Primae Noctis for Bannerlord

- Versions -

You should download the version which matches your game's version

1.2.1/3 - Hot Butter doesn't work right now so added alternate way to import Hot Butter's scenes. Just DL HotButter, take the SceneObj folder and put it in the PrimaeNoctisBLord folder, final destination should be next to bin, Config, GUI, Images, etc. Added an alternate way to reroll stats at level 1.

1.2.0 - Played for awhile and it seemed to work 

1.1.6 Release - Use 1.1.0, everything seems to be the same.

1.1.3/4 Release - Use 1.1.0, everything seems to be the same.

1.1.1/2 Release - Use 1.1.0, everything seems to be the same.

1.1.0 Release - Not tested beyond loading and saving once. Also there aren't new features since 1.0.2, so don't look for any.

1.0.3 Release - Same as below, Same file as 1.0.2

1.0.2 Release - Same as below, but I am adding all lords without a clan to the Neutral clan now, and I don't know if that will have some weird side effects after 20 years of game or something

1.0.1 Release - Seems stable

1.0.0 Release - Haven't tested much but not much changed since 1.9.0. To get this, go to steam properties and select Betas -> None, and you will download the "official" game release.

- Requirements (NEW) -

Harmony https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2006

- Features -
I'm not a fan of spoilers / marketing / huge lists of features and I have more enjoyment when I go and discover things on my own, and I extend that notion to others as well, which is why I didn't bother to write a list of features. But if you really want to spoil yourself...

Spoiler

• This is an 18+ mod full of graphic descriptions and utter filth.
  • Completely random features: The mod automatically enables achievements even with mods (not if cheat mode was activated though) because the game is basically unplayable without mods.
  • Experimental: There are a lot of experimental and perhaps unfinished features. No one, including me, really knows what's going to work, so I like to try a lot of different things.
  • Laws: These theme of this mod is rather brutal (especially if you're a woman) medieval laws. There are policies you or AI leaders/vassal can pass that have various effects.
  • Actual laws examples: The traditional rights of feudal lords (Primae Noctis, claiming after marriage, claiming upon turning age 18, etc), the rights of the conqueror (Arena-related and victor-related adult content), "Maternus" (willing female and breastfeeding / reverance for motherhood-related laws and traditions), "Hearth Lords" (incest-related laws and traditions). Some kingdoms start the game with these laws. These are intended to make each feel different.
  • Full AI participation / Simulation: The AI engages in as many of the same mechanics as the player as possible.
  • Interface with many game mechanics: In order to feel more real and meaningful, actions have many consequences in the game simulation, such as becoming disorganized, receiving discounts, changing morale, change of relationships, pregnancies, hp boosts, healing, stat buffs / maluses, etc.
  • Global acceptance rate / tolerance drift: Laws will be accepted faster or slower based on how many related actions happen, or how far the world in general has accepted that particular law.
  • Traditions: Like laws, but are a bit easier to pass / social engineer. These are intended to make each kingdom feel different with pre-enacted stuff like Concubines in Aserai or breastfeeding focus in the Southern Empire.
  • Lawspeakers: Medieval social engineering house you can visit in towns. Bring lots of money (and time) and enact all sorts of weird stuff. (Under construction)
  • Shrine: Experimental building where you can take oaths that restrict your character but buff you in certain ways. (VERY under construction)
  • Memories system: Characters will remember things the player does and it will shape your relationship with them. This is intended as a replacement for the Relation system which I find lacking. (VERY under construction)
  • Alternate quest details: Add adult details to some quests. So far, only Rival Gang has one.
  • "Mini adult text adventures": When capturing a female lord, when flirting with any random woman, when spending extra time with a special someone, when receiving breastmilk (if "Dantium" is passed), when someone is servicing your troops,  when raiding a village (being remade!).
  • Injuries: Heroes can gain relevant injuries during their shenaniganry. These temporarily lower max HP.
  • Spontaneous / situational adult events: Exactly what it says, and a bit too many to list.
  • AI decision making and reasons: AI will use a lot of formulas based on their memory / stats / current situation / mood to make decisions. Lots of support for displaying these reasons to the player.
  • Gossip: Unlock various info about other people in the world by staying up to date on gossip. Be sure to check the encyclopedia pages (Keybind: N).
  • Records: Detailed record keeping of events that have befallen every hero in the game. Available in the encyclopedia.
  • Support for Hot Butter scenes: Animated scenes will play after some relevant events. 
  • Flirting minigame: A slightly less brutish way into a woman's heart.
  • "War wives": (Primae Noctis law) Faction leaders will sometimes negotiate a lower tribute price by lending a randomly chosen noble lady of their faction for awhile.
  • Configuration: Pretty simple text configuration can be accessed in any town. No MCM required. (Under construction)
  • And so on: There is too much to list. It's best to just play the game if you're interested and stop trying to spoil your own fun.

