aug 2014

Guest wellbredbitch

my luck with female npc's seems to have improved. but it all ends in tears as soon as we both strip for action and the animations start.  CTD every time.

i am exploring the possible causes. any suggestions welcome.

Guest wellbredbitch

i haven't approached a man since i installed the sexlab update. my decided to make my character lesbian and it's allways a suprise when she gets a positive response from a female npc.mostly they say "alas not my lady""i could never do anything like that with another woman" (after several bottles of wine you will be suprised what you will do, bitch)

"i told you i don't go that way"

"i'm just not in the mood" or " i'm spoken for"

she will have to let a man fuck her, just to see if it causes a CTD aswell.

Guest wellbredbitch

eventually found a male willing to have some fun with my girl. everything workled fine. found a female that was up for it and everything went fine untill another npc bumped into us and the i got a CTD. what a shame. i was enjoying the new standing foreplay animations.

Try a clean install maybe ?

Regarding this mod: I wish we could avoid Tribadism unless its 2 females. Also, please make it so we cant have foreplay scenes happen as our main sex scene. I brought this up with Ashal and he says its up to the plugins to do those things.

Try a clean install maybe ?

Regarding this mod: I wish we could avoid Tribadism unless its 2 females. Also, please make it so we cant have foreplay scenes happen as our main sex scene. I brought this up with Ashal and he says its up to the plugins to do those things.

Unfortunately, yes.  And Spaceman didn't release the source files, nor does he seem particularly active since he released the mod.

So other than spelling/grammar/punctuation fixes to the text, plus putting a Health >= 90% to the overall sdsRomance quest to inhibit the pickup lines on a wounded NPC, there wasn't much more I could do in that regard on my own personal copy.

Fortunately, since my main character is male, I can just turn off the tribadism, lesbian, and other F-F scenes.

@Athela

SexLab Romance does not require ZAZ Animation Pack, but SexLab, which itself requires, in addition to the latest SKSE and SkyUI you already have, Fores New Idles in Skyrim (FNIS). Once you've installed SexLab, the framework that handles the animations and functions used by Romance to start sex acts, run GenerateFNISForUsers.exe, without forgetting to tick the box(es) at the bottom only for the options you do have.

Check the original post in the SexLab thread for more details if you don't already have a nude body, as otherwise characters will keep their undies on, or if you'd like to have breasts move during the animations and don't have a custom skeleton.

can this mod run with SexLab Defeat v2 ?

Yes,

No problem running them both

This does not seem to work. I ask the NPCs if they want to have sex, they say yes, I chose position/They chose, and then they just walk away and nothing happens.

Sounds like you do not start the game through SKSE loader. Do you have SKSE installed?

Normally it should work with any mariage mods as long as you marry the NPC through a ceremony (normall way)  and not through another mod or a spell.

It will propably not work with certain custom NPCs that are not playable races. For example, dont istall a mod that lets marry dragons, and expect this mod to register Paarthurax as your spouce !! 

Would be possible to add effects after sex like increase health, stamina, damage and defense for the day, point in some skill or even new perk?

I don't think Spaceman is really active anymore, or at least, not developing Romance any further.

And I believe by default he used "IsPlayableRace == 1" as opposed to "HasKeyword == ActorTypeNPC" in the quest check.  That means custom races that are not checked as playable will not be considered valid for the sexins.  It also means that, for instance, Dremora are not considered valid.

However, while you can't mess with the scripts since he didn't release the sources for them, you can change the check to HasKeyword == ActorTypeNPC in the CK yourself, which will then allow custom NPC races to be valid targets.

Suggestions. This might be feature bloat, but it seems to me that magic is woefully underused in sex mods so...

Adding illusion spells to bypass the "already married" thing and possibly sexual/racial preferences by either convincing them temporarily you are someone else or by simply fucking with what they find attractive and their commitment to monogamy. Latter is probably better, if glamours were possible they would be OP. Maybe other spells that increase your sexual allure and increase chance? Smoldering Aura or something.

However, while you can't mess with the scripts since he didn't release the sources for them, you can change the check to HasKeyword == ActorTypeNPC in the CK yourself, which will then allow custom NPC races to be valid targets.

You can use Champollion to recreate the missing source files, if you want.

You can use Champollion to recreate the missing source files, if you want.

Is that so?  Good to know! :)

It also gives me ideas on incorporating Romance's "randomized NPC preferences" and the success/failure chances into my own mod, letting you begin talking civilians, chatting them up, and if you succeed, you make with the sexin's, and if you fail, you could then use my mod's 'Coercion' dialog options.

When persuading fails, try intimidation! :P

(And just when I thought I was about done with my mod!)

When using Champollion you need to be aware that the script fragments for quests will not be placed into the comments that the CK uses to find the right fragment for the bit of the quest that references it.

The best way to handle that is to put an empty text file in place of the script and then edit any of the fragments for the quest which will create a new script file with all the comments but none of the scripting. You can then edit that file and insert the script output by Champollion for each fragment into the proper place.

(Just a heads-up that will save you a lot of effort and grief trying to figure that out on your own).

I don't let "missing script sources" keep me from adjusting mods I like.

Oh, indeed.

I start every dialog Papyrus fragment by typing ";Test" into the window, letting it compile some randomly named file, hit Okay, re-open, rename the file, then right click on the file, edit the source, write out what I want, compile, make sure it compiled, then copy/paste the body into the fragment window.  Then set up the properties as needed.

I never understood the dialog fragment necessity over just a normal script, but, meh, I've learned to work with the stupid thing over the last few months.