BTW I will add some configuration in the game console for power users (very easy to make) at first, later I will probably add some GUI but that stuff is going to break every patch so I'd rather not right now. It's very annoying fixing stuff that is broken after every patch for no reason.

Also I'm trying to have as few dependencies for as long as possible. I dunno if anyone has played Skyrim lately but it takes like 4-6 hours to setup mods potentially and you also become very reliant on outside code which you have no control over when or if it is ever updated...

Edited by Nibbler2345

What mods are other people playing alongside PN 1.8.0?

My game is pretty simple...AutoTrader, EquipBestItem, Cheats (I like to have a lot of companions), and a few weapon mods. I skip CE as the focus there is on being a captive and the captor add-on events are mostly out of date.

MarryAnyoneContinue was good and Houses of Calradia sounds interesting...but neither are updated to 1.8.0.

I'm trying to learn how to update abandoned mods but it definitely does not come easily to me.

2 hours ago, SeranaUser said:

What mods are other people playing alongside PN 1.8.0?

My game is pretty simple...AutoTrader, EquipBestItem, Cheats (I like to have a lot of companions), and a few weapon mods. I skip CE as the focus there is on being a captive and the captor add-on events are mostly out of date.

MarryAnyoneContinue was good and Houses of Calradia sounds interesting...but neither are updated to 1.8.0.

I'm trying to learn how to update abandoned mods but it definitely does not come easily to me.

Well, PN seems to be male MC oriented, but it lacks one functionality CE has (and I am "forced" to install CE). Banging female captives. NPCs can do so, MC not. In case PN adds such functionality I could ditch CE for male MC completely. PN could add also executing male captives (for family/gene-domination playthrough).

Could you link all mods you actually use?
My mods:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1578
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2750

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2382

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1996

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3260

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4177

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3700 (UI conflict with character manager, nothing serious, allows growing up the children)
+ harmony,butter,mcm,uiex,ce

39 minutes ago, CobraPL said:

Well, PN seems to be male MC oriented, but it lacks one functionality CE has (and I am "forced" to install CE). Banging female captives. NPCs can do so, MC not. In case PN adds such functionality I could ditch CE for male MC completely. PN could add also executing male captives (for family/gene-domination playthrough).

Could you link all mods you actually use?
My mods:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1578
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2750

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2382

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1996

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3260

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4177

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3700 (UI conflict with character manager, nothing serious, allows growing up the children)
+ harmony,butter,mcm,uiex,ce

Bannerlord Cheats at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) (Same function as UnlimitedCAP and more.)

Equip Best Item - Updated at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) (Same as CobraPL's)

Bannerlord AutoTrader at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) (Click a button on the menu when you enter a town and it will "suggest" some trades according to your specifications. You can then easily cancel or approve the trade. Lots to configure, like "keep smeltable weapons" "sell armor under tier 3" "keep at least 100 units of food" etc.)

Marry anyone continue at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) (NOT 1.8.0-ready. Currently seems to be abandoned, but keep an eye on the posts section in case someone adopts it (a vague offer to adopt it came along two weeks ago). Polygamy, incest, same-sex marriages. I think there is/was an option to lead the Southern Empire by marrying Rhagaea but it might be a little buggy with the PN "breaking in at 18" feature when that gets reintroduced. I don't have a screenshot of the error, but essentially the "marry into the ruling clan" feature made the game produce some messages like I was the ruler, and some messages like Rhagaea was still the ruler. My memory of this is a bit fuzzy and I could be mistaken.)

They moved some stuff around, as usual. Mods will have to change stuff like EndCaptivityAction.ApplyByReleasedByPlayerAfterBattle has to be changed to EndCaptivityAction.ApplyByReleasedAfterBattle. Anyway, fixed.

Edited by Nibbler2345
2 hours ago, Nibbler2345 said:

They moved some stuff around, as usual. Mods will have to change stuff like EndCaptivityAction.ApplyByReleasedByPlayerAfterBattle has to be changed to EndCaptivityAction.ApplyByReleasedAfterBattle. Anyway, fixed.

ty for that quick fix, gj.

