Yeah good point. That's kind of an unfinished system. My idea was fallen combatants could be "defended" as well, if you have a good relationship with a fallen combatant, rather than participate they might try to stop others. You will be able to control that more easily after the extended laws update.

Another mechanic I wanted would be that even during the battle, rarely someone might get "distracted" and go after a downed combatant, but this is pretty hard to do right now animations-wise and controlling the agents' states properly-wise. Also they'd have to try it when no one was nearby or looking because they would be a free target for the other side.

Edited by Nibbler2345
15 hours ago, Nibbler2345 said:

That is actually how it works. Usually the biggest factor in the decision process is "how long since last sex." That goes for most decisions including war wife or primae noctis or after battle. But it could be better. Either way they tend to end up having way too much or none at all. Mostly I decided the current rates on my last serious playthrough which was a long time ago. It's hard to know what feels right without playing the game, which I haven't in awhile. Anyway I can't really mess with those values too much right now because there's no way for me to really test it unless I do a serious full playthrough again of like 30+ years but I'm saving my energy for later patches. 

Hmm... ok, maybe the values are bit low because I didn't realize it already should work that way. Or maybe I should avoid seeing my wife bit longer. There is one thing which might cause issues in my playthrough - my character was a lover to my current wife before marriage. The mod doesn't remove the 'lover' status at least in the encyclopedia and sometimes it refers to me as a lover when seeing my wife and sometimes as a husband. Don't know the exact mod mechanics, but maybe it already sees she has a lover and it lowers the chance to get a new one?

Edit: Just remembered there was a bit similar issue in earlier game when the mod didn't remove dead lovers from the lover list. Cannot verify right now, but probably still in the current version. Don't know if this has any effect, but in an earlier version it said player needed certain amount of 'charisma' per each lover to get. Pretty annoying if you need charisma to keep dead lovers ;)

Edit2: Also this happened. Lover female gang leader for my male character. Results in a gang leader child who is also a noble but not in my faction. If click on the encyclopedia page results a crash. Killed by a console command just in case

Edited by dudeofculture

Well it's supposed to free up lovers when a lover dies. Last I was aware of that was working. I know what the problem is. The encyclopedia will crash because of the Clan widget and your child is a noble gang leader with no Clan. I'm probably just gonna make all babies lords at this point and not let them be things like notables because it's too glitchy. Problem is, in this game there seems to be no such thing other than lords, wanderers, and notables/questgivers, and your child has to be born as one of them, and lord is the only one that doesn't seem to be glitchy, but all lords must have a clan...

And I actually got rid of lovers-as-wife/husband a few hours ago when I noticed that too.

Gonna change the opportunities for AI to get a lover rather than just on entering a settlement, but no idea if it'll be balanced well.

Edited by Nibbler2345

>> Well it's supposed to free up lovers when a lover dies. Last I was aware of that was working.

It was some time ago. Maybe in 1.7.2, but definately before 1.8.0. Maybe you fixed it later

>> Gonna change the opportunities for AI to get a lover rather than just on entering a settlement

I was thinking this earlier too. Maybe if a village peasant group enters a town it would give a chance to get a lover from that village (like if the village notables visit the town then). Or bit easier if sitting in a town it would check possible lovers in the attached villages too (not just the town).

17 hours ago, maifailun said:

hello thank you for your work it really adds some flavor into the game. Got a question though, is there any console command or anything to disable arena unconcious rape thing.

Thats the only thing that bothers me with this mod. Like; I am a king/lord but my vassals rape my companions within my vision and i can't stop it? (even worse, i rape a trusted companion because she fell unconcious...like 105th time but this time in arena...falling unconcious in arena is hotter i guess...?^^ ) Or maybe adding an option to allow it only if all our party members are knocked down and tournament fails for our side. 