- Latest Changes -

Spoiler

- Added console command PN. fix_bad_heroes_scan which will fix crashes in current savegames related to the Unknown father with no clan issue

- Fixed some crashes from Unknown fathers

- Fixed releasing prisoner issues

- Fixed babies being able to become caravan leaders

- Disabled doing continuous actions with a caravan leader because it's not going to be pretty trying to get them to stand still

- Fixed weird error sometimes when a war wife offer was coming

- Fixed female rulers taking concubines

- Fixed various crashes related to CreateAndRegisterRecord

- Fixed not being able to talk to anyone.

- Fixed rival gang quest wrong gender dialog appearing.

- FAQ -

Spoiler

Q. What do I do and how do I find the stuff?

A. Play and explore the game ?

Q. I don't see prisoner dialog to claim my captive.

A. If using CE and you want that option, you must disable the CE prisoner stuff in one of the menus.

Q. I can't talk to my companion!

A. Probably the base game issue where you cannot talk to companions in any kind of town or village.

Q. Can I change options?

A. There are a few in the Config/config.txt file.

Q. What's with the annoying (slow) flirting options and flirting system in general?

A. Well, it's meant to be an obstacle to overcome, and (slow) actions have a higher success rate so they should be more annoying to do.

Q. Why can't I do anything with my lover after the first night?

A. I don't think there is anything to do with a lover after that, not over a computer anyway, but you can feel free to offer ideas in the discussion thread.

Q. Why are some cooldowns so long?

A. One thing I think I've learned is that in order to make something feel meaningful, you can't do it too much, or you become desensitized to it.

Q. Why in god's name are there strange mechanics like Luck in an adult mod?

A. To give some meaning or reason or consequence to making good/bad decisions, something I find lacking in the base game. But this system is very unfinished for now.

Q. Why is it hard to implement traditions when you could just enable all of it by default?

A. So that each kingdom feels different, and to create a progression through the game which somewhat matches the base game. For instance if you go to the Southern Empire, there will likely be a lot of milk giving going on. In Sturgia, they take the arena very seriously. Aserai start the game with concubinage enabled by default, and so on. Each kingdom will feel different until you get enough power to engineer the systems you want. Also more is not necessarily better.

Q. Why do they enjoy it / why don't they get traumatized?

A. It's the only way I can see the game making sense. They are back on the battlefield in a week and there isn't any room for any other type of roleplaying in the game, so the reactions necessarily can't exceed mild annoyance or mild enjoyment. Just like the endless wars that don't really make any sense, the only explanation is that it's normal in this world or part of some kind of religion or tradition.

- IMPORTANT NOTES -

Hot Butter doesn't work right now so added alternate way to import Hot Butter's scenes. Just DL HotButter, take the SceneObj folder and put it in the PrimaeNoctisBLord folder, final destination should be next to bin, Config, GUI, Images, etc.

- Description -

This is a Bannerlord mod, mostly text based, focused around playing as a male character in long campaigns. There is almost no content for playing as a female so I recommend using CE for that. I'm aiming for balance, immersion, and a very long and slow buildup playing as a male character. 

Since the focus is on a long serious campaign of Bannerlord, I don't recommend combining with mods that are too powerful. For instance, it's pretty overpowered being able to steal tier 6 armor from your victims as they are worth 100k+, so you can't really have a balanced campaign with that around. Likewise, starting out with powerful slavery options makes all other mechanics kind of pointless. After all, you can just enslave anyone; there's no point to wives, lovers, or anything, and since you can take apart enemy kingdoms with slavery, war becomes pretty trivial as well. So decide beforehand whether you're up for a long campaign or rather you want a "quick fix" and choose the correct mods for maximum immersion and enjoyment.

- Config -

For now, you can configure some settings in a text file: The config file will be generated when you run the mod the first time and you can change the settings in \Modules\PrimaeNoctisBLord\Config\config.txt

You can also go to any town and change them in the "Settings house"

- Requirements -

Mouse Wheel: You may get stuck in some menus if you can't scroll down.