I use this Mod Launcher: BannerLord Mod Launcher at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) since my game doesn't launch correctly from Steam. This was an issue before the hotfix.

With that Mod Launcher and the six default components (Native, SandBox Core, CustomBattle, Sandbox, StoryMode, Multiplayer) I can play post-hotfix.

With that Mod Launcher, the six defaults, the PN version from 6 hours ago, I get a "The application faced a problem..." CTD when launching.

Harmony, etc. are disabled.

2 hours ago, SeranaUser said:

I use this Mod Launcher: BannerLord Mod Launcher at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) since my game doesn't launch correctly from Steam. This was an issue before the hotfix.

With that Mod Launcher and the six default components (Native, SandBox Core, CustomBattle, Sandbox, StoryMode, Multiplayer) I can play post-hotfix.

With that Mod Launcher, the six defaults, the PN version from 6 hours ago, I get a "The application faced a problem..." CTD when launching.

Harmony, etc. are disabled.

That's weird. I downloaded it and I'm not crashing, so I don't know if I can fix that one.

2 hours ago, CCMods said:

Hey ! I love this mod and I was just wondering if by any chance you could upload the source to say Github and have the community write text for your events ? :) Would be amazing to see some variety in the event text

Can't do it, because it has only caused me lots of trouble in the past. Also I don't know if it would work too well because the events as they are in PN are extremely complicated and rely on lots of string concatenation and branching so everyone would have to understand C# to make good events. Best bet would be to make some mods which can use PN, if you wish. You can use PN functions by referencing the DLL in a C# mod assembly and use whatever functions you need from PN. The main one would be PNLoveManager.RegisterFullSexEvent() which controls the tracking of all encounters.

1 hour ago, Nibbler2345 said:

That's weird. I downloaded it and I'm not crashing, so I don't know if I can fix that one.

I got it working again with the latest PN. No idea what was wrong, but completely gutting the game folder and reinstalling the game, launcher, and mods worked.

@Nibbler2345

A few suggestions I'd make...and I totally understand if you feel it would be against the intended spirit of the mod...

I find myself tending to avoid tournaments in the mod as-is. I don't like seeing my female companions raped when they're eliminated in the early rounds, even if I'm the overall winner in the final round.

Maybe make arena rights something for the overall champion to enjoy...to have the option of picking from a "menu" of the defeated females, including some local females not part of my clan or kingdom?

Maybe a button to exclude females in my party from participating in the tournaments?

Maybe the local host can offer the winner a fuck from an imprisoned noble female, or the virginity of a criminal, as a prize alongside the usual gear?

If you disagree or don't see it as practical to implement, I'll definitely keep playing and just avoid tournaments.

About using captives, I didn't enable it due to gameplay mechanics reasons, and I see it as a bit too overpowered to just have as a brand new level 1 on the map, same as slavery. The fundamental idea of the mod will always reflect my preference for very long and slow campaigns, meaning 30-50 years possibly, and to avoid stuff which is badly affecting the world simulation or too unrealistic, Also overpowered/cheaty stuff is the bane of any long game. I'd certainly be bored, fast. Maybe this is something you can unlock after you become a king with a sizable empire and have advanced laws for it.

As to realism, I can see the people of Calradia putting up with prima noctis as a weird tradition that somehow lives on and is limited in nature (because it's a choice between having a captive or releasing them) and the nobles running the world may even see it as a way of ensuring the safety of their women (because they will often end up getting released). It's like a game, like the constant meaningless wars and capturing and losing of the same old castles. But if people have escalated to keeping captives forever and doing what they want with them, I don't think it would make sense to even let your women outside at that point, and I don't think the world of M&B makes much sense anymore. Surely someone should have captured all the women by now and conquered the entire world? Since the style of the M&B world has always been a weird endless war, you can only add things that are limited in nature if you want to keep the world simulation intact, at least until you gain enough power to change the world yourself.