I know i said the only thing bothers me was that but i have another suggestion for the mod if you'd appreciate the enthusiasm as i really like your idea and application of it to the game:

As of now everything seems passively directed by the mod-rules such as, -there has been no sex for X amount of days: hook player with someone when he enters Y settlement - etc. this is just an example on top off my head and it can be wrong (code wise); it just feels that way.

I humbly suggest making it more player driven, in an active form. For instance, you implemented a working flirting mechanism. It considers a lot of dynamics and once succesfull makes player and the female NPC lovers. Which is great. But after that point its passive driven as well. The only thing the player sees an encyclopedia entry and a random text in the game chat log. This has a lot of room for potential here. 

-As far as i can tell, there is no way to have active intimacy again with your non-spouse lover other than random occurances. If i wanted to have an affair with a NPC lover it happens without my consent or none at all after the initial romance success. (Tested with married and companion female NPCs) [Another example tied to this one: Since you already integrated Hotbutter i wanted to make the scene appear again but I cant, it fired only once on initial flirting success. ]

-There is already a rumor/gossip system so when the words gets out players' enemies might take it up on themselves to capture your lover/ court her themselves; in the process causing another blood feud born out of a woman (i can visualize that it can even lead to Trojan war themed player driven narratives here)

- Also i noticed when terrible things happen left and right the NPCs don't really make a fuss about it. They go about their day. There should be massive relationship hit so that the clans wont forget and go after the ones that conduct the bad deed.

- The primae noctis could be optional depending on the traits of the lord/captor. A merciful and honorable lord might forego his right (so cruel and pitiless lords would be the true villains as they were portrayed in the long run)

Thanks for reading to this point.

15 minutes ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Yes, the systems are passive because they haven't been implemented yet and none of them are supposed to be like that. It's really my fault for releasing the mod too early.

I do believe it will be a hit once you are satisfied with it. I just dropped my 2 cents there. I hope you will keep up the good work and see the mod to where it should be.

What is the process of determining which victors get which prisoners after a battle? Is it mainly random, or does it depend on the share of total deaths/wounds inflicted for each party or something? Or whose soldier it was to wound a particular noble? I know if I join an almost-ended battle I don't seem to get prisoners.

I was curious and had a look. Seems to be based on something called MemberShareProbability so maybe your relative size in the army, but who knows if there's some obscure bit of code that makes it so you don't qualify when joining late.

Edited by Nibbler2345
1 hour ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Yes, the systems are passive because they haven't been implemented yet and none of them are supposed to be like that. It's really my fault for releasing the mod too early.

There is semantic problem.

wrong: "my fault for releasing the mod too early"
proper: "I am glad I released this mod I wrote originally for myself and now so many people enjoy it, are grateful for it and take active part of community."

Don't be too harsh for yourself. Mod is ofc unfinished and lacks many features, has balance problems etc. Sure. But it works and is enjoyable and you make progress.
Also, I wanna tell you something. I feedbacked some modules on Nexus and I saw many devs who are d1cks, really. Sure, they make mods etc. but they act aggressively and even insulting for feedback (even constructive) telling fan how little one is compared to mighty dev. Really. How one should STFU, because all suggestions are so stupid etc.
And I saw good, grateful and normal-talking devs, like you (and Henteria dev for example).

I am glad your community is growing - look how many people came to this thread lately. Is is partially because of mod quality (see, it must be good!) and because of your personality I think.

I also see that you have some ideas about how to code next, while I (personally) think there are more important things needing fix. BUT! What I (or other fan) think is less important EVEN if I/one could prove some things are more important. Why? Because you still write this mod for yourself and enjoy coding. I saw you excited about features I find... less important. And if "less important" (IMHO) feature is one you want to code now - it IS most important feature :) Not to mention we never paid for this mod.

Thanks again, thanks for all above mentioned and take care for fun of coding.

I think this mod is absolutely fantastic.  If you had a patreon I would become a supporter.  No shade at CE, but I am pretty much thinking about running with just Primae Noctis, no CE as it replaces most of my favorite mechanics.  I think the only thing I really want to keep CE for is, just sticking male lords in the brothel, to keep them off the battlefield (rofl).  Even then, don't really need it... I just like the idea of Derthert and his son being hookers in Sanala.