- Compatibility -

Modules overwritten by Primae Noctis: CharacterStatsModel, PartySpeedModel, DiplomacyModel, AgentApplyDamageModel, MarriageModel

HotButter Support: Some limited support for hotbutter scenes (after successful events / flirting / war wife rental).

- Thanks -

Pookie for writing most of the text/events

BadListener & CE team for showing how the hell to hack the game

Ambrothos for some images

Foonix for pointing out some code that needed updating

Edited by Nibbler2345

A little description would be nice.  I know it refers to the "right of the lord to lay with a bride" but exactly how is it triggered, who it affects and under what circumstances?  And are there negative opinion modifiers from the act among vassals?   Can NPC lords do that to a player character?  And what game version was this mod created for?  1.5.9,  1.5.10 or 1.6.0? 

For instance, how does flirting work?    And do you get approached by a lord for prima noctis or is it triggered via conversation or?   Or for the matter how does a lord exercise his prerogative to take a female vassal to bed?  How does it affect female PC's?  Male PC's? 

Is it compatible with Captivity Events and associated mods like TBCaptivity? 

Update:  Tested without Captivity Events to see what happened if I was defeated in battle.  Captured by female, works fine (PC was female)  CTD otherwise as I suspect the captor was male.   This is on 1.5.9.  

Edited by Celedhring

Sorry for very little info given but this is a super early testing version and I'd rather people not actually play it just yet, but I have put up a version because I've kept people waiting so long, so if someone is extremely desperate to play it or something they can.

Edited by Nibbler2345
  • 3 weeks later...

I became extremely busy, so I haven't been keeping up with anything for awhile, but luckily nothing seems to have happened other than the mod being unplayable right now.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:57 PM, AMchi said:

Works with 1.5.9, and 1.58 last I tried. Anything later crashes

Hey you're right, the game doesn't even open. Guess I should fix that. 

It seems the only problem was that in the latest update they have removed several reflection attributes such as [SaveableClass], but saveables still work properly so long as you override  DefineClassTypes and use AddClassDefinition() as normal. Will upload new files soon.

Edited by Nibbler2345

Some gameplay things I'm thinking about adding soon:

1) The base game law system is kind of unwieldy to do what I want, and there is no real gameplay associated with it, so for instance there is no way you can use your resources in game such as gold, influence, and relations with nobles to help pass laws, so I will probably add a new system while leaving the current laws alone. Codename for this feature will be "Decrees" or something, and probably the easiest way to implement and access it will be through the lawspeaker menu.

2) After two kingdoms make peace, the losing kingdom can lower their gold debt by offering some noble females to be enslaved by the winners for 1 - 2 weeks in their capital. It would be nice if they would hang around the capital's castle in a skimpy outfit, but I haven't really seen any skimpy outfit mod yet. Codename for this feature: I dunno, "War Wives"?

3) If you have let's say at least 15 relations with a notable/questgiver in a village, and you happen to be his or her lord (meaning you own the castle or city that he is attached to), you can ask to recruit one of his family members to serve in your castle or city, officially as a "spy" (but really she will only be spying if you choose to give her light work). You could choose to do various things with these servants, although if you abuse them it might eventually hurt your relations with nearby questgivers. By default I think they should try to seduce any lord who visits your castle, stealing small amounts of influence for you and also gathering gossip. They could also "reduce garrision wages" if you choose to assign them a heavy workload. I'm thinking you could gauge each recruit first before hiring them and they would have various physical and mental stats which would have various effects on their performance, for instance a frail woman would probably complain a lot to her father / brother back in the village and quickly lower relations, also would probably not show much enthusiasm in her service or become injured easily. Feature codename: Uh... "Spies."

