Followers Not Being Rendered or "Fading" Out

As the title says. Guys, I've looked at possible fixes for this and I already have them installed/enabled. So I'm asking if anyone else knows of something to fix this. It seems like it's just pushing my mediocre GPU too hard but it has 16Gb of memory and I'm using ENBoost. Cells seem to work better than Worldspace where I have the most trouble though the problem does happen in cells every so often. Out in the world they will disappear until combat and then they will be rendered again for a time. The problem gets worse the longer I play. So if I quit and reload it fixes things for awhile. As I said, really does sound like a memory issue since I've been making edits to clothing/armor and using larger textures and stuff. One thing I've noticed is the more HDT physics I put on stuff the worse things get. Looked at fixes for that and I've already done what I've found and still having problems. Guess I should also mention that I've made a LOT of personal modifications to my followers.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

As the title says

It is a common thing memory has a lot to do with it... Physics has a lot to do with it as well the more people who " bounce " aka Breast, Buts, Belly in a cell the more it can happen. You stated using ENBoost are you using the other memory tricks mods ?

14 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

It is a common thing memory has a lot to do with it... Physics has a lot to do with it as well the more people who " bounce " aka Breast, Buts, Belly in a cell the more it can happen. You stated using ENBoost are you using the other memory tricks mods ?

If you mean the old memory allocation in the SKSE ini, then yes. What I should be looking at while in-game is draw-call to compare where I'm having problems the most with interior cells where it's not that bad. But I'm definitely running out of memory and need to scale things back as well as use any "tricks" I haven't found yet. See, I like to break up outfits and make them modular and then do mash-ups with them and my game doesn't seem to like that very much, lol.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
25 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

But I'm definitely running out of memory

Have you run Skyrim Performance Monitor to see where your resources are going?

LE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491

SE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3826

As for your problem, I get it occasionally and it's 'usually' generics who are affected (wandering mage, bandit this or that etc). I've never really looked into possible causes.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

As for your problem, I get it occasionally and it's 'usually' generics who are affected (wandering mage, bandit this or that etc). I've never really looked into possible causes.

Same here. But it has gotten progressively worse the more modding I do. Thanks for the links.

Edit: NOT a memory issue. Game peaks at about 2.5 GB of VRAM from what I can tell. I don't run hi-res textures in my game for the very reason of performance. I have no clue what causes this shit.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
6 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Found the problem- hdtPhysicsExtensions. And no known fix. Used to be something on Nexus, but it's gone now.

That rings a bell somewhere at the back of my mind.

It would explain why the problem seems to come and go with me - when I'm playing I change various HDT-PE files every now and again ('because I can' ?) . My 'default' set up is Bazinga's Naturalistic

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2431-naturalistic-hdt/

Do you know what the name of the missing Nexus file?

8 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

It was called HDT Invisibility Fix beta.

That was bad mod, didnt fix invisibile npcs i had at the that time. Best fix with hdt phycis was the 255 thing.  Cant find good link on it right now, its a change in parameters for any bbp.xml file you have, I dont use hdt hair or hdt cloaks on my end I only had to edit bbp.xml file in hdt physics mod. 

You can look at mine, and or use mine, but you would see in your,I beleive, 6 places where I have the "<hkobject>
                                    <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>
                                </hkobject>
                            </hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">
                                <hkobject>
                                    <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>
                                </hkobject>" 

where you would not, it will actually pop up 255 for you every other time as these parameters are seen often throughout the entirety of the bbp.xml file that comes with hdt physics mod. 

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.7z

1.jpg.39a719d494ceac97821a4a7093b060d9.jpg

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Thanks, but you and others have said it doesn't work. I did the edits to the .xml file with hdt physics e already.

Toggle Options has a fix for the invisibility issue, I've used it, it works, but it has a limit to the number of npc's you can fix with it.  You can set up a hotkey, mouse over the affected NPC, and hit the hotkey and it should fix them.  I tend to only use it on unique NPC's (followers mostly) because of the limitation.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

It was called HDT Invisibility Fix beta.

Another distant bell ringing. I don't recall reading anything good about it either.

The 255 thing:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/34345-breasts-stretch-really-far-then-said-npc-sometimes-goes-invisible/?do=findComment&comment=1621615

The Great Bazinga has incorporated it into his Naturalistic HDT. ?

16 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

Toggle Options has a fix for the invisibility issue

That's not a fix - just a workaround.

Well, the old "disable" and "enable" in the console works well enough. Now to throw that in as a feature of AFT and I'll love Oldrim again, lol. :classic_smile:

BTW- that also works when you reset an npc's weight and their face bugs out. Tried it several times to make sure.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Well, the old "disable" and "enable" in the console works well enough.

If you mean the disappearing thing, I use Manipulator so an undress/dress via a hotkey does the trick if needs be.

7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

that also works when you reset an npc's weight and their face bugs out. Tried it several times to make sure.

That's an old trick.

44 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

then it's for anyone not as Skyrim savvy as you, lol.

I wasn't trying to be clever, it gets mentioned in tech support whenever the neck gap/weight change thing pops up.

As for the disappearing NPCs, you could try changing to a different set of xmls (i.e. by a different author) to see if that makes difference. I recently tried a different set (can't remember the name) and I was getting a lot of fluttering titty and butt cheek, a lot more clutter lying on the floor when I entered e.g. a shop and a few outfits stretching. I wasn't out and about so I didn't see any invisible NPCs ( ? ).

Needless to say I've switched back to Bazinga's.

30 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I wasn't trying to be clever, it gets mentioned in tech support whenever the neck gap/weight change thing pops up.

As for the disappearing NPCs, you could try changing to a different set of xmls (i.e. by a different author) to see if that makes difference. I recently tried a different set (can't remember the name) and I was getting a lot of fluttering titty and butt cheek, a lot more clutter lying on the floor when I entered e.g. a shop and a few outfits stretching. I wasn't out and about so I didn't see any invisible NPCs ( ? ).

Needless to say I've switched back to Bazinga's.

I'm playing SE now and looking around in game wondering where everybody went, lol. Vanilla Skyrim was such a lonely place. The amount of work I'll have to put into this is daunting to get it anywhere near my LE version and I'm starting to wonder what everyone thought was so great about this. It looks a little better out of the box. But other than that all I see are my fave mods that haven't and probably won't be ported unless I do it myself.

Edited by KoolHndLuke

When I tried original Botox version  I had very little invisible NPCs, and usually they would render out. I'm found updating  my enb binary helped a lot, I was using an old one. And changing my main armor replacer to non hdt helped also. 

I use Botox on all vanilla based chars and I haven't seen an invisible female in game in a long time