I am excited about the direction you are taking this mod and look forward to future releases.  

Also, I have like a ton of kids now... as I attempt to cuck all of Caladria... apparently you have a ton of kids.  Incorporate something like the bastards mod?  You can choose the kid to be raised by their clan.  Keep the love children you want, discard the others (things Crusader Kings say).

Edited by gazukull

Well, I don't think anyone should even be playing Bannerlord right now, including PN. You are just gonna get bored and then be too burned out to play later updates. They haven't added any good big updates for BL in awhile, and PN also it's not going to feel quite right until I play another long campaign and adjust everything until it feels right.

1 hour ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Well, I don't think anyone should even be playing Bannerlord right now, including PN. You are just gonna get bored and then be too burned out to play later updates. They haven't added any good big updates for BL in awhile, and PN also it's not going to feel quite right until I play another long campaign and adjust everything until it feels right.

Actually, your mod is sth people enjoy despite TW failed to deliver final game for two years.

I/we play BN _BECAUSE_ of your mod :) And for ITS features.

Indeed, but it's really the same. You will get tired of that as well, and I can't release new content very fast. 100 times slower than people can consume it pretty much. For me it's best to wait a long time before coming back, that's why I'm waiting for a few major BL patches before doing more serious playthroughs. ?

People can get tired for everything eventually. No matter what game you talk about. It is best to keep a short pause for serious playing if you feel so.

I appriciate your hard work for the great mod. Like other people said, I couldn't play BL very long without your mod either. So I would be happy even for bug fixes, if not delivering anything new very soon.

Speaking of fixes, are you going to post the recently mentioned fixes soon (coming 18 etc)?

Thanks for your work.

15 minutes ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Yeah trying to fill in some easy stuff

Damn, because lovers provide bonuses you limited amount of lovers sustainable for given amount of charm.
Problem is I want ONS/impregnation anyway, I don't want bonuses that much. I can't even break with lovers. So for my MC no more flirting :(
So how about following solutions?
1. Selecting/tagging lovers which provide bonuses; allowing unlimited number of lovers
2. Only last X of lovers MC had sex with lately provide bonuses. You could also enable sex with lovers on demand with time cooldown (IIRC widely suggested feature anyway).

I vote also for making difference between fling and romance:
1. Romance lasts, provides bonuses, is harder to obtain, can be ended, can result pregnancy "remotely" (woman could be impregnated by male she is in romance status with), can be stopped by 3rd party (e.g. angry spouse), it is easier to be busted (same as pregnancy with lover to happen, romances may be just rolled as discovered every x time).
2. Fling - very hard to detect, not lasting, one pregnancy roll, unstoppable by 3rd party.

BTW. Whole gossip idea could be improved, especially rising mystery level. Gossips could be ex ante, not ex post (only until heard, not perpetual). Could be partial (Ira had sex with some male, or Ira had sex with noble Vladian, Ira had fling with some male from Sargot). Could be very hard to obtain, maybe to pay for spies? High relationship needed?

Nibbler2345

First off, I appreciate the mod.  Makes BL fun to play through again.

I did have a question, which hopefully isn't stupid.  I am using the latest 1.8 with Hotbody version which has been stable with no crashes yet (I did have crashes with the Bastards mod during onscreen notifications and had to remove it).  I notice that in game, If I start the flirt process but don't finish it, I can only flirt with that person and no one else.  If I try to flirt with anyone else, the option is "blacked" out and when you mouse over it, it will tell you the name of the person you have an "unfinished" flirting session and where they are located. 

The challenge then becomes catching that person back in town to try to finish the session.  If they are on patrol or at war, they don't go back to town, so you can't finish the session and you can't flirt with anyone else.  

Is that normal behavior?  It seems a bit counter-intuitive for the nature of this mod.   

Thanks,

DrDX