4) This would be a separate mod entirely, because the idea is kind of out there. But I'm starting to realize the game is interesting to me because of the emergent stories, and for those stories to emerge you need more characters, so the idea would be to simply add already existing well-known characters to Bannerlord, probably as wanderers. This mod would be way more open and configurable than PN, so people could design their own wanderers through text files, or port existing characters from other media easily. So I'm thinking you can have completely random wanderers from other games or media in your world, and if you don't like having some completely random characters in your world (let's say Tifa from Final Fantasy, Cersei Lannister, fucking Nell from Advance Wars? Harley Quinn, your next door neighbor... really whoever you can think of), I'm thinking we need an options screen where you can select which ones you want to possibly appear in your world, Now if you just have Batman and Cersei Lannister running around in the Bannerlord, it's gonna be pretty weird, so I will have some minor storyline / quest introducing this mechanic into the world, for instance a portal hidden in a remote forest somewhere, where certain people "appear just before their death in their world," or something silly like that, and maybe some events. Or, just an option to have the wanderers wandering the world by default waiting to be picked up by you as a companion or just getting knocked up after tournaments more likely. Most importantly and different from other wanderer mods, I would like to code the special features of the characters physically into the game, so for instance Nell is well known for her supernatural luck, but a "Lucky" trait doesn't exist in BL, so I would be coding one specifically so it could be assigned these "Lucky" characters, and I would attach it to lots of different functions in the codebase which should be affected by luck. Cersei Lannister is supernaturally bitchy, so she should have coded abilities to reflect that. I'm not sure how to implement that one actually... Codename for this feature: I dunno, "Immersive Offworlders" maybe.

Also I am uploading a working version for 1.5.10 shortly. 1.6.0 is a lot different so that's going to take a bit longer.

Edited by Nibbler2345

Welcome back dude!

1) That seems like a pain in the rear, but good luck on that, this one is my favorite idea cause it can be used as a framework.

2) Nice, and when animations are added I hope we can see them being used, and about outfits Kargrin has Some.

3) Good idea, you could even add the assassinations from one of the old mods from warband, were you could send one of your followers to kill a lord, was it in AD 1220? don't really remember sorry.

4) Yeah, this seems like it should be in orther mod, not my cup of tea being honest, but if you can code it there are a lot of people that would love that.

1.6.0 version is up. Had to hastily change a number of things, and I very quickly tested a few things and that's it. They changed how menus update text so that might be a problem, and no idea if all the menus are working correctly (there's way too many menus for me to test quickly) so good luck if you are on 1.6.0. And some tips even I forgot while testing: You must be at least level 4 and have 15 charm to flirt with anyone, and you must first talk to any lord about Prima Noctis before you even have the option to try it.

The fact that they are doing some pretty strange stuff in patches is somewhat killing my motivation to do anything though. In fact they almost ruined the entire mod just now by changing how dynamic text updates on menus, as I heavily rely on that, although I could probably just fix it with Harmony I still like how I have no dependencies or other mods necessary to download.

Edited by Nibbler2345
5 hours ago, Algene said:

4) Yeah, this seems like it should be in orther mod, not my cup of tea being honest, but if you can code it there are a lot of people that would love that.

That's understandable. The reason I feel like I need such a thing is because I've done so many playthrough while testing that I've gotten too familiar with all the characters already to the point of boredom with them and I need new ones. In every kingdom I practically memorized each lord by now.

In the meantime before I can fix laws, I'm seeding some laws into kingdoms on new game start, because one of the problems is that there's not really any gameplay way to get laws you want other than start your own kingdom, and the AI rarely passes any laws on its own. AI either will pass the law or it won't. So I'm just giving them some to start with based on what I think would fit each kingdom.

if (k.StringId == "battania")
                    {
                        k.AddPolicy(PNPolicies._policyHearthLords);                        
                    }
                    if (k.StringId == "empire_s")
                        k.AddPolicy(PNPolicies._policyMaternus);
                    if (k.StringId == "empire_w" || k.StringId == "vlandia" || k.StringId == "sturgia" || k.StringId == "khuzait")
                        k.AddPolicy(PNPolicies._policyTournamentRights);

Also, finished feature "war wives," "That one should be easy. Let's do that first." Yeah about that apparently it's a massive pain in the ass to get heroes leading parties to stay somewhere without heavily changing their state because they keep getting recruited into armies or trying to chase bandits around the nearby city, and I made it much harder on myself by making the woman travel / ride all the way over the map to the city she's supposed to be serving in. Maybe teleporting is just smarter for next time.

warwife1.png.c8356e2ac08b1ba47762e562fbe5f983.png

This is not Diasca I just didn't want to walk all the way the fuck to Sanala.

warwife2.png.4438f755ff89165d930528937b6f9309.png

So there's some things I can't implement yet. First of all, I have made them wear rags, but I think it would be a good idea if they wore special things for whichever kingdom they were serving (except I don't think anyone has made any yet). For instance if they were sent to an Aserai city, they should wear some kind of belly dancer / Persian harem clothing. If they are sent to an imperial city they should get very revealing robes or something. I am pretty new to modeling and It would take me several weeks just to try modeling one very bad instance of such clothing so yeah hopefully someone makes culturally appropriate revealing clothings for each major culture (that'd be around 6 outfits?) some day.