22 minutes ago, SeranaUser said:

@Nibbler2345

A few suggestions I'd make...and I totally understand if you feel it would be against the intended spirit of the mod...

I find myself tending to avoid tournaments in the mod as-is. I don't like seeing my female companions raped when they're eliminated in the early rounds, even if I'm the overall winner in the final round.

Maybe make arena rights something for the overall champion to enjoy...to have the option of picking from a "menu" of the defeated females, including some local females not part of my clan or kingdom?

Maybe a button to exclude females in my party from participating in the tournaments?

Maybe the local host can offer the winner a fuck from an imprisoned noble female, or the virginity of a criminal, as a prize alongside the usual gear?

If you disagree or don't see it as practical to implement, I'll definitely keep playing and just avoid tournaments.

That's something I intend but I'm not sure how to do it. Actually, it'd be great if there was a way to keep certain people out of battles and such entirely. My  engineers and family members who I don't want in battles have died before because of this...

BTW, I seem to recall you can let people stand around in parties somehow. You could make female companions stand around outside the city in a temporary party while you go to the tournament. Very annoying, though...

Edited by Nibbler2345
9 minutes ago, Nibbler2345 said:

That's something I intend but I'm not sure how to do it. Actually, it'd be great if there was a way to keep certain people out of battles and such entirely. My sister has died before because of this...

There is the Cheats mod I mentioned above that let me have extra companions. It has settings for "Friendly Lord Combat Death Percentage" and "Player Companion [Combat] Death Percentage". You can set these to zero.

But I'm not sure if the former would apply to members of your own clan, or if the latter would apply to a member of your own clan not in your party. And in a long playthrough there would be balance/overpower concerns with them applied so broadly.

Well I believe those are already part of the game base options, at least I see the ability to turn off deaths every time I start a new campaign. And I agree with turning them off or heavily reducing them actually. At least with how the game is balanced now, it's too dumb having random deaths when there's so many meaningless endless battles to grind through. Your companions as well as lords will die for no reason and for no purpose just for the kingdom AI to get into more pointless wars next month. Still I'd rather just keep those guys out of battle entirely even with 75% reduced death chance.

Edited by Nibbler2345

@Nibbler2345
Solidified timer is still broken (stuck on e.g. 163h). MAYBE this time it seems fixed on first flirt resume, but is broken surely on next one. I may be forced to kill via command line poor Shimra becaue of that :(
EDIT: Timer seems to go in fact, but it seems it is not based on actual in-game time.

I also hope you will allow banging captives for their freedom same as NPC can do.

Edited by CobraPL

The timer only counts down every 24h actually. It runs for every hero in the entire game so I'm trying not to cause game lag or anything by having it update often. For captives, actually NPCs can only claim after a battle, just like the player. I will probably add some options for captives at some point but not slavery type stuff like I posted earlier.

8 hours ago, Nibbler2345 said:

I will probably add some options for captives at some point but not slavery type stuff like I posted earlier.

4 hours ago, alericsilvernord said:

I'm not seeing how banging captives would be overpowered, provided they can still escape as per vanilla.

I do like this mod, and see it as a viable alternative to CE, but I feel like this is one 'big' thing that really keeps people from using it.

Well, I was thinking only about releasing woman in exchange for sex. Simple talk to female noble etc. Similar to CE's function, but CE had plain r4pe, while PN may be sth like an agreement.

BTW, uploaded a new version where you can reroll your character's extra simulation stats (like rear/front preference). Try to get high front preference if you want higher pregnancy chance. Also the "Fertility" perk doesn't work yet but I'll get around to it.

IIRC, in some past versions it was possible to take more than one prize in a battle.

1. Claim A as your prize

2. Take A back to your tent

3. Claim B as your prize

4. Take B back to your tent

But in a battle I just fought, I selected:

1. Claim A as your prize.

2. Claim B as your prize.

3. "Agree and get started" for A.

And I ended up with B as a prisoner.