Also it would be nice if she could be in various animations with whomever was in the castle at that time (and also could match the inferred acts I am simulating during the game updates in the background), but again, doesn't seem feasible yet.

Another thing I haven't gotten around to: This would be quite a complicated system for little payoff, but the facial expressions / her responses could be better. I should make an algorithm which calculates her situational mood based on her feeling of being there (according to her stats, she might have different levels of enjoyment, apathy, fear, or anger at her assignment) + how she's being treated there (there's already a system which estimates how roughly she's being treated by the lords in each particular place) but this would be a lot of work, and honestly the faces in this game just end up looking god damn stupid half the time anyway, but it's on the list.

Edited by Nibbler2345
  • 3 weeks later...

Never have seen them, in warband+dickplo these were the backbone of my brothels, I normally gave all my followers clubs or iron maces to KO them, in the later part of the game I would use slave crushers or slaver chiefs if I could train them, hopefully we get a Manhunter faction again.

Okay apparently I forgot to update to 1.6.1 and was actually stuck on the previous version. Should be fixed soon. I add things to the mod while playing so in order to for there to be female main character stuff I will have to play as a female eventually, but honestly I wouldn't expect very much. It's gonna be a ton of work to add all those scenes from female perspective, but maybe I can add the major stuff. The thing is I think CE already has tons of female content so it seems a bit pointless for me to do that.

Incoming blogpost: So recently I started playing a pure trader character in BL because I have tried other types of characters. Boy, it is extremely boring. Maybe they can somehow make that more interesting later, but I kind of doubt it, because they are going for mostly a basic and semi-realistic trading economy, but it's not really close to being a good or interesting simulation, yet at the same time it's lacking the challenging bits of drama and "fun bits" you get from non-simulation gaming. Really I wouldn't recommend a pure trader run for anyone. So yeah, I kind of stopped playing/modding for a little while to see what kind of stuff they will add to the game next.

Edited by Nibbler2345

Okay, 1.6.1 compatible up, I played for 5 minutes and nothing seemed to be super broken. I mean, something strange happened where a woman threw herself at me when I entered the very first town, and it said she was my lover despite having just started the game which is not supposed to happen, but maybe that was something weird with me doing a test from a slightly older save version... I hope.

But yeah I didn't get to test much in 1.6.1 yet but at least the game doesn't crash. I was working on the foundation for features "war wives" and "spies" when 1.6.1 dropped so that is in there, but those are a bit unfinished. For instance, if you track one of those ladies down, they will not give you any special dialogue yet.

1 hour ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Okay, 1.6.1 compatible up, I played for 5 minutes and nothing seemed to be super broken. I mean, something strange happened where a woman threw herself at me when I entered the very first town, and it said she was my lover despite having just started the game which is not supposed to happen, but maybe that was something weird with me doing a test from a slightly older save version... I hope.

But yeah I didn't get to test much in 1.6.1 yet but at least the game doesn't crash. I was working on the foundation for features "war wives" and "spies" when 1.6.1 dropped so that is in there, but those are a bit unfinished. For instance, if you track one of those ladies down, they will not give you any special dialogue yet.

thanks for that swift update.

5 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

thanks for that swift update.

edit: just a heads up it's pretty easy to switch sex mid game not sure how this will impact the mod but for testing purposes the game allows us to easily switch between playing a male or female on the fly, not sure if this helps the case to make this mod support a female player character.

26 minutes ago, Nibbler2345 said:

Are you sure you can change it? I can change all my character appearance by pressing V but I can't seem to change the gender after the character creation.

yup press v and u can select the gender of the player its just above the skin color, its weird if its not appearing for u.

the mods i am using are MCAmazonBody & CharacterReload, not sure if these mods modified the defaults but i am pretty sure its there even without these mods, but both mods work for 1.6.1, and MCAmazonBody has been working since like forever nothing seems to break it.

Edited by Whizkid
4 hours ago, Whizkid said:

yup press v and u can select the gender of the player its just above the skin color, its weird if its not appearing for u.

the mods i am using are MCAmazonBody & CharacterReload, not sure if these mods modified the defaults but i am pretty sure its there even without these mods, but both mods work for 1.6.1, and MCAmazonBody has been working since like forever nothing seems to break it.

CharacterReload lets you change the gender, and pretty much anything, I think that's the reason you can change it.

Edited by Algene